ANET position on conditions problem?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AndRec.3496

AndRec.3496

more than a year ago people and dev were facing and discussing the problem of the condition cap and possible solution, the answers and suggestions were something like:
increase the cap, personal cap ,we are working on that and many other like:
separate pve,pvp cap… etc…

now after more than 2 year from release and 1 from the above discussions , which is the position of ANET on the subject? are you still thinking about solution, not caring, caring but don’t have time…? working as intended??

this doesn’t want to be an angry post or nothing mean, just an informative post to let us, the community, to have your official position on this today.

Sorry if my english hurted someone, but I’m not a native speaker and writing this from my phone nonetheless

link to some of the discussion reported even from dulfy :
http://dulfy.net/2013/02/25/gw2-arenanet-looking-into-condition-caps/

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I talked to a couple of the devs just now, and they told me this is a subject they’re still reviewing and considering how best to address. It’s part of a larger discussion, as you can imagine, and changes would necessarily involve a few elements, not just condition caps alone.

While there aren’t details on changes or a timeframe in which they would be done, you can be sure that this is being reviewed by the devs and considered as part of the big picture and potential adjustments in the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

AndRec.3496

I talked to a couple of the devs just now, and they told me this is a subject they’re still reviewing and considering how best to address. It’s part of a larger discussion, as you can imagine, and changes would necessarily involve a few elements, not just condition caps alone.

While there aren’t details on changes or a timeframe in which they would be done, you can be sure that this is being reviewed by the devs and considered as part of the big picture and potential adjustments in the future.

Wow didnt expected this that fast, thank you Gaile! Nice to hear you are aware of this and discussing about! I want to be optimistic this time hoping you will do that right
Ill put my tip here for a fast bandage to the problem: let for now at least for the most damaging stack to overwrite the less damaging ( less condi damage) , that would let more use in dungeon and world bosses for more spec and let the condi set be an option in the waiting of the above “rework” if ever will happen)
Just my 2 copper

A fast edit to say im glad to be part of this community with this “staff-to-player talking”

(edited by AndRec.3496)

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

Thank you for responding to this question. Hearing anything on the matter is welcome.

That said, I’m really disappointed that given the scope of the problem and the timeframes involved that it’s no further forward than it was (or that we were led to believe) 2 years ago.

I thought the clash in philosophy from the intention of the much of the games design decisions so that players would welcome the involvement of other players to the reality that another conditions specced player undermines every other condition specced player (or even hybrids) would be a prime concern. Oh well.

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

How about a CDI for this? I’d love to try being a terrormancer in pve if it was useful. Maybe whenever the stack is hit it resets and gives the npc a severely damaging and stacking debuff? Like 25 stacks of bleed= 1 stack of gushing?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Would you be able to twist their elbow to have a CDI on it :V?

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Thanks for taking the time to interface and reply, Gaile, can’t stress it enough (even if it is your new hat, it is still appreciated).

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

AndRec.3496

How about a CDI for this? I’d love to try being a terrormancer in pve if it was useful. Maybe whenever the stack is hit it resets and gives the npc a severely damaging and stacking debuff? Like 25 stacks of bleed= 1 stack of gushing?

Up for the CDI , its time now, at least to talk about the subject openly! Its been underrated for too much in the community, when in reality its a real fault in the system

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

dace — I wouldn’t want you to think that this has been a static thing, that there’s been no movement on this. There’s been assessment, analysis, and discussion. The devs have considered changes and some they’ve outright rejected where others are still in the running and need assessing in relation to the bigger picture that I mentioned earlier. If there aren’t details to provide overtly — and right now there are not — there is activity happening covertly. So I would say that progress has been made.

CDI on this? I don’t know what Chris Whiteside’s schedule is for CDI’s, and I know his bandwidth is stretched thin. (He has a boatload of stuff on his plate, that for sure!) However, I’ll ping him about that and he can consider if it would fall into the CDI format, and if so, when.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

AndRec.3496

dace — I wouldn’t want you to think that this has been a static thing, that there’s been no movement on this. There’s been assessment, analysis, and discussion. The devs have considered changes and some they’ve outright rejected where others are still in the running and need assessing in relation to the bigger picture that I mentioned earlier. If there aren’t details to provide overtly — and right now there are not — there is activity happening covertly. So I would say that progress has been made.

CDI on this? I don’t know what Chris Whiteside’s schedule is for CDI’s, and I know his bandwidth is stretched thin. (He has a boatload of stuff on his plate, that for sure!) However, I’ll ping him about that and he can consider if it would fall into the CDI format, and if so, when.

GG Gaile! And Please let us know for future updates on the subject
Thank you for the time to explain us

Xae Isareth.1364

Im not expecting things to do anywhere soon. On a PvE basis, conditions are pretty much designed for a single-player game in terms of doing damage.

It’d take a revamp from the ground up to make conditions competitive or even viable in the case of Burn. On the other hand, since they don’t want to separate PvP and PvE, they have to make this solution sensible there as well.

It’s a nightmare.

Things would be a lot easier if they let go of this PvE-PvP unity. Then you got a lot more wiggle room to solve problems.

AndRec.3496

Im not expecting things to do anywhere soon. On a PvE basis, conditions are pretty much designed for a single-player game in terms of doing damage.

It’d take a revamp from the ground up to make conditions competitive or even viable in the case of Burn. On the other hand, since they don’t want to separate PvP and PvE, they have to make this solution sensible there as well.

It’s a nightmare.

Things would be a lot easier if they let go of this PvE-PvP unity. Then you got a lot more wiggle room to solve problems.

Yeah its a nightmare but take retaliation they capped it only for pvp, so they do that kind of thing… And i would say, all mm out there in the end have managed dot damage, in the end even gw2 will manage ( i hope) … As a last resource: put the condi damage as a static damage, like other have done ( i apply bleed on 1000 CD? It stay at 1000 even if might is added) so the server usage go dramatically down, is more “realistic”, and open new door to fix the problem, in the end having a dynamic damage but that cant be handled server side and cause only problem, is Not a feature…

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

dace — I wouldn’t want you to think that this has been a static thing, that there’s been no movement on this.

Thanks for elaborating.

It’s not the notion that nothing is being done, I didn’t think that. What is disappointing is that it feels a long way off. Many players silently nurse a fragile hope that a fix is just around the corner. I’m one. Well, I was. It’s a two-sided coin. Yay for confirmation that it’s being worked on! Boo that we shouldn’t be holding our breath.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

This is not a new problem, this is something we’ve been dealing with for two years now. If they haven’t figured anything out in that time, then they’re in a bit of trouble. It would be nice to at least hear what the rejected ideas were, and why.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Is there a reason why objects and such aren’t affected by conditions? How did the devs not see these issues arise, did they not play GW2 during development ? lol every other MMO I played has your own condition limit and doesn’t care who else has condition on a target.

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Is there a reason why objects and such aren’t affected by conditions? How did the devs not see these issues arise, did they not play GW2 during development ? lol every other MMO I played has your own condition limit and doesn’t care who else has condition on a target.

First off, Guild Wars 2 isn’t the only mmo to have to wrap their head around this issue, you’ve said as much. But what you seem to be forgetting is that other mmos have also had to limit condition/damage over time skills for their own reasons. Wow had similar issues, I should know, I played an affliction Warlock for a long time. People complained there for many years before they changed which dots got refreshed, overwritten, and how many were alotted. There were reasons for the limitations, and when the opportunity presented itself, they were able to change it. It’s no different here. Don’t pretend that there aren’t limitations or considerations in designing condition damage. It ain’t easy.

Edit: Comparing how condition/dot damage works in one mmo to GW2 is also not necessarily apples to apples. The details man, the details.

(edited by nightwulf.1986)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

In other words, there’s no movement on this.

Talking about doing something isn’t the same as doing something. Lobbing a few shots in the general direction of a target isn’t the same as hitting a target. A skritt’s pet rock could have spent just as long working on it, and come up with the same results we’re seeing today.

Or, as someone once put it: “Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry?”

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

nightwulf.1986

In other words, there’s no movement on this.

Talking about doing something isn’t the same as doing something. Lobbing a few shots in the general direction of a target isn’t the same as hitting a target. A skritt’s pet rock could have spent just as long working on it, and come up with the same results we’re seeing today.

Or, as someone once put it: “Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry?”

Question! How do they fix something without talking about it? Question 2! Do you want them to impose on themselves an arbitrary deadline for completion, a meaningful deadline, or just a deadline? And what is the difference between the three?

Edit: Ok, it doesn’t sound like you “actually” think they aren’t doing anything just that you think they’ve taken too long. I don’t really think either of us knows what limitations there are on getting this sort of project done, as knowing that would certainly inform our opinions on what is a reasonable time frame.

(edited by nightwulf.1986)

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Mob stats could also need a redesign…

As a part of the problem, due to lack of variance in stats, impotent abilities, slow attack speed and bad usage of rank ratios…

Why?

• Mob with more health pretty much resists conditions, but not direct dmg.
  • Mob with very low armor is highly vulnerable to direct dmg, which will result in higher damage numbers than what conditions can do.
  • Mob with poor abilities will not grant it more capabilities of resisting damage (or dealing it).
  • And the other problems with the mob design, especially the problem that huge majority of open world PvE mobs pretty much reduces the combat experience into same as other MMORPGs, that utilize passive defense and less active defense…
I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

First off, Guild Wars 2 isn’t the only mmo to have to wrap their head around this issue, you’ve said as much. But what you seem to be forgetting is that other mmos have also had to limit condition/damage over time skills for their own reasons. Wow had similar issues, I should know, I played an affliction Warlock for a long time. People complained there for many years before they changed which dots got refreshed, overwritten, and how many were alotted. There were reasons for the limitations, and when the opportunity presented itself, they were able to change it. It’s no different here. Don’t pretend that there aren’t limitations or considerations in designing condition damage. It ain’t easy.

Edit: Comparing how condition/dot damage works in one mmo to GW2 is also not necessarily apples to apples. The details man, the details.

Sure maybe when WoW was new.. is it wrong to expect an MMO in 2012 (release) not to have issues with conditions? If it is such a flawed system in GW2 why even have conditions at all unless they had a solid system to run them? Just because games circa 2004 had issues doesn’t mean it is acceptable in 2014 lol

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Would absolutely love a CDI because apparently a year of posting solutions in the suggestions folder and then posting it in other balance threads in which devs have replied didn’t help.

There were several simple solutions like the changing of a certain stack into another kind of stack “Bleed into deep wounds” and the removal of all conditions from abilities unless the player is using a condition build (ie grande master in condition damage line) so there are no longer any extra condition stackers outside of those who actually use conditions. There’s also no scaling to be heard of (much like healing) and there are no crits really (a great example of crits being done right are shadow priest and Curse Warlock in WoW where crits are big and rightly so)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I’m not sure how a CDI would help, in this instance. I don’t think it’s a problem with lack of ideas. From what they’ve said previously, the main problem is technical limitations. The second problem is re-balancing absolutely everything in the game.

FrostSpectre.4198

Just remember that if mobs die too fast under Direct Dmg, then all work on conditions for PvE atleast, will be for nothing…

On other hand, I wonder if Vulnerability should increase condition dmg on ticks.

Atleast 1 player’s opinion was that it’d be good for PvE and PvP…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It would be great if a working solution was introduced the next features patch. I only pve so there is one event outside of dungeons that I can use a good condi build and I have a lot of fun doing that one event. It would be nice to have more.

AndRec.3496

I think that some fast condi patch could easily compliment with some of the new raid possibly mechanics , like high toughness mob (non skippable) or with mobs that can move away from the stack, so condi could still put pressure during moviment fase of the mob ( chasing race??) , revaluating even cc and group composition diversification in a party. I know that every one in this game should be able to do the same thing, but that doesnt mean they should be a le with every build, like now zerker are king off all pve, in raid maybe a condy player could have a job, a cc player ( all class can build for cc utility) another, and zerker can continue to burst in determinated event in the fight… The famous cc, support, damage trinity, just more bounded to build and armor type choices, Not only prebuilt weapon functions and few utility like WoR… All that just with some change and specialization to specific condition.
Let su all have th esame possibilities, but add more dept and diversification throw stats and build

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I was under the impression (due to the Ready Up! a few month back that detailed the changes) that the changes bringing about ferocity were part of the big picture changes for damage. Conditions were mentioned in that regard. Is this another case of making meaningless changes as pieces of a larger scheme that doesn’t exist, like Fractal reset because of imaginary leader boards?

Posted by: Marmag.5823

Marmag.5823

Without any hard feeling, in my opinion answering that you’re “discussing” on the matter after 2 year it’s not enough to keep a customer attached to your product.
For the sake of being naive, I bought the game following the promise of “play the way you want”. As a basic fact, I can’t without being totally “invisible” to the game mechanics.
Being more realistic, Arenanet showed me the lack of ability in problem solving.
This, with some other reasons, made me quit playing. Who cares? No one, but it’s 100% sure I, as a customer, won’t spend any single cent on the game in the future.
And I bet I’m not alone in this.

Posted by: Mercypsy.9602

Mercypsy.9602

All I can say is I’m so glad to finally have some word on this. It’s so bad in PvE these days that people don’t even consider condition builds, effectively relegating much of the traits and gear to the sidelines in this game mode. Build diversity and game complexity suffers.

Do I wish this had been fixed by now? Yes! But still, thank you so much for finally letting us know conditions are being looked at actively. Fixing this would revitialize PvE. And thanks to the OP for asking the question in a way that got it answered!

AndRec.3496

All I can say is I’m so glad to finally have some word on this. It’s so bad in PvE these days that people don’t even consider condition builds, effectively relegating much of the traits and gear to the sidelines in this game mode. Build diversity and game complexity suffers.

Do I wish this had been fixed by now? Yes! But still, thank you so much for finally letting us know conditions are being looked at actively. Fixing this would revitialize PvE. And thanks to the OP for asking the question in a way that got it answered!

Thank you to take part in the discussion, its just that i like the game, and like invest my time in it, so was thinking about these kind of thing that can ruine the enjoyment of the game, like the game where you can build how you want but Not really, its a fact that who enjoy the pve side, have just 1 or 2 zerk build or have hard time with the game cause its a fact that the game actually dont require other than strait damage and even trying the condi way you can only meet a series of capping problem EVEN if you are the only dedicated condi in a party..

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The problem of condition builds in PvE in GW2 has existed for years. There is no possibility, in my opinion, that this concern was not obvious to competent developers from its earliest design stage. The idea that this so fundamentally flawed system ever made its way to live is shocking, the fact that fixing it is still in the discussion stage 2 or 3 or more years later even more so.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Solution:

When condition cap is exceeded on bleeds or torments, stacks with the least remaining time or damage immediately deal their remaining damage, or some percentage of it to their target and are replaced by the new stack.

This could work for poison and burning too.

Not sure about non-damaging conds, like confusion or vulnerability.

(edited by ipan.4356)

AndRec.3496

Solution:

When condition cap is exceeded on bleeds, stacks with the least remaining time or damage immediately deal their remaining damage, or some percentage of it to their target and are replaced by the new stack.

This could work for poison and burning too.

Not sure about non-damaging conds, like confusion or vulnerability.

I think non damaging are fine, stack in duration, and vulnerability should have a cap anyway

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

tl;dr

Nothing’s changing soon, we’ve been trying for 2 years and have been unable to balance our own game. Sorry! But please don’t think we don’t care, because we really do, you just can’t tell if you judge us on our work or announced changes!

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Sure maybe when WoW was new.. is it wrong to expect an MMO in 2012 (release) not to have issues with conditions? If it is such a flawed system in GW2 why even have conditions at all unless they had a solid system to run them? Just because games circa 2004 had issues doesn’t mean it is acceptable in 2014 lol

^ This.. this person seems to understand that.

Sure all MMO /game design has its issues and limitations, but if that kind of limitation was never picked up in development then something is definitely amiss. If however it was then why the heck was such a flawed system allowed to be rolled out until such a time as it was a viable mechanic.

Sorry if I too sound negative, but to me this surmounts to nothing but excuses.
I think the player base gets it, condition damage is an issue outside of single player and has been since before launch, and to date we are still having a meeting to discuss the issues and throw some “apparent” alternatives into the soup, but hey we’re still discussing it.

Surely a major mechanic that is firmly bolted to the core combat system of the game needs a little more than a 2yr discussion. No one is saying its an easy problem to solve but if its still only at discussion level after this time then its serious enough to have never been allowed to become part of the game prior to launch imo..

This, much like the comment from devs around issues that became obvious once the camera system was implemented during development, to me raises some pretty loud alarm bells

nightwulf.1986

tl;dr

Nothing’s changing soon, we’ve been trying for 2 years and have been unable to balance our own game. Sorry! But please don’t think we don’t care, because we really do, you just can’t tell if you judge us on our work or announced changes!

I’m pretty sure that if we looked at the history of damage over time skills in mmos, you’d find it to be a bit more sordid than what you are suggesting with this critique. Seriously, has every single mmo come up with a damage over time system that works great with no complaints and GW2 is the only one to get this wrong? That is the impression I’m getting from a lot of the complaints here. Maybe my perspective is a bit off. I’m totally open to the analysis of a working condition/damage over time system that people are particularly fond of. And please, when discussing functionality, identify both the pros and cons of said system. Remember, no system is perfect.

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

I’d like to just leave this here:

I have shattered the Shatterer, drowned Tequatl, burned Claw of Jormag, stripped Zhaitan’s wings, and made the Shadow of the Dragon flee in terror.
Why is my character getting feared by a measily devourere?!

Mercypsy.9602

Paradoxically, I suspect the low activity in this thread (given the importance of the issue) is a good indication of how badly this needs to change. People simply don’t care about conditions in PvE. Either they don’t think it will ever change, or they’ve settled into their power builds, bought their power gear and just don’t care anymore. Only chumps still run conditions in PvE I guess.

It’s sad how this issue limits what would otherwise be a beautifully crafted and complex build system with lots of variety and room for individuality.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

PvE most definitely needs an overhaul to allow condition builds/classes to become a viable option that is on-par with power builds in terms of dps. Necromancers have been shunned from dungeons for a very long time (seriously devs, please take a look at the necro forum section every once in a while) and it really needs to be sorted out

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The issue with conditions is that they need:

—a BUFF in PvE
—a NERF in WvW and PvP

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Paradoxically, I suspect the low activity in this thread (given the importance of the issue) is a good indication of how badly this needs to change. People simply don’t care about conditions in PvE. Either they don’t think it will ever change, or they’ve settled into their power builds, bought their power gear and just don’t care anymore. Only chumps still run conditions in PvE I guess.

People already discussed this a year ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/tequatl/Please-stop-neglecting-conditions-in-PvE/first

It’s an obvious issue. Plenty of suggestions have been made. Nothing has happened. Discussion isn’t worth the effort.

Mercypsy.9602

People already discussed this a year ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/tequatl/Please-stop-neglecting-conditions-in-PvE/first

It’s an obvious issue. Plenty of suggestions have been made. Nothing has happened. Discussion isn’t worth the effort.

I agree that there’s not much more to discuss on this topic. There have been multiple threads and suggestions over the past two years. It’s just such an important thing I would have thought people would be stoked to finally see a red post on this topic, and that some support for making this a priority would surface.

FrostSpectre.4198

I wonder if they have issues coming up with an solution, because it could potentially destroy the casual design of GW2.

As Conditions along some other mechanics that create and combat Longevity, if the mobs are left as they are, those mechanics will never see use outside very few dungeons and few mobs on whole GW2, even if conditions and other mechanics are updated.

For WvW/PvP, mechanics that create and combat Longevity have pretty much equal chances, due to huge variety of builds used, when compared to current state of PvE.
Another difference in WvW/PvP, is that there are more targets for Longevity type mechanics, PvE having huge number of similar trash mobs that die too quickly while limiting Longevity mechanics to the smallest group of targets.

One way to create better use for Conditions and other mechanics, is to increase game difficulty, to avoid putting mobs that die in 1-3 seconds, activate skills very slow and don’t put up a fight.

If mobs cannot put up a proper fight, creating use for mechanics that work on Longevity can be difficult…

But this is just a thought, atleast when keeping Conditions as DoT, as much as possible…

Of course, it’d be nice to have engaging combat scenario, while solo, and have the feeling that use of any build has impact and results, while still keeping difficulty quite low…

Solutions like “add more HP” doesn’t work, since high HP hinders Direct Dmg very little, while makes it even harder for conditions…

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

Since this is a PvE issue, and the devs have historically made nearly all their balance modifications with PvP alone in mind, I highly doubt this will get a solid fix.

PvE is fundamentally broken. ANet can’t figure out how to fix it without an overhaul.

At this point, what you see is what you get.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

It need a big buff in PVE and a nerf in PVP so it kinda tricky…

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

You forgot to add: “for two years now…”

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

This one, single post has restored my faith in ANET. This is all I have asked for. A clear response. Thank you so so so so so so much

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

This one, single post has restored my faith in ANET. This is all I have asked for. A clear response. Thank you so so so so so so much

How so? Sure the communication is good, but this has been a major issue since day 1 and we are at 2+ years now with no fix. I can’t even understand how the system made it into the game because it’s just bad, ArenaNet managed to bungle something that no MMO in the past 5+ years have had issues with that I know of. WoW solved it’s debuff issue within a year of release, learn from the past. I honestly don’t understand how a game where they wanted tons of people to do content together didn’t take into account condition caps. Burning and poison are just horrible since adding to duration is useless when it’s applied so often, that also makes using poison/fire combo fields for conditions useless. That’s pure bad design there. The fact that it only takes 2 condition builds to cap out other conditions makes me wonder if they thought about it all, because it doesn’t take much math to know that if there are 2 major damage methods that you’re going to have more than 2 condition builds at large events.

They’ve said the EXACT same thing before. Read this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Comfirmed-Nothing-being-done-re-conditions/first

If you’re going to reuse the same excuse from a year ago you need to at least include new information. Otherwise it looks like you’re just placating the community, they often don’t like that. Also, show some results. ArenaNet looks absolutely incompetent that after 1 year they couldn’t even decide on a decision and instead just leave their community to suffer while they continue to fumble at every turn.

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

It’s not important enough for them to work on. If they really wanted to solve the problem, they could have done it months ago.
Just saying same thing over and over again that they are reviewing and working on it, doesn’t change the mater that absolutely nothing has been done with it.

Since the last year post about this subject we have had multiple changes, some of them big and some of them small. But nothing on conditions. Just remove them if you can’t fix them.

Xae Isareth.1364

It’s not important enough for them to work on. If they really wanted to solve the problem, they could have done it months ago.
Just saying same thing over and over again that they are reviewing and working on it, doesn’t change the mater that absolutely nothing has been done with it.

Since the last year post about this subject we have had multiple changes, some of them big and some of them small. But nothing on conditions. Just remove them if you can’t fix them.

It’s a mammoth of a task to fix them. The way conditions work in terms of PvE is broken on a fundamental level.

The system is pretty much something aimed at best an instanced co-RPG with a party size of 3, where as GW2’s idea of PvE is massive events in the open world. It cannot be more wrong even if you tried.

Take Burning for example. In an event of 50 people, even if one of them ran something with burning in it, it makes all the burning the other 49 people use pointless. That, for the lack of a better word, is just silly to put into a MMO.

I’m not trying to say could have done better but I don’t think they thought this all though when they made it, so now if they want to fix this mess, they need to remake the whole system from the ground up, which will take a long time.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

You have CDIs on many far less important or “day to day” issues, issues which have far less impact on gameplay or perception of the game, so I think Chris may need to make time for this CDI.

I know people (including my wife) who no longer play GW2 because they feel so worthless in PVE because of it, and they not playing has knock-on effects making others play less too. Personally it means I feel like there’s a whole swathe of builds that I just can’t use for PVE, and every time I bump into it, I feel like GW2 is not a well-designed game.

It may be a hard issue, or one that takes a long time to fix, but it deserves a CDI, and it deserves discussion.