A step in the right direction Gw2...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I have to admit, I am impressed with this patch. I do not have the game installed anymore, I haven’t really played in over two months probably. I keep a watchful eye on the game for any developments, such as this. This is the type of stuff that I/we want. Nice QoL changes. After these feature patches, if some real content were added then we’ll be in business.

Even though things like the wardrobe were asked on day 1 since launch, or making ascended gear account bound is a “duh” common sense thing given the insanity of materials required to get the BiS gear, it is a huge step in the right direction. I was seriously dumbfounded when in the CDI Arenanet scratched their heads and said “Oh, you want this account bound? Oh you want easier ways to acquire? Good stuff!”.

However, I am still not at the point of installing the game again. I do hope they add in some real incentive to play in the open world and explore and play in any zone we choose, and be adequately rewarded for completing dynamic events (2 silver, 350 karma is useless). If we ever see the day where the open world becomes part of the “end game”(because the open world content released with the game is the very CORE of GW2 in my opinion), I will give serious consideration to coming back. Until then, its D3 and Wildstar but I still have some hope left in me for GW2 as I see the biggest potential out of any MMO current or future with this game. The devs just need to realize it!

Anyways, this is all just my two cents about where I feel the game is going. Good job arenanet. Quite late on some of these obvious changes, but better late than never. Keep it coming.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Just wondering, if you keep this updated with the game, was there a point to uninstalling it? Are you so scarce on ROM that you needed those 20 gigs? Seems like extra work to me.

NSPride <3

cesmode.4257

Clicking ‘uninstall’ was not extra work. I uninstalled many games that day. I didn’t need the space, but I simply wanted to clean up the computer. Coupled with the fact that Im addicted to the Diablo 3 RoS expansion and Wildstar is nearing the corner, I didn’t see myself playing GW2 anymore, or anytime in the near or distant future.

This patch made me think twice for a second, but still I know the next installment of living story uselessness is right around the corner and that will make sure that I keep the game uninstalled

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, they should have gone left instead.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

cesmode.4257

What dont you like about it?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

If the right direction is straight over the edge of the abyss we have been one step away from till the patch, we just made a giant step forward!

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I installed it just for this patch and to see if they would be making further changes in the months to come. To me it’s a great step in the right direction. All of these funny complain posts about the nerf to Zerker to me was well worth it just for the comedy of how people who mistreated condition build and healer build players early on are now getting a taste of what many of us have had issue with since just after launch, almost two years into the game.

They are planning on more CDIs for other overall subjects like guilds and I would hope that they’d do one on content (it’s common sense) mainly open world content and what we’d like to see, because I will be the first one there to put in about how we were expecting not LS but permanent additions to DE’s and metas every month.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

Man, I got plenty of ROMs. I uber-clock my DPU in RADE so i can pwn my HDDHSdD on troll noobs . 500 GiggaWatts of ROM, 2000 MilliClocks of CGP, 7500 PetaJoules of Amps. 20 gigs ain’t nothin. I play 20 gigs on like one Friday.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Razor.9872

Clicking ‘uninstall’ was not extra work. I uninstalled many games that day. I didn’t need the space, but I simply wanted to clean up the computer. Coupled with the fact that Im addicted to the Diablo 3 RoS expansion and Wildstar is nearing the corner, I didn’t see myself playing GW2 anymore, or anytime in the near or distant future.

This patch made me think twice for a second, but still I know the next installment of living story uselessness is right around the corner and that will make sure that I keep the game uninstalled

Yeah, I’d imagine what your looking for possibly won’t be here for another year. But a year is still a time. So it will get here.

NSPride <3

Razor.9872

Man, I got plenty of ROMs. I uber-clock my DPU in RADE so i can pwn my HDDHSdD on troll noobs . 500 GiggaWatts of ROM, 2000 MilliClocks of CGP, 7500 PetaJoules of Amps. 20 gigs ain’t nothin. I play 20 gigs on like one Friday.

I think you’re getting ROM confused with RAM and your GPU and CPU clock speeds :P

Thanks for coming. Try again.

NSPride <3

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

What dont you like about it?

Where do I begin?

-My townclothes got destroyed.
-My boon runes are gone.
-Celestial got a damage nerf and is bugged so infused celestial ascended has lower stats than non-infused.
-I now have to unlock traits rather than pick what I like, or pay huge amounts of gold for them.
-There was no actual balance change again. Instead, eles got a hard counter just so they would shut up about burst builds.
-Runes weren’t rebalanced, or if they did they were done by Anet’s janitor on his off-day. Rune of Speed still combines swiftness with a non-stacking passive movement buff.

And so on, and so on, and so on…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

I think you’re getting ROM confused with RAM and your GPU and CPU clock speeds :P

Nah man, only part I messed up was my MilliClocks. It’d be ludicrous if I only had 2000 MilliClocks. Clearly I meant 20000.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Posted by: Combatter.5123

Combatter.5123

Well I think you don’t know what ROM is. Because what u meant was hard disk space which is certainly NOT Read Only Memory. :-P ;-)

Maetheryl Thorswood (Ranger), Bennish (Guardian), Lex Sabre (Elementalist)
Tyria, Underworld

Razor.9872

Well I think you don’t know what ROM is. Because what u meant was hard disk space which is certainly NOT Read Only Memory. :-P ;-)

lol, you’re right. I had a brain-fart :P

NSPride <3

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

This patch brought me back… I’m not even trying Wildstar anymore, this patch made me see possibilities, but I still struggle against the concept of CHALLENGE in this game, challenge vs. reward, coupled with a few uncertanties about how difficulty ties with fractal scaling (is increasing attributes really what drives challenge forward?).

I wonder from the bottom of my heart how they could improve upon difficulty to fit within their finely crafted combat system (the one I truly fell in love with), I feel so bad when I run through dungeons and don’t feel challenged at all, like a skin hunting goal PvE “meta” (it’s not that bad, but the challenge…).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

cesmode.4257

This patch brought me back… I’m not even trying Wildstar anymore, this patch made me see possibilities, but I still struggle against the concept of CHALLENGE in this game, challenge vs. reward, coupled with a few uncertanties about how difficulty ties with fractal scaling (is increasing attributes really what drives challenge forward?).

I wonder from the bottom of my heart how they could improve upon difficulty to fit within their finely crafted combat system (the one I truly fell in love with), I feel so bad when I run through dungeons and don’t feel challenged at all, like a skin hunting goal PvE “meta” (it’s not that bad, but the challenge…).

Challenge..difficulty…difficult boss fights.

Arenanet has no clue how to design a boss fight. Carbine with Wildstar does. Those lvl 20 boss fights look epic. Arenanet simply adds more hp and more dmg to encounters. And they put in a lazy mechanic with agony…a non dispellable DoT that only certain gear can mitigate. Wow, did you take long to think of that?

While the game took a few steps forward in the right direction, for me, at least with the QoL changes such as wardrobe….stupid dungeon content and dumbed down meatbag boss mechanics plague this game to no end.

But hey, theres always living story to be excited about, right?

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Challenge..difficulty…difficult boss fights.

Arenanet has no clue how to design a boss fight. Carbine with Wildstar does. Those lvl 20 boss fights look epic. Arenanet simply adds more hp and more dmg to encounters. And they put in a lazy mechanic with agony…a non dispellable DoT that only certain gear can mitigate. Wow, did you take long to think of that?

While the game took a few steps forward in the right direction, for me, at least with the QoL changes such as wardrobe….stupid dungeon content and dumbed down meatbag boss mechanics plague this game to no end.

But hey, theres always living story to be excited about, right?

I wish it wasn’t all about meatbags and LS (though I see a bright future for the lore).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer