AMDs TressFX technology

AMDs TressFX technology

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kityn.8247

Kityn.8247

I was wondering if GW2 will have AMDs TressFX technology for more realistic hair movements? This tech works on grass,trees,ect as well.

I strongly suggest this to be added to GW2

AMDs TressFX technology

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

I think we need DX11 first, it was mentioned before the launch that it would be added to the game later on. Sadly, there was no info about it in the past 2 years and we have no idea if its ever going to be implemented to the game.

(edited by Venirto.4208)

AMDs TressFX technology

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I was wondering if GW2 will have Nvidia’s PhysX technology for more realistic cloth simulation, particle movements and object breakdown…

So no, not very likely to happen. At least not in the very near future.

One – Piken Square

AMDs TressFX technology

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Maybe they were waiting on DirectX 12?
Would make more sense to invest in working on it since its gonna be a big fix to 11s backend till cards support it, right?

Rawr?

AMDs TressFX technology

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

We wont get DX11 or 12 or 19. The game is coded as is and will be like this for the entire longevity of the game.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

AMDs TressFX technology

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

physX is a better idea anyway, what TressFX has as a “new” feature is something Nvidia has for years in physX.
devs know it for a longer time, the tech is less new and it’s easier to learn.

tho, realistic hair movement takes allot of resources and as mentioned, it needs DX11 to work properly.

AMDs TressFX technology

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think we need DX11 first, it was mentioned before the launch that it would be added to the game later on. Sadly, there was no info about it in the past 2 years and we have no idea if its ever going to be implemented to the game.

The quote from ANet was “We will be evaluating supporting Dx11 post launch.” That is hardly a promise to add it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151048222709209&set=a.135044094208.103264.114036714208&type=1

So far ANet hasn’t been taking sides in the GPU wars so I would doubt TressFX is in the cards even after Dx11 support is added at some mythical time in the future.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

AMDs TressFX technology

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

physX is a better idea anyway, what TressFX has as a “new” feature is something Nvidia has for years in physX.

tho, realistic hair movement takes allot of resources and as mentioned, it needs DX11 to work properly.

PhysX is a dead technology as it is based on X-86 code and is single-threaded. There is new tech around the corner but GW2 is DX9.3. They could update it, as they did with GW1 but it will take some work and optimization. Currently the game is heavy on the CPU and is single treaded.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

AMDs TressFX technology

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

PhysX is a dead technology as it is based on X-86 code and is single-threaded. There is new tech around the corner but GW2 is DX9.3. They could update it, as they did with GW1 but it will take some work and optimization. Currently the game is heavy on the CPU and is single treaded.

it’s 2014, physX has evolved beyond what you think.