A small act of kindness

A small act of kindness

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

may turn out to help you more than the person you tried to help.

So, I usually don’t make posts like this on any website, but I have been playing GWII since the 28th of August and I have never had a negative experience with another player, not even in PvP, in fact I often make friends with my opponents in PvP. I have only had good experiences playing with other people in GWII but a few minutes ago I had an experience that topped all of them.

So let me tell you what happened:

I was in Rata Sum trying to find a group for the new dungeons(which I find incredibly entertaining) and suddenly a level 2 Asura walked into the crowd of people standing in front of the Super Adventure Box.
He asked if someone could tell him where the bank in Rata Sum was, and since no one else gave him an answer I decided to help him, so I told him to follow me and when we got to the bank he whispered me and said thanks. I replied:“No problem mate.”, and then he disappeared.
I then went up to the Super Adventure Box again and noticed that I had recieved a mail.

I don’t wanna give too much away in text, cus I think you should see what happened.

Point of this thread: Be kind to other people.

Attachments:

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

A small act of kindness

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Aw that’s nice of them I try to help people when I can, it seems that gw2 was made to avoid people raging so the overall atmosphere is way more positive than most other games I’ve played

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

A small act of kindness

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Awesome! You never can tell who it is you’re helping.

Also, your sig reflects the message of your post nicely.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

A small act of kindness

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

+1 for sticky! A great story a lot of gamers could learn from!

A small act of kindness

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

+1 for awesomeness.

A small act of kindness

Posted by: Aerandir.5093

Aerandir.5093

Wow. It’s a good thing that he remembered who helped him out.

“You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired”
Evrahyr [Guildless]
BlackGate

A small act of kindness

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I really like stories like this.

Really, taking a minute or two out of your time to help another person really isn’t going to kill anyone. And in this case, it was certainly worth your time.

Reminds me of a song…

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

A small act of kindness

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

That’s so cute. Congratulations!! <3 I always try to take the minute to help new players. Even if you don’t get an awesome skin in return, you might make a new friend. That itself is equally rewarding. ^^

A small act of kindness

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

congrats but isn;t that accountbound?

A small act of kindness

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

only the bought ones, they also drop from chests (in the SAB).

on topic: just great

A small act of kindness

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

only the bought ones, they also drop from chests (in the SAB).

on topic: just great

Gosh i didn’t know they could be dropped, anyway i’m not that lucky

A small act of kindness

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

may turn out to help you more than the person you tried to help.

So, I usually don’t make posts like this on any website, but I have been playing GWII since the 28th of August and I have never had a negative experience with another player, not even in PvP, in fact I often make friends with my opponents in PvP. I have only had good experiences playing with other people in GWII but a few minutes ago I had an experience that topped all of them.

So let me tell you what happened:

I was in Rata Sum trying to find a group for the new dungeons(which I find incredibly entertaining) and suddenly a level 2 Asura walked into the crowd of people standing in front of the Super Adventure Box.
He asked if someone could tell him where the bank in Rata Sum was, and since no one else gave him an answer I decided to help him, so I told him to follow me and when we got to the bank he whispered me and said thanks. I replied:“No problem mate.”, and then he disappeared.
I then went up to the Super Adventure Box again and noticed that I had recieved a mail.

I don’t wanna give too much away in text, cus I think you should see what happened.

Point of this thread: Be kind to other people.

Nice post… although my experiences haven’t been that great. It seems most of the nice people on my server have gone leaving the rotten apples. Not a day goes by a player is being verbally abused by another.. Some just merely asking for help or simply asking a harmless question just to get chastised for it. I do my best to help others when I am able to.

Together we stand in the face of evil!