A bit vague. I hope he elaborates next week.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

This post really isn’t to get under the nerves of the devs and really isn’t intended on starting a flame war I’m just a concerned player trying to find out a bit more information or understand exactly what they mean.

The post about the future upcoming changes could be a bit more specific or am I just missing something? Specifically:

“Adding more variation to creatures, enhancing our open world scaling system, as well as evolving many events and experiences across Tyria.”

“Fixing and improving existing content throughout the game, and better tying it into the overall sense of player progression within Guild Wars 2.”

I know it’s the holidays and people want to eat thanksgiving dinner with their families(in America I mean) so I’m not demanding a further explanation because that would be pointless and rude.

What i would request is better explanation on what they mean by scaling. and what they mean by improving the overall sense of player progression.

See you when you get back. Happy Turkey Day.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

I think they just mean the calculations for their scaling are not tweaked properly and that encounters need to scale in more interesting ways. That’s just my take on it though.

For example, there exist many complaints about the Reinforcement segment of the final Lost Shore event, and I had heard that the scaling was crazy for this part. It was indeed the slowest and most boring part of the event. When I redid the finale Event on an alt, there were less players and the whole process was cut in half. This leads me to believe that when things get to critical zerg levels, the balance is still totally out of sorts.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community