A bow firing flying rainbow unicorns

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

My bad I guess I should have elaborated. The bow had nothing to do with my having less fun, it was that person’s attitude/him acting like a jerk that made it less fun. The bow was just a tool that he uses. I have no problems with the bow, only with the reasons for which that specific bow is being used

Ahhh. I get where you’re coming from.

Actually, I think he’s referring to all the QQ in this thread over a simple graphic change. He may not have put it most eloquently, but you got to admit; all this over a simple graphics change is pretty ridiculous.

As for using it to upset others, not sure how you do that tbh

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Avani Silver.2018

Avani Silver.2018

I don’t understand how seeing a rainbow unicorn is any less immersion breaking then seeing a wooden staff shoot a fireball. Unicorns are a symbol of nature even if only in myth and rangers are all about nature. How dare they put a mythical creatures like dragons and unicorns in a fantasy MMO.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

My bad I guess I should have elaborated. The bow had nothing to do with my having less fun, it was that person’s attitude/him acting like a jerk that made it less fun. The bow was just a tool that he uses. I have no problems with the bow, only with the reasons for which that specific bow is being used

Ahhh. I get where you’re coming from.

Actually, I think he’s referring to all the QQ in this thread over a simple graphic change. He may not have put it most eloquently, but you got to admit; all this over a simple graphics change is pretty ridiculous.

As for using it to upset others, not sure how you do that tbh

It’s not a simple graphics change.

I am sure that allowing topless female characters are technically a simple graphics change. Trust me, there will be a kitten storm.

In the end you could argue that the joke of the century equals legendary, but we all know that a lot of people want to look awesome or kitten. I am not saying there’s no room for rainbows and shooting unicorns if it must be, but if your main weapon is a shortbow, you don’t have much choice, do you? The point that there will be more legendary skins in the future doesn’t help. People want to get a cool legendary weapon now and this just can’t be the only legendary shortbow right now. That’s just taking the kitten with a large part of the player base.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Just stick a Quaggan backpack on and you’ll look a complete clown.
Agree… bow shooting unicorn “mirages” or whatever they are, weird kitten….

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Personally I can’t wait for this brony sub-culture to bite the dust.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Add me to this list.. The most stupid mind boggling bow legendary ive ever seen implemented in a game Anet should feel bad they made this not pat each other on the back…

I expect this in Hello kitty Online not Guildwars 2, shows the world is slowly degrading..

Gehenna.3625

Ignorance goes both ways though. Although I do not like it when people use homosexuality as a derogatory term, it is true that rainbows have been used as a symbol for homosexuality and unicorns, as magical horses, are considered a generally more feminine interest. Now these comments you refer to are obviously out of line and I wish people would refrain from that form of ignorance but I also want to say that I do understand that shooting rainbows and unicorns is definitely a more feminine item and it would be ok to have a more masculin bow as well.

This bow is something of an extreme and with extremes you will always have a lot of people who like it and a lot who don’t. I find it a shame that Anet doesn’t seem to want to cater to more than one group at the same time. It just proves they shouldn’t have added them on release and should’ve added a full set of ascended gear first before releasing legendaries.

With all the best will I can muster, I really just don’t understand how they could’ve made such basic errors in their release schedule. The introduction of ascended items with FotM and the lack of variety for legendary skins, not too mention that a lot of the existing skins are less than legendary, just shows that they made some decisions that could’ve been avoided.

A lot of people just want to work to something they feel is legendary. The path to get one however is not legendary and the skins are hit and miss depending on your tastes as we can clearly see here.

The big problem is the lack of alternatives. And yes, to be honest if I have to run into people firing unicorns at me, I do start to wonder if I ever want to come back to this game at all, because for me it kills immersion. I really am tired of all the kiddie/girlie fantasy stuff. I don’t mean pretty armour and outfits and all that but shooting unicorns just doesn’t work for me. But that aside, people should have options if you want to have a broad enough audience.

I guess with the GS they have 2 skins and half the classes can use a GS but that’s the easy way again. The staff looks ridiculous as well and the wand is so much better but the wand has crap skills for my build. So also the skill sets with weapons play a role here. I guess I just don’t understand Anet’s philosophy anymore. GW1 may be graphically outdated but the quality of the design was so much higher in that game. It just baffles me that they abandoned that.

See, in MMOs you get a lot of funny stuff these days, but that’s usually linked to events and celebrations. It would’ve been ok if there was some event that gave this as a rare bow skin, but not as the only legendary skin for a shortbow.

[Edited by Moderator: Quote removed]

(edited by Moderator)

TheDaiBish.9735

It’s not a simple graphics change.

I am sure that allowing topless female characters are technically a simple graphics change. Trust me, there will be a kitten storm.

In the end you could argue that the joke of the century equals legendary, but we all know that a lot of people want to look awesome or kitten. I am not saying there’s no room for rainbows and shooting unicorns if it must be, but if your main weapon is a shortbow, you don’t have much choice, do you? The point that there will be more legendary skins in the future doesn’t help. People want to get a cool legendary weapon now and this just can’t be the only legendary shortbow right now. That’s just taking the kitten with a large part of the player base.

Topless females would cause a kittenstorm because the game is rated 12+ (exactly the same reason they don’t have blood splatters). If it was rated 18+, I don’t think it’d cause that much of a stir.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m all for more variety. I agree that there should be more choice, and they should have done a Sunrise/Twilight thing. Personally, my fave shortbow skins are Wintersbark and the HoM skin.

However, if the Legendary was a bow that shot a massive dragon, the same people here complaining about the Dreamer would probably laugh at people complaining about how it doesn’t fit into their idea of what a Legendary is, just as the people who like the Dreamer are laughing at the people who are complaining that it doesn’t fit into their vision of what a Legendary is.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

a lot of jealous people in this thread. I don’t have the bow but when I first saw it I thought it look amazing.

the Anet logo has to go though. That’s just cheesy.

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

I do not understand why all of a sudden, and YES…ALL OF A SUDDEN, this particular Legandary Bow is being complained and/or hyped about. It has been out since the first Beta Weekend Event, last year in 2012. If anyone was going to hype about it, it would’ve been hyped about at that point in time. It’s a great thing to see, when you compare to how most MMOs have the most dark, and sinister of top-end weapons. I think it’s perfectly fine to “Go to the Light”, instead of “Staying in the Dark”.

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

And yes, to be honest if I have to run into people firing unicorns at me, I do start to wonder if I ever want to come back to this game at all, because for me it kills immersion. I really am tired of all the kiddie/girlie fantasy stuff. I don’t mean pretty armour and outfits and all that but shooting unicorns just doesn’t work for me.

Common. How it breaks immersion? Gw2 lore have unicorns. Gw2 lore have mesmers who can create any ridiculous illusion to play with your brain. Is it hard to imagine legendary bow with this combined? Would fit in lore for me.

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

I do not understand why all of a sudden, and YES…ALL OF A SUDDEN, this particular Legandary Bow is being complained and/or hyped about.

Maybe because the unicorn was just added? Just a thought…

Posted by: Dreamer.5164

Dreamer.5164

The guys and girls with The Dreamer must be having such a great laugh at this thread from the amount of QQ

Gehenna.3625

Common. How it breaks immersion? Gw2 lore have unicorns. Gw2 lore have mesmers who can create any ridiculous illusion to play with your brain. Is it hard to imagine legendary bow with this combined? Would fit in lore for me.

This is always a personal thing so I can only speak for myself, but shooting rainbows and unicorns is too childish for my tastes. Now, it’s not up to me to decide what everybody else may like but for me it’s such a ridiculous thing that it takes me out of what I am doing. I also have difficulty with all the butterflies around mesmers for example and again there is the issue of choice.

But to be fair if I am on a quest to fight some great evil and somebody starts shooting unicorns, you can’t help but be taken out of that serious affair of saving the world. And by itself it’s not a bad thing necessarily. I just wouldn’t want to end up in a my little pony version of a fantasy world because it’s just not my type of fantasy.

If for example you end up in a funny quest chain or story line with a mad mesmer or something who then in the boss fight or whatever ends up using a weapon like that I would think that’s funny. If I can’t play a day without running into someone with one of those bows then it gets old really fast and in fact it gets annoying because it does detract from the atmosphere I like in a fantasy setting.

On TV and in movies there is too much teen angst fantasy or child heroes etc. I can guarantee you that if someone started shooting a bow with rainbows and unicorns in every game of thrones episode it would get old real soon and detract from the story line. If you don’t get that, then ok, but that’s how it is for me.

One of the reasons I stopped playing Aion is because of all the non fantasy attire like tuxedos and diving gear. GW2 already has baseball caps and little by little this game is showing to be made for teens and not for more adult players who like games to be a little bit darker and less contemporary references in it.

Overall the game feels too childish. One could say a game doesn’t have to be dark and dreary all the time and I agree but the whole world doesn’t breathe a bit of threat or darkness in GW2. It’s all too colourful and “my little pony” style. Some of it looks fantastic but even Orr doesn’t feel threatening. Barren yes, but threatening no.

This bow is just the cherry on top of the carnival that is GW2. It’s a symbol of this game going too far in that direction…at least for me. If you like it great, but that doesn’t help me much and that’s why I now wonder if I would play this game again even if they fixed the reward and combat systems.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

The fact that this thread has grown so much is a testament to just how legendary this bow is. As to all those fussing about not having a better bow to get…

http://www.gw2db.com/items/weapons/short-bows?filter-filter-item-type=2&filter-item-rarity=6

Even if 2/3s of the list are copies, I’d still say that’s a lot to choose from. Also, may I remind you that legendaries are NOT required. They are vanity items. They have been marketed as vanity items ever since they were introduced. If you don’t feel the bow is worth it then don’t get it. It will save you a lot of time, money, pain and heartache.

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

I already loved the first version of The Dreamer and am actually leveling a shortbow ranger just to wear that one day. But I adore this new one even more. It is absolutely AWESOME. <3

Like I already said elsewhere, there is enough evil manly looking stuff out there already, more unicorns, rainbows and princess wands please. Girls like me are playing this game, too.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

MESMERS! This post is for you/us! Remember… we have a healing skill that reflects back projectiles while being used.

Unicorns are bouncy.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

Snip

That’s a big old post to say that you like different things to some people.

Behold: Opinions!

Gehenna.3625

I already loved the first version of The Dreamer and am actually leveling a shortbow ranger just to wear that one day. But I adore this new one even more. It is absolutely AWESOME. <3

Like I already said elsewhere, there is enough evil manly looking stuff out there already, more unicorns, rainbows and princess wands please. Girls like me are playing this game, too.

Don’t get me wrong. If you love this hideous thing, then it’s great you can get it. But for those who want a legendary (which is more than just a skin since it will also get ascended stats) shortbow and are not femininely inclined (and I do mean that with all the respect), wouldn’t you agree that it goes both ways?

You cannot simply say there are plenty of skins in the game already that are more masculin if you will, because they are not legendary. If it’s fairer to the population to have more rainbows in exotic and lesser ranges then ok. But legendary is a class apart and the equality or rather choice should exist within that class.

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone,
this thread has been accidently moved, sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Don’t get me wrong. If you love this hideous thing, then it’s great you can get it. But for those who want a legendary (which is more than just a skin since it will also get ascended stats) shortbow and are not femininely inclined (and I do mean that with all the respect), wouldn’t you agree that it goes both ways?

You cannot simply say there are plenty of skins in the game already that are more masculin if you will, because they are not legendary. If it’s fairer to the population to have more rainbows in exotic and lesser ranges then ok. But legendary is a class apart and the equality or rather choice should exist within that class.

I play a mesmer. Maybe it takes a certain mentality, I don’t know, but I don’t just want to beat your character. I want to leave you confused and frustrated while doing so. Knowing that the unicorn effect is striking people at the masculine core of their ego makes me wish mesmers had this as a weapon. As a matter of fact, if mesmers had it it should not only fire unicorns but have those unicorns explode in a poof of purple butterflies and confetti, then I could stomp your downed body with a big daisy instead of a flagged spike. Just to get in their minds, you know? The more upset they get the more mistakes they make. Get someone upset enough and they’ll start to seek you out, leading them into further and further mistakes and domination.

Domination by butterflies and unicorns, with a big daisy for the coup de grace. Yeah.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I don’t understand how seeing a rainbow unicorn is any less immersion breaking then seeing a wooden staff shoot a fireball. Unicorns are a symbol of nature even if only in myth and rangers are all about nature. How dare they put a mythical creatures like dragons and unicorns in a fantasy MMO.

Fantasy settings are built on their own history.
Elves are elves because there have been elves in many fantasy settings. They have evolved into the “fair-skinned guys with pointy ears” they are now. If you make them look like potatoes or something, then people won’t see them as elves.

Similarly, staves that shoot fireballs have come to become ‘normal’ in the same way. A staff summoning a unicorn to fight along you could also be considered normal within a fantasy setting because of this.
But the unicorn being the projectile. Now that’s something more out of the plane of Chaos that something you’d see normally.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Avatar.1923

its just uninspiring.

like a shield with a clown face on it.

like a helmet made with a pair of underwear.

its just “whatever”.

cheesy.

Posted by: fractalKinesis.8569

fractalKinesis.8569

Personally I can’t wait for this brony sub-culture to bite the dust.

Agreed.

Xiro, High Five Warriors [HFW], Jade Quarry

Posted by: Pradton.8576

Pradton.8576

100 years in the future unicorns will no longer be considered feminine objects! Their long pointy forehead horn will stand for the virility of males, their strong muscled bodies for their masculinity/strength and the speed of their gallop for a man’s… performance in bed. Their color key will be gray and muted, no more of this colorful stuff. They will trample over their enemies in small stampedes leaving them bloody. Those who survive will meet there end impaled upon their horns.

So worry not, unicorns will flip their cultural representation in the future! Little girls will no longer make fan art of them and we will wear them proudly on our chest just like those Lacoste shirt aligators.

Embrace the unicorn.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Just quietly, I love the new projectiles.

I am a male ranger who now possesses a flower bow that shoots flowers, and a pink unicorn bow that shoots rainbow unicorns.

Quite frankly I’ve never felt more masculine.

(my little pony sucks)

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Munkee.3542

Munkee.3542

Just throwing my 2 cents in here because I can. I’m a brony, I actually have the character name “Brony” in game, I’ve been watching MLP:FiM for a couple years now, and I loved the concept of having a legendary bow with a MLP influence. In fact, I was working towards acquiring it… but it’s now over the top. The projectiles are too big and it’s fairly distracting. The Dreamer could be changed in an alternative way while maintaining its MLP influence.

I’d say revert the projectiles back to just the unicorn head like they were, keep the new rainbow stream effect on the projectiles, and add a rainbow trail behind the player similar to that of Rainbow Dash’s. The current projectile is just too big and there are better ways to make it stand out more.

Attachments:

Mesmer
Pinnacle Of Responsibility [Mom] – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

looking for a more “for real” MMORPG already.

I surely can’t be the only one to see the delicious irony of the concept of a ‘real’ fantasy game.

Posted by: TSLlol.4879

TSLlol.4879

Just throwing my 2 cents in here because I can. I’m a brony, I actually have the character name “Brony” in game, I’ve been watching MLP:FiM for a couple years now, and I loved the concept of having a legendary bow with a MLP influence. In fact, I was working towards acquiring it… but it’s now over the top. The projectiles are too big and it’s fairly distracting. The Dreamer could be changed in an alternative way while maintaining its MLP influence.

I’d say revert the projectiles back to just the unicorn head like they were, keep the new rainbow stream effect on the projectiles, and add a rainbow trail behind the player similar to that of Rainbow Dash’s. The current projectile is just too big and there are better ways to make it stand out more.

nope no way. Downgrading a legendary is just a nono. People worked for this, don’t ruin it for them. Also it’s no more “distracting” than a Twilight’s slash. And it’s kitten pleasing to watch those unicorns fly imo. Great job ANet, one of the best legendaries sofar! And the projectiles are surprisingly well sized. +1

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

All of this talk about “immersion” breaking is really silly, it’s just a sneaky way to imply that there’s something wrong with the thing you’re discussing beyond the fact that you simply don’t like it. Anet decided that a magical bow that shoots unicorns is something that is a part of their world. Considering this is a high fantasy setting that is already full of comedic relief elements, having a bow that takes the kitten out of people that want their equipment to be super serious isn’t out of the ordinary. The only reason anyone has singled out this thing as being what ruins their “immersion” rather than stuff like, say, map chat or being able to fall 50 feet, port back to a waypoint, and be fine with no broken bones, is because they don’t like the way it looks. Not because it doesn’t belong in the game or setting.

This would be like me reading Tolkien then complaining about how Tom Bombadil is immersion breaking. No, someone ripping the book out of my hands then farting in my face would be immersion breaking. What it really is is just a single part of the story that I personally don’t like very much, but I feel like “I don’t like this” doesn’t hold enough weight so I hide behind a term like “immersion breaker” that implies there’s something actively wrong with his role/appearance in the story. And for the record, I love Bombadil.

to each his own. we all have an opinion.

and personnaly i think this bow is so very cheesy and doesnt fit into the setting more than the aviator sunglasses and boxing gloves.
(holiday cheesiness i usually am ok with. its an holiday..)

i think that most of all these cheesy items are available for real money (legendary to, most people use some gems to get parts of them) so it says a lot about who the target customer for these items is. .. i wont get into detail.

anet makes money out of this.
and thats it.
they probably dont care at all about anything else. “guild wars” just isnt a legendary setting. its a themepark, and it will go down in history as such, but most probably forgotten. and the devs will have enough cash for their retirements

Ehra.5240

Anything I don’t like is just a ploy to make money from suckers. Anything I do like is just good game design and clearly fits the setting perfectly.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

You think that’s bad? Look at Quip. I’m so going to blast my enemies with magic bubbles. Rather than legendary weapon I’d call it a joke weapon.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

TheDaiBish.9735

You think that’s bad? Look at Quip. I’m so going to blast my enemies with magic bubbles. Rather than legendary weapon I’d call it a joke weapon.

Aim for the eyes and you can perma-blind them with the bubbles and confetti.

That alone means Quip needs a nerf.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Anything I don’t like is just a ploy to make money from suckers. Anything I do like is just good game design and clearly fits the setting perfectly.

definitely.
cheese is cheese.
and as i see it now, they keep pushing the cheese because it sells.
and if it sell… its telling me im not playing the right game.

Ehra.5240

Sounds good. Bye

Sergoros.4398

If for example you end up in a funny quest chain or story line with a mad mesmer or something who then in the boss fight or whatever ends up using a weapon like that I would think that’s funny. If I can’t play a day without running into someone with one of those bows then it gets old really fast and in fact it gets annoying because it does detract from the atmosphere I like in a fantasy setting.

Here u go. Thats right way to go. Thats how i feel about it. Just try to take it farther. Imagine, that every player, that uses this bow, is roleplaying some kind of soldier of that mad mesmer army. And it would fit perfectly. U should just think beyond the normal fantasy setting.

On TV and in movies there is too much teen angst fantasy or child heroes etc. I can guarantee you that if someone started shooting a bow with rainbows and unicorns in every game of thrones episode it would get old real soon and detract from the story line. If you don’t get that, then ok, but that’s how it is for me.

It wouldnt fit there. Cause game of thrones is to serious. And only because of that.

GW2 already has baseball caps and little by little this game is showing to be made for teens and not for more adult players who like games to be a little bit darker and less contemporary references in it.

U wrong here. U know, that bronies isnt kids. Right? Some of my friends is quite old. The times when darkness was trendy is over. It doesnt mean, that ppl dont enjoy it. It just means, that darkness isnt only adult thing u could think about. Now both is fine. U dont have to be evil and dark to stay cool. With rainbow u could be 20% cooler

Overall the game feels too childish. One could say a game doesn’t have to be dark and dreary all the time and I agree but the whole world doesn’t breathe a bit of threat or darkness in GW2. It’s all too colourful and “my little pony” style. Some of it looks fantastic but even Orr doesn’t feel threatening. Barren yes, but threatening no.

About the world…did u do story? For me it has some nice threat. Some parts was very sad. Malchor history…and much more. This game have its dark sides. It just doesnt make all of them into some kind of emo vampires. Look at this world from a normal human perspective. U live in a world, where u kinda pressed to the wall. U had so many enemys. And somewhere there in the world 6 dragons is going to wake up and buck up the world. And then. Suddenly. Most of your enemys become friends. U all unite against one dragon AND WIN! Isnt it a cause for some party?

Btw…i dont like unicorn. For me, only thing it has to do with mlp – is having cutie mark. In other aspects…its just a horse with horn -_-

(edited by Sergoros.4398)

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

omg just take it as a joke
you take this game to sirisly some times >_>

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: Aank.4837

Aank.4837

I would be tempted to go out of my way to get this bow if every now and then one of the unicorns had Nigel Ficke riding on the back yelling “I do have some white hot moves!” or playing a little Daft Punk.

2:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgM3sb9vr-U

Sergoros.4398

But the unicorn being the projectile. Now that’s something more out of the plane of Chaos that something you’d see normally.

How about a bow, that casts illusion of unicorn on any arrow it shoots? How it sounds now?

cheesy.

i want a shield with a clown face on it.

TheDaiBish.9735

cheesy.

Isn’t this, like, the 10th time you’ve said this?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: SoPringles.4386

SoPringles.4386

Anet have always loved their pop-culture references. The hype of Robot Unicorn Attack has been long since dead. I think the peak of it was late 2009 early 2010, I see no problem with referencing a game designed by Adult Swim of all things.

Posted by: proxy.7963

proxy.7963

cheesy.

Isn’t this, like, the 10th time you’ve said this?

I just think they really want that clown-face shield.

Behold: Opinions!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I think that the people defending the “silly” legendaries don’t understand the difference between cute and bizarrely childish. In RL, an adult woman holding a kitten might be seen as “cute”. An adult woman wearing a ruffly babydoll dress holding a giant lollypop is bizarre. That is the difference between Quaggan NPCs and bows that shoot rainbow unicorns.

I don’t mind the humor in this game, but this has gone into the realm of strangeness. Yes, this game has magic. But a fireball is purposeful: it’s a ball of fire that is supposed to burn your enemy. What is the purpose of unicorn arrows? Do they run up and impale your enemy? What do the butterflies do? Ooo, scary! I suppose your enemy is laughing so hard at you that they’re rolling around on the ground and thus vulnerable to your other attacks?

I’m not saying this game should be a grim, realistic game, but it’s a matter of extremes and this is nonsense. People can say “just don’t get one” but I will have to see them around me. I don’t understand why ANet wants their game to be a joke. I really don’t want to be distracted by my laughter while I’m trying to run dungeons, etc.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

I think that the people defending the “silly” legendaries don’t understand the difference between cute and bizarrely childish. In RL, an adult woman holding a kitten might be seen as “cute”. An adult woman wearing a ruffly babydoll dress holding a giant lollypop is bizarre. That is the difference between Quaggan NPCs and bows that shoot rainbow unicorns.

I don’t mind the humor in this game, but this has gone into the realm of strangeness. Yes, this game has magic. But a fireball is purposeful: it’s a ball of fire that is supposed to burn your enemy. What is the purpose of unicorn arrows? Do they run up and impale your enemy? What do the butterflies do? Ooo, scary! I suppose your enemy is laughing so hard at you that they’re rolling around on the ground and thus vulnerable to your other attacks?

I’m not saying this game should be a grim, realistic game, but it’s a matter of extremes and this is nonsense. People can say “just don’t get one” but I will have to see them around me. I don’t understand why ANet wants their game to be a joke. I really don’t want to be distracted by my laughter while I’m trying to run dungeons, etc.

no you dont have to see them

just delete the game and play something less fun

how can people be so serious about a game if it really is gamebreaking for you simply leave and find another game

this bow is awesome

Ehra.5240

What is the purpose of unicorn arrows? Do they run up and impale your enemy? What do the butterflies do?

The purpose is to look good. In fact, that’s the intended purpose of all legendary weapons…. to have unique, standout effects.

As for the “but if someone else uses it then I have to see it!” thing… oh well. I’m not into the whole “dye all of my armor red and black and pretend I’m a super doom monster” thing people do, but I’m not going to get upset when I see it.

Posted by: Siebenstein.1376

Siebenstein.1376

Wait untill you’ve seen the new legendary Shotgun:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHe0S22d1vQ

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

(edited by Siebenstein.1376)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

An octopus bow that shoots rainbow jellyfish?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I want an Immobulus/Princess wand like staff. More hearts, moon crescents and stars with fairy dust please !

Killing uber males with cute weapons is priceless.

And a unicorn when you /rank. That would be amazing !

VoxL, NSPPT