A question about GW2

A question about GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

The same kind of “knight” and “marionette” fights are the final straw for me.

I pretty much dealt with the megaserver change, and the timetabled boss spawn followed because of this.

with dragonite ore being the only thing left for me to gather, all i can do now is wait. wait for boss x, wait for boss y or wait for boss z. Oh i missed one? to kittening bad, please wait an hour or three and try again.

Games stop becomming gamse when i actualyl have to shedule a planning to get kitten done. I play games to play them M I N D L E S S L Y, excep this game forces everyone to do the exact opposite, preferably togheter, and only in 6 minutes.

One more update like this and i’m donating my account to a new kid who might consider himself fortunate untill he discovers how weak of garbage this end game in here really is.

A question about GW2

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

More than 6 months ago, people were also claiming gw2 is gonna loose people because of this and that. At that point, I had to quit not because of the game, but work, real life stuff. Recently I tried playing. And from the numbers I see in dungeons or wvw, it seems it hasn’t gone down much tbh. These “gw2 is gonna loose players if they don’t do A, or B, or C” serve as a poor attempt for suggesting what could be better done for the game. It’s more of a whine really, when their suggestions aren’t done/haven’t happened.

Did you take into account that 6 months ago there were no megaservers (which I know don’t affect WvW or Dungeons, but come on those are instances with a fixed population cap and completely useless in judging population health)? If you notice the same population patterns now, after the megaserver merge, that indicates a massive hemorrhaging of players.

(edited by NewTrain.7549)

A question about GW2

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

More than 6 months ago, people were also claiming gw2 is gonna loose people because of this and that. At that point, I had to quit not because of the game, but work, real life stuff. Recently I tried playing. And from the numbers I see in dungeons or wvw, it seems it hasn’t gone down much tbh. These “gw2 is gonna loose players if they don’t do A, or B, or C” serve as a poor attempt for suggesting what could be better done for the game. It’s more of a whine really, when their suggestions aren’t done/haven’t happened.

Did you take into account that 6 months ago there were no megaservers (which I know don’t affect WvW or Dungeons, but come on those are instances with a fixed population cap and completely useless in judging population health)? If you notice the same population patterns now, after the megaserver merge, that indicates a massive hemorrhaging of players.

Now you have gone and done it! You used logic and math to disprove his point. ;-)

A question about GW2

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

I think a lot of players are hibernating now that the living story is over and the WvW season has ended.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

I think a lot of players are hibernating now that the living story is over and the WvW season has ended.

Yes, I guess I am Hibernating. I am playing another game, and having fun, Hibernating from this One, until I see where the devs are taking it. NO expansion after 2 years… No New classes, no new skills, No new maps.. just Living Story?

This game is feeling Like it’s being done on the cheap…except for the gem store… and the PR department, and the Forum Moderators.

The " game" feels pretty Much Like an afterthought, to keep people logging in… but it Just feels like it’s all about the gem store.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

A question about GW2

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

^ I was kind of enjoying your post until the last part about GW2 being a WoW clone. I’m not even going to say anything other than: have you actually played WoW before?

the two things that are directly from WoW and are just as horrible:
1.) gear grind, you might not have to do an insane dungeon to hope for a drop but then again, you have a better chance of getting the gear trough a drop then to farm for it like in GW2.
2.) gear centric, one thing GW1 did perfectly right but GW2 did horribly wrong is to make gear the top priority as it is in WoW, it should’ve bin a cosmetic thing and nothing else.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Gear grind .. really ? The only character i had to grind a little for gear was my very first 80, all later had full exotic sets as soon as they were 80.

Also a full exotic set now is maybe even cheaper than in the first months and new player can earn much more money now, so its maybe even not a big problem now with the first character.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The same kind of “knight” and “marionette” fights are the final straw for me.

I pretty much dealt with the megaserver change, and the timetabled boss spawn followed because of this.

with dragonite ore being the only thing left for me to gather, all i can do now is wait. wait for boss x, wait for boss y or wait for boss z. Oh i missed one? to kittening bad, please wait an hour or three and try again.

Games stop becomming gamse when i actualyl have to shedule a planning to get kitten done. I play games to play them M I N D L E S S L Y, excep this game forces everyone to do the exact opposite, preferably togheter, and only in 6 minutes.

One more update like this and i’m donating my account to a new kid who might consider himself fortunate untill he discovers how weak of garbage this end game in here really is.

There are tons of forums posts asking for less mindless zerg content and more difficult content and here you are complaining that GW2’s content isn’t mindless enough? HUH?

Dragonite is one of the easiest things to farm for in GW2 because you can actually farm for it. There are guaranteed dragonite ore drops from bosses every 15min. If you wanted to mindlessly farm dragonite you can, compared to pretty much anything else in this game. Sure there’s a soft cap on how quickly you can collect dragonite, but so what? In MMOs you need create long-term goals, not short-term ones.

As for pavilion: have you actually been a part of a cohesive group in the Pavilion? It’s awesome. You can clearly see the difference in play styles. Players who put the effort into coordinating and leading reap gold level rewards, which are great. But on the flipside, if you are player like you who wants to play mindlessly, guess what! You can! The same exact content! You will just end up in bronze category and get a lesser reward. This 6min figure you are crying about doesn’t mean you get nothing if you can’t do it in 6min, it means you get extra rewards if you can. Either way you are rewarded.

They really have made it so players that want to play together and coordinate can experience content and be rewarded for playing that way, and also for players who want to not think and not play cohesively (mindlessly), all while playing the same content. I honestly think you don’t know what you want from a game. You want to play mindlessly but get the exact same rewards as players who play strategically and coordinate, is that it?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

A question about GW2

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Now you have gone and done it! You used logic and math to disprove his point. ;-)

I myself have noticed even with megaservers that even mid areas are completely empty most days. I guess since they nerfed all open world farming everyone is in Eotm.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

A question about GW2

tigirius.9014

^ I was kind of enjoying your post until the last part about GW2 being a WoW clone. I’m not even going to say anything other than: have you actually played WoW before?

1.) gear grind, you might not have to do an insane dungeon to hope for a drop but then again, you have a better chance of getting the gear trough a drop then to farm for it like in GW2.
2.) gear centric, one thing GW1 did perfectly right but GW2 did horribly wrong is to make gear the top priority as it is in WoW, it should’ve bin a cosmetic thing and nothing else.

I love this post. In WoW even before they went casual it was possible to get a few pieces of currency and buy a piece of armor without spending years in the same dungeon. I tried myself to get even the AC things (you would think since it’s one of the first dungeons players encounter it would be quick to do a single run and then get a reward but no.) we barely made it with a good team and two guards. What gets me is the tiny bit of currency. I went out to see what I could get with it. Absolutely nothing. Is it any wonder why people preferred crafting in this title to running dungeons early on?

Agree with you on the stats thing. When they announced early on that it might be cosmetic only I thought AWESOME! that would be a real change. but alas no. Last minute decisions in the wrong directions/lack of knowledge of mmo development history seems to be this game’s problem.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Gear is NOT a top priority in GW2, the players are making it a priority (you only need Ascended items if you are doing high lvl fractals). Heck, I even have a character that I WvW with that still has green items equipped. If it were true, that GW2 is equipment-centric, I shouldn’t be as competitive as I am.

People keep mistaking the ‘I want to look unique’ with ‘this gear is needed or I am toast’. There is NO GEAR GRIND in this game – the players are doing that to themselves.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

A question about GW2

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

People keep mistaking the ‘I want to look unique’ with ‘this gear is needed or I am toast’. There is NO GEAR GRIND in this game – the players are doing that to themselves.

Bad habits die hard. I curse you World of Warcraft.. I curse you and your tiers of gear that make me grind ascended items I don’t even need.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

The farming trains in the starter zones were removed for a good reason. It makes a bad impression on newbies if they get told pressing 1 and f is what most of this game will be about.
Removing these trains and designing new conent in a way that the “throw more players at it” tactic wont give the same reward as coordinated tactics do is a very good thing. PvE in this game is still considered as complete faceroll, and while this is still mostly the case, the recent changes left at least some cracks in this image.
Trying to focus the “high end stuff” only into pvp wont do you good. More and more people will eventually get bored if they don’t get at least some challenge. Not everyone likes PvE, but not everyone likes PvP either, having only “endgame” in one of these two isn’t good for the population of your game.

Regarding the dungeon rewards. Dungeon rewards are in a very poor spot at the moment.
The way the current reward system works is that you get the best reward by running every dungeonpath once per day. A second run yields barely any loot.
This basically unleashed the cof1/coe zerker crowd onto all other dungeons. Most $$$$COF1 %%% SPEEDURN %%% 1 ZERKERWAR %%% PING GEAR $$$$ kind of player didn’t quit the game, they just searched for the next best way to make gold. People called that this “zerker elitism” will spread and indeed it did.
Counteracting the inflation caused by cof1farmers and farmtrains was important, the path taken isn’t the best however. Rather than just nerfing ways to get gold, new ways to aquire the “items with high demand” like certain runes/armors/precursors should be added aswell. Everything within limits of course.

RIP game 2012-2014

A question about GW2

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

As well as this the queensdale train was a huge problem for the state of the game as new players who have just created their character not only saw constant toxicity in the mapchat from the sheep but they got sucked into thinking that following a mindless train zerg was how the game was meant to be played and failed to actually explore the rest of the world.
/thread.

The only time QD train became heated was when someone was actively and quite purposefully antagonizing it. Kind of like the terms you are using against your fellow players in this thread. And, to even mention EotM and use PvE as some derogatory term too??? Sounds like you just don’t like seeing others have fun or be rewarded in game.

The dev’s would be wise to leave EotM alone and stop antagonizing the majority of their customers. Attempting to force players into playing in a fashion they do not wish to is not a good idea. There’s a big difference in encouraging and forcing. The dev’s should be mindful of it.

I guess you were ofline the 5 days out of 7 when the people on the QD train would Literally curse out players for taking a champion out of turn….

or is it your position that mearly takinga champion By yourself qualifies as " antagonizing the champ train"?

Could it be you feel the champions all belonged to the Champ train?

FGS has always been more civil* than Queensdale, but that might be changing. Last night there was some anal fissure cursing out the fact that quaggan and troll had been killed out of order. That’s not normal for FGS (typical reaction is “meh”), and I hope it doesn’t continue.

EDIT * EXCEPT during the aetherblades champion debacle.

A question about GW2

KarateKid.5648

“Is GW2 trying to lose players?”

I really doubt it.

/thread

15chars!

A question about GW2

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

I’m not disregarding what you say about Guildwars 2 being a more relaxing experience for an mmo overall but there comes a point when people just want more of a challenge something to work towards like a wall to get over not only alone but with friends and guild mates. The whole game is currently built around casual players but there becomes a point where people want/need more progression. Before anyone says go play <mmo> here if you want a challenge I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t love this game for what it is.

I agree. There should be more challenging open-world content, but for smaller groups, since the bigger groups already have Wurm and Tequatl.

Champ trains are so ridiculous, and they need to be stopped, whether it’s in Queensdale, or in Frostgorge, or anywhere. It’s just a big zerg, running from champ to champ, with no challenge or strategy, at all.

Anet needs to kill them once and for all, and stop encouraging it.

The easiest solution is to just put them on random timers. They could’ve also made them available as guild missions.

Once champ trains are gone, then players will start doing other content again, such as temples, dungeons, etc.

As it is currently, endgame for gw2, is seeing 50+ people running in circles from champ to champ, because it’s currently the fastest way to get loot. This doesn’t happen in other MMOs, and it just feels like amateur game-design.

Quick solution: Random timers & Zone-wide announcement that a champ spawned.

Oh yeah, by all means, kill the champ trains. But don’t come crying to me when the price of t6 mats SKYROCKETS and you have to pay for them through the teeth.

A question about GW2

KarateKid.5648

I’m not disregarding what you say about Guildwars 2 being a more relaxing experience for an mmo overall but there comes a point when people just want more of a challenge something to work towards like a wall to get over not only alone but with friends and guild mates. The whole game is currently built around casual players but there becomes a point where people want/need more progression. Before anyone says go play <mmo> here if you want a challenge I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t love this game for what it is.

I agree. There should be more challenging open-world content, but for smaller groups, since the bigger groups already have Wurm and Tequatl.

Champ trains are so ridiculous, and they need to be stopped, whether it’s in Queensdale, or in Frostgorge, or anywhere. It’s just a big zerg, running from champ to champ, with no challenge or strategy, at all.

The easiest solution is to just put them on random timers. They could’ve also made them available as guild missions.

Once champ trains are gone, then players will start doing other content again, such as temples, dungeons, etc.

As it is currently, endgame for gw2, is seeing 50+ people running in circles from champ to champ, because it’s currently the fastest way to get loot. This doesn’t happen in other MMOs, and it just feels like amateur game-design.

Oh yeah, by all means, kill the champ trains. But don’t come crying to me when the price of t6 mats SKYROCKETS and you have to pay for them through the teeth.

I don’t agree with the rest of this post, but that last line actually sounds like a good idea! Whether as a replacement or in addition to existing champs, I don’t know; but it would generate a little excitement and improve upon DE’s (which currently only announce in a given radius).

A question about GW2

sorudo.9054

Gear is NOT a top priority in GW2, the players are making it a priority (you only need Ascended items if you are doing high lvl fractals). Heck, I even have a character that I WvW with that still has green items equipped. If it were true, that GW2 is equipment-centric, I shouldn’t be as competitive as I am.

so in short, gear is top priority.
try to get in a group with rare or masterwork gear, good luck with that…..

A question about GW2

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I love this post. In WoW even before they went casual it was possible to get a few pieces of currency and buy a piece of armor without spending years in the same dungeon. I tried myself to get even the AC things (you would think since it’s one of the first dungeons players encounter it would be quick to do a single run and then get a reward but no.) we barely made it with a good team and two guards. What gets me is the tiny bit of currency. I went out to see what I could get with it. Absolutely nothing. Is it any wonder why people preferred crafting in this title to running dungeons early on?

Agree with you on the stats thing. When they announced early on that it might be cosmetic only I thought AWESOME! that would be a real change. but alas no. Last minute decisions in the wrong directions/lack of knowledge of mmo development history seems to be this game’s problem.

I’m sure the hundreds if not thousands of players with tons of Ascalon tokens would beg to differ. AC is one of the easiest, if not the easiest dungeon to complete and get tokens from. It’s one of the most farmed dungeons because it is so easy.

Whatever group you ran it with may not have been as good as you think they were. Play with an actual good team and you will be flooded with more tokens than you can shake a fist at.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

A question about GW2

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Every day I open up the forums and browse through general discussion. And every day I see this thread… And I can’t take it anymore….

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS ASURA, EDIT THE TITLE… IT’S LOSE NOT LOOSE.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Only players that MISTAKENLY think Ascended gear is REQUIRED think this game has GEAR GRIND. It does not.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

A question about GW2

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Every day I open up the forums and browse through general discussion. And every day I see this thread… And I can’t take it anymore….

LOL! Here I thought I was the only one. It hurts me every time I read the title.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

A question about GW2

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

1) That 5% increase in stats is really going to make a difference.
2) When was gear a top priority? Gear type is, but not the gear itself. Going in Ascended zerker armor is basically the same thing as going in Exotic zerker armor.

A question about GW2

NewTrain.7549

If gear carries such minimal weight, then why isn’t everyone running around in full whites/blues/greens? Please explain.

A question about GW2

Xae Isareth.1364

If gear carries such minimal weight, then why isn’t everyone running around in full whites/blues/greens? Please explain.

Because exotics are so easy to get. When people talk about gear having ‘weight’ they usually mean the jump from exotic to ascended.

A question about GW2

NewTrain.7549

Because exotics are so easy to get. When people talk about gear having ‘weight’ they usually mean the jump from exotic to ascended.

If an increase in stats was as meaningless as people are trying to claim, those “easy to get” exotics would be thrown into the magic toilet, sold, or broken down; not equipped.

That fact is, people arguing that gear carries little weight are drawing an arbitrary line at which tier is appropriate to wear. If they were actually true to their argument, they’d wear whites (or nothing at all). They don’t however, which showcases that even they don’t believe what they say.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

making the game harder and nerfing gold farming methods accomplishes two things

1. people who are dedicated players who like to farm for stuff will quite, making server load lighter
2. people who aren’t so dedicated but still want gold will end up spending even more money on buying gold because it’s now impossible to make gold by playing the game

it’s very easy to understand these kind of situations once you face the fact that it’s all about the money

inb4 “omg how dare anet try to make money blah blah blah”

yes, anet deserves money for content. however, taking present content and making it harder is not content, and therefore not deserving of money.

it’s sad to say that i’m thinking about leaving too, for wildstar

huh, since the update, I made well over 160 gold. And I wasn’t trying. I have friends who make MUCH more. I must be doing something wrong.

Look, in all seriousness, they never intended the game to be played with things like nonstop champ trains in queensdale and such; its never what they wanted the game to be, and really, if all you are doing is queensdale trains all day long…. sounds terribly boring to me.

A question about GW2

Xae Isareth.1364

If you are struggling in AC, you don’t have a good team. Period. In fact, you have a bad team.

AC is one of the easiest dungeons in the game, and you can tell it is because its a dungeon which is near the top of everyone’s daily rotation list.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

so in short, gear is top priority.
try to get in a group with rare or masterwork gear, good luck with that…..

It is not – if you think it is – well you may be missing players who know how to play their professions rather than just relying on gear. That comes from other games. YOUR LOSS, NOT MINE…

GW1 was the exact same way. People would always say, LFG with max equip. only!! it only made roughly 0.1% from the max to the next level – that is not much.

To Xae Isareth.1364 – The difference between Exotics and Ascended is so miniscule in damage – like max 5% (based on other people’s calculations) and that is not much for the amount of money and time it takes to get them. I will take a person who knows their profession over a person who just ground out the max armor to be “UBER” – they still die the same….

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

A question about GW2

sorudo.9054

If you are struggling in AC, you don’t have a good team. Period. In fact, you have a bad team.

AC is one of the easiest dungeons in the game, and you can tell it is because its a dungeon which is near the top of everyone’s daily rotation list.

if it’s so “easy”, why do ppl constantly force ppl to play a certain build or scram?
answer me that question, just try it.

A question about GW2

Nerelith.7360

if it’s so “easy”, why do ppl constantly force ppl to play a certain build or scram?

My opinion is, because a Lot of Players want to do speed clears. Which to me sounds Like a " this is a chore, let’s Just get it over and done with" not." This is fun and engaging content."

If we had More of the latter, we would also have less of the former.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

A question about GW2

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

The difference between Exotics and Ascended is so miniscule in damage – like max 5% (based on other people’s calculations)

It’s 5% minimum. The ascended weapon base damage is an increase of 5%.

A question about GW2

sorudo.9054

My opinion is, because a Lot of Players want to do speed clears. Which to me sounds Like a " this is a chore, let’s Just get it over and done with" not." This is fun and engaging content."

the only way that happens is when dungeons uses teamwork instead of spamming elite enemies, a sequence of stepping stones for the team to solve can go a long way.
it might sound lame but eventually small things like that makes all the difference.

A question about GW2

Xae Isareth.1364

Name one MMO where people don’t do speedclears and you don’t ever get groups asking for specific builds or gearchecks. Just name me one.

The truth is, when you have done something 50+ times, no matter how great it is, you don’t do it just for fun anymore.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

People like this are probably “poor little rich kids”(as I like to call them) and has bucket loads of money to buy gems to exchang for in-game gold. Nothing like having deep pockets so as to not have to EARN their goods.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

A question about GW2

Im Mudbone.1437

Only players that MISTAKENLY think Ascended gear is REQUIRED think this game has GEAR GRIND. It does not.

You’re right, it’s a gem store grind. {:-þ

A question about GW2

tigirius.9014

I’m sure the hundreds if not thousands of players with tons of Ascalon tokens would beg to differ. AC is one of the easiest, if not the easiest dungeon to complete and get tokens from. It’s one of the most farmed dungeons because it is so easy.

Whatever group you ran it with may not have been as good as you think they were. Play with an actual good team and you will be flooded with more tokens than you can shake a fist at.

You mean all be zerker and stack which is a mechanic that they changed in multiple dungeons just recently with their unannounced patch notes? The point is (which you missed) that this game not only was supposed to be NOT about dungeons but it’s following a very old system of too many currencies (one per dungeon) and it’s also following a rather terrible version of the earliest dungeon currency system which other games have evolved into much better systems. It’s sad when the game mentioned above, actually has more diversity than GW2 when it comes to rewards. The 2 currencies used in WoW are what’s used for everything from armor upgrades to new skins, and guess what, you don’t have to run a single dungeon to gather them which is exactly what I expected this game to be when i heard multiple interviews with the devs during beta.

We got something entirely different instead.

(edited by tigirius.9014)

A question about GW2

Nerelith.7360

You mean all be zerker and stack which is a mechanic that they changed in multiple dungeons just recently with their unannounced patch notes? The point is (which you missed) that this game not only was supposed to be NOT about dungeons but it’s following a very old system of too many currencies (one per dungeon) and it’s also following a rather terrible version of the earliest dungeon currency system which other games have evolved into much better systems. It’s sad when the game mentioned above, actually has more diversity than GW2 when it comes to rewards. The 2 currencies used in WoW are what’s used for everything from armor upgrades to new skins, and guess what, you don’t have to run a single dungeon to gather them which is exactly what I expected this game to be when i heard multiple interviews with the devs during beta.

I think the term Bait and switch is appropriate. See for me.. if I Love a game call it XYX… and then I hear XYZ 2, is being released by the makrs of XYZ.. I expect some of the core mechanics to remain.

When XYZ 2 is released…. and it feels Like " generic MMO" with an XYZ skin tossed on top … I begin to feel I got took.

A question about GW2

Im Mudbone.1437

I think the term Bait and switch is appropriate. See for me.. if I Love a game call it XYX… and then I hear XYZ 2, is being released by the makrs of XYZ.. I expect some of the core mechanics to remain.

When XYZ 2 is released…. and it feels Like " generic MMO" with an XYZ skin tossed on top … I begin to feel I got took.

That’s EXACTLY what it is. Class action lawsuit?

A question about GW2

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

They have a partnership with Camelot Unchained I think xD

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

A question about GW2

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

All the last patch/update of gw2 have made the game harder. Trains are gone (queensdale and old frostforge) and dungeons are getting harder (some of the old tactics dont work anymore). People are quitting the game because best itens are almost impossible to buy and the best ways to make gold are being destroyed by gw2. From my usual group of friends to create a party (about 13 people), only 3 of them keep playing everyday since the last update. Im getting frustraded too and i just dont get what is the point of this.

thanks.

Maybe. But this will probably only cause them to lose the types of players who lack skill, patience, dedication, commitment, who aren’t willing invest in time and effort into the game, but still feel entitled to the same high end cosmetics as those who are willing to work for it.

On the other hand, Anet may be trying to keep/gain/entice the dedicated type of players who want to distinguish themselves from others by their skill and level of investment in the game.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Gear is a top priority in EVERY mmo because it is progression. MMO’s are all about progression not just through levels, but through gear, dungeons, ranks, skills, and even traits. People want the best gear and highest level they can get, that is basic mmo 101.

The stuff you’re spewing right now is akin to saying you don’t need max level. You can WvW without max level and you can do almost all the dungeons without max level so clearly leveling isn’t a top priority either. The problem with that argument and yours though is you’re purposefully putting yourself at a disadvantage to prove the point. When I’m playing a MMO I want to be the best that I possibly can. If you’re not in the best gear there is always that question of “if I had better gear maybe I wouldn’t have died.” In WvW there is a big advantage in having ascended over greens. Unless the person in full ascended is much less skilled than the person in greens or the greens player has some sort of other advantage, the better geared player wins.

What makes gear in GW2 grindy(yes even exotics) is what you have to do to get it. Most of the time it’s grinding gold, which is boring after the first hour meaning you get to spend hours bored out of your mind. Then there is crafting, which you need to farm the mats for, once again boring farming. Dungeons? Again you need to run the dungeons a lot, which isn’t helped that most of the “unique” paths are pretty much the same with semi-different bosses. Karma? You might as well farm gold since they basically abandoned it. The best part is that you’ll want multiple sets, so grind it all again!

Everything in this game you do in order to get gear is repetitive and BORING, aka grindy. There is zero fun to be had in trying to put together another set of armor. Say what you might about vanilla WoW but at least most of the things you did to get gear were fun or challenging. Every boss was a chance at good loot and as much as you dreaded rolling bad there was still that anticipation of that loot dropping. In GW2 every boss is vendor trash and the only anticipation you have is whether you’re bags were too full of vendor trash.

A question about GW2

Posted by: LimitBreaker.4165

LimitBreaker.4165

This ^ Hahahaha

A question about GW2

Posted by: cryforthemoon.9326

cryforthemoon.9326

Honestly, If I wanted to have challenge, serious bussiness, mix maxing and drama, I would be better raiding in WOW.

I’m playing GW2 instead of Wow because Guild Wars 2 is more nice, relaxing, casual. People actually work together instead of competing. You can play the way you like. Nobody will kick of the dungeon for not having certain achievs or Gearscore.
Or so I was told.
Everyday the game looks more and more elitist and mean in general.

Add the thing that anet has for temporary content and PvC (Player vs Clock) and I starting to think that I made a big mistake.
It’s a shame, because the game itself is really nice. I love the visuals and art style. The cooperative style of play (no killsteal, only helping, yeay!).

In some places there’s a nice and welcoming athmosphere, like in the Cliffs. But in others…

PD: It’s funny, people still complains of the toxicity of the QD train… I witness toxicity everywhere. One group particulary toxic is the train haters. Irony?

For the topic of the temp content, Anet have confirmed that they have seen the light and the whole next living story is all perm content which can’t be complained about.

Yes there people who were against the Queensdale train could be toxic and yes not everyone is polite but I spend a lot of time in Queensdale myself as it is a great place to do dailies and the amount of times I have seen a new player for example at the champion troll event pick up the stone and try to fight it only to be verbally abused over map chat for literally doing the content how it is expected in the game is unprecedented.

I’m happy that the champs are no longer champs. The fact that you can solo them at about lvl 16 well I have no problem there. It really has stopped the Queensdale train and forced people out into the world.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

When they’re ready.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I don’t think they are trying to lose players. And the problem for me started with the lost souls (sic) patch in 11/12. People need to get the history right. This is the point where they were no longer driven by a vision and just began floundering around trying to produce a game that people didn’t complain about. The sad thing is that they did have the vision of what a great game should be. It was gone by 11/12. Just wanted to correct the history here.

(edited by Raine.1394)

A question about GW2

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

It could just be me but, since the launch of the megaserver, it appears, to me at least, that more people are playing.

A question about GW2

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

It could just be me but, since the launch of the megaserver, it appears, to me at least, that more people are playing.

Yes, you are seeing more players on each map, yet the total number of players is smaller than a month and a half ago. Anet gave us the Megazerger 2 months ago without checking it’s viability as well as what effects it would have on the player base. Personally I know of at least 15 people who have stopped playing (thus, buying no gems) in the past 2 months. But yeah, the world looks rosy since maps are fuller, it’s just that we’re condensed.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

A question about GW2

Nerelith.7360

I always said that Gw2 would be an awesome game, if Anet stood by it’s vision, and kept faith in that players would support it for doing so.

The problem seems to be that it heard a Bunch of uncommited people whining and moaning, and decided to court them by caving in to their desires.

BAD BAD BAD.

You never cave to whiners, that just encourages more whiners.

A developer needs to have faith in their vision, philosophy, and manifesto, and realize..a LOT of their customers BOUGHT the game because they agreed with them. THESE players will support Anet, as Long as Anet shows it will stick by it’s beliefs.

When Anet caved…. They lost faith, and some left, some stayed, and have been vocal.

Me I am Playing Guild Wars again… which is interesting since, all they needed to do to have an awesome game was graphically update it. I would have payed to play THAT game.

A question about GW2

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Is gw2 trying to loose players?

YEP. Because the players are WAY too TIGHT. Get IT? :DDDDDDD