A more interesting cash shop please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Novalitus.7382

Novalitus.7382

It’s not often I have to make a topic like this one on a publisher’s site.

In a game I always try to look original, expressing myself through costumes and mixing armors etc.

What I noticed with GW2, the ’’costumes’’ for sale in the cash shop look absolutely horrible. I mean like really bad. Like they don’t even look like part of the game or something.

For a B2P game I expected a Gem Store full of interesting things (not p2w!). But a lot of costumes, weapon skins, facial costumes, awesome back costumes, wings, capes, jewelry! All sort of things to enhance an avatar’s look. But I find only a few ugly costumes right now.

Are there plans to release more costumes soon?
In the ’’outfit’’ menu through the hero panel I see a few costumes that are NOT in the gem store yet. Those are looking much MUCH better. Why are those not being released??

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

The outfits you see in your wardrobe that aren’t available in the gem shop were in fact available before. Anything that has an entry slot in the wardrobe was.

Some outfits are, weapon skins, armor skins, and mini pets are only available for a limited time. Some are tied to special events, for example, the Witches outfit is a Halloween outfit. And Halloween is coming next month so some of those outfits we can’t get right now may be available again soon, and possibly more.

My one gripe about the gem shop is that they don’t keep most of the stuff they release available at all times. If you don’t have the money to buy gems when it’s available all you can do is hope you’ll be able to buy some gems if they make it available again later. There have been mini pets I wanted from the gem shop since I’ve been playing but wasn’t able to buy gems at the time they were available, and so far at least some of them haven’t been released again and it’s been months (mini piglet, mini jaguar cub, mini jungle wurms 3 pack, etc.)

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Novalitus.7382

Novalitus.7382

yea they run the cash shop as if GW2 were a F2P game but it’s not.
They should have all cash shop content out at all times to maximize their profits.

Posted by: Dying Infinity.4805

Dying Infinity.4805

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, all the outfits in the hero panel are already in the game – they come back for sale periodically. However I do agree it will be nice if we could buy the outfits year round.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

They should have all cash shop content out at all times to maximize their profits.

I am pretty sure they know what they are doing. The BLTC team has one of the most experienced people in the monetization department.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I am pretty sure they know what they are doing. The BLTC team has one of the most experienced people in the monetization department.

This.

Just because you don’t like it and it’s not how you would do things, doesn’t mean it’s not working as intended.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Actually making things available for a limited time can increase their profits because then people who are not completely sure about buying it are likely to go for it while they have the chance, whereas if it’s available at all times they can carry on debating and may never buy it.

It also means some people are more likely to spend real money because they worry they won’t have time to save up gold to exchange for gems (especially because new/returning items tends to make the exchange rate jump).

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”