AMA question that didn't get answered

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I am slightly disappointed that one question someone asked that would of required a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ didn’t get answered. It wasn’t my question but it was a question that was exactly what I was going to ask. I even PM’ed LoreChief to add my question to the document, but I guess it didn’t get in there. 75% of the questions answered were about the dang ascended gear – do you all seriously need the same question answered 50x?

Now, my question has been asked by several people on the forums and STILL has not gotten an answer. A simple yes or no from a Dev would suffice…

Is there going to be additional crafting material storage for new cooking ingredients, fine crafting materials and rare crafting materials (lodestones, cores, etc)? I would really like to free up 16 bank slots that are being taken up by materials that should have a slot in the material storage.

Now that the ascended gear question got answered 50x, can we please get an answer to this one simple question….

Yeah, I’m being somewhat mean with this post, but just getting annoyed that a simple question cannot get answered when a question about a infinitesimal stat increase gets answered more than it needed to, simply because you all apparently cannot read what Chris said several times throughout the AMA.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

Posted by: Lorraine.2104

Lorraine.2104

Have been waiting for an answer to this one too. Total nuisance having to store them, when they should go into the collectible section.

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

They did say they would add extra slots for the new collectables, but I doubt they will add a new tab for the other crafting items you mentioned. There is a good solution, and if you got some gold, create a guild for yourself, and buy some influence until you have enough for a guild bank. Either that or buy some gems for another bank tab.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Here is one I’m not even sure anyone asked but that is near and dear to my heart:

Why did you give us the fantastic option to play with others in PVE and WvW without having to team up, then make it impossible to get decent loot unless we team up?

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Magiofdeath.2745

Yeah, I have bought 2 additional bank tabs and I am ok with space for now, but just annoying that something that was in GW1 (storage for both basic materials AND rare materials) is not in GW2. Even the craftsman bags treat the lodestones, etc as crafting materials.

Cod, your signature is amazing, because its true. Lodestones have a horrible drop rate.

Magiofdeath.2745

Here is one I’m not even sure anyone asked but that is near and dear to my heart:

Why did you give us the fantastic option to play with others in PVE and WvW without having to team up, then make it impossible to get decent loot unless we team up?

I didn’t even think of that, but that is a great question, lol. The best loot I get anymore is the entire Gates of Arah chain. Last night, after doing everything, I ended up with 5 rares, 22 masterworks, and 1 exotic in addition to other stuff. I think 3/5 rares, probably 12-16/22 masterworks and the exotic were from that chain alone. I was partied with 2 other guild people. The other stuff I got from farming elementals at Lyssa’s temple – didn’t get any lodestones though, meh.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

My simple question didn’t get answered either, despite that it’s been asked here many times as well. Are they planning a fix on the auto-loot function that doesn’t auto-anything at all.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Magiofdeath.2745

What auto loot issue? Hitting F and getting the loot works for me. That’s the way it works in other MMOs too. You right-click lootable corpse, get loot. Auto loot just means no loot window comes up. So in that aspect, auto loot seems to be working as intended at least for me.

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

What auto loot issue? Hitting F and getting the loot works for me. That’s the way it works in other MMOs too. You right-click lootable corpse, get loot. Auto loot just means no loot window comes up. So in that aspect, auto loot seems to be working as intended at least for me.

There are plenty of games where loot goes straight to your bag, and I can tell you don’t play WvW at all. Nothing is more infuriating in that part of the game than to see your loot bags on the ground around you once the zerg has moved on, and you’re dead and can’t get them.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Magiofdeath.2745

I do play WvW sometimes. You could of explained that instead of saying “oh you don’t play WvW at all”. I suppose I could see that being a problem but why isn’t the zerg res’ing you before they move on, if they survive? That is poor attitude on the other players. I have not experienced this issue, sorry. Can you give some examples of games where loot goes immediately into your bag? Wouldn’t that create problems if your bag was full? A lot of online games I’ve played, you have to pick up the loot yourself, either by clicking on the corpse or just picking up the item. Diablo 2, Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, WoW, and Guild Wars 1 are all like that. I have not actually played a game that the loot automatically appears in inv, unless you count badges/tokens from WoW dungeons and raids that get added to your count in your hero panel.

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I do play WvW sometimes. You could of explained that instead of saying “oh you don’t play WvW at all”. I suppose I could see that being a problem but why isn’t the zerg res’ing you before they move on, if they survive? That is poor attitude on the other players.

It wasn’t my zerg that ran over me and left me for dead.

Aion for one, and yes it causes bag space problems, but publishers love to sell bag space.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

I dearly wish we had more crafting material slots as well. I bought an extra bank slot and I have a guild bank unlocked, but I still have too much stuff in general and too much disorganized clutter in particular.

And I also wish our loot went straight to our bags, at least in WvW.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Magiofdeath.2745

I do play WvW sometimes. You could of explained that instead of saying “oh you don’t play WvW at all”. I suppose I could see that being a problem but why isn’t the zerg res’ing you before they move on, if they survive? That is poor attitude on the other players.

It wasn’t my zerg that ran over me and left me for dead.

Aion for one, and yes it causes bag space problems, but publishers love to sell bag space.

I’m assuming you were with a zerg on your team, and your zerg got some kills and thus loot, but the opposing zerg killed your zerg and you weren’t able to get all your loot. Otherwise, you were alone when you got ran over by a zerg, and well, if you’re in WvW alone, that’s slightly your fault if a zerg comes down upon you when solo and kills you instantly. That’s not the loot system’s fault. I understand what you mean, but who knows if they’ll change the system. There’s just a lot of things that remain unchanged that should have never made it into launch or should have been fixed 3 months in.

I didn’t play Aion, heard it wasn’t that great, so never got into it.

Posted by: Whitenight.5106

Whitenight.5106

I am sure everyone knows about the bag/bank dilemma , dungeon token stacks being only 250…(which has been brought up countless times)

and everyone knows the answer as well…Anet want you to run out of space to purchase bag slot and bank slot with gems.

That is the reality of it.

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

why don’t you make your own guild, and use your guild bank for slots? We can represent as many guilds as we want to. I was thinking about doing that when I start to accumulate more mat pieces.