A teeny-tiny request re: dailies. :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Anet, could we please not have any dailies set in the Shiverpeaks for a day or two? It’s just that it was twelve degrees at my house this morning, and…well, you guys do your job too well. When one has one’s headset on and is hearing the howling wind and crackling ice of the mountains, it becomes very real indeed. Having the Claw of Jormag belch his freezing breath in my general direction makes me just wanna go crawl back under my electric blanket and not leave it until March or so.

Maybe we could go dig for seashells in Southsun or something until the cold snap is over?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Wasn’t it Kessex Hills the other day?

It’s funny how the in game environment can amplify your RL environment in some situations.

Your comment regarding Southsun makes me wish we had a few more tropical island themed zones. lol

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

I live in AZ and I agree, we could use some crystal desert time (or just the balmy maguuma jungle). It’s been chilly lately!

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’m not a lover of heat personally so the cold places are my faves. I love the idea of enhancing the experience by having the local RL temp – when I log on next I’m going to open the window and WP to Hoelbrak.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

While I don’t care about the dailies, I am trying to map complete one of my oldest characters and well… all her remaining zones are Lornar’s Pass, Dredgehaunt and Timberline Falls. I certainly feel where you are coming from!

Doing FGS and Snowden this week has been a nightmare :p

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I live in AZ and I agree, we could use some crystal desert time (or just the balmy maguuma jungle). It’s been chilly lately!

Hot deserts can be cold at night as well.

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

Hot deserts can be cold at night as well.

Oh I know! But I’ve never seen the CD with snow

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

Oh I know! But I’ve never seen the CD with snow

am i crazy or did the outpost for the Dragons lair mission from GW1 have snow in it?

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Oh you guys, buck up!

We don’t get a lot of snow in Bellevue, so I’m a huge fan of the snowy regions. I have to admit, though, that some evenings I’m wearing socks and slippers to keep my feet warm, and the images from Frostgorge Sound sure don’t help. Brrrrrr!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Oh you guys, buck up!

We don’t get a lot of snow in Bellevue, so I’m a huge fan of the snowy regions. I have to admit, though, that some evenings I’m wearing socks and slippers to keep my feet warm, and the images from Frostgorge Sound sure don’t help. Brrrrrr!

Gaile, I want new dailies to be mini-games about sipping piña coladas on whitesand beaches, with herds of puppies and kittens roaming around for our viewing pleasure.

One of the daily challenges should be splashing around a bit in warm surf.

Optional challenge – grilled seafood eating contest.

These dailies would, I feel, be enormously popular and in no way be derived from my current dislike of the fact that my feet are cold and I want to grill things on a beach.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s funny how that works. I sometimes find myself squinting slightly and feeling like I’m going to sneeze when I’m in Drytop during a sandstorm, like I’ve actually got sand in my face.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Oh you guys, buck up!

Come up to visit in Toronto to experience real cold this week. Bring 4 pairs of socks.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Given that the daily high where I am for much of the last week has been -40 degrees when the windchill is factored in, you’ll have to forgive me for not feeling too sympathetic to people complaining about cold in Arizona.. or even Toronto.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Oh you guys, buck up!

This just makes me laugh because I don’t live that far away from you guys and it was 58 degrees at 5pm a day or two ago. Us puget sounders get all the good weather (if you like rain :P).

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Grow a YHWY given beard, slip into your union suit, and put on your Viking war helm!
It’s going to be a cold one!

GS Berzerker Builds: Making Wammo style Warriors cry since 2012.

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Gaile, I want new dailies to be mini-games about sipping piña coladas on whitesand beaches, with herds of puppies and kittens roaming around for our viewing pleasure.

Yes! I’m sold! :-)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yeah. No more dailies in hot areas. I HATE that. I must have all mine in pleasant climes with lots of beach sand and a daily that requires lying around and drinking the local booze. >.>

GuzziHero.2467

Grow a YHWY given beard, slip into your union suit, and put on your Viking war helm!

You seriously acronym Yahweh?

Cue Monty Python ‘Jehovah’ sketch here.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

12 degrees? In January? And it is too cold for you? Hell, here I was complaining about shoveling snow yesterday in -20C weather. If anyone wants some snow send a self addressed cooler to my address along with $50.00 for shipping and handling and I will fill the cooler and send it back. I refuse to be responsible for any yellow snow included.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

i can agree somewhat with the OP

This also reminded me of the ambient and the sound of wintersday in gw1

Was standing in ascalon, near avatar of dwayna.
The time was late, a cold winters night ,surounded by snow (real snow….) the soothing sound of dwayna….could even see my breath…

and now in gw2? … artificial snow produced by noisy asura machines with a giant golem shaped blimp hovering above divinitys reach…thats ..it…

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’d take 12 degrees right about now.

It was -22 earlier today. Tough rolling out of bed ._.

Posted by: Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Oops! That was a typo. I meant to say YHWH. It’s the proper Hewbrew to English translation of the Tetragrammaton. We just write it as “Yahweh” to make it easier to use in modern English.

GS Berzerker Builds: Making Wammo style Warriors cry since 2012.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Living in an Australian summer, I find that playing in Shiverpeak zones, or Wintersday snow areas, does not help in the slightest to make you feel cooler.

(edited by Olvendred.3027)

GuzziHero.2467

Oops! That was a typo. I meant to say YHWH. It’s the proper Hewbrew to English translation of the Tetragrammaton. We just write it as “Yahweh” to make it easier to use in modern English.

Ah, I didn’t know that (it isn’t a big thing in the UK). I guess its like those Jesus fishes with the ‘IXOYE’ or ‘icthus’ lettering in.

Cheers.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

When I’m in snowy areas, I open the window and take off my jacket.

You have to feel it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

From what I read (might be wrong though, if so I’ll be happy to be corrected), in jewish tradition it’s considered a sin to write the name of god, because it then can mean you allow it to be destroyed by omission if the paper is destroyed or erased, so anytime it was to be written it was written as YHWH, however the proper pronunciation when it was read aloud has been lost as it was never written down, and the two main theories of how it was pronounced are “YaHWeH” and “YeHoWaH” (Jehovah), but for all we know it might have even been something not related to the tetragrammaton letters at all. Some also say that “Yahweh” was the original pronunciation and then Jehovah was created by combining YHWH with the vowels in Adonai (My Lord).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.