A rant about legendaries.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

Chasing a legendary weapons in like chasing a carrot on a string. It gets more difficult each day. ArenaNet had said that the plan for legendary weapons was to create a long term goal. The way it stands right now, the sooner you get one the better it is. I can’t imagine this is working as intended considering ArenaNet intended for legendary weapons to be a long term goal, the longer it takes the more difficult it becomes. I remember a time when Dusk was 20 gold on the Trading Post, when lodestones were less than a gold, now they increase in value every day. I don’t want to hear people say things like, it gets easier to make gold and so things are more expensive. That really isn’t true, sure you can farm Fractals of the Mists all day but ArenaNet specifically said they didn’t want people to “grind” in this game, well ArenaNet you’re forcing our hands, if we don’t “grind” then our goals get farther away each day. It does nothing but punish casual player and in all honesty I don’t think ArenaNet has a scavenger hunt planned, the comment was something about giving precursors a more scavenger hunt feel, which could mean anything from putting a few more chests in the world to slightly increasing the drop rate. None of these things are viable solutions, people are controlling the precursor market and that is disgusting, people who got lucky and made a lot of gold early will continue to make more money from their money and those of us who might have played 1000 hours already from the first day of head-start access and weren’t quite so lucky will forever be broke.

(edited by Giles Marchand.6970)

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

inb4 “stop whingeing” posts, deletion, same old tired points from both sides and a complete and utter lack of anything being done anytime soon about it.

Oh and infraction, possibly of this too…. 0_0 I R PSYCHIC

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

I’m not going to get an infraction, I’m not calling out ArenNet in any way. I think a simple solution would be to add a system when listing something for more than XXX amount of gold results in a listing expiration. It would encourage people to sell to the highest offer or to price something reasonably so that they wouldn’t lose the listing fee once their listing expired. This would also keep people from total market control but might be killed with people undercutting by one copper, that could also be tweaked, like forcing you to make a listing for the same price or at least XX gold/silver higher or at least XX gold/silver lower.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

inb4 “stop whingeing” posts, deletion, same old tired points from both sides and a complete and utter lack of anything being done anytime soon about it.

Watch out, you might get an infraction for saying someone might get an infraction. It spreads like wildfire around here!

To on a more serious note, yes I feel like the legendary quest should be balanced every month at least so that it doesn’t become too difficult nor too easy, but sticks in the same level. With that they also need to upgrade current legendaries and give us new ones.. real bad.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

I’m not going to get an infraction, I’m not calling out ArenNet in any way. I think a simple solution would be to add a system when listing something for more than XXX amount of gold results in a listing expiration. It would encourage people to sell to the highest offer or to price something reasonably so that they wouldn’t lose the listing fee once their listing expired. This would also keep people from total market control but might be killed with people undercutting by one copper, that could also be tweaked, like forcing you to make a listing for the same price or at least XX gold/silver higher or at least XX gold/silver lower.

You make it sound like there is any rhyme or reason to the infractions handed out here? you’re too naive

Also they’re not going to make the market easier to use the game needs to retain it’s “TP tycoon: Tyrian edition” feeling to keep the power traders playing ya know? in case little billy noobypants actually gets a legendary and devalues it for everyone that bought them?

Watch out, you might get an infraction for saying someone might get an infraction. It spreads like wildfire around here!

To on a more serious note, yes I feel like the legendary quest should be balanced every month at least so that it doesn’t become too difficult nor too easy, but sticks in the same level. With that they also need to upgrade current legendaries and give us new ones.. real bad.

What legendaries? There’s nothing legendary about them? :S

Like seriously, you can just buy one, are they to be a symbol of legendary greed? legendary disposable income? what is LEGENDARY about them? XD

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Nothing right now, no. But at least, if they’re not going to make us do legendary things(aside from legendary farming), please keep them always cost around the same. Getting gold hasn’t gotten any easier, so why do late-adopers have to do twice the work compared to earlier ones? Just stupid.

With that said, I also don’t understand why 1 handed legendaries take same amount of work as 2 handed one’s. Now that’s just dumb.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals