A players 2 cents

A players 2 cents

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BetterHappy.2517

BetterHappy.2517

Hello to hopefully a dev, not a QA tester but someone who can actually fix things. Cause as far as I’m concerned I’m not even sure Anet uses QA, cause there is a ridiculously high lack of quality well after a year into the game. If you can see where this is going I’m pretty miffed at the current state of the game and all this hype over the Feature Patch

This patch includes most of the stuff that should have come ages ago. Anet is notorious to play things off as working as intended, it’s like the Dota2 developers came over n started making GW2 or something. If you can’t be bothered to fix simple tooltips, why should I bother loggin on? The simplest of issues have plagued GW since release, and sure a lot of them have been fixed and some cool content has come out, but the Anet solution to keeping the game alive is put more crap in the gem store. And for the players not keen enough to realize it, the living story is in large part a way for Anet to release more items in the gem store that coincide with it, in case you all missed did notice. Sure the content lines up with the story line of Tyria but I’d enjoy the game a lot more if you all would stop pushing crap from the gem store and work on a game worth playing.

Lets take League of Legends for example. This game has a much larger community than GW2 and there are some simple reasons as to why: free to play, simple, and constant updates. Now I’ll admit the only reason I purchased GW2 was because there wasn’t a subscription fee, I’d go back to console if I wanted that. And hey another thing GW2 did pretty well, the combat is pretty good and simple, there isn’t a hud taking up half my screen of icons to skills I don’t use. Constant updates, yeah that doesn’t mean the gem store… I played LoL in beta, it was so bad back then it wasn’t even funny. It looked bad and the combat was so unbalanced it wasn’t even funny. But it’s now the single largest game in the world. Wonder why. Because they made the GAME worth playing, not the F’in skins worth buying. If you dress up a kitten with gem store items it’s just a shinny kitten . You all should really do yourselves a favor and not kitten the bed after this Feature Patch, please.

I really like most of GW to be honest. I like that you can style your character with stuff from the gem store, I really like the combat (for the most part), and I’ve meet a lot of people that make the game worth playing with. But some major changes need to occur or this game will keep dying. Like Spvp, it’s a joke more than half of my S(Y)olo que games are 4v5’s which happen to not be in my favor, and hardly anyone wants to bother playing it cause the balance team doesn’t have a F’in clue half the time. Do we need to talk about how many teams not players TEAMS spvp lost during the Dhumfire patch? And again sure things are getting better but it’s well over a year into the game, Anet… get your act together. I’m not sure what you all are doing, drawing in coloring books maybe, but I have a hard time believing it’s working on the game. If you don’t make the Spvp worth playing you wont have a player base. If you don’t have a player base then you have no teams to compete. If there is no competition your games dies, no sponsors, no live streams, nothing, people more on to something worth playing. #doyouevenesportsAnet . And also, why isn’t there a 2v2/3v3 Arena? Is it because we want it and you all only want to produce things we don’t need? Cause it’s not to focus on perfecting conquest. Like I said you actually have to get community involvement and constantly update the game for that to happen. When LoL started really growing it had weekly patches, and they would record a patch video to show players where the game should be heading. What does Anet do? More gem store crap and Dhumfire. There was so much hype for GW2 pvp when it came out there were pvp players trying to pick up the game from multiple genres, but instead of making an effort to hold on to all these players giving GW2 a chance you just acted like the game was great and working as intended.

So now the game is filled with what’s left after a year of we plan to get around to it fixes and overall a lack of progress from the GW2 Dev team. Sure you can make cool stuff, I love a lot of the gem store items, everyone loves to look like a bad kitten . But all that stuff stops being cool for me when the game isn’t worth playing. The what’s left of spvp quite frankly is people who dodge que, and the what’s left of that want to play decap endi, or pet farm builds like spirit ranger and minion mancer necro.

A players 2 cents

BetterHappy.2517

Can you all please just chill out with the gem store and make the game great? If you make the game good enough people will want to buy items from the gem store to make the characters they love to play look cool. Another thing LoL did btw…

I’m going to hold my breath on this Feature patch, and I sincerely hope this isn’t the last decent patch in a year. This big patch doesn’t mean you all get to take a break for a couple of months. This is your chance to save the game honestly, even if you don’t patch something weekly, if it’s just bug fixes and letting us know the direction of the game then do it. Don’t just idle, games die in idle and i actually like the combat of GW2 and would like to enjoy it more.

(first wall of text was t00 str0nk, 5000 max can’t stop me now)

A players 2 cents

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

GW2 and LoL are two different genres with games running with the use of different models.

1. You complain when new updates come because they should have come before
2. You complain when updates doesn’t come becasue they should
3. You complain when you don’t enjoy the updates because the game is only about you
4. You complain if you enjoy the updates cause there is no game who ever introduced enough content that players enjoyed
5. You complain if the company innovates becasue it should do what other games are doing
6. You complain if the company doesn’t innovate becasue they are copycats
7. You are comparing a moba with an mmorpg without realizing that both are jobs, not a bar opened for free for your statisfiction.

It is not how great a game is but if you decide to enjoy or not.

A players 2 cents

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Reading through your post and a few points you need to learn:

1. Your comparing League of Legends a different genre of game with a lot content to Guild Wars which has 1000 times more content.
  2. There is far more maps in GW2 than there is in League of Legends. SPVP is also not the only game type they have to worry over.
  3. We do not know what Anet is currently working on. SPVP 2v2, 3v3, 1v1 arenas could be in development, but we do not know, and they do not need to tell us because how the community reacts to even a sliver of information.
  4. Anet does biweekly to monthly patches with bug fixes and everything within each. I don’t know where you been for the last year and a half, but there has been a ton of bug fixes and changes on a biweekly to monthly basis with no breaks for a month.
  5. Unlike League of Legends Anet sells cosmetic items rather than entire heroes that change gameplay as well League of Legends should have lower operating costs (since they are the publisher and developer). Which means that money via gem store needs to be generated.

In most of my points your argument becomes moot because your comparing two drastically different genres and expect the same results. League of Legends has a lot less content and a lot less coding to deal with. MOBA to MMORPG amount of code is like 1:100 so for every line of code for the MOBA game there is 100 for an MMORPG. League of Legends has 3 maps to deal with and only variants on the map are the characters. In GW2 there is over 70 maps each one varying based on the players, events, NPCs, etc. This means a lot more can go wrong. If you going to try to compare the two at least choose the same genre.

A better comparison would be to another Active combat MMORPG (since types of combat change coding drastically as well due to the degree of movement).

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

A players 2 cents

BetterHappy.2517

Hve you ever tried Spvp, it’s a joke and they are not completely different. This game is based off of a gem store to make money because of a lack of subscription fee. The games are very similar for a number of reasons. You completely miss read the post and this game will die along with you in it I guess if you enjoy it so much.

The truth is that this game tries to produce crap for people to buy to make up for sub fee’s, that’s not an argument it’s a truth, get over it.

What they should do is take some of the effort put into shinny content and try to make the game good. The hype for GW2 eports was such a joke after the game was released and now a year later they’re doing major spvp patches and stuff? Get out of here that’s a joke

Both of you are so wrong it’s sad but keep eating up all of what Anet is “doing” for you. If this is the kind of post that I’ll see in reply I’m not going to waste my time replying to you all with a meaningful answer.

There are threads and threads of bugs that continue to go unanswered. In fact Anet breaks more things then they patch most of the time and we have to go through another 3 mico patches on patch day to fix those…

I’m going to take the Anet way out, I’ll get to it later.

Game is great and workign as intended as always!!!

(edited by BetterHappy.2517)

A players 2 cents

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Hve you ever tried Spvp, it’s a joke and they are not completely different. This game is based off of a gem store to make money because of a lack of subscription fee. The games are very similar for a number of reasons. You completely miss read the post and this game will die along with you in it I guess if you enjoy it so much.

The truth is that this game tries to produce crap for people to buy to make up for sub fee’s, that’s not an argument it’s a truth, get over it.

What they should do is take some of the effort put into shinny content and try to make the game good. The hype for GW2 eports was such a joke after the game was released and now a year later they’re doing major spvp patches and stuff? Get out of here that’s a joke

I have played SPVP, and it is substantially different compared to League of Legends. I do not see where your trying to compare. You seem to think that SPVP is the only thing in this game that the developers need to work on. League of Legends only has to worry about SPVP cause that is all there is in that game. The Gem Store has no effect on SPVP so I do not get your correlation there. Gem Store team is not the same team that does SPVP. So your argument is moot once again.

You can not take the Gem Store development team and send them on the SPVP development team as both require drastically different skills. You are thinking that GW2 is a single team when in reality there is many teams.

As far as we know right now there is:

• 4 Living Story Teams
  • 1 WvW Team
  • 1 SPVP Team
  • 1 Gem Store Team
  • 1 QA Team
  • 1 Support Team

There is more teams and probably more teams that haven’t made themselves known. Your trying to make connections where there isn’t any.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.