A shield back piece!

A shield back piece!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

I’m fashioning my Charr to look like one of the Iron Legion’s soldier and would love to have the possibility to have a shield as a back item. I know that if I equip a shield I basically get that effect – but then I have to give either my duel-wield set or GS/LB which I don’t want to.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

A shield back piece!

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Shield backpiece+ actual shield= a char with 2 shields in his back. Nope, won’t work.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

A shield back piece!

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Shield backpiece+ actual shield= a char with 2 shields in his back. Nope, won’t work.

If terrible clipping was a concern engis wouldn’t be forced to use hobosacks that clip with back pieces entirely.

A shield back piece!

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

If terrible clipping was a concern engis wouldn’t be forced to use hobosacks that clip with back pieces entirely.

Yeah, but engis have enough problem that way, no need to add more. I mean, that’s already horrible, but imagine a charr (!) engi (!) with an hobosack (!) and 2 shields (!).

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

A shield back piece!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I think the back should have two hot spots.

If you have a back item and a shield, the shield should go in the second hot spot, slightly outside and lower.

Also, some skins should be cross-type so once learned they can be applied to other items of different types. For example, some staffswould unlock their skin for tridets, some headgear for underwater breathers (eg: All Sorrow’s Embrace headgear, the Gas Mask), some rifles would unlock their skin for harpoon guns, and, of course, most shields would unlock their skin for back items.

And back items should add a tiny bit of armor too like shields, but much less to match their greatly reduced stats.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

A shield back piece!

Posted by: Rainin.9812

Rainin.9812

Don’t see why this matters. Shields already cover up most back pieces anyways when they are sheathed..

A shield back piece!

Posted by: Maethril.9586

Maethril.9586

I don’t really see problem with this suggestion though, since it’s optional decoration after all, if someone wants to use it, then why the kitten not? :P

Anyway, my guess is that most people which would use this wouldn’t even have shield otherwise. 2 hand weapon users (hammers etc) or people with dual wielding. Then shield in their back as decoration does make slight sense.

Lvl 80 Warrior – Ranger – Thief – Elementalist – Mesmer – Guardian.
Switched Anet to Square E and haven’t regretted it even once.

A shield back piece!

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Hey, then Guardians would be able to have a shield without gimping themselves! (except as bunker in sPvP, of course)

A shield back piece!

Posted by: footballisgod.4075

footballisgod.4075

When you ‘sheathe’ a shield, it already removes the back piece. So having a shield as a back piece wouldn’t add any extra clipping.

A shield back piece!

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Yo dawg, I heard you wanted to shield, so we gave you a shield with your shield so you can shield your shield.

I ? Karkas.

A shield back piece!

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Or possibly if ANet figures some update to graphics, allowing player’s weapon set to be displayed all the time.

Like one has shield and sword in one set and another set is greatsword, both are displayed, while that player uses one set, drawing either shield and sword or greatsword
Although if there’s weapons that use same spots, like onehanded and offhand hip holsters, that I dunno.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.