A critical miss

A critical miss

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Radiobiology.6185

Radiobiology.6185

Hi, so i was playing edge of the mists today and i noticed something critical and immersion breaking that should be fixed right away. I am so disappointed to find something like this in the game, because really it totally destroyed my immersion. At one point i felt like i was in the game, like i was my character, but then i saw this and was reminded this is just a game…….

As you can clearly see, in this first picture there is a green glass window on the airships door in edge of the mists, but on the other picture i look behind the door and the space is empty…. Please Arenenet, this has to be your top priority for next patch, its 100% immersion breaking and needs to be fixed immediately. The green glass should be showed on the back of the door aswell. I hope for a reply soon.

Attachments:

A critical miss

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yes….
The problem is there are many serious posts amounting to pretty much this with different focus of a-retention.

A critical miss

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Oh gods! I was better off not knowing!I was better off not knowing!I was better off not knowing!I was better off not knowing!

YOU’VE RUINED EVERYTHING FOR ME!

Attachments:

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

A critical miss

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

That’s not a window, it is a giant emerald!

A critical miss

Posted by: Radiobiology.6185

Radiobiology.6185

Yes….
The problem is there are many serious posts amounting to pretty much this with different focus of a-retention.

Are you suggesting this thread isnt serious? Let me assure you that this is a very serious thread about a very serious issue. This totally ruined my immersion when i saw it, this needs to be fixed, now.

A critical miss

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

Knowing anet they will likely fix this by removing all windows from the game.

A critical miss

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Are you sure it’s a window and not some kind of a magical monitor?

And nerfing something totally unrelated.

A critical miss

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yes….

Are you suggesting this thread isnt serious? Let me assure you that this is a very serious thread about a very serious issue. This totally ruined my immersion when i saw it, this needs to be fixed, now.

Then I sincerely hope you get the help you need.

A critical miss

cheshader.5081

I like this thread. It seems both white knights and dark knights do not know what to say about it

A critical miss

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

It just looks like ANet didn’t think this through, if you know what I mean…

A critical miss

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

may the front of the door was salvaged. . . .

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

A critical miss

Posted by: ElBuenDavs.3689

ElBuenDavs.3689

is this for real?

Attachments:

A critical miss

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I think it’s also worth noting that the wheel-crank on the front of the door doesn’t actually seem to serve any purpose either, as you think by turning it, it would open the door, but from the sideview of the door, there’s clearly no latching mechanism.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

A critical miss

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Due to unforeseen bugs with doors, we are now removing all doors from the game. We call this patch the NDE (New Door Experience)

You can now unlock the fixed doors for 200gems in the cash shop.

A critical miss

cheshader.5081

Due to unforeseen bugs with doors, we are now removing all doors from the game. We call this patch the NDE (New Door Experience)

You can now unlock the fixed doors for 200gems in the cash shop.

You could just say that doors are too confusing for new players, especially opened doors.

A critical miss

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

I just wanted to let you know that your feedback on this is really appreciated. I understand how this immersion breaking bug is severely detracting from your enjoyment of Guild Wars 2. I assure you, Radiobiology, Bluefox. We have Top Men working on it right now. As always it will be fixed When It’s Ready™.

A critical miss

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

I just wanted to let you know that your feedback on this is really appreciated. I understand how this immersion breaking bug is severely detracting from your enjoyment of Guild Wars 2. I assure you, Radiobiology, Bluefox. We have Top Men working on it right now. As always it will be fixed When It’s Ready™.

PWNT!

A critical miss

Posted by: Uhaen.9876

Uhaen.9876

I assure you, Radiobiology, Bluefox. We have Top Men working on it right now.

Who?

A critical miss

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Are you sure it’s a window and not some kind of a magical monitor?

And nerfing something totally unrelated.

That was hillarious…………………… and likely true!

A critical miss

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Somebody give this man a raise! FINALLY. This issue has been eating at me since I first learned of it.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

A critical miss

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I assure you, Radiobiology, Bluefox. We have Top Men working on it right now.

Who?

Top. Men.

A critical miss

cheshader.5081

I am happy to see how much attention devs pay to this issue and how much efforts they’re gonna put into fixing this extremely important problem.
Exactly what I expected from Anet.

A critical miss

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Seriously? everyone on here is not joking?

A critical miss

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Seriously? everyone on here is not joking?

No one would joke about such serious matter!!

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

A critical miss

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Wait. Wait. Did we just get a drive-by dev in here? I thought these were extinct, like dodo birds and people who think hipsters are cool.

A critical miss

cheshader.5081

Wait. Wait. Did we just get a drive-by dev in here? I thought these were extinct, like dodo birds and people who think hipsters are cool.

I think hipsters are cool.
Now we need dodo itt.

A critical miss

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Too late for me, I’m afraid. Once I saw this game breaking feature in OP’s post (even though I never saw it in game and have no idea where it is) I was forced to rage quit and uninstall the game. I’m moving on to my next game, Forum Wars II. It’s an exciting RPG where you post on the forum of a game you no longer play about issues you personally have never experienced and only know about through other people’s comments. Achievement points are gained on how irrelevant the issue is to you (pretty much all of them on a game you don’t play). Bonus achievement points are given if the posts are based on remarks by a Dev that are misunderstood or are no longer relevant.

A critical miss

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Too late for me, I’m afraid. Once I saw this game breaking feature in OP’s post (even though I never saw it in game and have no idea where it is) I was forced to rage quit and uninstall the game. I’m moving on to my next game, Forum Wars II. It’s an exciting RPG where you post on the forum of a game you no longer play about issues you personally have never experienced and only know about through other people’s comments. Achievement points are gained on how irrelevant the issue is to you (pretty much all of them on a game you don’t play). Bonus achievement points are given if the posts are based on remarks by a Dev that are misunderstood or are no longer relevant.

Yeah, I was enjoying Forum Wars II, until the major forum nerf. Now I can’t find gain any AP due to the fact that most of the forums have been merged in some way. I thought FW2 was Play how I want, now I am forced to scroll through various topics to find what I want to read.

OT. Yeah something like that would seriously mess with my OCD. I don’t know about game breaking, but at least thanks for bringing it up. Hopefully these things do get fixed. It’s amazing how a little detail like that can totally make a huge difference.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

A critical miss

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

don’t bother. I’m in the alpha of it, and it sucks. So far, nothing but actual good threads on how to actual improve the game and understand of time and work it takes for a dev to actual fix something. The game ISN’T what they said it was, and I am sorely disappointed that my money has been wasted.

A critical miss

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

This happened to me in RL.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

A critical miss

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

We have Top Men working on it right now.

And thats the scary thing about it. Everytime the Top Men are “fixing” things they leave a trail of destruction behind them.

A critical miss

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

So let me get this straight: you would put Top Men to work on a minor issue like this (you could have just easily said it was a decorative jewel instead of a window), but wont put them to work to fix legitimate gameplay bugs that have been around since the alphas?

Walking down a slope and dying of falling damage for walking is detracting from my enjoyment of GW2 (which reminds me that it’s just a game after the immersion factor is destroyed).

Using warrior greatsword skill 5 “Rush” on a target and running THROUGH that target and hitting the air behind it is detracting from my enjoyment of GW2 (which reminds me that it’s just a game after the immersion factor is destroyed).

Using warrior rifle burst skill “Kill Shot” on a target fails half the time as the shot goes off in some random direction away from the selected target is detracting from my enjoyment of GW2 (which reminds me that it’s just a game after the immersion factor is destroyed).

Many of your players have connection errors and the only fix seems to be to open up ‘ports’ that will require the purchase of third party software as per the links you provide in your support section for common errors seen here:

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/38813526-Common-Error-Codes

Really, Branden?

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

A critical miss

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m wondering how many people have a malfunctioning sarcasm detector.

At the least I’d say the krewe needs to get back to work developing the Mark II.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

A critical miss

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

anyone noticed that the door can only be closed/opened from the inside?

If you close the door…theres nothing on the outside, no WINDOWS or a door knob…anything

A critical miss

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

So let me get this straight: you would put Top Men to work on a minor issue like this (you could have just easily said it was a decorative jewel instead of a window), but wont put them to work to fix legitimate gameplay bugs that have been around since the alphas?

Walking down a slope and dying of falling damage for walking is detracting from my enjoyment of GW2 (which reminds me that it’s just a game after the immersion factor is destroyed).

Using warrior greatsword skill 5 “Rush” on a target and running THROUGH that target and hitting the air behind it is detracting from my enjoyment of GW2 (which reminds me that it’s just a game after the immersion factor is destroyed).

Using warrior rifle burst skill “Kill Shot” on a target fails half the time as the shot goes off in some random direction away from the selected target is detracting from my enjoyment of GW2 (which reminds me that it’s just a game after the immersion factor is destroyed).

Many of your players have connection errors and the only fix seems to be to open up ‘ports’ that will require the purchase of third party software as per the links you provide in your support section for common errors seen here:

Really, Branden?

uhm, mate? the entire thread, hate to break it to you, is one big joke. even the reply is meant as a joke.

Fix what you have before you build something new

A critical miss

Posted by: Peckhead.9230

Peckhead.9230

Really, Branden?

The Joke
…………. <———— You

woosh

A critical miss

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Dear Anet, while we are on the subject of horrendous game breaking problems I would like to inform you of another that has plagued me since the launch of the game. I have tried to put up with it but I can take it no more.

Almost every time I play the game I come across characters that are simply a waste of space. They do not help me in events and often spam stupid comments in the chat window. Please can you stop them using chat and add in some AI tweaks to how these characters help in events and such. I am getting a bit fed up with them standing there only using one basic attack and nothing else. And that is not the only problem with them. If it wasn’t for these characters I would enjoy the game a whole lot more.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

A critical miss

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

‘Steals top men (why no top women?) and puts them to work fixing the many actual bugs in wvw’

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

A critical miss

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

not a window… its a garment on the door….

there are more serious matter that Anet need to look at the moment then look at garments that look like windows.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

A critical miss

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

Hi, so i was playing edge of the mists today and i noticed something critical and immersion breaking that should be fixed right away. I am so disappointed to find something like this in the game, because really it totally destroyed my immersion. At one point i felt like i was in the game, like i was my character, but then i saw this and was reminded this is just a game…….

As you can clearly see, in this first picture there is a green glass window on the airships door in edge of the mists, but on the other picture i look behind the door and the space is empty…. Please Arenenet, this has to be your top priority for next patch, its 100% immersion breaking and needs to be fixed immediately. The green glass should be showed on the back of the door aswell. I hope for a reply soon.

Who gives a kitten! I hope this post was troll… How do you have time to look at stuff like this man!? GET BACK TO THE CHOPPA!

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

A critical miss

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

They have Top Men working on it.

Top.
Men.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

A critical miss

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

My immersion was not broken because of the window on one side only. It was broken because it is green. No-one uses green windows on airships. No-one.

A critical miss

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

You will always encounter these things in alpha, missing window here, missing game mode, story and features there.
Just wait until they release the game and be patient for once.

sjeeesh.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

A critical miss

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

That “Top Men” sounded really creepy

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

A critical miss

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

That “Top Men” sounded really creepy

Never watched Indiana Jones?

In the context of the movie, it was used to handwave Indy away, that there really was nobody working looking into it and they just shoved the thing in a box in a warehouse.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

A critical miss

Zera Allimatti.2541

Really, Branden?

uhm, mate? the entire thread, hate to break it to you, is one big joke. even the reply is meant as a joke.

Yes, I know, that’s why I included the Top Men in my ‘unsarcastic’ rant. I know it’s hard to detect, but the sarcasm is there, and THAT is the joke in my post: the joke that ArenaNet would get Top Men to work on issues. The joke is that ArenaNet would even consider to fix things that have been broken since the alphas. Take real in-game issues, and assign fictional teams to fix them. That was the joke.

A critical miss

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

Really, Branden?

Yes, I know, that’s why I included the Top Men in my ‘unsarcastic’ rant. I know it’s hard to detect, but the sarcasm is there, and THAT is the joke in my post: the joke that ArenaNet would get Top Men to work on issues. The joke is that ArenaNet would even consider to fix things that have been broken since the alphas. Take real in-game issues, and assign fictional teams to fix them. That was the joke.

are you done with your daily whining quest? Here’s 10ap for you.

A critical miss

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

My God those are some good eyes. I never, ever even noticed that before and I went by that door so many times. Nice.

Are you Shpongled?

A critical miss

Zera Allimatti.2541

Really, Branden?

are you done with your daily whining quest? Here’s 10ap for you.

Nope, I can do this all day.

A critical miss

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Until such time as this gets fixed, I will hang my Shiverpeak Shield over the backside of the door to conceal the fact that there is no portal. This should prevent any further shocks to… what? OMG! My shield! The feathers disappear when I look at it from the inside!

My immersion! Oh, the humanity!

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist