ADD changing races please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Edgez.4236

Edgez.4236

It would be really great if you could add to the gemstore a kit wich changes the race of your character

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

I would love this to, but sadly wont happen because of personal story.
I don’t get it though. It could just reset the personal story on that character, problem solved.

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

I don’t think people understand that it isn’t that easy to just “resest” a personal story. It’s not just personal story it’s everything in the game linked towards your race. How other NPC’s interact with you, cultural armor, etc. And as Jokke said they won’t do race changes , sorry.

jokke.6239

I don’t think people understand that it isn’t that easy to just “resest” a personal story. It’s not just personal story it’s everything in the game linked towards your race. How other NPC’s interact with you, cultural armor, etc. And as Jokke said they won’t do race changes , sorry.

So when you reset, npc will interact with you like they will on your new race personal story 1 lvl. You ofc won’t be able to use the cultural armor on your new race, but you will still have it in your wardrobe unlocked for alts. I don’t see the problem still.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

So true – also character slots are not that expensive. You can just roll a new character. IF we were limited in the number of character slots, I could see this. As it is now – no way as you have an option that is cheaper and easier for the programmers/developers to deal with, a new slot.

Edgez.4236

im pretty sure “how npcs interacts with you” is not a problem, if one wants to change races most likely means he/she doesnt like the cultural amror as well so losing it shouldnt be a problem, having one that resets your story line, delets your cultural gear would be still great. personally what i want is to change races keeping my commander tag, bag slot, lv and name don’t care about the rest,

IrishPotato.6327

So when you reset, npc will interact with you like they will on your new race personal story 1 lvl. You ofc won’t be able to use the cultural armor on your new race, but you will still have it in your wardrobe unlocked for alts. I don’t see the problem still.

For one as I said if you can get confirmation from the devs that coding all of this is “easy” feel free. Also it breaks immersion. Another reason they won’t do it is because when you make your character that character is you until it’s deleted. People RP with their toons all the time which would break immersion IMMENSELY if you were able to go from human to charr, for example.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

How many more threads on this are we going to get? Just roll a new character and get on with it.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

IrishPotato.6327

im pretty sure “how npcs interacts with you” is not a problem, if one wants to change races most likely means he/she doesnt like the cultural amror as well so losing it shouldnt be a problem, having one that resets your story line, delets your cultural gear would be still great. personally what i want is to change races keeping my commander tag, bag slot, lv and name don’t care about the rest,

You realize that by deleting a character you get that name opportunity back, as well as lvling which is very, very easy. You just lose the bag slot and the 100g

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Who cares what it breaks as long as the person who plays it feels good about his own character? U think ppl will actually spam-change races if it cost 1600 gems/change?

U said it yourself. There is already a way to make another race……by deleting…remaking..releveling…loosing bag slots and so on…so why not make it easier for a price? Not to mention u lose account bound items which may be crafted…which may be ascended..and which may take up to an year to fully make or legendaries.

I bet u anything if u are in the position of having a character u invested a ton in but just want to change the race of it just so u can have a different feeling in the game, u would pay even 2000 gems in a heartbeat compared to loosing the work u invested (and do NOT want to reinvest/farm like crazy) for 1-2 years of your life.

It’s like going into a huge path link on your computer to get to an .exe instead of just using a shortcut.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Edgez.4236

So true – also character slots are not that expensive. You can just roll a new character. IF we were limited in the number of character slots, I could see this. As it is now – no way as you have an option that is cheaper and easier for the programmers/developers to deal with, a new slot.

its not about not having slots for a new one its about keeping your name , commander tag, bag slots, crafting lv, and not have to spend tiem lving a character wich you dotn care about doing, maybe it could be an option to buy a kit that transfers your tag, bag slots, cmd tag, the lv, and name to a new character

Edgez.4236

You realize that by deleting a character you get that name opportunity back, as well as lvling which is very, very easy. You just lose the bag slot and the 100g

did nto knwo abotu the name opportunity thanks for that info, i would rather spend real life money to not spend non fun time for me wich is re-doing the lving, ok tis easy but i play for fun not for chores, i agree with rebound its abotu a shortcut

Dusty Moon.4382

Who cares what it breaks as long as the person who plays it feels good about his own character? U think ppl will actually spam-change races if it cost 1600 gems/change?

U said it yourself. There is already a way to make another race……by deleting…remaking..releveling…loosing bag slots and so on…so why not make it easier for a price?

It’s like going into a huge path link on your computer to get to an .exe instead of just using a shortcut.

People are already complaining that there are things that need to be fixed/modified in game. You want A.net to spend their time because you don’t like the race of a character? Make a new character and move on. I think what it is has to do with a convenience factor and then we will have these players switching – too lazy to make a new character.

If A.Net does this, I think it should be the most expensive item in game – 100K gems.

I recently deleted a lvl 80 character that I could no longer play (I finished the PS with it and everything). The name and the Race were connected, so even if I had a race changer, I wouldn’t have done it.

Edgez.4236

guys plz dont post about how hard its to do for a-net most of us dont havea clue and guessing is just useless, we could discuss what we want form teh race cahnge and what we dont mind losing

Edgez.4236

U said it yourself. There is already a way to make another race……by deleting…remaking..releveling…loosing bag slots and so on…so why not make it easier for a price?

People are already complaining that there are things that need to be fixed/modified in game. You want A.net to spend their time because you don’t like the race of a character? Make a new character and move on. I think what it is has to do with a convenience factor and then we will have these players switching – too lazy to make a new character.

If A.Net does this, I think it should be the most expensive item in game – 100K gems.

I recently deleted a lvl 80 character that I could no longer play (I finished the PS with it and everything). The name and the Race were connected, so even if I had a race changer, I wouldn’t have done it.

this could be a feature that brign a-net money, i dont mind spendign 20 dollars on it, and why should it be the most expensive your argument seems more guided by hate than reason, i dont think a game is a place to talk about lazyness, i play for fun nto for chores thats the main reason i dont play other grindy mmos. not asking anet to do it for free i asked it for be for gems wich i wil pay

(edited by Edgez.4236)

Rebound.3409

No…i am not the one asking for this feature if u haven’t payed any attention. I instead don’t like ppl who come here with minor (really minor….so minor i had to scroll up and read again because o forgot them) excuses for a feature not to be made….like “omggrrrd” what would the RPers do…what would the poor little lost NPCs do…but what about the armor u wear..i mean if it’s cultural you are set for life man..you..your kids..your grandkids..u cannot escape the T3 armor. Seriously? Can u invent more good excuses like those?

The feature can definitely be made.
The feature would actually bring them money.
The feature is not important at the moment (that is another story) and personally don’t want to see it before they fix important stuff in their game like for example…..their whole game.

My post wasn’t me agreeing with the need of such a feacture as much as it was about ppl who come here and comment pure truth…because this is the internet….obviously….we are all experts on the internet.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

jokke.6239

For one as I said if you can get confirmation from the devs that coding all of this is “easy” feel free. Also it breaks immersion. Another reason they won’t do it is because when you make your character that character is you until it’s deleted. People RP with their toons all the time which would break immersion IMMENSELY if you were able to go from human to charr, for example.

I never said it was easy.
It will def make them a lot of money, pretty sure the work would be worth it.
And .. You can already change your characters appereance completely AND go from a male to female character .. Now how does this not “break immersion” ?

jokke.6239

Getting full inventory slots on a new character will make it a lot more expensive.
And I want it to be same proffession. Doesn’t make much sense to me to have 2 of the same proffessions when the change is just appearence, story and a few race skills. That most people already done on another character anyway.

IrishPotato.6327

#TeamDustyMoon

/15Charrs

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

If Anet does decide to add a race change option in the future by the time they do so you could probably create a few new characters, level them up, and gear them up by then. So just roll a new one.

P.S.

Attachments:

The Burninator

Dusty Moon.4382

Getting full inventory slots on a new character will make it a lot more expensive.
And I want it to be same proffession. Doesn’t make much sense to me to have 2 of the same proffessions when the change is just appearence, story and a few race skills. That most people already done on another character anyway.

Not as simple as it sounds. if you had racial armor – they would have to remove it, etc.

people would complain. Not worth it.

Rebound.3409

Why remove? They can make a code that replaces T3 charr armor for example with T3 asura armor by checking the race the moment u click “ok” on the change. Replacing armor = replacing a few lines of code in your personal 1-2 kilo file on the server. Nobody would complain.

Definitely not saying it’s easy….specially after seeing the WvW rewards fiasco…but again it’s something that can definitely be done….and financially for them definitely worth it and another cashshop thing to brag as a marketing team for future buyers.

Keep in mind they can already mass-delete items from your inventory (aka the today patch which will remove old wvw reward tokens received, replacing them with another amount)….so the tech behind it (mass searching…finding…deleting…replacing) is already there and is already being applied….and we are talking about mass simultaneous changes vs 1 person change

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Why remove? They can make a code that replaces T3 charr armor for example with T3 asura armor by checking the race the moment u click “ok” on the change. Replacing armor = replacing a few lines of code in your personal 1-2 kilo file on the server. Nobody would complain.

Definitely not saying it’s easy….specially after seeing the WvW rewards fiasco…but again it’s something that can definitely be done….and financially for them definitely worth it and another cashshop thing to brag as a marketing team for future buyers.

Keep in mind they can already mass-delete items from your inventory (aka the today patch which will remove old wvw reward tokens received, replacing them with another amount)….so the tech behind it (mass searching…finding…deleting…replacing) is already there and is already being applied….and we are talking about mass simultaneous changes vs 1 person change

They couldn’t / wouldn’t even do this for the wardrobe for technical reasons. If you make ascended armor and skin it asuran cultural, you cannot wear it on any other race unless you change the skin. If they wouldn’t do it for the wardrobe, what makes you think they would do it for a race change?

Beyond that, they stated before launch that they wanted picking your race to mean something. They stated they would not be adding race change options to the game for that very purpose, although we would see things like the make over kit return (and we have). Yes, this stance could change, however, thus far it has not.

Additionally, while some may think that “oh this is just a simple change” do keep in mind that those “simple changes” add complexity to the code and does pile up over time. While this may be a “small” if-else-if or case code chunk now, it grows with each race they add, with any additional cultural armor, etc. “Little” != “simple”.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

jokke.6239

Not as simple as it sounds. if you had racial armor – they would have to remove it, etc.

people would complain. Not worth it.

Yeah it would be removed from the character you change race on, but would still be unlocked in wardrobe.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It would be really great if you could add to the gemstore a kit wich changes the race of your character

Yet another item asked for that ended up in the Suggestions forums trashcan.

We asked for this long ago and got some nonsense about it affecting the personal storyline or some mess. But since the whole game and development of future patches won’t be centered around the personal storyline anyway it doesn’t matter does it. hmmm.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

ArenaNet doesn’t want people to treat their personal story like something to “reset” or trash. They want people to complete it. And they didn’t make all these different races and leveling content just for people to buy an instant Level 80 of any race.

If you want to just experience a new race/story, then nothing’s stopping you. People are already making new characters when they want them — and they’re buying new character slots, too. I know there are people who really want a race change, but they can already get the result they want from a little more time investment. At least for now, ArenaNet benefits more by not bothering with it.

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

IrishPotato.6327

ArenaNet doesn’t want people to treat their personal story like something to “reset” or trash. They want people to complete it. And they didn’t make all these different races and leveling content just for people to buy an instant Level 80 of any race.

If you want to just experience a new race/story, then nothing’s stopping you. People are already making new characters when they want them — and they’re buying new character slots, too. I know there are people who really want a race change, but they can already get the result they want from a little more time investment. At least for now, ArenaNet benefits more by not bothering with it.

Finally someone who gets it

Edgez.4236

well hwo i treat eh story line is my business, anyway its written for 12 year olds , and is not that good anyway

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Put it like this, if a Race change feature was really possible, and was ever going to happen, it would’ve happened by now because of the amount of money it would’ve raked in for them.

Because the way the game handles your race/character, it’s not going to happen.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA