A question for A-Net - About Legendary Items.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Recently I’ve been going all out to get my legendary finished. While doing so I’ve also been reading up on a subject of great interest to me – legendary weapon stats and transmuting.

There’s been a lot of back and forth over the forums about whether a Transmuted Legendary still retains its legendary status. So far the official claim is that it does. However some people have pointed out that vendors do not recognize the weapon rarity and neither does the log when you equip/unequip it.

One of the questions then is simple – If I transmute an exotic weapon’s stats onto my legendary does it remain lengedary? And I’m asking about the game’s code here not about the color and font of the text that gives me the weapon’s name. What I want to know is if the game’s internal database now stores it like an exotic or as a legendary.

The other question is about the upgrade Legendaries are supposed to receive once the ascended weapons come out. Will this upgrade include transmuted legendaries or just “vanilla” legendaries that come with the default ( and bad ) stats of PTV.

My questions i think come out of a reasonable amount of concern about these weapons. A legendary weapon is a serious commitment of both time and resources.
Considering that and the fact that Arena Net is considering them a key incentive to keep players in the game I think it’s about time we get some serious, straight forward answers.
I’ve seen the answers in the other threads that the staff game – " we’re working on it" ; " we’ll look into it " etc.
I know the staff at Arena Net are working hard but I don’t think giving us some proper answers that would put many to ease would be that hard. The questions I’ve asked I believe are not only answerable but also key to giving the players a better idea about what’s going on with an aspect of the game that is very near and dear to many of us.

Thanks if you took the time to read this.
I’d like to hear other opinions and I’d like to ask people to keep this bumped and share it around so that we might finally get an answer.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

There have been a plethora of threads about this topic, and we’ve never gotten any official response about transmuting legendary weapons and whether or not they’ll be upgraded to ascended, and honestly I don’t think Anet is going to give any responses till ascended weapons do come out.

Think of it this way, even if the game doesn’t recognize a transmuted legendary weapons as ‘legendary’, there’s nothing keeping you from transmuting your legendary weapon onto ascended stats once ascended weapons are released. And anyways, why wouldn’t you want to transmute a PVT legendary weapon? It’s not like ascended PVT is going to help you any more than exotic PVT, so you might as well use the stats you want now.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

That’s mainly what I want to do. The only problem here is that this is a decision that players might want to make in an informed state.
I’m sure there are people who might want the PVT stats. And it’s not really about the stats. It’s about the weapon’s status that’s being lost. It’s also about the fact that keeping players in the dark is never great. I’ve begun to see a trend with A-Net going more and more down this road of keeping the community in the dark.

Also – ascended weapons will be hard as hell to get. Why should someone who has worked for his legendary have to put in that extra work to get an ascended to transmute when he already has a legendary made. It makes no sense.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”