A request

A request

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

With the new update…..this became available…..

http://dulfy.net/2017/02/22/gw2-feb-22-current-events-guide/

Unfortunately, to have access to this, you need to have competed HoT….specifically the last story mission.

Well, I have done all of the story but the last instance. It’s just too hard for me.

The thing that makes me mad is not that I couldn’t do the last instance, but I’m going to be denied the opportunity to try the new current event mentioned above.

I paid good money for this game and I would have no problem if I couldn’t complete this new current event. All I’m asking is to be given the opportunity to try.

In other words, drop the requirement to having to finish HoT.

A request

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Saying you would have no problem not completing this content should apply to the Heart of Thorns content, as well. Jus’ sayin’.

That said; I hadn’t finished the last instance either, though I had tried several times, both alone and with a Guildie.

When the latest Current Event came out, I used the LFG, joined a party, and told them I had never finished it. We wiped once after the gliding part; re-did it and succeeded.

I suggest you try the LFG. I’m not much of one for PUGging, but it was painless and pretty quick.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

A request

Tom.6478

Thanks for replying…..just tried a pug….no one was rude …that was refreshing….still we failed. Didn’t even get close.

So here is a personal story that’s hard to do even with a group. WTH, didn’t they learn with the last story of the original GW2. Make it solo friendly. Personal story should be just that…..no need for a group.

As said, I paid my money, I should be able to try any content.

I can be the absolute worst, yet I can do raids, PVP, W vs W, jumping puzzles, but not this current event.

I want a refund…..lol

A request

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

How can you do the raids yet not be able to do, or find people capable of doing the last story instance of HoT? So no in regards to your “want a refund complaint”.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

A request

Tom.6478

Sorry….you misunderstood me.

I meant I could do a raid even though I would be lousy at it. There are no prerequisites to do a raid. The worst player in the world could at least try it.

With this current event, Anet has decided some can’t even try.

That’s my complaint.

A request

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Try another PUG. Now is the time, when lots of players want/need that instance. It’s really not that difficult; even if you end up waiting for the others up in the ‘jail’. Lol.

Good luck.

A request

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

No offence but i don’t know why you can’t solo it. I have done that twice, almost done the third time if it wasn’t bugged at rift breakbar at the final phase. My first time was succeed even with my friend being locked out after the fly phase.

Back on topic, i think the final instance is easier by using pvp or wvw build in pve gear. More self defense and survival ability, it is not something kill it before you down sort of fight. Learn the boss phase pattern in order to get ready for the fly phase.

Don’t give it up yet, the chance is there.

A request

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

all I say is.. find a party or someone to carry you.
I mean, no offence, but until recently all games used to be “play the story in order, if you get stuck, you’re stuck, there’s no skipping”

A request

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The current event is permanent. You can do it anytime after you beat the story. Dropping the requirement to beat the story defeats the entire purpose of the current event.

A request

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you’re on a US server, I can help you get through the last story. I’ve done it dozens of times now. Just hit me up in game.

A request

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

Sorry….you misunderstood me.

I meant I could do a raid even though I would be lousy at it. There are no prerequisites to do a raid. The worst player in the world could at least try it.

With this current event, Anet has decided some can’t even try.

That’s my complaint.

There are no prerequisites for raids etc as they won’t spoil the story for anyone. The current event I believe has the prerequisite to complete HoT because it contains spoilers for anyone who hasn’t yet finished it. So it makes perfect sense, otherwise players without HoT, or who haven’t finished it could inadvertently find the event and discover things that ruin the story for them.

A request

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

I soloed migraine myself, so I won’t complain about difficulty, but I can understand some people have trouble with it. The gliding part is clunky and bugs at times, which makes it annoying. Big troll doesn’t hurt that much, but all these tiny hits and other stuff going on drain your health faster then you think. Some classes, like ele, will have more trouble then a necro or thief, which can regen quite alot during combat.

Might start carrying some people through it that just want the story part or for that current event. Do realise though, that the enemies you fight in that current even hurt quite a bit with some attacks. I didn’t expect the damage and got down pretty much right away. At least they don’t have much HP.

A request

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Thanks for replying…..just tried a pug….no one was rude …that was refreshing….still we failed. Didn’t even get close.

So here is a personal story that’s hard to do even with a group. WTH, didn’t they learn with the last story of the original GW2. Make it solo friendly. Personal story should be just that…..no need for a group.

As said, I paid my money, I should be able to try any content.

I can be the absolute worst, yet I can do raids, PVP, W vs W, jumping puzzles, but not this current event.

I want a refund…..lol

saying “i payed money so i should be able to do every content in the game” is rather interesting thing is you can theres no pay wall just do the encounter at least you dont have to pay for the content and with just the money of the expac you can do everything.

A request

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Haven’t tried it any further right now but it looks as if you don’t need to have (a) migraine to do this content.

ETA: The story without migraine is not that hard, actually never tried to solo migraine, I probably should. There’s earlier stories that are almost impossible to solo and I agree that shouldn’t be, doesn’t really make sense to me that a personal story (most people aren’t really interested in anyway) requires a group to complete it. But alas.

Attachments:

(edited by Jana.6831)

A request

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Which part of the personal story requires a group?
And i’m asking outside of specific achievements that are obviously meant to bring people to grouping and teamplay.

I haven’t seen a single personal instance that was impossible alone.

A request

Jana.6831

It’s all about timing was where I had to ask a buddy to help me.

ETA: And I’m not saying it’s impossible but I would have had to do it a lot more times to finish it alone. I guess it’s even harder for a ‘casual player’.

ETA²: Crappy Englisch.

(edited by Jana.6831)

A request

LouWolfskin.3492

It’s all about timing was where I had to ask a buddy to help me.

ETA: And I’m not saying it’s impossible but I would have had to do it a lot more times to finish it alone. I guess it’s even harder for a ‘casual player’.

ETA²: Crappy Englisch.

And this leads to the highly philosophical question: What is casual?
I play only 2 hours a day, am i casual now? Why can i do this solo then (On mesmer, engie and necro (not mm))?
Is casual set by skill level?
Should everything be catered aroudn casual gameplay? (A question i’d answer with a hearty no.)

A request

Jana.6831

It was a political correct description for “not so good players”.

And did you solo It’s all about timing as well? and how many takes did you need?

A request

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Should everything be catered aroudn casual gameplay? (A question i’d answer with a hearty no.)

Most MMOs do tend to balance their solo content for the most casual of players, as it ensures everyone can do it. It’s why it’s so rare to see challenging solo content.

In general, a casual player is simply a bad player. Randomly dodges, or not at all. Stands still or barely moves. Doesn’t pay attention and takes several seconds to move out of AoEs. Uses abilities on cooldown or just randomly. See the average zerg for example.

A request

LouWolfskin.3492

And did you solo It’s all about timing as well? and how many takes did you need?

I didn’t feel that it was all about timing, most of the fight, aside that first mordrem ambush with the Stonehead, felt very standard for me.
It took me one try each, it’s not really that big a deal to stay alive in my opinion.
Then again i don’t play zerker meta, i enjoy having builds that would benefit me and others, didn’t change much if anything.

I am under the firm believe that HoT isn’t hard if you take your time to learn your class, it’s one of the reasons i think the core game should get a rework to actually teach people about their classes as well as teamplay in open world.

Addendum: My Mesmer for example is Duelist, Chaos, Illusions, so a core mesmer, with staff and sword-pistol. Mirror, Null Field, Feedback, Mirror Images and Timewarp. That build stayed the same for this mission.

(edited by LouWolfskin.3492)

A request

Jana.6831

I didn’t feel that it was all about timing, most of the fight, aside that first mordrem ambush with the Stonehead, felt very standard for me.
It took me one try each, it’s not really that big a deal to stay alive in my opinion.
Then again i don’t play zerker meta, i enjoy having builds that would benefit me and others, didn’t change much if anything.

I am under the firm believe that HoT isn’t hard if you take your time to learn your class, it’s one of the reasons i think the core game should get a rework to actually teach people about their classes as well as teamplay in open world.

Alright, so you have no idea what achievment I meant and probably didn’t do it – ok.
It’s not a HoT story, btw.

ETA (I know) : And in case you’re confused: The OP was complaing about not being able to complete the last Hot Storyline, because you need a group to do it. But the only achievement you probably (as I said I haven’t tried to solo it) need a group for is migraine and you can complete the storyline without that achievement. That was my first point. The second is that I agree with the OP in general – a personal story should be something you can accomplish alone. But not only is Migraine (probably) something you can’t solo but even other, regular instances can’t be soloed unless you try them lots of times and know your class inside and out. I don’t get anything from helping other players, although they changed the achievments with at least HoT and probably at the same time with older stories. It’s very hard to get anyone to do a PS with you and don’t ever bother trying to get me doing it. That was my point, I’m not really interested whether or not you can solo everything, which you likely can’t anyway which is my point.

(edited by Jana.6831)

A request

LouWolfskin.3492

Ooooh…. that was no typo with the the capital i.
Sorry then, i misread that part.

Edit: Not sure if i did it to be honest, most of the Season 2 i played with friends, i’m at work right no so i can’t even check.

(edited by LouWolfskin.3492)

A request

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was able to solo it on my ranger, I didn’t even find it especially difficult.

Then I tried on my elementalist and couldn’t even get through the first part, I was dying quickly and horribly every time even though I hadn’t had trouble with the rest of HoT. I joined a group and it was just as bad – we all kept dying, some people weren’t paying any attention and kept charging into mobs/pulling extra enemies, someone rage quit…it was a mess and we gave up.

So I joined a second group and it was a totally different experience. Only one other person had done it before, and like me that was on a different character but we discussed what was going to happen and what we’d do and we were able to get through it. We had one wipe and a few points where 1-2 people died, but everyone was patient and cooperative and we finished it without too much trouble.

So experiences definitely can vary a lot even for one person, but I strongly recommend looking for a group if you need help, or ask your guild if they can help you. Now is the time to do it since a lot of people will be wanting to complete it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

A request

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

We’re talking about the final fight with Mordremoth, correct? If it’s giving you that much trouble, I’d be happy to help you with it, Tom.

A request

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Done this on all my chars too, not too many problems. Feel free to add me in game too and I will help. Same name as here.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?