ANET thank you:)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

nobody is forcing you to get the new gear, heck we dont even know very much about it. i highly doubt the game is gonna force you to grind for hours and hours for an extra 10 precision lol.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Exactly, people will even take you with the old rare and exotic gear in arah. Only the most elitist snobs would exclude you for not having best possible gear.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

karma.8763

Also forgot to mention…..did anybody say we HAD to grind for hours? the gear might come alot easier then you think:)

Posted by: Silver Chopper.4506

Silver Chopper.4506

Ah, so you admit how pointless it is to grind for increased stats that balance out against mobs with higher hp?
So you admit new content can be had without the unnecessary power creep.

Posted by: Revrak.8594

Revrak.8594

this is a non argument, equivalent to “dont like it?, dont play it”.
you are required exotics for hardcore guild dungeon runs, you will require this new tier (and the next, and the next…) even if it gives +1 precision.

karma.8763

this is a non argument, equivalent to “dont like it?, dont play it”.
you are required exotics for hardcore guild dungeon runs, you will require this new tier (and the next, and the next…) even if it gives +1 precision.

Since when? my guild dont do that, and we have no problems, when i pug this never happens. Not sure who your running with LOL.

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

I like new content.

Plus I like content that is semi-gated so it doesn’t turnout to be what dungeon exploration modes turned out to be where everyone insists you skip the cinematics for speed clears.

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

And for the rest of us unfortunate souls who have to put up with elitism from anyone with ascended gear?

It’s all forcing. We’re either forced to get the new gear or forced to not participate in content.

Great kitten job Anet.

karma.8763

And for the rest of us unfortunate souls who have to put up with elitism from anyone with ascended gear?

It’s all forcing. We’re either forced to get the new gear or forced to not participate in content.

Great kitten job Anet.

You will only be forced to get this gear for the new dungeon because of the dungeon mechanic:)

Posted by: Guitarzero.8316

Guitarzero.8316

so a new dungeon
which is “endless”
give you a stat
to get through its harder versions (of areas you’ve done)
for a challenge

and you’re all mad??
i don’t get it….
in the beginning people would only take 80s in explore mode but that changed fairly quickly when everyone realized that didn’t matter
this will be the same until you reach crazy depths of the new dungeon

more to do = thumbs up from me

piitb.7635

Great kitten job Anet.

Ascended gear is for the top most difficulty.

You’ll be able to do all content but the highest level difficulty. And by the time you get to the highest difficulty, you will already have in your possession some ascended gear that allows you to survive said difficulty.

So could you stop whining about it?

karma.8763

so a new dungeon
which is “endless”
give you a stat
to get through its harder versions (of areas you’ve done)
for a challenge

and you’re all mad??
i don’t get it….
in the beginning people would only take 80s in explore mode but that changed fairly quickly when everyone realized that didn’t matter
this will be the same until you reach crazy depths of the new dungeon

more to do = thumbs up from me

EXACTLY

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

nobody is forcing you to get the new gear, heck we dont even know very much about it. i highly doubt the game is gonna force you to grind for hours and hours for an extra 10 precision lol.

you are wrong.

1: if they give people what they are wanting beyond the dungeon only gear and keep that as the only ascended gear sets available (IE not craftable), specifically if they give people gearcheck and dps meters then yes people will start demanding fully geared people to run anything.

2: yes people will require you to do that for hours just to join their groups. We’ve seen it time and time again in other mmo’s or have people forgotten history entirely?

3: they haven’t addressed open world DR/MF issues so that people can actually farm mats yet but they added this right away didn’t they. Not to mention it’s completely the opposite of the type of game they advertised.

Anet No Thank You.

You can keep the dungeons as the only means of progression thing.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

karma.8763

you are wrong.

1: if they give people what they are wanting beyond the dungeon only gear and keep that as the only ascended gear sets available (IE not craftable), specifically if they give people gearcheck and dps meters then yes people will start demanding fully geared people to run anything.

2: yes people will require you to do that for hours just to join their groups. We’ve seen it time and time again in other mmo’s or have people forgotten history entirely?

3: they haven’t addressed open world DR/MF issues so that people can actually farm mats yet but they added this right away didn’t they. Not to mention it’s completely the opposite of the type of game they advertised.

The new gear is only needed for the harder parts of the new dungeon lol

piitb.7635

you are wrong.

Anet No Thank You.

Ascended gear as of the patch is only relevant to Fractals of the Mists.

It will affect 0% of the rest of the game.

So much bellyache for so early in the morning.

karma.8763

you are wrong.

Anet No Thank You.

Ascended gear as of the patch is only relevant to Fractals of the Mists.

It will affect 0% of the rest of the game.

So much bellyache for so early in the morning.

Thank you

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

all i can say that in every mmorpg you have difrent kind of pll that play difrent then orthers
you always have that and it wil stay so to

so for a companies its very hard to keep every 1 happy
you have pve,s like me
you have pvp,s
you have orther types to

so how you gone get every1 happy its not easy trust me
most game companies i play focus alot on weapen and gear
becouse alot love to kill orthers

sell items in cash shop make your gear + 10 easy and wola they are having fun
some dont like it but its stil mony for the companie

most companies looking for that to how to get more cash
and ubber gear work very well in most mmorpg with alot of pvp/open pk in it

for pve,s they must look for something els
i have play for years open pk game
sorry GM for the name -.-
Dekaron its a old open pk game you must like its a very heavy gear and weapen based
pll with grap gear are losers simple as that

so you are forced a bit to buy gems to get a beter succes rate to get to + 9
you can try with out it but the change your weapen get broken is high

and in this way a companie get his mony and its for every companie out there
so for Anet i stil dunno what they gone do but am sure sooner ore later they need more cash with ubber gear ore weapens ore something difrent what pll like

sorry for my bad english

Posted by: Guitarzero.8316

Guitarzero.8316

you are wrong.

your first point is an all out guess…don’t make it into fact. I could say they plan on taking out dungeons completely and focusing only on PVP since they want to be a tournament type game but it doesn’t make it true

your second point i already dabbled into earlier. In the beginning everyone said 80s could only do the explore mode dungeons. Now as long as you hit the base cap ppl take you because we all realized it doesn’t matter. The community is smarter than you think unless you for some reason seek out elitists or you are one yourself.

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Great kitten job Anet.

You’ll be able to do all content but the highest level difficulty. And by the time you get to the highest difficulty, you will already have in your possession some ascended gear that allows you to survive said difficulty.

I would, if it didnt affect the rest of the game, which any higher stats do, in case you didnt notice.

Higher stats immediately affect WvWvW and dungeons, if you don’t have the higher gear, you won’t be able to participate in either, preventing all players from enjoying all content.

New dungeon with increased difficulty as it progresses: thats fine.

New zone to do level80 stuff in, great

these two things don’t affect the rest of the game.

Increased stats affect all aspects of the game.

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

Yeah, thanks. I’ve been feeling like this game isn’t for me for the long haul since the “endgame” zones are mediocre, players return to brat form due to poor game design at endgame, getting great stuff via mystic forge lotto vs earning it stinks, and so on.

If you’re gonna shift away from core design philosophies (big reason why I was excited about GW2) and turn the game into a formula gear grind MMORPG, that kinda helps me decide that this really isn’t the game for me.

It doesn’t matter whether the new gear is optional or not. Everything in any game is optional. You don’t have to grind gear tiers in WoW either, you can be one of those nublets that never gets past level 20 and does trade chat all day (kinda like people in Lion’s Arch or Queensdale that never shut up).

What matters is that GW2 was sold as being a different kind of game and ANet is already shifting away from the philosophies that attracted many of us.

piitb.7635

Great kitten job Anet.

I would, if it didnt affect the rest of the game, which any higher stats do, in case you didnt notice.

Higher stats immediately affect WvWvW and dungeons, if you don’t have the higher gear, you won’t be able to participate in either, preventing all players from enjoying all content.

5 extra power and precision isn’t going to make or break any dungeon group. And if does, maybe you’re in the wrong group.

Posted by: Avatar.1923

gear treadmill.

karma.8763

Great kitten job Anet.

lol, thank you

5 extra power and precision isn’t going to make or break any dungeon group. And if does, maybe you’re in the wrong group.