ABML Fix?

ABML Fix?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Does anyone know what form the fix will be for ABML?

I really wish they wouldn’t totally nerf it because I think many people enjoy the event. It’s really grown into a sort of community event.

One thing I’ll admit about it is that it’s time consuming. I would suggest that they change the timing of it from every 2 hours to every 3 or even 4 hours. This would reduce it’s impact on the economy drastically yet still allow people to enjoy the rewarding event. It would also give people more time to do other activities in AB and in the game.

The timing could be changed by creating a gap from the time the looting stops to the time the watch posts start to be activated.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As someone who has not done multi-loot, I would prefer not to have long gaps built in between effective map actions. It makes TD fairly dead given all the lanes can be done a very long time before Gerent arrives. It seems a dubious proposition to me to bend the meta around this unintended use and in the process hinder players engaging in the map in a normal fashion.

ABML Fix?

Tekoneiric.6817

They could always fill it in the gap with smaller events or maybe even a mini-meta. I really think a gap in there would help people focus on doing map completes and mastery points. The meta can be distracting to players trying to find their way around the map.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Are ppl who are AFK for the duration of the event able to loot the chests when the event finishes.
Recently, the number of AFK players during the event seems to be increasing.

ABML Fix?

Tekoneiric.6817

Are ppl who are AFK for the duration of the event able to loot the chests when the event finishes.

I agree. It’s one thing to step away for a few to take care of business but I see many campers that never move until the event is over.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Or worse, people who just stand there and watch, and then complain that it isn’t going fast enough for their ML squad. Get off your lazy kittening kitten and help if you want the meta to finish faster idiot…..

OT I think that we will see something along the lines of getting a buff that only allows you to loot chests on that instance, or a stacking buff that decreases for every grand/great chest you open.

ABML Fix?

Tekoneiric.6817

I was doing some more thinking on my idea. If they created a gap in the AB meta they could fill it with repeatable Renown Hearts that are only available in that gap. Things like repairing parts of the city, reducing creature populations, delivering supplies for the pending meta, etc. They could pull some of the existing minor events together and convert them to Renown Hearts.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I was doing some more thinking on my idea. If they created a gap in the AB meta they could fill it with repeatable Renown Hearts that are only available in that gap. Things like repairing parts of the city, reducing creature populations, delivering supplies for the pending meta, etc. They could pull some of the existing minor events together and convert them to Renown Hearts.

wouldn’t it be easier to simply limit the number of chests opened?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

ABML Fix?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Don’t allow players to loot chests on multiple instances like it is on all other maps and on all chests in the game? There is no need to “fix” the rewards or the events themselves, just remove multi loot from the game and all is fine.

ABML Fix?

Tekoneiric.6817

The problem is that limiting the rewards per event will kill participation in the map. ML is what draws people to it. Without ML the event will likely fail more often than not giving few if any rewards because few people will be there to do it. The more it fails the less people will attend creating spiral to the map being mostly empty. A good example is when Halloween and Wintersday hit the level of people doing ABML fell to the point where the events would fail completely. If there is no reason for experienced players to attend then it’ll mostly be a uncoordinated group of players doing it. Experienced players will go back to boss trains.

It would be better to change it to every four hours to limit it so it stays popular but the over all impact on the game economy is reduced.

(edited by Tekoneiric.6817)

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The problem is that limiting the rewards per event will kill participation in the map. ML is what draws people to it. Without ML the event will likely fail more often than not giving few if any rewards because few people will be there to do it. The more it fails the less people will attend creating spiral to the map being mostly empty. A good example is when Halloween and Wintersday hit the level of people doing ABML fell to the point where the events would fail completely. If there is no reason for experienced players to attend then it’ll mostly be a uncoordinated group of players doing it. Experienced players will go back to boss trains.

It would be better to change it to every four hours to limit it so it stays popular but the over all impact on the game economy is reduced.

Because with such a long timer, that will exclude more players who don’t play during the 4 hour window and for a map wide meta, that’s not right. It’s not like it’s a world boss.

They’re better off lowering the reward earned on average during one cycle some how.

It’s the natural cycle of MMO’s for older content to have fewer people doing it and it becoming harder to accomplish due to numbers. And it would be bad for business to try to keep players playing the same old content instead of giving them reasons to go play the new content.

ABML Fix?

Tekoneiric.6817

Because with such a long timer, that will exclude more players who don’t play during the 4 hour window and for a map wide meta, that’s not right. It’s not like it’s a world boss.

It may not be officially a world boss but it should be considered one. It might not be a flashy dragon but it is a single (plant) creature that has other creatures defending it while the players attack the target. That sounds like a world boss to me.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Or you know, you could be slightly less biased and realize that the sheer amount of gold/loot generated by this is so far out of line from the rest of the game that it needs to be changed.

Removing the “Multi-Loot” part of the exploit is the most simplistic fix for the problem. 1 Loot session per hour is not that crippling. It will push you into other maps/map cycles and get them running like those zones are meant to be done.

ABML Fix?

Tekoneiric.6817

Or you know, you could be slightly less biased and realize that the sheer amount of gold/loot generated by this is so far out of line from the rest of the game that it needs to be changed.

Removing the “Multi-Loot” part of the exploit is the most simplistic fix for the problem. 1 Loot session per hour is not that crippling. It will push you into other maps/map cycles and get them running like those zones are meant to be done.

I’m just trying to offer a constructive suggestion that keeps the event and the culture that has sprung up around it while reducing the impact on the economy to counter the few vocal people who are biased against it calling for it to be nuked.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It may not be officially a world boss but it should be considered one. It might not be a flashy dragon but it is a single (plant) creature that has other creatures defending it while the players attack the target. That sounds like a world boss to me.

A world boss comes up, lasts for 5-10 minutes then goes away and the map continues on as usual. And short of the ones like Triple Trouble and Tequatl, can be done my a minority of players on any given map. Are named after the final boss.

Map metas have whole events that lead up as prequels to the final boss. Where the success or failure of those prequel events affect the final boss. And require a majority of the map to be focused on it. Are named after the map.

AB is a map meta.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

One way off the top of my head to “fix it” is to lock the map instance, preventing any players from entering that instance during the time the vaults are open. No rightclick join on map, no Teleport to a Friend. Leave to purge your inventory, you can’t come back, you’ll just end up on a new instance of AB with the event over.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

This isn’t a question of what ANet can do, it’s a question of what ANet’s willing to do. They can use (as a base to work from) existing functions to prevent people from multi-looting an event/boss chest just like they do everywhere else in the game.

The bottom line is if a map is only popular due to what is pretty clearly an exploit that flies in the face of the rest of the game’s reward paradigm, there’s something seriously amiss. ANet’s afraid of seeing a mass exodus even if all they do is bring the effort:reward ratio back into line with the rest of the game, because let’s face it, the majority of players are driven by greed (and/or need) and will cluster around anything that’s most efficient. Exploits generally have the most favorable effort:reward ratios.

So, good luck ANet. You’re going to need it. And be sure to wear earplugs and a hazmat suit when you finally swing that hammer. And if you never do it…well, you know what happens when you let a wound fester….

ABML Fix?

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

The invalid assumption here is that the only reason people do the AB meta event is because of the exploit, and no one would do it if it was fixed.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

AB is the easiest meta in HoT maps by far. Most pre events can be soloed, and the actual octovine can be done with as few kitten people in each side. Even with “dead” maps, the meta will still be successful, just like it was successful before ABML became widespread.

Saying that nerfing ML will kill AB is sone strange logic. Especially considering that other maps with harder metas, and no ML are still completed regularly.

Nerfing ABML will not by any stretch kill the map, and it will give some more life to other maps that are currently neglected.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I done the ml once dident find it fun so havent done it again.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If they’re going to seriously fix it, they’ll fix the core problem and link the nodes in all instances together. That would mean no more swapping instances to farm anything over and over again, like trees/etc.

ABML Fix?

maddoctor.2738

I’m just trying to offer a constructive suggestion that keeps the event and the culture that has sprung up around it while reducing the impact on the economy to counter the few vocal people who are biased against it calling for it to be nuked.

The “fix” for multi loot is to not allow multi loot, plain and simple, no other changes are needed for AB. You are scared that people will stop doing AB? VB/TD and DS do not have multi loot options yet you can find lots of groups for those every day. World bosses get people every day too. So I don’t understand how removing multi loot from the game will destroy AB, in fact it might make the other zones better since AB won’t get all the players.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

The invalid assumption here is that the only reason people do the AB meta event is because of the exploit, and no one would do it if it was fixed.

its pretty valid. took at the other metas. people will just go to SW

im bad at sarcasm

ABML Fix?

maddoctor.2738

You do understand that even in AB the reason multi loot succeed is because there are non-ML players around, right? In multi loot squads you send at best 5 people per zone which are obviously not enough to finish the meta of that zone and the rest of the players are non-ML runners.

VB/TD/DS have healthy populations so the argument that AB will “die” if ML is removed is invalid. Unless you think that plain AB doesn’t offer as good rewards as VB/TD/DS, that’s a different issue.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

You do understand that even in AB the reason multi loot succeed is because there are non-ML players around, right? In multi loot squads you send at best 5 people per zone which are obviously not enough to finish the meta of that zone and the rest of the players are non-ML runners.

VB/TD/DS have healthy populations so the argument that AB will “die” if ML is removed is invalid. Unless you think that plain AB doesn’t offer as good rewards as VB/TD/DS, that’s a different issue.

and there are several upon several squads that do. so yes multi loot is the main reason it succeeds. vb td and ds do not have healthy pops. and they are only done for achievments not loot. like i said. those who want loot will go to sw or 40 farm. not the other maps. thinking the other maps will magically get more population is invalid.

im bad at sarcasm

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Preventing this now is a bad idea IMO. If it was something that needed fixing they should have fixed it in the first weeks, not nearly 2 years later.

Right now everyone can go do it if they need gold. If it stops now, the people that joined multiloot during the last year will be forever richer and everyone else will be forever poorer with no way to close the gap between them. Right now it’s possible to close that gap by joining multiloot too.

ABML Fix?

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Preventing this now is a bad idea IMO. If it was something that needed fixing they should have fixed it in the first weeks, not nearly 2 years later.

Right now everyone can go do it if they need gold. If it stops now, the people that joined multiloot during the last year will be forever richer and everyone else will be forever poorer with no way to close the gap between them. Right now it’s possible to close that gap by joining multiloot too.

You realize that multi-loot in its current form has only been around since the update earlier this year that made it possible.

ABML Fix?

maddoctor.2738

You realize that multi-loot in its current form has only been around since the update earlier this year that made it possible.

Multi loot as we know it, started in July 2016 (or June 2016?). It’s easy to figure it out because that’s when the glob of ectoplasm price started falling rapidly, while it was perfectly fine until that point.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

No-one knows how or when the nerf will take place but it is coming at some point.
TBH, I think it will mostly kill off the map which will be a shame as it is the only time I ever go to any of the HoT maps.

It’s also really the only time I coordinate with other players and, as mentioned above it is FUN! Fun is what the game is supposed to be. Yes, it has affected the economy but so have many other things and anyone who thinks that the ecto price will significantly recover is living in cloud-cuckoo land. The low price will remain for months/years.

Multiloot is a vibrant and happy community event. The game needs those type of events. Careful what you wish for….

ABML Fix?

Posted by: AuTomA.2459

AuTomA.2459

i find it disgusting how anet still not fixed it after MONTHS,we have :
1)Economy going into the oblivion
2) Lack of people for every single kind of content but Multiloot
3)Tons of toxicity in the AB meta.

I seriously have no idea why this thing is still up,i just don’t

ABML Fix?

maddoctor.2738

Multiloot is a vibrant and happy community event. The game needs those type of events. Careful what you wish for….

No it’s not always a happy community event and it creates a lot of drama for no reason. The game doesn’t need those types of events at all.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

No it’s not always a happy community event and it creates a lot of drama for no reason. The game doesn’t need those types of events at all.

Then you’ve been doing it wrong hehe. In the right squad it’s fun, relaxing and lucrative. The only real saltiness is when the meta fails. There will be more of that after the nerf. And ectos will still be cheap…

ABML Fix?

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Then you’ve been doing it wrong hehe. In the right squad it’s fun, relaxing and lucrative. The only real saltiness is when the meta fails. There will be more of that after the nerf. And ectos will still be cheap…

I have never seen this drama, other than people expect every map to finish within 4 minutes and a tiny number get publicly salty if it takes longer. Most of the time, people join in, adjust numbers so that each side finishes together, and everyone collects loot. People, such as myself, who only loot one time through have a good experience; those who multi-loot collect lots of loot. No drama.

i find it disgusting how anet still not fixed it after MONTHS,we have :
1)Economy going into the oblivion
2) Lack of people for every single kind of content but Multiloot
3)Tons of toxicity in the AB meta.

I seriously have no idea why this thing is still up,i just don’t

I still have no idea why you want to make such claims, when the evidence shows otherwise. I see people in every sort of content — AB/ML took a dive as people went to Bitterfrost. There’s similarly no evidence that AB/ML maps are any more toxic than any other.

And the economy is working perfectly fine: people who want to buy can find whatever they want; people who want to sell can find sellers. Some items, notably ecto, are cheaper now than they were 8 months ago, but they still aren’t nothing.

There’s no question that AB/ML has a big impact on the economy and on player behavior. However, it’s never reached a point where it’s been urgent for ANet to respond. It’s far better that they have taken all these months to consider the best way to modify the mechanics so that Octovine is dramatically more lucrative than other potential farms.

ABML Fix?

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

I actually didn’t know, sorry. I only started playing again in October and got HoT early November. I thought it was always like this.