A casual game, A casual response.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pkbot.1345

pkbot.1345

This should be a serious lesson learned by Arena Net. Molding end game heavily for casual play. I mean really, what did you expect?

99.99% of the hardcore gaming community left GW2. Did they really think that a few months after getting maxed out we would all still be logging in to do…nothing of value?

This game was not built to keep interest of people who game more than 10 hours a week. Yet the hardcore gamers are the ones anet should focus towards because they put the most money into gaming and they help establish communities as well as make your game look fun/addicting.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Where did you get these numbers? Or did you simply make them up in order to make your post look “more important”?

GW2 was announce and advertised as a casual-friendly game. People that bought it expecting it to be catered to them are just silly. The vast majority of gamers are casual, and all in all it is quite likely that they will make way more money catering to the majority rather than a tiny minority.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

pkbot.1345

Where did you get these numbers? Or did you simply make them up in order to make your post look “more important”?

GW2 was announce and advertised as a casual-friendly game. People that bought it expecting it to be catered to them are just silly. The vast majority of gamers are casual, and all in all it is quite likely that they will make way more money catering to the majority rather than a tiny minority.

Right, you must’ve forgot the part where GW2 is considered unsuccessful by the industry. Meanwhile MMOs that cater to hardcore are raking in money.

lordkrall.7241

Right, you must’ve forgot the part where GW2 is considered unsuccessful by the industry. Meanwhile MMOs that cater to hardcore are raking in money.

Ah, nothing to see here people.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Draconus.9786

Draconus.9786

Why do people waste time whining on boards of games they apparently don’t like? I’m not a big fan of the Call of Duty series for example , but you don’t see me visiting those boards to complain endlessly. You don’t like the game or find it boring move on. There are a million other choices. Guild Wars is a great game to me. I will continue playing it regardless of how much others whine.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

OP:
A: Stop the thread here and have it locked
or
B: Bring the sources of those wonderful numbers you magically have available for your eyes only.

Any discussion without those is meaningless. Stop it.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

pkbot.1345

Why do people waste time whining on boards of games they apparently don’t like? I’m not a big fan of the Call of Duty series for example , but you don’t see me visiting those boards to complain endlessly. You don’t like the game or find it boring move on. There are a million other choices. Guild Wars is a great game to me. I will continue playing it regardless of how much others whine.

This is a common thing to say, and it’s logic is put down immensely by the fact that better games advance the industry. So, when a game falls short, especially one that is in a powerful genre like MMORPG, it’s frustrating. All due to bad game design. Diablo 3 is another example of simple game design flaws that could’ve changed the outcome completely.

lordkrall.7241

If you don’t know what you’re talking about it’s better to not say anything. “Server population says High or Full”? Are you kidding me? that’s not a metric at all. I’m talking about server traffic and not just accounts with characters on the server…

Go look at some actual charts and stop making a fool of yourself.

Oh, I was under the impression that said charts did not exist to the public. So please feel free to link them so that I might educate myself.

And the population shown on the server-screen is actually active accounts, not just accounts that have logged into the server once, which is also the reason why the population can change during the course of a day.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

lol please post links where this is being discussed because every website i have visited pretty much say the opposite. You would fit right in over at MMORPG.com where the “hardcore” angry armchair developer’s dwell.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

pkbot: First it is hard to take you seriously with the word “bot” in your name. Maybe that is wrong of me but I can’t help but only see that word while reading your thoughts on GW2.

Second is that a recent interview has contradicted what you are putting forth here. A net is making plenty of money with the system they have set up. Perhaps it doesn’t fit your play style or personal preferences but that doesn’t make it a failure by any means.

“99.99% of the hardcore gaming community left GW2. Did they really think that a few months after getting maxed out we would all still be logging in to do…nothing of value?”
Sounds like an opinion to me. What does hardcore mean anymore? Raiding 40 hours a week? Nothing of value is very subjective by the way.

Which MMO is raking in the money that caters to hardcores?

There seem to be a lot of holes in your very emotional post and responses.

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Due to the amount of misinformation and missing facts as well as a constructive discussion, this discussion is closed.