ANET model, GW 2 game changes and Community

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShaoYun.3861

ShaoYun.3861

I have been reading the foruns and saw a lot of people complaining and a lot of people defending anet…. Well thing is thanks to god (or what ever diety/god or not you belive) people have diferent opinions but not everyone understand this.
So my point being, GW2 is anet propriety so they can actualy do what ever they want including shady business model as long it respects the “law” if you are unsatisfied like me you can complaing on the forums but its not like its gona have any effect (but you are welcome to try) OR you can do like me that downloaded 30GB of files just to see that the game you used to play is not the same and then unistall. I have actualy no complains to anet its just that i dont feel that the game is worth paying again to play, idk mabye ill wait for the next expansion and buy 2 in 1…. So resuming if you dont like it dont play it its simple.
Now to all the people defending a net, im glad you guys liked it and have money to buy it, i don’t. I live in Brasil and well 1 Dollar here is worth 4 reais so basicaly id have to pay 200 reais (real is not like the chinese renminbi so 200 reais is like 200 dollars), but if you guys wana buy for me id be more than happy XD. But be carefull uppon accepting everything a government or company throws at you.

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Not really accepting everything, but at +1000 hours played in my case, it works out at less than 5 pence per hour, unbeatable value for money for something that I really enjoy doing.
The money I’m paying for the expansion is equally justified in my opinion as again, I’ve spent more on a whim on Steam sales on games that I’ve barely played.

ShaoYun.3861

True people tend to complain about spending 50 bucks in the game but when you see their steam account there are games that does not even have 1 hour of gameplay.
I would not go as far as 1k+ hours of GW2 but i have my fare share of time spent, still with 1k+ hours for the people in Brasil that have bought the main game for 120 bucks of our corrency and then pay another 200 would not be worth it. Not anet’s fault though

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

whats 4989 hours devided by $60…. thats roughly .8 cents an hour? I think I have had a good ROI on this game.

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

I feel for you, sometimes I forget how it is to live in a poorer country. Being originally from Portugal I can relate to how everything is just so much more expensive compared to the 1st world countries.
On the upside you live in a wonderful country full of very good looking people, with a wonderful culture and amazing culture, while I spend most of the year enduring the wonderful British weather…

Espero que consigas poupar dinheiro suficiente para comprares a expansão, ou podes esperar uns meses e comprar quando estiver em saldos. Boa sorte

Posted by: HenleyLegoMan.4987

HenleyLegoMan.4987

That old logic, we have had hours of gameplay at 5 pence per hour is funny. It’s used to make people who are complaining about the expansion think that because they have such a cheap hourly play rate they should simply shut up and stop complaining. Good tactic, but nefarious at best.

Value isn’t just how many hours you get from a product based on initial price, it’s about the quality of the product you have paid for. With gw2 the game, we have all received great quality value for our money.

As for HoT however, it is beginning to dawn on people that they are not getting or are going to get the quality for there money. They will certainly get the hours, oh yes they will get the hours and hours and hours of gameplay. It’s just that all those hours will be spent unlocking stuff so that they can actually play the product they paid for!

Did you have to unlock any item or learn new stuff to be able to continue the original guild wars 2 story? Only the level required change recently put that time gate on it. Before, you could access story of you were not the recommended level.

HoT to me is just a mess. It’s as clear as mud and for a first experience of verdant brink and the real expansion I cannot believe what a state it is. When u finally find a mystery point and you die in 3 seconds when you step near it, you begin to realise Anet have spun is a yarn, a very very long yarn indeed.

There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.

ShaoYun.3861

That old logic, we have had hours of gameplay at 5 pence per hour is funny. It’s used to make people who are complaining about the expansion think that because they have such a cheap hourly play rate they should simply shut up and stop complaining. Good tactic, but nefarious at best.

Value isn’t just how many hours you get from a product based on initial price, it’s about the quality of the product you have paid for. With gw2 the game, we have all received great quality value for our money.

As for HoT however, it is beginning to dawn on people that they are not getting or are going to get the quality for there money. They will certainly get the hours, oh yes they will get the hours and hours and hours of gameplay. It’s just that all those hours will be spent unlocking stuff so that they can actually play the product they paid for!

Did you have to unlock any item or learn new stuff to be able to continue the original guild wars 2 story? Only the level required change recently put that time gate on it. Before, you could access story of you were not the recommended level.

HoT to me is just a mess. It’s as clear as mud and for a first experience of verdant brink and the real expansion I cannot believe what a state it is. When u finally find a mystery point and you die in 3 seconds when you step near it, you begin to realise Anet have spun is a yarn, a very very long yarn indeed.

well my friend I agree with you but like I said before its their game they put whatever the price they find to be the propper one. Thing is someone is always willing to take the risk and pay for a product that is uncertain with that in mind your job is to find their reviews and see if its worth for you or not. If not you got to accept that anet has a diferent vision about the game than you and there truly is nothing you can do about it but complain and I can asure you that unless they have some kind of financial loss it will continue ALMOST the way it is now. But their financial loss does not depends on your complains sadly

Posted by: virus.4370

virus.4370

well my friend I agree with you but like I said before its their game they put whatever the price they find to be the propper one. Thing is someone is always willing to take the risk and pay for a product that is uncertain with that in mind your job is to find their reviews and see if its worth for you or not. If not you got to accept that anet has a diferent vision about the game than you and there truly is nothing you can do about it but complain and I can asure you that unless they have some kind of financial loss it will continue ALMOST the way it is now. But their financial loss does not depends on your complains sadly

“Thing is someone is always willing to take the risk and pay for a product that is uncertain”..my parents taught me a saying " a fool and their money soon part"