AC P2/P3 Being glitched and ran together

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

I am wondering if this is considered a violation of the EULA or any terms of service. As I have seen a number of people glitching these 2 paths apparently there is a way to run them both simultaneously. I find it pathetic tbh that people play the game to use shortcuts as such. Why even bother but beyond that I wanted to see if someone from anet can let me know if this is a violation so as to maybe deter those that are doing it from doing so. I value my account to much and enjoy the game as it is meant to be played to much to even bother with this but I was in a party tonight that had advertised for p2-p3 and upon getting to what should have been the chain boss they went to p3 burrows and I asked about it they stated they were doing both at the same time. So my question is, is this a bannable offense or does Anet not really care?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

My opinion … They don’t care. It’s been posted over and over they know about it. If they cared they would have done something by now.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People used to do the same thing with CoE years ago to avoid having to fight up to the golem each time. Your best bet to stop this is to email Anet at exploits@arena.net with any information regarding how it’s done.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

People used to do the same thing with CoE years ago to avoid having to fight up to the golem each time. Your best bet to stop this is to email Anet at exploits@arena.net with any information regarding how it’s done.

That’s already been done. There’s several posts describing how it is done and those threads were not closed from what I saw. they just don’t have the resources to fix it without also breaking something else. If they cared they would at least make a post about how you shouldn’t do it or risk getting banned. If they cared a lot they would close AC down till it was fixed like HoM

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

if they care enough, they would have placed the WvW Legendary Defender that one-shot enemy at the stairs….. OR remove the burrow…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

i report this everytime i enter an lfg who’ve done this ahead of time via /bug. everytime i post this on the forums, they just remove it. posting this on the forums is a breach of ToS, they see it as promoting an exploit. I don’t know if they ever plan on fixing it. this’ll probably get removed soon.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

It seems ArrnahNet is almost embarrassed they have this “old fashioned” content still in game. So they just ignore it for 3 years, or rather 2.
The first year they had a great “dungeon master” Dev but then they fired him. Or did he quit after they kept deleting his new dungeons during LS season 1? Not sure anymore.

So yeah, it´s an exploiters paradise now and they even have the audacity of claiming this is how the game i supposed to be played (see " zerker meta").
Check out this vid explaining it all very nicely

Polish > hype

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

Pls also report groups that bug bosses like Frost, Turmaine, Sure Shot, Mossman and Mai Trin. kthx.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Rule 1 of playing GW2:

- Dungeons are dead. Don’t even bother asking.

More info: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Very-disappointing-news-for-you-guys/

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The CoE three-in-one exploit was eventually completely fixed, which indicates that it was most definitely not intended. The old CoF p2 exploit where you could skip the devourer burrows and stuff was also fixed (I believe that fix was when they made it so dungeon events had to be completed to progress the dungeon). The AC combined paths are also most likely not intended and will be fixed in some way (sooner or later).

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Wow, normally posts about dungeon exploits are removed almost immediately. But this one actually has some traction (12hrs).

Is this Anet saying, “We give up?”

I mean, WoodenPotatoes did an entire video showcasing this exploit in the background, and that got over 25k views. So maybe they did give up.

mikeew.8607

It does seem like anet just kinda doesn’t care about pve content though. The focus really is more for them seemingly aesthetics and pvp which if thats the case I suppose I will be exiting stage right once something better comes along. Shame cause I love this game so much he combat system is really addictive but to only focus on such small parts is wasteful and selfish and very inconsiderate to the community.

Ayrilana.1396

It does seem like anet just kinda doesn’t care about pve content though. The focus really is more for them seemingly aesthetics and pvp which if thats the case I suppose I will be exiting stage right once something better comes along. Shame cause I love this game so much he combat system is really addictive but to only focus on such small parts is wasteful and selfish and very inconsiderate to the community.

So living story seasons 1 and 2, including all of the holiday content, were just aesthetics and pvp? PvP in this game as largely been neglected compared to what PvE has gotten.

mikeew.8607

Yes the holiday stuff is just aesthetic it is temporary and offers no real end game in terms of pve content. PVP has not been neglected in fact it is getting new mode with the expansion. Not to mention of all the WvW changes and patching and upgrades that have just recently been brought about. The continued displaying of PvP tournaments you don’t see Anet streaming on twitch dungeon runs. Living story omg your right you really just added so much to the conversation I forgot that I can run living story and that it is both challenging engaging and offers actual rewards worth the time spent. Please spare me the woe is me about PvP when it is quite frankly the only thing that Anet has focused on. Also the seasonal stuff you speak is literally 90% regurgitated content.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Yeah the exploit is an exploit. But before the exploit everyone said lets stop having time gates in dungeons, the most prolific example being the burrows in p3, and bascially everything in p2 from flooded temple to the final boss kill. They didn’t change these mechanics to make them better or more fun, and so now players use exploits to get around the honestly, tremendously boring content.

Im not saying i necessarily agree or disagree with exploits, just that this content needs fixing, not to address the exploit but to address the poor design in the first place.

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

Funny enough that only one person has ever brought up the idea of this glitch while running AC…

And what is even more funnier is your Common Sense.

All you get from this glitch is the End-Reward Chest…
You get no minor chests from previous bosses and neither you get Dungeon Reward…
It gives you no upper hand than other people, since all it does is give you reward, equal to time spent in there.

So… Your point again?

Ayrilana.1396

Yes the holiday stuff is just aesthetic it is temporary and offers no real end game in terms of pve content. PVP has not been neglected in fact it is getting new mode with the expansion. Not to mention of all the WvW changes and patching and upgrades that have just recently been brought about. The continued displaying of PvP tournaments you don’t see Anet streaming on twitch dungeon runs. Living story omg your right you really just added so much to the conversation I forgot that I can run living story and that it is both challenging engaging and offers actual rewards worth the time spent. Please spare me the woe is me about PvP when it is quite frankly the only thing that Anet has focused on. Also the seasonal stuff you speak is literally 90% regurgitated content.

Yep you’re right. We’ve received far more PvP content than PvE content. I was wrong…