A nice slice of positive feedback!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: iBearXST.3710

iBearXST.3710

Good evening one and all.

I just thought I’d spend a few minutes, as a new player to express my thoughts thus far.
I realise GW2 has been out for almost 5 years. I am completely new to the game. Been playing for around a week on and off (casual player, spend a couple of hours per day if I can).

I regret not playing GW2 sooner. A few years ago, I was your typical WoW player, spending 3-4 hours per day in-between college etc. Not really enjoying the game, but because I’m paying per month, I feel guilty if I don’t put in multiple hours per day.

Fast forward a few years, at the age of 30, I am tired of WoW. I’d actually not been playing any MMORPG for a few years really. Downloaded the game on a new expansion, then left again within a few days.

I downloaded GW2 (free) about a week ago. I’ve since purchased HoT and a few gems.
Juggling the game between work and IRL commitments, I feel the balance is pretty much spot on. I can log in and make some progress, then if I need, log out without feeling any negativity.

I guess the point of this post is to express my appreciation for this game. Whilst is is F2P, aside from HoT, I will definitely be purchasing gems regularly to support the (hopefully) on-going development of this title!

Good job to all involved. Just a shame I hadn’t jumped on board earlier!

(edited by iBearXST.3710)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Welcome to Tyria, and best of luck!

Posted by: malachi.7503

malachi.7503

right there with ya man. I quit Wow way back when burning cursade was released. I revisited a few times because friends insisted I “come see it now”, but I never got in to it after the vanilla experience.
fast forward to 2 years ago i came across GW2 and checked it out, fell in love with it almost instantly. Bought HoT and have enjoyed it completely. No more feeling like I have to play because I payed every month, No more mandatory rebuys of content to be able to enjoy the game further, No more surprise transactions to bleed my wallet.
I did leave for a year, so many games so little time as it were. Yet guiild wars title has always been on my games list.
Still happy I bought it.

No Retreat No Surrender

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I tell ya, once you experience GW2 in full, it’ll be hard to go back to anything but the most polished MMOs, and even then, GW2 makes a great “second game”. Get bored of it, just wait for a content release and reconnect.
Or show up for the dailies+more. That’s generally where I sit nowadays. For some reason, GW2’s dailies are more compelling than WoW’s have been, probably for a general lack of annoyance and a pull toward things I don’t do often.

And don’t be afraid to ask questions! We’ve got what is probably the most helpful community in MMOs.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

OP, I’m glad you’re enjoying the game. I completely agree about F2P. I used to play WoW a lot also but I can’t go back for a “visit” because of the subscription model.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol