A complaint/request compilation:

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Linnes.2678

Linnes.2678

So upon asking the question on a board “what would you like to see change with Arena Net?” here are some of the responses:

“If I could, I’d make it so legendaries could not only change stat spreads, but similar weapon types. So if you craft a Meteorlogicus, you would receive the scepter, but it’d be possible to switch it to other magic weapon types, like Meteorlogicus-Staff, or Meteorlogicus-Focus whenever you were out of combat. And doing so would slightly change the shape of the legendary to fit that weapon type.”

“The developer team fired and replaced my people who are actually competent.”

“For the dev team to actually listen to playerbase and not go Full Obama and promise things he can’t keep at launch.”

“Dev team to not automatically remove posts on the forum that even slightly degrade NCsoft, running the forums like an internment camp.”

“endgame other than grinding rifts/shards/whatever? No proper dungeons like in WoW?”

“Break the armor type barrier for wardrobe so you can mix kitten up and be speshul.
A really really really big and hard jumping puzzle with no checkpoints and it’s easy to fall and die with a really good reward. The entrance changes location every 12 hours, it’s a small portal that can appear in any cave or enclosed area in the game, or maybe at the end of any regular jumping puzzle.
Pls Colin”

“I want them to do what they are suppose to do with all those promise AND FIRE ANGEL MCCOY!”

“I want them to fullfill the kittening manifesto and stop making temporary content only. New dungeon every 4-6 weeks pls. You can progress the story with the new dungeon story mode for all I care, I just want new content I can play multiple times and new armor & weapon skin, even if they are just recolors of older sets ie. peacemaker weps in orange or something”

“There should be a set of legendaries that are actually legendary.
Like say, a reward for being the first 10 or 100 or even 1 to complete some really big really hard jumping puzzle or the first team to beat the first raid they introduce, or SOMETHING.
Just something unique ;_;”

“Actual persistent content added?”

“Mounts (either as just means of travel, environmental weapons, whole new combat system, etc.)
Parkour system
Naval battle system
New, permanent story content and dungeons
Weapon proliferation
new weapons (fists for all classes, scythes, polearms)
Seasonal content rotation in the open world
Repeatable story content based on our personal story
Persistent new content
New races
Elona and Cantha
Elder Dragons
Better writing
Devteam that listens and either can tell us what’s possible and not and not make promises it can’t keep
The list goes on. To say the least, this game’s left a lot to be desired.”

“There isn’t enough space in a post to list them.”

This was all added within the first 10 minutes of asking, I think just based off the negative answers in such a short time frame can really reflect upon the game itself. To a new player the game may look great, and may seemingly have endless content, but to players who have devoted a year and a half, it’s been a bumpy and disappointing ride. Yes you’re making right steps towards the future, but these are things that SHOULD HAVE been implemented at launch, as you claimed they would be. THIS is what your players are thinking Arena Net, THIS is what we want to see done. Stop looking through rose-colored glasses at your game and actually take the time to listen to the player base.

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

I understand a lot of these complaints, and they are quite valid, however GW2 is free to play.
I’m sure Anet will get around to adding content, but I believe they’re more concerned with getting the features corrected and working properly.
So, since GW2 is F2P, maybe people should take a break for a while, until Anet has the features on track and starts working on content?
I’m not saying everyone should quit. Far from it. I’m just saying that they won’t be losing out on anything but play time if they decide to take a break and come back later.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Biased Survey. The people enjoying the game are playing the game, not posting on an unknown “board”. Mind posting a link?

Also, these changes will come in due time if the dev team sees fit to add them. If not? Find a different game that caters to your liking.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

THIS is what your players are thinking

Custard
Time travel
Time travelling custard
Not on the list but, based on your topic, just as relevant.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Why the call for Angel to be fired??? Why single her out? She seems so nice, and I can’t imagine her writing would be considered so much worse than any of the other writers’.

Just seems an odd choice.

Linnes.2678

THIS is what your players are thinking

Custard
Time travel
Time travelling custard
Not on the list but, based on your topic, just as relevant.

It was a generalized statement, not all players think this way, but there are a lot that do.

Biased Survey. The people enjoying the game are playing the game, not posting on an unknown “board”. Mind posting a link?

Also, these changes will come in due time if the dev team sees fit to add them. If not? Find a different game that caters to your liking.

I enjoy playing the game, I’ve played it since BW1, since 3-day headstart, etc. I’ve gotten my legendaries, ascended armor, etc. I’m just saying that a lot of players do wish to see the game change for the better. I also honestly hate people who state “well if you don’t like it play another game.” It’s the most simple-minded retort anyone could ever use. Why would I buy the game, play it, and then move to another game just because I dislike certain aspects of it, especially an MMO which requires time and commitment to fully enjoy? No game is perfect, some games just try harder than others to attain goals that their players will enjoy in the longrun (temporary, gated content is not one of them).

The game needs work, especially in the story-telling area. Colin, along with the lead writer himself posted in the Living Story section of the forums that they’re taking in to account players feedback and are really looking to make changes with their writing in the future. Scarlet was a prime example of what not to do in a content-driven game. Explaining missing plotholes outside of the game via Facebook and Twitter? Terrible idea.

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

Linnes.2678

Why the call for Angel to be fired??? Why single her out? She seems so nice, and I can’t imagine her writing would be considered so much worse than any of the other writers’.

Just seems an odd choice.

I think the guys opinion on Angel being singled out is that despite her being a nice person, she was responsible for Scarlet. Scarlet was a terrible character and the plot for the entire 18 months of Scarlet Hell was pretty bad overall. I agree about the writers in general though. The lore is so gutted from the original game I do not even consider GW2 in the same dimension as the original. GW1 had story-telling, deep backstory and rich history about the races, areas, and characters overall that it’s sad to see how little work actually went into story-telling in the game itself. I think that they needed to stick with the original concept of "enter “x” mission in an area, bring your friends if you want, and have actual objectives for you to complete. The personal story currently is basically just a “walk here, view a cutscene, kill some enemies, sometimes pull a lever or fire a cannon, view an ending cutscene.”

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Feedback such as “fire this person” or “get better at writing” are not helpful or useful to us. If you wish to provide constructive criticism and feedback, I strongly recommend reading this thread which details how to give good, constructive feedback that is useful both to the development teams and in discussions here on the forums.

Linnes.2678

Feedback such as “fire this person” or “get better at writing” are not helpful or useful to us. If you wish to provide constructive criticism and feedback, I strongly recommend reading this thread which details how to give good, constructive feedback that is useful both to the development teams and in discussions here on the forums.

Which is why I went into my personal opinions on the matters in below responses to others.

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

What the forum really benefits from is the CDI threads. I can’t know how often you want a gathered and constructive feedback thread but you should put them up more frequently just for different gametypes in the game such as WvW,PvP,PvE,Dungeons,LS and other things. I love those threads.

Linnes.2678

What the forum really benefits from is the CDI threads. I can’t know how often you want a gathered and constructive feedback thread but you should put them up more frequently just for different gametypes in the game such as WvW,PvP,PvE,Dungeons,LS and other things. I love those threads.

I second this, the CDI are great. We actually get to talk directly to the devs themselves instead of the -chance- that they might take a gander at our threads. We can get their personal opinion on the topics and if/how they plan on changing specific issues in the game. Honestly if I was in charge of a dev team I would make it a monthly goal to hold a CDI, LISTEN to the players, gather constructive criticism and then work on the game based on the general consensus.

Posted by: Mara.3629

Mara.3629

I love the game and I do believe if all you are going to do is complain about the game then you should go play elsewhere. I liked the Scarlet story and I know many others who did too. If they turned this game into WOW I would quit playing. If I wanted to play WOW then I would go get the game. Anet can not make everyone happy at the same time. They listen to the requests and find the ones that are brought up the most and then do their best. If you guys think you can do better then go make your own game and see how well you do.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

asking for fire people is really not nice. since we are not in the buisness we dont know what who do and how much she he can actually decide.

The only thing im unhappy with anet is that they gave us a unfinished game at start.

The only thing im Happy with anet is that they fix many many of those unfinished things.

I remember how terrible the first 2 months of this game was and now after the feature patch even more it will become a nice rounded game and im optimistic for the future of gw2

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

I think A-Net should start with serious big stories, like the big stuff happening and changing the world in a significant way (new areas, changed areas, etc). However not all should be destruction.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Dragon awakening. Big enough story for you?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

What about the “hire this person” instead?

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

A logical and solid hypothesis, too bad its for the most part falling on deaf ears.

Have you ever heard of the great man theory? Well in essence it states: “History is simply the autobiography of great men”. In essence all things that occur can be traced to a single person. Now this is not accurate, the theory obviously fell out of favour in recent times (history keeping got better, we able to more easily recognise the people working in the background etc.). But it’s still something that lingers though, we’re still very prone to the cult of personality.

So what am I trying to get at? People tend to put too much emphasis on the influence of individuals, they tend to believe that a single person is to be blamed or praised. Angel is simply that person at the moment, those calling for her to be fired don’t understand that she isn’t working alone, that there are inherent limitation and difficulties in crafting a video game story, that LW is a new concept and that the first season was primarily experimental etc.
Honestly poor Angel, can’t feel all that nice being the focus of so much dislike.

The game needs work, especially in the story-telling area. Colin, along with the lead writer himself posted in the Living Story section of the forums that they’re taking in to account players feedback and are really looking to make changes with their writing in the future.

Just keep in mind, constructive player feedback. Constructive doesn’t mean “A sucks”, constructive is more along the lines of “A sucks because of B”. This is unfortunately something we don’t see a lot of, even OP (which on review is you) basically did the: “This sucks”, “why did you do this”, “you shouldn’t have done that”. Which is complaints, complaints are useful in some ways but constructive feedback is far more important since it provides a solid reasoning for the whys and hows.

As an example: A sucks. So ANet does B. But B also sucks. So ANet does C etc. etc. While all the while if someone had just said A sucks because of this and this. Then ANet would be in a better position to resolve the issue with a desirable solution.

Yeah CDI is nice, firstly a lot of complaining gets bundled together in the CDI and the general mood gets better since players feel like someone is listening to them. And of course it probably helps make the game better too.
Most likely however we’ll only get to see another CDI when ANet starts looking at another feature patch, or something similar. I guess this makes sense, having a CDI every few weeks might desensitise player to the concept, since the speed at which a CDI can be help is a lot quicker than the speed of implementing suggestions.

What about the “hire this person” instead?

Well some issues with that of course namely, how many video game story tellers do you think the average video game players knows? Of the few that might be known (so then mostly big names) what is the viability of getting these people hired, since one would assume that they already have a job if they’re all that great and stuff.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I think the CDI threads are good at seeing what people don’t like about the game, not so good at learning what they like and want kept in it.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

So upon asking the question on a board “what would you like to see change with Arena Net?” here are some of the responses:

This was all added within the first 10 minutes of asking, I think just based off the negative answers in such a short time frame can really reflect upon the game itself. To a new player the game may look great, and may seemingly have endless content, but to players who have devoted a year and a half, it’s been a bumpy and disappointing ride. Yes you’re making right steps towards the future, but these are things that SHOULD HAVE been implemented at launch, as you claimed they would be. THIS is what your players are thinking Arena Net, THIS is what we want to see done. Stop looking through rose-colored glasses at your game and actually take the time to listen to the player base.

So…. you’re saying that its odd to see so many complaints as the answer to a thread/board/whatever about….. asking for complaints?

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

The official MMO feedback form.

Attachments:

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

When did they claim we will have a wardrobe system? Or a megaserver? Or even an account wallet, or guaranted rares from world bosses? Maybe they promised before release free repairs or free respecs? Maybe they promised full-awesome Class Balance?

Also, THIS isn’t what the players are thinking and THIS isn’t what players want to be done.

Hint: CDIs (and other dev response, even the Feature Pack) are clear proof that they ARE listening to their playerbase. They don’t have to read your nonsense though, they respond to constructive feedback.

Maybe it’s not that they wear rose-colored glasses that they don’t respond to some threads (like this one) because they are not created in a constructive way, promote a discussion, offer viable solutions or clearly identify issues, something your post didn’t do at all. It’s just some random rumblings at a random forum posted by random people, who since it’s not the official forum might not even playing Guild Wars 2.

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

You must be a big Obama supporter XD

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

Why did he only focus on those 2 points instead of the entire post as a whole? :/

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Because he’d have no authority to address those other issues, I would wager.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

im for the more perma content to the game and mounts gh .gvg etc

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

Cool, you forgot to add *Crafting Precursor’’ to that list.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

You should make a link to the forums which you’re acquiring your data. I wish to register a complaint as well. This parrot which I purchased from the gemstore not half an hour ago is dead.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

the only thing proven here is that the same persons reiterating the same complaints in here also visit “that other forum”. Tiresome. And demanding people to be fired is a form of disrespect I would rate higher than personal insults and should result in a permanent ban.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

The official MMO feedback form.

i love it

also to the OP.

how the devs can take your post seriously?

you are asking several individuals (which is very small sample)
a general question which can’t really be answered. (just like “have you stopped molesting your mom” kind of question)

you chose to write in this post answers like “i want the dev team fired”… which does not help to your argument at all.

moreover any person who says he want mounts in GW2 is a person whose opinion on the game development is as relevant as an average cab drivers opinion on the latest Oxford dictionary release.

checkpoints on jumping puzzles? why not everybody on his first login will get maxed level character with the endgame gear? ( oh wait we already have it on sPVP…)

although we can sometimes disagree with the forums moderators actions (deleting the topics about cheaters in WWW with no official reply), the fact that this thread remained and even got a comment proves one of your comments wrong.

most of the topics in your post already have an individual discussion threads.
what you could have done, is went over the forums, took the hot topics and conversations, presented them briefely, summarized them (with both for and against points ) with links to the originals.
and made serious request compilation

TLDR:
one mans fun is another hell.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

You must be a big Obama supporter XD

I live further north, in the land of igloos, french fries with gravy and over-apologetic snow people.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: bigdaddytr.5208

bigdaddytr.5208

I only have one complaint and some suggestion. My complaint is being knocked off a ledge but not being able to do so to an enemy npc. In my opinion it should be both or neither.
Suggestion dual weapons for Elementalist/Engineer, being able to switch between ranged weapons and melee would be nice. I know people are going to say as an Elementalist you have the four elements and yes I do but I also only have a ranged or a melee weapon.
The ability to train up one level in armor would also be nice, be it through a series of quests to learn each piece of armor or one quest.
The ability when you have completed the game to reassign your character to another profession resetting every back to zero.

Those suggestions aside the game is great and I like how you are forced to explore the world of Tyria in order to complete the game.

Thank you for putting out a great product.