ANET making jokes about the Ele class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frostaneous.6790

Frostaneous.6790

I’m sure alot of you know that the Ele can be pretty squishy, and alot of people get frustrated over it. In fact I even heard of a “exploit” for the class…where you make a thief and just press 2 over and over again. it seems to be a pretty big joke going around….so today I made a Sylvari ele and once I got out of the dream I noticed this sylvari crying…talked to her and…well just look at the screen shot. no idea if they have always been there or if ANET is just poking fun at the topic also.

Attachments:

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

LOL, well that’s, interesting.

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

it’s been there since beta
as have the complaints

Posted by: Frostaneous.6790

Frostaneous.6790

well still kinda though

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

lol, that’s quite amusing.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

LOL that’s awesome hahaha

Posted by: Kasoon.3758

Kasoon.3758

It’s been there since the beta phases, if I recall other ones you talk to say different classes in that area as well.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

she be carryin’ a hammer

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

I had to choose ele and ranger as my two main classes to play -_- An elementalit doesn’t hit like it should, and the ranger doesn’t have very many options and got a couple very huge nerfs since beta.

The NPC is hilarious though

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

this is the Ele “exploit” video he is referring to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Danno.5269

Danno.5269

Lol that made me laugh. Its sadly true in a lot of ways I was in sPvP today and i was the ONLY non thief class in my kitten party. Everyone knows they are overpowered so everyone is making one. I just can’t bring myself to make one when i enjoy being a ranger/ele

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If you had clicked further into the conversation you’d see that it was because he instructor found she had more talent with knives than magic and she is bummed because she doesn’t want to change.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

i played almost all of beta as an ele, and i didn’t find the game very dificult. i found ele to be a solid class, as long as you didn’t treat it like a typical fire or frost mage from other games.

my retail ele alt kills way faster than my beta ele. idk how people can believe it’s been nerfed. it’s crazy how much less effort i have to put into the toon in retail now than back in beta. i could spend several minutes kiting veteran mobs around, and now they’re down quicker than any other class i play now.

anyways i think playing ele well has a lot to do with attitiude and willingness to adapt. if you try to play it like a wow/warhammer/aion/rift/wowclone fire mage, you are gonna have a bad time.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

LOL “Number 2 like a boss!”. I do like my Ele but that video is still pretty funny.

anyways i think playing ele well has a lot to do with attitiude and willingness to adapt. if you try to play it like a wow/warhammer/aion/rift/wowclone fire mage, you are gonna have a bad time.

This is very true. I also think that many people that stick with and eventually do well with the Ele end up sticking with the class because it makes you adapt and that keeps it fun and interesting.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

i’ll note i did want a more nukery/mage like class to play in this game, and i found both warrior(rifle) and mesmer fit that bill wayyyyyyyyyyy better than ele.

ele is a very cool class. but i see so many people try to put it’s square peg into the round hole of typical “mage” classes. it’s really not much like your typical mmo mage at all.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Lol. So that’s where that thing came from.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

bummer that Anet make ele so weak in pve ore i play ele now but i cant enjoy it now if i die so much the damege is also a joke normaly a mage class must do very high damege beter then a warrior becouse of the low deff and low hp

but its seems warrior out rank all off that high hp high deff insane damege
so the perfect class for pve

maby they change it i hope
atm i try ranger and that class is very solid in pve as long my pet tank the most part

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

I think they may have problem with Eles. I noticed when I am on one of my heavy armor characters, I can pretty much stand in one spot spamming my attack skills, and the NPC beastie does follow suite.

But when I am on my Ele, as soon as I hit them with a spell they are running fast as they can right at me, and no matter how much I try to kite them they are always right in my face.

Why does their posture change, that much being on my ele? I want them to stand in place like they did when I was on my heavy armor character. Does ANet really try to make the game this annoying on purpose?

Posted by: Sarendalar.8502

Sarendalar.8502

Ever try an earth elemental? Just a suggestion.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i try that to but fire do most damege
but its stil not good compare to warrior
+ i need to run alot dodge alot and you only can roll back 2 times

and some mobs run very fast to you i talk about risen dunno why but there a pain in butt sometimes

so you more strugle to keep you self alive then kill them
so 3 risen is a very hard also when a blow up risen is near by -.-

so you mostly die in a few hits you get mad every time you die and mostly you quit

so its not rely fun to play for me

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

That’s been there since the start, and the reason is that the instructor recognizes that she’s very talented with a blade. But she wants to throw spells around and is upset at the idea of swapping paths. I wouldn’t read anything into that.

Posted by: Krustydog.1043

Krustydog.1043

THE saddest part is the best build (daggers) requires a guy in cloth to fight in melee range to do less damage than a guy in heavy armor does at range (warrior). I still want to play my ele and stubbornly do sometimes but its not a, you know, serious thing.

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

They like to joke about their awful balance choices, it’s hilarious in an entirely ironic way.

It’s just like how they made a thing of referring to Izzy and the application of his amazing balance techniques with Smiter’s Boon on GW1.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

that’s a 10/10 npc if i ever seen one.

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

Lolol that made me rofl even IMO ele’s aren’t that bad as everyone says (ele as main). And can thiefs really spam 7k damage skills lol? That kitten is overpowered simple because most players only have 15-20k hp so 3 hits is a kill and they even have stealth xDD

….

I wish my ele could do that.

Posted by: ExDead.3945

ExDead.3945

i just find it too ironic that the instructor is telling her to switch because she’s better with knives when an ele can still use daggers to a very successful degree

Posted by: Artemis Noir.3804

Artemis Noir.3804

That’s pretty funny

Seriously, however, the Ele is easily my favourite class, even if it isn’t the nuker of more conventional MMOs. I have tried most of the professions and for me none have the same level of fun and diversity. I play a twin-daggered condition and power focused character; it’s a blast, literally.

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

Ele is a great class if you play it properly but from a few of the comments here it’s clear you’re not because most people expect Ele to play like the other classes do, or like a Mage, and it doesn’t at all. I’d say actually a few of the other classes are too easy and should be fixed. This game is supposed to have an action combat feel to it, which the Ele does quite well, but when a Ranger or Warrior or Guardian or Thief can just stand there and spam 1-2 and suddenly a bunch of mobs are dead. Not how the game was meant to be played which is not the players fault, it’s more the Devs fault for poor class design. I think more classes need to be along the lines of Ele. Lots of fun, very engaging and complex, and quite capable when you know what you’re doing.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

LOL “Number 2 like a boss!”. I do like my Ele but that video is still pretty funny.

This is very true. I also think that many people that stick with and eventually do well with the Ele end up sticking with the class because it makes you adapt and that keeps it fun and interesting.

Well… never played any of those games anyhow so I should be good. =oP