A quaggan walks into a tavern...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DeadlyDahlia.9102

DeadlyDahlia.9102

Was doing map completion in Snowden Drifts, completing the heart at Mennerheim. There’s a dialogue you can have with a Norn girl named Lemlem, where you have to tell her a joke to make her laugh. Here are the options I chose:

Me: “I once ate a whole dolyak. When I burped, a moo came out.”

Lem: “You call that a joke? Stale bread is funnier than that! C’mon, impress me.”

Me: “A quaggan walks into a tavern and says, ‘Is your pond full?’”

Lem: “Ha ha! That was a good one. I haven’t laughed that hard in a while.”

Thing is…..I don’t get it lol. It’s driving me nuts! Please send help, an explanation, or confirmation that I’m not the only one who doesn’t get it and Norns have a wacky sense of humor. xD

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

O.o

Well, you’re definitely not alone in not getting it, ‘cause I’m completelt lost as to what the joke is!

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

…Maybe it was talking about the tankards? Like…the quaggan thought the tankards were pools?. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Ghost Yak

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

…Maybe it was talking about the tankards? Like…the quaggan thought the tankards were pools?. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Hm… that would actually have worked pretty well in Swedish (and maybe other scandinavian languages) as we use the word “full” (same meaning as english) for “drunk” as well…