A really good PvE class?

A really good PvE class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sharingandid.1540

Sharingandid.1540

Besides warriors btw.

All I need is a really good class for PvE content and just the game itself, not PvP since I absolutely despise PvP in anyway in just about any game. So can somebody recommend me some good ones? Thanks!

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Mesmer, thief, ranger, guardian, necromancer, Engineer, elementalist.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Mesmer, once you get used to it it is great fun and can survive well in all aspects of PvE. Plus Mesmers have some skills other party members like such as mass invis, time warp and portals. Going solo in jumping puzzles portals are very handy as well for that jump, you know, that jump, which you wished you had a second chance at. Drop a portal and if you miss the jump you have that second chance.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

PVE is incredibly easy. Just pick whatever class you enjoy playing the most, or like the idea of, or looks the best in gear, or whatever.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

A really good PvE class?

Sharingandid.1540

Dungeons are also part of PvE.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Yes and Mesmers do well in dungeons which is why I said all aspects of PvE. Time warp can be a pretty handy elite skill for those tough fights in close quarters.

The Burninator

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Ele of course! It’s so satisfying to play I can’t bear to play anything else now, it all bores me to tears.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: PainShot.7154

PainShot.7154

guardian its the boss on keeping party alive. perma proteciton on hammer, and one of the few stability shared profesions,and the only shared aegis spam, great for some 1 hit bosses on dungeons.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

I suggest you try them all. Different people like different classes. For instance, I’ve got friends that really enjoy mesmer, but I’m not really a fan of it. That is except when I take people through jumping puzzles…the portal skill comes in very handy to pick people back up.

Personally, I like guardian, ranger and elementalist (in addition to warrior). And I also do only PvE (also not a fan of PvP).

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

And are ridiculously easy. Especially when compared to other games, but even taken on their own merits they aren’t that hard.

The only class I’d stay away from is Ranger. Their class mechanic hobbles the entire rest of the class by linking it to GW2’s pathetic mob AI, then balancing it all around the idea that the pet is working properly 100% of the time.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You won’t go wrong with a warrior, unless you really suck (I hope not).

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

For Open World PvE I highly enjoy the Ranger class; I have 5 currently and am going to be making a 6th soon. It has some pretty serious pet AI issues, but it’s manageable with a little practice of directing/recalling your pet coupled with where you place yourself and your traps (if you use them). Arctodus is good for holding aggro while you pummel your enemies and it has decent attack damage as well. I also recommend one of the devourers for ranged pet attacks when the enemies use local AoE. Spiders also have a nice root ability to help keep enemies away instead of just tanking their hits.

I recommend having a Primary Shortbow with a Fire Sigil on it which blasts a high damage AoE of fire when it triggers on critical hits…which is actually very frequently especially when running a Berzerker stat set.

As an alternate weapon set, have a Bloodlust or Perception Sigil on a shortbow to get 25 kills for 25 stacks of either power or perception. Once you have the 25 stacks, swap out this weapon for a different one you keep in your inventory as the buff stack remains even if you do not have that weapon equipped anymore. I recommend a Greatsword of Force/Fire for melee combat or a longbow with Fire as well.

With this setup you have your high rate of fire, shorter range shortbow with blast fire aoe, 25 stacks of power/perception, an alternate melee greatsword or a longbow with blast fire aoe with farther range and damage than a shortbow, but much slower rate of fire.

Due to the Fire Sigil having a chance to trigger on critical hits, the higher rate of fire of the shortbow, coupled with very high perception (and perception stacks) to increase the likelihood for a critical hit, will allow for constant fire aoes going off over the slower rate of fire of the longbow. However, the longbow does have a very nice burst #2 skill and a long duration aoe #5 skill for when going against a large mob (centaurs in Harathi Hinterlands, etc)

Very self-sufficient class with extremely high damage output and survivability against single target enemies and large mobs. Coupled with the flame trap, spike trap and Signet of the Wild utility skills with a very rare (if ever) usage of your Troll Unguent healing skill, you can pretty much take 30+ centaurs head on with bags of loot and being surrounded by horse-man corpses as the result.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Ren.5842

Ren.5842

All I can say is I’ve never had as much fun with a class as I have with an Asura engi

Leader of Varshen, a BDO Guild
www.varshen.com

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Roll another warrior. No reason to play anything else in PvE.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Guardians would like a word with you.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

guardians are still inferior in everyday open world pve

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

guardians are still inferior in everyday open world pve

A pet monkey could do everyday open world pve. Guardians are great in dungeons and large events.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

If you like the challenge, I’d suggest elementalist. A well played ele outperforms every other class with ease.

A really good PvE class?

Sharingandid.1540

I personally found warrior to be dull and boring.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I played ranger it’s my fav class. Plus a nice companion to always help. I keep my drake out all the time. I have full map completion. Second is a tie of my guardian or my ele. I loath Mesmer and Engineer. Thief seems more like PVP then PvE to me. And I didn’t like warrior in GW1, I tried still don’t personally like it now.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Warrior………

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Warrior………

All of you saying warrior might want to actually read the first two words of the original post before responding… then maybe read the rest of it.

“Besides warriors …”

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Guardian>Warrior>Ele>Mesmer>etc.

Roll an Ele if you’re up for a challenge. They have the potential to output the most dps out of all classes, however they are balanced by being one of the most complicated classes to figure out. The downside is they are somewhat squishy and in the hands of an incompetent player they will hit the ground hard.

Arun Kar

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Mesmer is better than guardian except thrash kills while being the slowest class ever. Warrior has huge self buff capabilities while also being tanky so if you pug it’s the best choice. Also I never saw a pug not loving warriors. Thief is great for carrying bads(and blind spams) but then so is mesmer. Elementalist is great for both dps and might stacking while surviving pretty ok with lightning hammer.
Ranger is niche for speedruns and you might hate the sword root while pet aggroes the whole map. Engineer and even more necromancer are in the “who cares” area.
tl;dr Warrior.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

+1 for mesmer…

Use your bonuses/foods/craft/etc to leveling them fast and use Speed or Centaur runes… They aren’t the most fun in PvE leveling till about 40.

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

If you like the challenge, I’d suggest elementalist. A well played ele outperforms every other class with ease.

Ireally love my ele, but it took time to get used to her… my necro is my next fave. HATE that worst in character slot ranger.

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

…I keep my drake out all the time…

now what have we discussed regarding over-sharing?

:D

A really good PvE class?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I love all of them except for warrior and thief- I don’t even have those any more.
they all have their own unique playstyles and are good for different types of things.

All out fun might be Mesmer for me and Engi.

I adore Necro because she can pretty much melt trough anything and for utter freedom nothing beats Ranger

Ele and guard are not 80 yet but Guardian can pull of some incredible survival feats- Ele I suck at, so no comment there :p

Gunnar’s Hold