A question about world exploration

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nateedubs.8053

nateedubs.8053

Hello,

I’ve completed the world exploration for the Eternal Battlegrounds and my server’s Borderlands.

My question is, do I have to do the borderlands of the other servers as well?

Also, I’ve noticed that there isn’t a easy way to track how many more points of interest/vistas you have in mulitplayer areas like there is in pve areas. Is there a way to know if you got all the exploration done in the Eternal Battlegrounds?

Thanks.

Posted by: Niraven.9417

Niraven.9417

If you’re going for the World Completion achievement, you don’t need to complete the WvW maps. However, if you’re completing them just because, you will need to complete each borderland individually.

Mains: Momoka Mu (Charr Ranger), Rush of the Inquest (Asura Engineer)
Server: Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

No. The WvW is no longer needed for World Completion.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

You may want to check out the Wiki on what is needed for map completion and what is not needed.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_completion
What is needed for the Explorer Achievements is also on that page. There a few more things needed for the explorer stuff.

nateedubs.8053

Thanks, now I feel dumb for doing all that lmao. At least I didn’t do the other borderland areas.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Thanks, now I feel dumb for doing all that lmao. At least I didn’t do the other borderland areas.

Don’t feel dumb. I still complete WvW mapping on new characters even though it is no longer required. At the very least it seems worthwhile to get all the hero points. If you ever decide to actually play any WvW, it will be useful to have all the PoI. If you do all that, you might as well just do the vistas too.

In case you didn’t know, your server’s borderland will switch from week to week on a semi-random rotation. You might have, say, the red borderland this week and the blue next week. So you might want to wait until a particular borderland is assigned to your world before exploring it, since that will make it a little easier.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s not that dumb. It was mandatory to get all 3 borderlands + EB for a long while, but it was changed to needing none due to feedback

nateedubs.8053

It would have been nice to at least get some kind of reward for exploring the eternal battlegrounds, like you do for finishing pve areas.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It would have been nice to at least get some kind of reward for exploring the eternal battlegrounds, like you do for finishing pve areas.

Indeed. Second that idea. I’d like to have an “WvW Map Completion” achievement. I worked hard getting all those vistas and poi’s.