A present for Christmas!

A present for Christmas!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thora.6428

Thora.6428

Less new content, more bug fixing

Hello my fellow Guild Wars players

As seen in various subforums and threads, there are many bugs that still exist and many more caused by the recent content release. Since a beautiful holiday is about to come, I propose less new content and more bug fixing. As a player I will be thrilled to see:

1. Rangers/eles/mesmers/thieves fixed
  2. No more stuck events/personal story
  3. No more client crashes and disconnects.
  4. Many more annoying little things that spoil your/mine gameplay

Because let’s face it: who wants to face new challenges with broken mechanics and limited trait specialization (because of not working/useless traits) or with constant disconnects. By fixing/balancing the existing content you (ANET) will have the opportunity to create a stable, steady ground for building content. Competitive and balanced environment is the key for this game and for its future (in e-sports). Also since the holidays are coming, this will bring the players back as well as attracting new ones.

Thank you for your time

Chorgom
Aurora Glade
Diversity requires versatile play

(edited by Thora.6428)

A present for Christmas!

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I know it’s not actually an either/or thing.

But I’d really like them to get all the things working that should have been working at launch. Get traits working, runes and sigils working, guild fully functional, etc.

I’m afraid bug fixes don’t get great press or promotion.

A present for Christmas!

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I have been advocating this since launch. I would have preferred a working class and game before moving on to other content.
I found that if you show off the content via trial ect you get more purchases when the content is polished and working well.
Better communication and much better cash shop development is something I would add in there as well.

However they dont care and wont listen so it doesnt matter.

A present for Christmas!

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I believe there are different teams working at bugfixes and creating new content.
The thing is: They can’t really abandon either, if they want to keep players interested.

Polka will never die

A present for Christmas!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Besides starting to actually ‘make’ more town clothing, all I want for Christmas is for Town Clothing and Armor (Weapon too, I suppose, hadn’t thought about that) to be handled like dyes.

1. Transmutation stone required to ‘learn’ the style, which is then stored (per character is fine, I’ll let them make me buy trans stones for each character, they have to make money some how) just like a dye.

2. Once you know the image, you apply it, just like a dye. I can change my armor every day of the week, or if I want a special look for taking a resource camp vs a keep, I can do it.

3. Stones still retain their other functionality, and are still one ‘avenue’ you can use to move a rune from one item to another, even without caring about the look.

That’s what I want for Christmas.

I don’t think I should spend $23,426.23 (<- hyperbole + sarcasm = clean energy) each month on Fine Continuum Transfunctioners (I mean, who can’t think of ‘Zoltan!’ whenever you hear Zhaitan?) if I wanted to change my armor on a whim.

And it’s not just the transmutation stones, think of how much you’d have to spend on all the bag space for all the outfits?

I’ve heard the idea of making a collection or wardrobe, and I don’t think it’s quite the same thing. I don’t want a place to store ‘real’ things. If I want different ‘physical’ sets of armor with different stats, that’s a different topic. If ya’ll wanna wardrobe for that, more power to you.

I’m just talking about the concept of making an armor skin or town clothing like a dye. For town clothing, you don’t actually ‘where’ anything, you just apply ‘style’ to each slot, like you’d dye something. For real armor, you apply a ‘style’ to each piece, like you’d dye it.

Mr. Santa, take us out of here. Engage.

A present for Christmas!

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

All I want for Wintersday is someone to cast remove conditions on Anet to get rid of Nexon

A present for Christmas!

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I’d sacrifice all existing in-game assets, including existing characters and their names, to see an announcment that Ascended gear and ALL legendaries “in the works” were being scrapped.

A present for Christmas!

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

I’d sacrifice all existing in-game assets, including existing characters and their names, to see an announcment that Ascended gear and ALL legendaries “in the works” were being scrapped.

It’s a bit drastic, but in thinking about it, I wouldn’t be against it either. Let’s go back to beta and try again!

A present for Christmas!

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello Thora.6428,

as you already pointed out…

As seen in various subforums and threads, there are many bugs that still exist and many more caused by the recent content release.

… threads for those issues already exist in various subforums.

We thank you for pointing out the issues again, but please refrain to create a thread for topics which are already discussed in other threads. We would like to contain the information in one place, that counts for each issue.

For that reason, this thread was closed.

Greetings.