A good death?

A good death?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

During the last Tequatl event, after defending the east battery I got on the jumping pad to head back for the next burn and as I took off, a Plague Champ exploded it’s poison somewhere nearby and as I rose up into the air, it removed the last of my health and I fell dead from high in the sky.

Now I’m not a big fan of the range of that damage, but I gotta admit it was a cool way to die.

Any other good death stories?

A good death?

Posted by: ZoSo.4867

ZoSo.4867

Well I usually never go to Dry Top but I decided to head there this week and during a sand storm and fighting some skritt I used the Acid Bomb ability on my engineer and did not realize I was standing by a ledge the whole time. I went flying off and expected to hit the floor but instead I flew quite a distance away and fell into a hold in the ground and began falling further until I finally hit the ground in the cave next to some Inquest and died on impact, they didn’t seem too phased by it.

A good death?

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I got scorpion wired off a tower in WvW but instead I flew up high in the air and then fell to my death with fall damage

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

A good death?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

In the original HoT stress test, you could glide from the offset.

In the HoT beta, I forgot you had to unlock it first….

A good death?

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

Just a few days ago I was in WvW with my Guardian. After knocking a door down and charging in, I was hit by a teleport and it put me back into the doorway where I fell through the ground and continued falling into light blue oblivion for 15-20 seconds before smacking dead into more blue nothingness. It was pretty, but really put a damper on my ability to smash faces like I was planning on doing

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

A good death?

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

I guess on the opposite side of the spectrum, I’ve caused some pretty cool deaths. lol. Luring people to very high and obscure places and then punting them off the edge with Banish is ridiculously fun.

I’ve knocked people off of cliffs and they land on a small ledge with nowhere else to go. They have no choice but to jump or waypoint. (most jump due to being in combat and not being able to waypoint)

Almost as much fun as the good ‘ol days in WoW and Mind Controlling people and running them off the edge. Altar of Storms was a blast! (I think that’s what the battleground was called. Lots of purple and nothing but oblivion once they are off the edge.

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

A good death?

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

One day in the WvW borderlands, I was playing Guardian and the group I was with ended up getting cornered into one of the northern towers along the cliff. We defended it against the enemy attack, but eventually the enemy zerg broke through the gate and charged in. We were all stacked on one of the platforms, and the first attack to hit us was a “Gust” from an enemy elementalist. It was a matter of bad timing. I had just activated my greatsword leap attack, and the gust of wind hit me in mid-air, sending me over the wall and off the cliff.

(x__x)

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

A good death?

Posted by: Ignigknawt.7869

Ignigknawt.7869

Once when I was doing a pug run of the Thaumanova fractal, and as we were running to the center to clear the mobs a portal spawned and tried to pull me over the gap. Only instead it launched me way up in the air and I died upon impact. I then had to convince the other party members that it wasn’t an agony-related death, because I guess they didn’t see me fly up into the air >.>

“Many times I’ve wondered…how much there is to know.”

A good death?

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

One of the my best deaths was I walked to Bay gate in WvW from home WP with 2 others thru all sorts of hectic. We made it to the gate and then promptly died. It was over 2 and a half years ago and I recorded part of it. Sorry for the bad quality but here it is.

Certified Gameaholic

A good death?

Posted by: Mugiwara Zoro.9240

Mugiwara Zoro.9240

I ran down a ramp in SE dungeon took fall damage and died…

A good death?

Posted by: BeckaPL.2670

BeckaPL.2670

My best death was when I was trying to jump onto a small hill, I’m guessing I got hit by some sort of fall damage bug cause when I fell down again (at the height of a normal jump) I just ended up dead. Checked my combat log, took no damage, didn’t go downed state, just one-shot by a small hill

A good death?

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I actually crashed in to Teqatl in the air at one point when jumping and i died from it. I did not expect for this to happen and not sure it is even suppose to happen like that or if it was bugged, but i was full health when jumping, then slamming right in to Teq in mid air and dropped dead there at the spot and falling down. Was a big wtf did just happen-moment

A good death?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I was with a Zerg in PvE that encountered the fall damage bug. We were following a commander tag in one of the Scarlet Defense events. When running to the next event the commander leaped off a small (about character height) cliff. The whole Zerg followed and everyone immediately died when they hit the ground.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

A good death?

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Did something really stupid: in skyhammer an ele mist formed in downed state on a glass thing. Tried to stomp but glass breaks, killing us both. He took me down with him, nice

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

A good death?

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

I was roaming around in EotM on my Engineer and this thief backstabbed me and downed me.

He was about to finish me off, but then I exploded (downed #3) and he went soaring off of the cliff to his death.

…Then his friend came and beat me up.

Was pretty funny.

A good death?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

The best one I can think of (and I’m pretty sure this has happened to a lot of people) is being punted around like a soccer ball by four our five Teragriffs in Silverwastes.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

A good death?

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

pushed myself over a cliff with “phase retreat”. totally deserved that death. (I was and am still a noob when it comes to mesmer.)

and: accidently managed to get stuck in a mountain…I couldn’t move or attack the creature (I think it was a grub), but that thing was perfectly able to reach me and kill me.

A good death?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I was defending a fort during foothold (I think it was indigo) with a really small group of people, and we were doing fairly good, very close to the 4th level of defenses, when one of those “attack events” suddenly spiked with a bunch of mordrems attacking the gate where I was fighting.

I began to wonder why it became suddenly so hard, when I noticed the guy on the burning oil defense was gone. I was using my PvE build engie, somewhat tanky but with barely any condi removal tool (because PvE), so with half my life and a ton of poison on me i decided to go upstairs to use the kitten oil and save the door.

I got into the siege machine and began to desperately put pools in the area, and with some luck I did defeat a big bunch of teragrifs, menders and bashers, and I thank “well, we are saved!”. Then I noticed I was still poisoned, and with barely a fifth of life on me.

There were 5 tendrils around the machine, and when I fought them, I got downed. Then followed a long and very stupid cycle of killing a tendril, rallying up, going downed again by the condis, repeat, all while the attack were closing to the end.

In the end I was downed, about to kill the last tendril when the timer finalized, and the plant just dissapeared. With a rally I could have make it alive, but without it, I was going to die for sure because the condis. There were no one close by to help, no one to cheer for the success on defending the fort.

I looked into the desert and died alone. It felt so epic and stupid. It was great.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

A good death?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This pretty much happens every time I face Teq, but it only ever seems to happen to me…

After the burn phase, teq goes immune, then jumps into the air, splashes down (making a shockwave) and then takes a few more running hops before taking flight.

I always avoid the shockwave, but somehow, every single time, I run right under him as he does one of his pre-flight hops. If he steps on you, you die instantly.

Every single time… I’m pretty sure he aims for me.