A positive post

A positive post

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tattyana.2356

tattyana.2356

Out of all the negative post I figured I would put my positive two cents in. Anet I love the new maps and the mastery system I feel like I actually have things to do and goals to strive for where as before the expansion other then wvw I really had no reason to log on. Your always going to have haters but please anet keep going the way your going.

A positive post

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

I agree HoT is great , i am surprised by some of the hysterics on the forums i thought this player base was above that.

A positive post

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I’d like to say that I think the glider is a lot of fun.

A positive post

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I’m having a total blast! Yeah there are bugs, everything ever made has had problems at first. There is so much to do and see I didn’t know where to start at first. Gliding is my favorite, and would love to see it in central Tyria. All we need are downdrafts to knock us out of the sky on the edges of maps, jumping puzzles, or other no-no places.

But like I said, plenty to do already. A few legendary journeys, masteries, and getting multiple toons ready for the jungle. And now that I have a whip, this character can stop speaking to the ministers and go treasure hunting!

Attachments:

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

A positive post

Posted by: CadeRG.4508

CadeRG.4508

I really wish that these forums weren’t filled with such ungrateful, complainy people

Vaulting daredevil leap frog teef of AoE destruction

A positive post

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

People who like the game and dont have problems have no need of Forums, which is why all game forums are only full of people with complaints.
If you look at the number of posts for the various issues on the forums, and compare them with the total player base, you will see that the Forums arnt in any way a valid picture of what the game is.

A positive post

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

Yay a positive post! I am loving the expansion. I have been playing the game since the beginning of 2013 and I still love it. This expansion gives me stuff to do when I hit level 80 and I love that.

A positive post

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

A positive post doesn’t include the word “haters”.

If you really like the game, that’s great, but you can like the game without assigning negative labels to players who don’t see things your way.

Just sayin’

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

A positive post

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Yay a positive post!!! Yes, absolutely positive about haters!!! Yay so positive!!! HATERS!!! Yay so positive!!!! So positive about the negative!!!

Here’s a positive post. I positively believe that this game is entertaining. I also positively believe that Anet has made mistakes that need to be rectified.

Oh wait, that last statement was just hateful.

A positive post

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I agree HoT is great , i am surprised by some of the hysterics on the forums i thought this player base was above that.

This player base is no longer the target demographic and this game is no longer GW2 I’m surprised you’re surprised.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

A positive post

Aidenwolf.5964

I really wish that these forums weren’t filled with such ungrateful, complainy people

We paid for the game I owe no gratitude.

PugLife SoloQ

A positive post

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

True, you don’t. You also aren’t required to even acknowledge the many positives of both the main game and the expansion either. And we aren’t prohibited from describing such behavior as whiny and “complainy”.

I love gliding, I absolutely adore the chronomancer, I really like most of the new maps, the story mode was fun, even though the story itself wasn’t so much. I love the feeling of getting lost, of knowing that there’s always some nook and cranny I haven’t explored, and the new maps give me that and also bump up the difficulty to a point where the game is actually challenging for once. Another thing I enjoy is the bigger focus on group content – if you don’t want to play with other people, don’t play MMOs! I also actually started playing PvP more actively, which is always nice. Also raids! Where I can be a support player! And the break bar replacing defiance, why the hell is nobody talking about this?!

All in all, while Anet did make some pretty big mistakes (fractals, WvW, legendaries requiring events to fail, which is the dumbest kitten I’ve ever seen) I am confident they will tweak them. The actual gameplay base of the game is more solid than ever and I just can’t wait to see them introduce new elite specs and masteries.

A positive post

Aidenwolf.5964

True, you don’t. You also aren’t required to even acknowledge the many positives of both the main game and the expansion either. And we aren’t prohibited from describing such behavior as whiny and “complainy”.

I love gliding, I absolutely adore the chronomancer, I really like most of the new maps, the story mode was fun, even though the story itself wasn’t so much. I love the feeling of getting lost, of knowing that there’s always some nook and cranny I haven’t explored, and the new maps give me that and also bump up the difficulty to a point where the game is actually challenging for once. Another thing I enjoy is the bigger focus on group content – if you don’t want to play with other people, don’t play MMOs! I also actually started playing PvP more actively, which is always nice. Also raids! Where I can be a support player! And the break bar replacing defiance, why the hell is nobody talking about this?!

All in all, while Anet did make some pretty big mistakes (fractals, WvW, legendaries requiring events to fail, which is the dumbest kitten I’ve ever seen) I am confident they will tweak them. The actual gameplay base of the game is more solid than ever and I just can’t wait to see them introduce new elite specs and masteries.

Soloing has been a thing in every MMO ever. If you’re new to the genre I can understand your mistake but if you’re not, you should at least be aware enough to admit that removing what GW2 was most loved for by many paid players (solo content) is what’s caused a portion of the backlash.

WvW was something GW2 did better than any other MMO and they’ve trashed it.

Dungeons never got updates so they added gold. Removing that gold I see as only a cash grab as they added nothing to Fractals at all (other than making ascended not drop at all… Oops).

I am glad to see others enjoying HoT but watch what you call customers who feel cheated.

PugLife SoloQ

A positive post

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

I like the maps as well. My only major gripe is that all of the events are on the clock at the moment. I would really appreciate it if everything wasn’t on a strict timer. Silverwastes was pretty good because you could always find a map where you could do something no matter when you logged in. However, the meta-events themselves are massive and pretty entertaining. The mouth of Mordremoth is an especially unique fight by GW2’s standards.

The fix to chak eggs was pretty also nice, because before that I had never gotten one to drop. Only reclaimed metal plates seem to be a hassle now as far as currencies are concerned, but I will try to get some by cheesing the bags that are affected by magic

Also, I do like the difficulty of the mobs even though I understand that it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. I can see where people who complain about the difficulty are coming from though, because the expansion brought no new maps for them at all.

Masteries are pretty well done in my opinion. Only the early ones are extremely important. Once I got some of the important ones I stopped caring much about them. Now I simply level them up as I try to accomplish other HoT-related stuff.

Finally, the elite specs that I have played so far are more fun to play than I expected, so they did a pretty good job there I guess. There are some flaws there but hopefully they will fix some in their next balance patch.

A positive post

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Raid is the best thing about this expansion. It’s just amazing, it’s what I play MMO for.

(But they broke two aspects of the game I enjoy most; Fracs and WvW)

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

(edited by Samnang.1879)

A positive post

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

Soloing has been a thing in every MMO ever. If you’re new to the genre I can understand your mistake but if you’re not, you should at least be aware enough to admit that removing what GW2 was most loved for by many paid players (solo content) is what’s caused a portion of the backlash.

Dungeons never got updates so they added gold. Removing that gold I see as only a cash grab as they added nothing to Fractals at all (other than making ascended not drop at all… Oops).

I am glad to see others enjoying HoT but watch what you call customers who feel cheated.

Yes, solo content has been around in MMOs since forever. Solo high-level content? Not so much. Not to mention I did most of the stuff in VD for example without grouping with anyone. They also didn’t remove solo content, all of it is still there.

The rest of your complaints are valid, but as I said – solvable, they are about tweaking how much gold you get etc. WvW is getting no love, true, they mentioned off-handedly a rework, who the kitten knows when it’s going to come, but at least they openly acknowledge that there is a problem .

A positive post

Posted by: tattyana.2356

tattyana.2356

The main thing is I at least have things to work towards now as before I didn’t

A positive post

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Yes, solo content has been around in MMOs since forever. Solo high-level content? Not so much. Not to mention I did most of the stuff in VD for example without grouping with anyone. They also didn’t remove solo content, all of it is still there.

Please post a follow up here when you’ve gotten your guildhall solo. You know, access to what we made and had for years.

The rest of your complaints are valid, but as I said – solvable, they are about tweaking how much gold you get etc. WvW is getting no love, true, they mentioned off-handedly a rework, who the kitten knows when it’s going to come, but at least they openly acknowledge that there is a problem .