A question about GW2

A question about GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: joanisa.5768

joanisa.5768

All the last patch/update of gw2 have made the game harder. Trains are gone (queensdale and old frostforge) and dungeons are getting harder (some of the old tactics dont work anymore). People are quitting the game because best itens are almost impossible to buy and the best ways to make gold are being destroyed by gw2. From my usual group of friends to create a party (about 13 people), only 3 of them keep playing everyday since the last update. Im getting frustraded too and i just dont get what is the point of this.

thanks.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

The last update had a lot of stealth bullkitten that was not documented, and Anet’s not said a single thing whether these changes are official or not. Honestly, tell them to keep playing, and every time they do something where it has been changed by the update but not documented in the patch notes, send in a bug report. Continue sending them and hopefully it’ll motivate Anet to get their kitten together.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

er, is making a game more challenging a bad thing? Is encouraging people to play other content a bad thing?
If all you do is train farm in the hopes of getting that shiny, that’s addiction.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

er, is making a game more challenging a bad thing? Is encouraging people to play other content a bad thing?
If all you do is train farm in the hopes of getting that shiny, that’s addiction.

THW went from being difficult, yet reliable to run, to a total crapshoot. Guardian’s WoR, SoA, Ele’s Swirling Winds, and Mesmer’s Feedback no longer reflect the Wurm’s eggs. AFAIK, TTS is still working out the kinks on how to reflect crap now.

A question about GW2

Posted by: nolij.4327

nolij.4327

making the game harder and nerfing gold farming methods accomplishes two things

1. people who are dedicated players who like to farm for stuff will quite, making server load lighter
2. people who aren’t so dedicated but still want gold will end up spending even more money on buying gold because it’s now impossible to make gold by playing the game

it’s very easy to understand these kind of situations once you face the fact that it’s all about the money

inb4 “omg how dare anet try to make money blah blah blah”

yes, anet deserves money for content. however, taking present content and making it harder is not content, and therefore not deserving of money.

it’s sad to say that i’m thinking about leaving too, for wildstar

potatoes gon’ potate

A question about GW2

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Losing people who can only “play” Queensdale train and consider a week’s worth of dungeons “hard” to get full exotics for tokens, is definitely a good thing for this game.

20 level 80s and counting.

A question about GW2

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

.. What is wrong with making things harder then they were..Before they were just stupid easy.
Trains – I’m glad their gone. I was sick of hearing and seeing people B…have a go at someone in the map because they didn’t play or do something “THEIR” way. Load of my guildies also are happy about the changes there.
Gold wise- …. it’ss always been a fuzzy area there really.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

A question about GW2

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

making the game harder and nerfing gold farming methods accomplishes two things

1. people who are dedicated players who like to farm for stuff will quite, making server load lighter
2. people who aren’t so dedicated but still want gold will end up spending even more money on buying gold because it’s now impossible to make gold by playing the game

it’s very easy to understand these kind of situations once you face the fact that it’s all about the money

inb4 “omg how dare anet try to make money blah blah blah”

yes, anet deserves money for content. however, taking present content and making it harder is not content, and therefore not deserving of money.

it’s sad to say that i’m thinking about leaving too, for wildstar

Moving from one NCSoft game to another NCSoft game?

Terrible idea. Give Wildstar a miss, play different games, even single player games, and wait for something good to come along.

For me, it’ll be Camelot Unchained. RvRvR focused game, made by passionate developers/gamers with no company like NCSoft lording stupid restrictions over their head about what they can and can’t do. And they won’t be promoting casual friendly mechanics and other nonsense. Nor will it use a cash shop (except for transfers).

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Agaetis.4518

Agaetis.4518

THW went from being difficult, yet reliable to run, to a total crapshoot. Guardian’s WoR, SoA, Ele’s Swirling Winds, and Mesmer’s Feedback no longer reflect the Wurm’s eggs. AFAIK, TTS is still working out the kinks on how to reflect crap now.

Killed the three-headed wurm with gw2community yesterday. Was harder with all the eggs and larva, but went fine in the end. And the extra challenge just made the encounter more interesting

A question about GW2

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Losing people who can only “play” Queensdale train and consider a week’s worth of dungeons “hard” to get full exotics for tokens, is definitely a good thing for this game.

Actually i miss the days where “dungeon speedfarmers” weren t in the game.

The game was more friendly, you could have fun, and skill was not mistaken with reproducing a video on youtube with the exact same build. (youtube posters were good, people copying it are not).

That was before this game tried to appeal to wow players :/

And this is the issue:
Players needs fun (dedication? is this a work?), you could have fun just helping new players Learning dungeons, because you didn t need to amass thousands gold.

It was a challenge to adapt and react party mistakes and save the day, it was a challenge…Something most players today can’t do at all.

Simply anet is giving credit to the wrong people.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Simply anet is giving credit to the wrong people.

And the credit apparently should go to the Queensdale farmers and the 111-spamfest at worldbosses and cleric staff guards and bearbow rangers for whom it takes ages to complete a dungeon because they refuse to think at all about how part A or part B in the game works?

Yeaaah, right. Next we should give credit to people who deliberately click on mines in minesweeper, because it’s “challenge!” and “fun!”, while thinking about most efficient ways to succeed is definitely not “fun”. I think I’ll leave this quote here:

The derogatory term “scrub” means several different things. One definition is someone (especially a game player) who is not good at something (especially a game). By this definition, we all start out as scrubs, and there is certainly no shame in that. I mean the term differently, though. A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

A question about GW2

Posted by: Defend.9678

Defend.9678

I’m finding it hard to comprehend this thread, the fact that you are complaining that anet are changing dungeons to make them more challenging in order to make players self improve themselves is shocking. If you and your friends are finding it impossible to do the dungeons in guildwars 2 and leaving because of it then you are going to be crying at every other game out there too.
As you are also complaining about old implemented tactics not working, most probably stacking for example is pathetic, even though it is the best way to complete a dungeon it isnt what the devs imagined for them, players are constantly being challenged into changing their gameplay to work to their upmost efficiency not only will dungeon changes effect this but class builds ect will too. If you are having trouble doing dungeons you might want to learn how to play your class more efficiently.

As well as this the queensdale train was a huge problem for the state of the game as new players who have just created their character not only saw constant toxicity in the mapchat from the sheep but they got sucked into thinking that following a mindless train zerg was how the game was meant to be played and failed to actually explore the rest of the world.

I met a new player who joined my guild and she was level 20 and had not left queensdale, the rest of my guildies had to push to try to get her to realise that there is more to the game than that.

On the topic of gold, gold = time if you invest the time you will get the gold. I play guildwars when I get home from work for around 4-5 hours in that time I do dungeons and fractals also WvW PvP on weekends I have never had trouble with getting gold, most people think “oh the trains are gone no gold income anymore gg anet” but that isn’t the case. Yes trains may have had a good source of revenue but the matter of the fact is there is lots of exiting content which gives you gold, from a good day in WvW you can make up to 20g from drops and loot bags also money from leveling up your rank.

td;dr challenging content is good for helping players grow, trains aren’t needed to make gold. People whine too much.

/thread.

A question about GW2

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Honestly, If I wanted to have challenge, serious bussiness, mix maxing and drama, I would be better raiding in WOW.

I’m playing GW2 instead of Wow because Guild Wars 2 is more nice, relaxing, casual. People actually work together instead of competing. You can play the way you like. Nobody will kick of the dungeon for not having certain achievs or Gearscore.
Or so I was told.
Everyday the game looks more and more elitist and mean in general.

Add the thing that anet has for temporary content and PvC (Player vs Clock) and I starting to think that I made a big mistake.
It’s a shame, because the game itself is really nice. I love the visuals and art style. The cooperative style of play (no killsteal, only helping, yeay!).

In some places there’s a nice and welcoming athmosphere, like in the Cliffs. But in others…

PD: It’s funny, people still complains of the toxicity of the QD train… I witness toxicity everywhere. One group particulary toxic is the train haters. Irony?

A question about GW2

Posted by: Calanthe.9415

Calanthe.9415

I feel like they are trying to find a balance. We have quite a diverse player base. It can’t be easy trying to please everyone. Whether they are succeeding or not, I don’t know. I suppose I’m not as passionate about it as some.

Trains aren’t totally gone. I run FGS when I just want to relax. I’ve been enjoying the pavilion and the bit of coordination that is required. It’s nice to see that come together and get gold every cycle. I suspect folks don’t realize how profitable this event is when in the right instance.

Perhaps my expectations aren’t as demanding. I like that I can log in, determine what my mood is today and what I want to do, and I can go do it.

When and if the time comes that this game no longer entertains me, I will move on to something else knowing I can come back at some point in the future if I want.

A question about GW2

Defend.9678

Honestly, If I wanted to have challenge, serious bussiness, mix maxing and drama, I would be better raiding in WOW.

I’m playing GW2 instead of Wow because Guild Wars 2 is more nice, relaxing, casual. People actually work together instead of competing. You can play the way you like. Nobody will kick of the dungeon for not having certain achievs or Gearscore.
Or so I was told.

Add the thing that anet has for temporary content and PvC (Player vs Clock) and I starting to think that I made a big mistake.
It’s a shame, because the game itself is really nice. I love the visuals and art style. The cooperative style of play (no killsteal, only helping, yeay!).

In some places there’s a nice and welcoming athmosphere, like in the Cliffs. But in others…

PD: It’s funny, people still complains of the toxicity of the QD train… I witness toxicity everywhere. One group particulary toxic is the train haters. Irony?

I’m not disregarding what you say about Guildwars 2 being a more relaxing experience for an mmo overall but there comes a point when people just want more of a challenge something to work towards like a wall to get over not only alone but with friends and guild mates. The whole game is currently built around casual players but there becomes a point where people want/need more progression. Before anyone says go play <mmo> here if you want a challenge I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t love this game for what it is.

For the topic of the temp content, Anet have confirmed that they have seen the light and the whole next living story is all perm content which can’t be complained about.

Yes there people who were against the Queensdale train could be toxic and yes not everyone is polite but I spend a lot of time in Queensdale myself as it is a great place to do dailies and the amount of times I have seen a new player for example at the champion troll event pick up the stone and try to fight it only to be verbally abused over map chat for literally doing the content how it is expected in the game is unprecedented.

A question about GW2

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

All the last patch/update of gw2 have made the game harder. Trains are gone (queensdale and old frostforge) and dungeons are getting harder (some of the old tactics dont work anymore). People are quitting the game because best itens are almost impossible to buy and the best ways to make gold are being destroyed by gw2. From my usual group of friends to create a party (about 13 people), only 3 of them keep playing everyday since the last update. Im getting frustraded too and i just dont get what is the point of this.

thanks.

People were crying to remove champ train in Queensdale and FG. And now they got their wish people are complaining why is it remove….just amazing.

A question about GW2

rincewind.9528

Or so I was told.

I’m not disregarding what you say about Guildwars 2 being a more relaxing experience for an mmo overall but there comes a point when people just want more of a challenge something to work towards like a wall to get over not only alone but with friends and guild mates. The whole game is currently built around casual players but there becomes a point where people want/need more progression. Before anyone says go play <mmo> here if you want a challenge I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t love this game for what it is.

For the topic of the temp content, Anet have confirmed that they have seen the light and the whole next living story is all perm content which can’t be complained about.

Yes there people who were against the Queensdale train could be toxic and yes not everyone is polite but I spend a lot of time in Queensdale myself as it is a great place to do dailies and the amount of times I have seen a new player for example at the champion troll event pick up the stone and try to fight it only to be verbally abused over map chat for literally doing the content how it is expected in the game is unprecedented.

Guild Wars 2 needs raids for those who wants challenges to do with their friends. Clear as water. That way you can have us the casual crowd happy, and those who want to do coordinated more challenging content can be happy too.

And about the permanent stuff for season 2… I’m crossing my fingers. Hopefuly the rumors will be true and the age of the Player vs Clock is over.

For the QD train. I enjoyed doint it. Not all the time, of course. After a few cycles it’s become boring.
But the most horrible thing that I witnessed was a few curses when the train arrive and the boss was dead. Or people asking for people wanting to do the champions to wait for the train. But nothing like personal insults… except once.
I’ve seen much worse in the Pavillion, for example.

But, well, let’s stop the nostalgy, the QD train is deader than Disco.

A question about GW2

rincewind.9528

thanks.

People were crying to remove champ train in Queensdale and FG. And now they got their wish people are complaining why is it remove….just amazing.

What? You’re kidding, right?

Some people hated the train.
Some people loved the train.
Some people was indiferent.

I liked it. In little quotas.
Was awesome to get the daily done. And kinda fun. Running like madman going all out agains champions and seeing them fall before the might of countless warriors.
And the bacon pause, were people danced together, chatted in the map chat and put nice banners in the hill.

But well, it’s gone.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

thanks.

Next are the EOTM trains X)

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

A question about GW2

Defend.9678

thanks.

I have high hopes for EOTM trains to go, the fact that Anet produced a brilliant map full of character and it has been invaded by PvE players who have actually said and I quote “This isn’t a WvW map don’t kill people”.

A question about GW2

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I agree. There should be more challenging open-world content, but for smaller groups, since the bigger groups already have Wurm and Tequatl.

Champ trains are so ridiculous, and they need to be stopped, whether it’s in Queensdale, or in Frostgorge, or anywhere. It’s just a big zerg, running from champ to champ, with no challenge or strategy, at all.

Anet needs to kill them once and for all, and stop encouraging it.

The easiest solution is to just put them on random timers. They could’ve also made them available as guild missions.

Once champ trains are gone, then players will start doing other content again, such as temples, dungeons, etc.

As it is currently, endgame for gw2, is seeing 50+ people running in circles from champ to champ, because it’s currently the fastest way to get loot. This doesn’t happen in other MMOs, and it just feels like amateur game-design.

Quick solution: Random timers & Zone-wide announcement that a champ spawned.

A question about GW2

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

You understand that it’s different people, right?

A question about GW2

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Or so I was told.

players but there becomes a point where people want/need more progression.

1. Totally agree with Rincewind.

So “Progression” ? For me that always has the bitter taste of raids and the endless gear treadmill, exactly what i don’t want here.

Also in my experience nearly nobody wants “challenge” just because of the challenge. In reality those people just want better loot .. loot that the “normal” players don’t have so they can show off how good they are.

Sadly ANet always listens to those people and creates content that most player don’t play like Southsun or the new TA path just because they seem to believe that those people that always cry for harder content, and always say : noooo .. we don’t want better loot, just challenge really want that and are more than just a very vocal minority in the forums.

In the end however (nearly) nobody wants a challenge on every stupid mob when it comes to farming, and farming is what you do most of the time. So if all mobs get double hitpoints its not more challenging, its simply annoying since you can farm only half as much mobs as before.

Challenges are mostly good 1 time, however if you have beaten them once, they are mostly no fun anymore.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Making things harder and not upping the rewards…

…yeah, valid argument for an MMO where rewards are a priority for a vast number of players.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

thanks.

I have high hopes for EOTM trains to go, the fact that Anet produced a brilliant map full of character and it has been invaded by PvE players who have actually said and I quote “This isn’t a WvW map don’t kill people”.

Well, imo players are not the one to blame if they are pve players ill welcome them in wvw at any time, servers also need some cannon fodder to X).
Dev’s need to adress the reason that leads players to this kind of behavior, being the bad drop system this game has, RNG or anything else, IMO craftsmanship and RNG needs a litle rework.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

people are quitting the game because…
If I had a penny for every time that was written in any game at any time with nothing at all to back up the claims I would be seriously wealthy.

A question about GW2

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

As well as this the queensdale train was a huge problem for the state of the game as new players who have just created their character not only saw constant toxicity in the mapchat from the sheep but they got sucked into thinking that following a mindless train zerg was how the game was meant to be played and failed to actually explore the rest of the world.
/thread.

The only time QD train became heated was when someone was actively and quite purposefully antagonizing it. Kind of like the terms you are using against your fellow players in this thread. And, to even mention EotM and use PvE as some derogatory term too??? Sounds like you just don’t like seeing others have fun or be rewarded in game.

The dev’s would be wise to leave EotM alone and stop antagonizing the majority of their customers. Attempting to force players into playing in a fashion they do not wish to is not a good idea. There’s a big difference in encouraging and forcing. The dev’s should be mindful of it.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

A question about GW2

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Putting in mechanics and then making them completely useless isn’t making the game more challenging it’s eliminating tactics that classes were given in order to be used effectively against mobs. This isn’t the first time this has happened either, I’m playing a heavy CC heavy condition damage class right now, guess which two things they nerfed almost immediately after the game launched. That’s #1.

“#2” if they wanted to encourage people to play other content they would have implemented the promised rewards revamp we’ve been waiting months to see.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

A question about GW2

Defend.9678

Or so I was told.

players but there becomes a point where people want/need more progression.

1. Totally agree with Rincewind.

So “Progression” ? For me that always has the bitter taste of raids and the endless gear treadmill, exactly what i don’t want here.

Also in my experience nearly nobody wants “challenge” just because of the challenge. In reality those people just want better loot .. loot that the “normal” players don’t have so they can show off how good they are.

Sadly ANet always listens to those people and creates content that most player don’t play like Southsun or the new TA path just because they seem to believe that those people that always cry for harder content, and always say : noooo .. we don’t want better loot, just challenge really want that and are more than just a very vocal minority in the forums.

In the end however (nearly) nobody wants a challenge on every stupid mob when it comes to farming, and farming is what you do most of the time. So if all mobs get double hitpoints its not more challenging, its simply annoying since you can farm only half as much mobs as before.

Challenges are mostly good 1 time, however if you have beaten them once, they are mostly no fun anymore.

I may have worded it incorrectly but by progression I mean that you as a player feel like you have actually achieved something rather than grinded something out which feels like a chore just for some achievement points. It is true that people want loot and that is fine, but because everything is so easy the loot is poor, I feel there needs to be some scale of correlation between content difficulty and the loot received much like they are attempting to do with fractals.

You talk about how nobody wants a challenge too which is completely obsolete in this case because if you talk to nearly any veteran players they will tell you they want a challenge and by doubling the hitpoints yes it may annoy the farmers but wasn’t the whole point of nerfing the trains to stop the zerg content, it might actually make them think about actually playing the game how it is intended rather than be a sheep.

Ps. In reply to your sig. No-one wants mounts we have waypoints and don’t play guildwars if you are expecting trinity. But the capes, yeah I want capes.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Saylu.8271

Saylu.8271

thanks.

They are obviously two different group of people.

A question about GW2

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

thanks.

It’s part of their “no you can’t have loot” system in the open world. People like to talk big about it, we see lots of posts about how terrible farmers are, but I can tell you this. Farming is what allowed people to achieve their goals in a relatively reasonable time frame without destroying the fun without harming the game and without causing market crashes. What they’ve gotten here is a serious TP problem. Everything is focused on the TP, you can’t get anything without the TP, and you absolutely positively must grind gold out to get anything in the game that’s meaningful. That’s poor design. And this isn’t anything new mind you veteran players of multiple games have seen this behavior before from companies we’re just wondering when the advocates will wake up and realize “hey, it’s not supposed to be this way, not by honest standards and not by the standards they layed out for the game prelaunch.” instead of saying zombie statements like “don’t like it log into another title”

The other thing I find disturbing is anytime someone complains about the open world all of these dungeoneers, WvWers, PvPers come on here and say nasty things about the open world players but they don’t realize that the open world players are casuals generally and the casuals are what made this game’s sales because we outnumber the rest of the community vastly. WE are why they had to shut down the sales of the game after reaching just over 3 million to help them catchup and expand the servers before allowing sales again. People often forget that.

Attachments:

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

A question about GW2

rincewind.9528

I agree. There should be more challenging open-world content, but for smaller groups, since the bigger groups already have Wurm and Tequatl.

Champ trains are so ridiculous, and they need to be stopped, whether it’s in Queensdale, or in Frostgorge, or anywhere. It’s just a big zerg, running from champ to champ, with no challenge or strategy, at all.

The easiest solution is to just put them on random timers. They could’ve also made them available as guild missions.

Once champ trains are gone, then players will start doing other content again, such as temples, dungeons, etc.

As it is currently, endgame for gw2, is seeing 50+ people running in circles from champ to champ, because it’s currently the fastest way to get loot. This doesn’t happen in other MMOs, and it just feels like amateur game-design.

So, if players don’t play the way you like they’re wrong and must be corrected.
Nice.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

thanks.

Do you realise that there are people who thoughts this game dont have any challendge from start to today? They also leave this game. GW2 is most casual MMO I have ever seen. I laught when people create some topics…

A question about GW2

Defend.9678

/thread.

The only time QD train became heated was when someone was actively and quite purposefully antagonizing it. Kind of like the terms you are using against your fellow players in this thread. And, to even mention EotM and use PvE as some derogatory term too??? Sounds like you just don’t like seeing others have fun or be rewarded in game.

The dev’s would be wise to leave EotM alone and stop antagonizing the majority of their customers. Attempting to force players into playing in a fashion they do not wish to is not a good idea. There’s a big difference in encouraging and forcing. The dev’s should be mindful of it.

In no way have I antagonised anyone in this thread, this is a debate and there are always two sides of an argument, but because you didn’t like my argument doesn’t mean I antagonised you. PvE/WvW/PvP terms are used widely to say which content is which so me saying PvE means that eotm has because a train which is present in PvE content aka the old queensdale, its a train in which players go there to get loot and to farm and not using as intended as a WvW map in which players fight eachother on a regular basis.

Also from your wording of trying to judge me I see you jump to conclusions very fast and no I like seeing people be rewarded, I just wish the rewards scaled with the content and how well the content has been fulfilled.

Once again using “antagonising” as a word to explain devs fixing their content so it actually matched up to how it has been envisioned, eotm will no without doubt be fixed. They will not just “give it up” because farmers have nowhere else to go and are scared to lose their gold per hour ratios. The devs are not forcing people to play how they want the devs want to they are making the content better for people who actually care about WvW and want to play for their server, if the PvE community want to farm they should stick to the PvE content. td;lr PvE and WvW are separate things and will no doubt be fixed to the way they are intended to be played.

A question about GW2

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

So, if players don’t play the way you like they’re wrong and must be corrected.
Nice.

It’s not about what i like. It’s about bad game design. Is it really intended for the world of Tyria, to see hundreds of people running around in circles, killing the same mobs over and over, in a short amount of time, multiple times a day?

Not only is it ridiculous from a lore and immersion viewpoint, but it’s also ridiculous from a gameplay viewpoint. Instead of having people use Swiftness boons, they might as well just line up the Champs against a wall, and have them spawn continuously. It’s really the same thing. The only difference is the travelling part. At least in EotM though, there are other players that kill you. Not so much in champ trains.

A question about GW2

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

.. What is wrong with making things harder then they were..Before they were just stupid easy.
Trains – I’m glad their gone. I was sick of hearing and seeing people B…have a go at someone in the map because they didn’t play or do something “THEIR” way. Load of my guildies also are happy about the changes there.
Gold wise- …. it’ss always been a fuzzy area there really.

The problem with that is that the drops don’t change at all, if they are going to make something hard they better buff the drops or else what is the point of getting annoyed and kittened off just for 1g?

A question about GW2

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

I’m confused as to why people want the ETOM train gone, it hurts nothing.. if you want to wvwvw go play a real map. I find it funny that there is always a group within this game that wants to force people to play it their way. You’re all the same, bunch of self entitled whiners who think your way is right. GW2 community is terrible, even WoW didn’t have this level of angst and people trying to force everyone to march in a line.

But alas, trains are bad, people should have to be forced to do harder content for lesser rewards and it’s all for the greater good. Why don’t you people take that in and think about a certain type of people you sound like.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

Right now in this moment I’m not playing the game, but I’m keeping an eye on the forum and on reddit to see if there’s anything new that might tempt me to start play again.

This is my personal problems to why I really don’t like this game no more.

1. RnG; There’s waaay to much RnG in the endgame to actually achieve the things you want. It’s on the verge to depressing and I’m not enjoying spending over 5-6 months on trying to get a wurm skin, let alone even get a precursor drop. There’s no reward in it.

2. Gold; right now gold is the only thing you want nowadays. Sure, there’s nothing wrong about that. But when you need 250 Powerful Blood you rather buy that off the TP instead of going to a random place where you can get a sustainable farm each day. The Bloods(T6 mats) could even be account bound if it would mess up the economic too much.

3. Acquiring gold; Only good way to get gold right now is by doing dungeon. I grew tired of doing them since I felt like a robot each day logging on and then doing daily runs to then log off. It was no excitement in what I was doing, only a daily routine. Sure once in a while I would get an exotic that I could sell for right under 1 gold, but that’s it.

The point is the game has some really prestigious things in the “end-game” but they’re all based on luck. And besides that is just

1. Farm gold
  2. Buy from TP
  3. Repeat

IMO it’s boring and it doesn’t work to keep a game alive for several years.

A question about GW2

rincewind.9528

I’m confused as to why people want the ETOM train gone, it hurts nothing.. if you want to wvwvw go play a real map. I find it funny that there is always a group within this game that wants to force people to play it their way. You’re all the same, bunch of self entitled whiners who think your way is right. GW2 community is terrible, even WoW didn’t have this level of angst and people trying to force everyone to march in a line.

But alas, trains are bad, people should have to be forced to do harder content for lesser rewards and it’s all for the greater good. Why don’t you people take that in and think about a certain type of people you sound like.

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

If you want free loot with no effort, then interactive games like Guild Wars 2 are not for you. In fact, there is a classic MMO that should suit your purposes just fine: Progress Quest. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progress_Quest)

A question about GW2

Sunshine.4680

Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Guess so, had an argument with someone who was braggin about shutting down the QD train and how they would kill champs to bait people into getting mad and then report them. I was appalled by this behavior.. seriously killing a champ is fine but bragging about it so you can goad people into getting mad? Talking smack to them to get them to swear so you can hit the report button? This is what our community is now, bunch of people trolling each other and thinking that what they do is good.

I’ve played MMOs for a long time and never seen this kind of behavior, this game has the worst community of any game out there and it’s not just one group it’s all of them.

A question about GW2

Defend.9678

If you want free loot with no effort, then interactive games like Guild Wars 2 are not for you. In fact, there is a classic MMO that should suit your purposes just fine: Progress Quest. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progress_Quest)

Could not agree more with this statement.

A question about GW2

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

If you played 1000 hours doing nothing but farming Queensdale/FS champ trains and dungeons, you’ll forgive me if I don’t sympathize that you can not get what you want.

Its good that they removed all those brain-cell killing activities, not that its all that much efficient, after Megaserver I realized that CS farming is back and PvP gives about a fair amount of gold as well (and is fun). Besides, Eotm is the new the champ train, hello.

3. Acquiring gold; Only good way to get gold right now is by doing dungeon. I grew tired of doing them since I felt like a robot each day logging on and then doing daily runs to then log off. It was no excitement in what I was doing, only a daily routine. Sure once in a while I would get an exotic that I could sell for right under 1 gold, but that’s it.

This sounds like this is actually the bad way to get gold right now. An exotic once in a while?? Have you tried Melandru event with 100mf? At least 4-5 yellows there, 5-10 t6 mats, and an exotic every 2 or 3 chains. Not to mention the kittenload of t5, silk, ori and ancient wood from salvage, rare materials from bags… all within 10-15 minutes.

(edited by projectcedric.6951)

A question about GW2

Sunshine.4680

How does asking for rewards that match the difficulty mean people just want something for nothing?

A question about GW2

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

…and it just feels like amateur game-design….

Wanted to focus on the important part so the devs if they should read this thread don’t miss it. This is how many of us are beginning to feel.

It just feels as though Anet staff put on this game is small, and they are either part of the Blog post staff or the gem shop armor, and weapon creators. It feels as if the staff is spread thin… and the results tend to look as if they are done on the cheap.

Amaturish comes to mind.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

A question about GW2

rincewind.9528

It’s not about what i like. It’s about bad game design. Is it really intended for the world of Tyria, to see hundreds of people running around in circles, killing the same mobs over and over, in a short amount of time, multiple times a day?

Not only is it ridiculous from a lore and immersion viewpoint, but it’s also ridiculous from a gameplay viewpoint. Instead of having people use Swiftness boons, they might as well just line up the Champs against a wall, and have them spawn continuously. It’s really the same thing. The only difference is the travelling part. At least in EotM though, there are other players that kill you. Not so much in champ trains.

Well, if the mobs keep spawning is only logical that they get killed again.

Most logical would be that the army get rid of the bandits, the trolls, the ettins. I mean, they have those perils on their backyard. Just make a few more forts and get rid of the menace near home.
Honestly, the actions of the humans not make much sense.
But, hey, they’re human, they blow TWO of their kindoms while triying to fight the charrs. They’re dumb as rocks.

Anyways, just live and let live.
If people enjoy doing trains, what’s wrong with that?

And the last part… a champ survival sounds like a neat idea. Imagine it, waves of champion coming to fight the players. First one, the two, then three… zerg for you life!!

A question about GW2

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

I don’t think it’s a loss for anet (or for me and many others) to lose players who only think that farming gold in a queensdale train is how the game should be played.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

A question about GW2

Jornophelanthas.1475

How does asking for rewards that match the difficulty mean people just want something for nothing?

I’m not qualified to comment on EotM, as I’ve barely explored that map. However, regarding the Queensdale “train”, I can confidently claim that it now does give suitable rewards that match the difficulty level.

(If the content is very easy, the matching reward should be a small one. Champion loot bags are too big a reward for 3 seconds of auto-attacking.)

A question about GW2

Sunshine.4680

I’m not qualified to comment on EotM, as I’ve barely explored that map. However, regarding the Queensdale “train”, I can confidently claim that it now does give suitable rewards that match the difficulty level.

(If the content is very easy, the matching reward should be a small one. Champion loot bags are too big a reward for 3 seconds of auto-attacking.)

I only liked the champ train for doing monthly or getting a little exp. I do agree with the bag thing. It as too much.

A question about GW2

Jornophelanthas.1475

ArenaNet could have solved the “Queensdale train” issue in two possible ways to bring effort and reward back in line:

1. Increase the difficulty of the champions.
2. Decrease the reward.

Option 1 was not desirable, because starter areas are not a suitable place to put greatly difficult encounters.
So they went with option 2; decreasing the rewards. (Although the demotion of champions to veterans also made the encounters easier.)