A new condition, opposite of resistance

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

How would you think it’ll affect the game if we had a new condition that’s I think would be the opposite of resistance that’ll prevent all buffs from working?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

no more stability, protection, regen, retaliation, fury & might

lolz…. you would be destroyed if you are glass depending on boons to stay alive… well you might be, at least at some bosses, maybe in PvE… Well tbh… no actual probelms there…. except no DPS buffs making kills 25-40% slower (depends on PS-EA and chrono?) for the duration of the condition.
But… I rarely see any enemies with boons… except in certain fractals.. (say 40-50 and 80-90?) so why would I use it myself in PvE?

But in WvW I can see a dedicated necro-epidemic army destroying all boons when enemies are starting the push in this way, not removing/corrupting 1 condition at a time but just negating everything AoE… It would be -ownage on a rediculous level-… instaGIB for a zerg… Enemy ppl stack might, revs, facet of nature regen and fury, stability up and have full boonnegation: SPLUT! Bye zerg….

Cause of a dozen necro’s on the otherside, add some Null field Mesmers and the carnage would be complete… the melee group of the defence would be able to perma CC the group and stomp all….. even if it would only be seconds…

Destroying all boons even temporary would be so OP… in WvW….

I was thinking and what about a dedicated combo? AOE boon negation, blast,blast,blaast,blast….?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

have you ever player wvw?

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

have you ever player wvw?

I have, that’s where I spend most of my time, it was more of just a hypothetical question, not a real suggestion.

I was thinking pretty similarly to PaxTheGreat, I just wanted to see what other people thought also

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

We don’t need such nonsense.. like to copy all kinds of boons and make conditions out of them… This game has in my opinion already way too much Conditions.
Every boon and condition added to the game is for this game a Performance Eater due to the Stacking and the tons of calculations the systems need to make constantly for every single ticking condition stack every signle second

What this game needs instead is some proper balancing of the Conditions we have right now, some Boon and Condition reduction also if possible by merging Boons and Conditions where possible and accordign to these changes finally some proper rebalancing to the Base Health of all Classes to let the Health Values finally fit for the kind of much higher general DPS that everything deals now compared to the general Max DPS we were able to deal at 2012 when the Game release, where the Base Health Values were balanced around the fact, that all Classes were able to deal alot lesser Max DPS.

The Attribute System needs finally a serious overwork and should get merged where it fits to create soem free space for some better new defensive Attributes which can actually help to ENRICH the combat system of GW2 and make battls more fun, while actually also providing a better sense of Character Progression and making the attributes in themself more meaningful by giving them all DUAL EFFECTS.

Boons that could get merged:

Stability + Resistance = Resistance
Quickness + Swiftness = Quickness
Remove Super Speed, buff Swiftness to 50% and reduce accordingly the Durations by a few seconds
Protection + Aegis = Protection (First Attack blocked, then for the rest of the duration reduced damage)
Regeneration + Vigor = Regeneration

This way we would have:
Might
Fury
Protection
Regeneration
Retaliation
Quickness
Resistance

7 Boons are more than enough, now lets do the same for Conditions

Conditions that should get merged:

Blind + Weakness = Blindness (letting it work again more like GW1s Blindness 75% rate not to hit targets, Auto Block Effects won’t work while being blinded.
Immobilized + Chilled = Freeze (reduces Movement Speed and Skill Cooldown, completely stops movement, if stacks reach maximum of 10 Stacks)
Poison + Vulnerability = Poison (Damages per second, reduces Healing Potency by 20% and increases received damage pr stack by 1%
Cripple + Slow = Slow
Bleeding + Torment = Bleeding (or simple said, remove Torment, because its always a halfway Bleeding, just punishes Positioning what Bleedign currently doesnt)
Confusion + Taunt = Confusion (instead of taunt on you, taunt on nearest enemy ally, a confused enemy attacks its nearest ally and receives damage over time)

Fear gets removed as Soft Condition and turned into a Hard CC, Daze gets removed because its practically just Stun 2.0, theres no sense to have 2x exactly the same Hard CC
Under these changes, following Conditions stay:

Bleeding
Burning
Blindness
Poison
Slow
Freeze
Confusion

Conversion Scheme

Quickness < = > Slow
Fury < = > Blindness
Regeneration < = > Poison
Might < = > Burning
Protection < = > Freeze
Resistance < = > Confusion
Retaliation < = > Bleeding
——

Attribute Changes

Power = Increases Damage and Condition Durations now (merged with Expertise)
Toughness = Decreases Damage and Reduces incoming Condition Durations
Vitality = Increases stronger than before Maximum Health and improves Healing Efficiency for incoming and outgoing Heals (merged with Healing Power)
Precision = Increases Critical Hit Rate and Critical Bonus Damage (merged with Ferocity)
Agility = Increases Endurance Regeneration and Decreases Chance of Incoming Critical Hits
Courage = Increases Duration of your Hard CC Effects and increases your Boon Durations (merged with Concetration)

More than these 6 Dual Effect Attributes are not needed and absolutely easier to balance, than the current 9 we have.
No split anymore between Direct Damage and Condition Damage, Conditions don’t ignore Defense anymore!
If seriously that damage splitting should stay, then add:

Concentration Increases Condition Damage and decreases Durations of incoming Hard CCs
—-

Health Balancing:

Remove this not fittign “by class type health balancing” and change over finally to an individual Class Balancing, which balances for every single Class individually its Base Health Values, this way becomes base Health a much more important and easier tzo balance factor in the whole class balancing that can be taken easier into consideration for making adjustments there also too, without that these adjustments directly would affect also two other classes!!!

There should be no Class anymore in general with only a cheap low Base Health Value of 11k. The absolute lowest Base Health should get raised to at least 13k, if not even 15k just to make this combat system of GW2 again more fun, so that battles will take a bit longer, than just 2-3 seconds of spamming skills.
Battles are only fun, when they last also a while, so that you clearly can say that you had effectively a battle…. no duels in history ever were won in like 2-3 seconds…
—-

I think these changes will do the game balance for GW2 in its future alot better, than adding an opposite effect of Resistance would ever do..

Something like whsat the OP suggest, would make the whole combat system only much more boring, plain chaotic and in absolute NO WAY anymore enjoyable and fun at all.

These kind of balance changes I suggest here has Anet ignored to look at since Game release now for too long.
Wouldn’ they have ignored these kind of important balance factors all the time, then wouldn’t look my proposal here now like a huge game changer, but in fact would be a much smaller thing to change most likely, but if you naturally make permanently changes always only around skill effects, traits and rarely on upgrades, then it is naturally no miracle, when all the other things that need balancing in the meantime grow bigger and bigger over time, until adjusting and balancing them someday looks like a huge task to do …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

Remove Super Speed, buff Swiftness to 50% and reduce accordingly the Durations by a few seconds
Protection + Aegis = Protection (First Attack blocked, then for the rest of the duration reduced damage)

This way we would have:
Might
Fury
Protection
Regeneration
Retaliation
Quickness
Resistance

Blind + Weakness = Blindness (letting it work again more like GW1s Blindness 75% rate not to hit targets, Auto Block Effects won’t work while being blinded.
Immobilized + Chilled = Freeze (reduces Movement Speed and Skill Cooldown, completely stops movement, if stacks reach maximum of 10 Stacks)
Poison + Vulnerability = Poison (Damages per second, reduces Healing Potency by 20% and increases received damage pr stack by 1%
Cripple + Slow = Slow
Bleeding + Torment = Bleeding (or simple said, remove Torment, because its always a halfway Bleeding, just punishes Positioning what Bleedign currently doesnt)
Confusion + Taunt = Confusion (instead of taunt on you, taunt on nearest enemy ally, a confused enemy attacks its nearest ally and receives damage over time)

Fear gets removed as Soft Condition and turned into a Hard CC, Daze gets removed because its practically just Stun 2.0, theres no sense to have 2x exactly the same Hard CC

Bleeding
Burning
Blindness
Poison
Slow
Freeze
Confusion

I think you have a good concept with the boon and Condi merging but I don’t think it needs to have this drastic of a change because we all use to the current layout.

:you cant merge stab and resistance because it don’t give daze and stun protection.

:combining regen and vigor seems ok if the vigor endurance gain reduced to combat increased uptime

:I would say merging superspeed and quickness would be better

: I would have cripple stack to 5 and turn into immobilise when at 5 stacks

: be better to merge weakness with poison IMO get rid of the fumble on weakness and just keep endurance regen reduction and maybe up poison heal reduction to 50%

: change chill to just the skill cd reduction and give it the fumble from weakness

: merging confusion and taunt also not great better off just getting rid of taunt and swapping confusions DPS ticker to damage 5 allies in an area around the confused foe instead of the target itself if you wanted the ally damage part making confused foes dangerous to stand near.

just some ideas maybe you should create your own thread on the subject because the amount of condis and boons in the game makes name bars a pain to read when overloaded with boons and condis the system could do we some better streamlining

Death Good

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I played WvW? No not really… at least not lately.

I used to be officer in a SFR WvW guild ~2 yrs back though, but I moved to AG with my WvW guild, then a group split off and I was asked to be co leader in a freshly started PvX/WvW guild whcih I’m still…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Squishy.3694

Squishy.3694

This asks the all important questions then – if new condition “Condition X” (the one that blocks boons) is, well, a condition and Resistance is a boon, what happens when the target has both?
My bet is that Dhuum comes and smites them for breaking game mechanics :>

Quaggan finds your post inaccurate, wrong, misinformed, smelly and not as
good as Quaggan. Quaggan for President!

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Yes please…more BS they can’t properly handle and balance. That’s what the game needs at this very moment.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

More logical just to see the overpowered builds which stack permanent boons nerfed (Scrapper/Ele in particular) which massively inflate their stats via boon access nerfs themselves versus means of preventing boon building which affects all classes substantially.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

We don’t need such nonsense.. like to copy all kinds of boons and make conditions out of them… This game has in my opinion already way too much Conditions.
Every boon and condition added to the game is for this game a Performance Eater due to the Stacking and the tons of calculations the systems need to make constantly for every single ticking condition stack every signle second

What this game needs instead is some proper balancing of the Conditions we have right now, some Boon and Condition reduction also if possible by merging Boons and Conditions where possible and accordign to these changes finally some proper rebalancing to the Base Health of all Classes to let the Health Values finally fit for the kind of much higher general DPS that everything deals now compared to the general Max DPS we were able to deal at 2012 when the Game release, where the Base Health Values were balanced around the fact, that all Classes were able to deal alot lesser Max DPS.

The Attribute System needs finally a serious overwork and should get merged where it fits to create soem free space for some better new defensive Attributes which can actually help to ENRICH the combat system of GW2 and make battls more fun, while actually also providing a better sense of Character Progression and making the attributes in themself more meaningful by giving them all DUAL EFFECTS.

This way we would have:
Might
Fury
Protection
Regeneration
Retaliation
Quickness
Resistance

Cripple + Slow = Slow

Bleeding
Burning
Blindness
Poison
Slow
Freeze
Confusion

Conversion Scheme

Quickness < = > Slow
Fury < = > Blindness
Regeneration < = > Poison
Might < = > Burning
Protection < = > Freeze
Resistance < = > Confusion
Retaliation < = > Bleeding
——

Attribute Changes

Power = Increases Damage and Condition Durations now (merged with Expertise)
Toughness = Decreases Damage and Reduces incoming Condition Durations
Vitality = Increases stronger than before Maximum Health and improves Healing Efficiency for incoming and outgoing Heals (merged with Healing Power)
Precision = Increases Critical Hit Rate and Critical Bonus Damage (merged with Ferocity)
Agility = Increases Endurance Regeneration and Decreases Chance of Incoming Critical Hits
Courage = Increases Duration of your Hard CC Effects and increases your Boon Durations (merged with Concetration)

More than these 6 Dual Effect Attributes are not needed and absolutely easier to balance, than the current 9 we have.
No split anymore between Direct Damage and Condition Damage, Conditions don’t ignore Defense anymore!
If seriously that damage splitting should stay, then add:

Concentration Increases Condition Damage and decreases Durations of incoming Hard CCs
—-

Health Balancing:

Remove this not fittign “by class type health balancing” and change over finally to an individual Class Balancing, which balances for every single Class individually its Base Health Values, this way becomes base Health a much more important and easier tzo balance factor in the whole class balancing that can be taken easier into consideration for making adjustments there also too, without that these adjustments directly would affect also two other classes!!!

There should be no Class anymore in general with only a cheap low Base Health Value of 11k. The absolute lowest Base Health should get raised to at least 13k, if not even 15k just to make this combat system of GW2 again more fun, so that battles will take a bit longer, than just 2-3 seconds of spamming skills.
Battles are only fun, when they last also a while, so that you clearly can say that you had effectively a battle…. no duels in history ever were won in like 2-3 seconds…
—-

I think these changes will do the game balance for GW2 in its future alot better, than adding an opposite effect of Resistance would ever do..

Something like whsat the OP suggest, would make the whole combat system only much more boring, plain chaotic and in absolute NO WAY anymore enjoyable and fun at all.

These kind of balance changes I suggest here has Anet ignored to look at since Game release now for too long.
Wouldn’ they have ignored these kind of important balance factors all the time, then wouldn’t look my proposal here now like a huge game changer, but in fact would be a much smaller thing to change most likely, but if you naturally make permanently changes always only around skill effects, traits and rarely on upgrades, then it is naturally no miracle, when all the other things that need balancing in the meantime grow bigger and bigger over time, until adjusting and balancing them someday looks like a huge task to do …

Kills every extra damage per boon on you trait instantly, or any such trait that depends on number of boons/conditions on you/foe for reduced/extra damage.

NO.

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I basically suggested this already as a new class mechanic for a alchemy related engineer elite spec. The theme was that the engineer creates a gas field around himself, applying a debuff to enemies which will negate their boons.

I thought about it a bit and have to say: If there is going to be something like this in the game, it shouldn’t be a condition. There are some reasons for this. It is much easier to control it’s uptime if it’s not a condi, since it wouldn’t be affected by condition duration. Second: we avoid the dilemma of the question what is going to happen if the enemy has both: resistance and the new condi. One is a condi negating boon, the other a boon negating condi. So what’s going to happen? If it’s not a condi, it’s clear resistance won’t have an effect.