A little praise to GW2 and Anet.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Szitler.4802

Szitler.4802

Hi,

Dont often post stuff like this but got a little bit of spare time after work so thought id put my input out there….

Im just praising this game and Arena Net on how well they have done.

Over the years ive played a few of the “better” MMO’s including:

Runescape (in the good old days when i was a teen)
Aion
RIFT (still play)
SWTOR
LOTRO
TERA Online

And a few other ones that have slipped my mind..

I also played all the GW1 games which were absolutely fantastic..

But, this game has opened up a new era for MMORPG’s in my opinion, everytime i log on, i know theres something waiting for me to do be a it a dynamic event, run a dungeon, go for gear, weapons, levelling accounts, messing around with builds etc…

ALL of the above games were your typical MMO’s with the “go and kill x” quests and therefore i never actually maxxed out any chars on them games. Of course they had their good points though…

The huge community of runescape back in 2006, The amazing graphics of RIFT and TERA combined with a MULTITUDE of professions, and the huge maps of Aion and the appeal it had…

But, i think Anet have achieved something great with this game, it gets slated for this, that and the other but if you look at it, it actually has everything the all the above games had… in one.

I have never tired of playing this game and i know with the constant updates (some good, some bad) that i wont stop either unlike with the other grindfests…

I could say much more but wanted to keep this brief as i need to grab a beer and chill out, but THANKYOU Anet for making my nights after work that little bit more enjoyable.

Cheers

Posted by: Coin Flunk.3024

Coin Flunk.3024

Defo!!! Post of the day goes to you sir!

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

T.J. Kim send his regards and thanks for the words.

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I’ve done plenty of praising. Seeing the same bugs and broken events in the game, four months after release, demands criticism now.

Szitler.4802

it doesnt matter which forum ive been on out of all these games, there is always criticism… You honestly think Anet can develop every single thing every player suggests? Fair enough some things are buggy…. The point i am making is that GW2 has combined all the great stuff from previous MMO’s and made it better…

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I agree with OP! props to Anet for making a fantastic game!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

I’ve done plenty of praising. Seeing the same bugs and broken events in the game, four months after release, demands criticism now.

Perhaps, but the game still gets way more things right than wrong.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Perhaps, but the game still gets way more things right than wrong.

Here’s to that! Cheers!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Szitler.4802

It just dominates on all scales of MMORPG’s at the moment… who needs this thing called WoW?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

It just dominates on all scales of MMORPG’s at the moment… who needs this thing called WoW?

Apparently more than 10 million people.

Like or dislike GW2, but it certainly isn’t dominating anything.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Szitler.4802

im not getting into the wow vs GW debate, but 10 million people dont play WoW at the same time…

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

As annoying as some of the constant bugs are, I’m having a blast and can’t wait for the patch to download!

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

im not getting into the wow vs GW debate, but 10 million people dont play WoW at the same time…

So you are getting into it.

Listen, I don’t play WoW but apparently their subs rose over 10 million gain after the last expansion. So at the same time or not, they are paying customers.

GW2 has servers that are all heavy or full but a lot of servers are dying at the same time. That’s just bs’ing players.

Nobody knows how much of the population has left. I am sure that of the 3 million copies of this game sold a big chunk has left. Especially since most of those sales were made in the first month. It happens to all MMOs.

I never liked WoW but it’s the biggest MMO out there still. I gotta give em that. So I don’t see how you feel you need to defend such a pointless remark that GW2 is dominating or something. It just isn’t. It has done well for itself and time will tell if they can keep more players than lose but it ain’t near WoW proportions.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Szitler.4802

“It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.”

Each to their own.

enjoy your gaming.

Posted by: Oceanhawk.7182

Oceanhawk.7182

Unfortunately I don’t like GW2 as much as I did yesterday. The patch is filled with nonsensical changes, Daily’s anyone? Dungeon respawn changes, awarding a new currency for achievements but not giving credit for the ones already earned…I could go on. Whomever decided the patch needed all this craptastic stuff needs to be slapped in the face with a halibut.