ANETS amazing subtle brutality!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

“And if you fail to fill these roles? You’re going to have a bad time. But don’t worry, as we’re leaving you a repair anvil at the entrance. You know—to collect your tears on.”

“You know—to collect your tears on.”

Ouch, shots fired! haha
But seriously, I love this kind of writing, sort of gives reassurance that they will make hard content and won’t nerf in a few weeks later because everyone complains it’s “too hard”.

Collect your tears, put up or shut up, keep content hard as nails

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/designing-challenging-content/

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

ANet so thoughtful and always watching out for noobs and thieves. As a thief, +1. As a noob, another +1.

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

I have this feeling the content wont be as hard as we hope.

Posted by: otetas.9675

otetas.9675

The day after the raid release there will be already a list of exploits and how to run the raid easily with full zerkers.
If its really hard i doubt Anet will leave it like that. Im pretty sure they will nerf like always do….

Posted by: Turbotef.9203

Turbotef.9203

2-3 months later, massive nerfs happen.

Been there done that…..

Other MMOs, past 10+ years

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

I’m confident that on release it will be difficult.
Just like the teq rehash, dungeons originally, etc.
But they need to keep up with the players ability to consume, breakdown, and share strategies that turn content into faceroll easy.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I need to see more of this snarky corporate presence for content that promises to be difficult for the general population.

If Anet carefully chooses when to salt the game and lays off it when theres genuinely a problem, I could easily continue being entertained by this.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

+1
Enough casual tear and Anet will bend.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

The last time we got “difficult” content, it got nerfed because players couldn’t handle a simple boon. So I don’t have high hopes.

EverythingOP

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

The day after the raid release there will be already a list of exploits and how to run the raid easily with full zerkers.
If its really hard i doubt Anet will leave it like that. Im pretty sure they will nerf like always do….

Like you said it will get figured out very quickly, a class no doubt will have an easy time with it, then it will be time to stack them.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

How about the crafting stations that will be collecting tears? As Berserker players, red in the face, feverishly try to craft another set of armor while grumbling under their breath that their pew pew meta got tossed to the curb. I can’t wait to see the pile of discarded Berserker armor sitting outside the raid entrance.

Posted by: StrangerDanger.3496

StrangerDanger.3496

I don’t think people will actually know how brutal the raids are until HOT drops.

Ive seen devs in other games boasting difficulty, only to have that difficulty become wiki info that made the “tricks needed” well known and relatively easy.

Think like a jump puzzle, first time I’m doing a jump puzzle I’m like WTF….then I see someone else run up and do it and go “oh that’s how you do it” and its ezpz…

I haven’t tried the beta and I’m not interested in spoiling new content yet…so I could be way off here.

But I don’t think this game is really built for complex raid mechanics other than insane ground effect that need to be navigated.

I remember when Rift was new and the dungeon and raids were super hardcore (I think they’ve dumbed them all down by now) and the difficulty was twofold. One it was role difficult. Your healer, tanks, off tanks, and dps needed to be spot on to beat enrage timers, which were difficult even when properly geared due to the ground effect stuffs that went on during the fight, that often had you more focused on where you are than how your dpsing/healing/tanking…

So remove the role aspect sort of and I forsee very chaotic ground effects if the raids are going to be hard.

Just remember. Rift went the hard dungeon and raid route…had to change them because no one was interested in hard pve. Wildstar tried it, and no one stuck around after endgame because few were interested in hard pve.

Ill be happy if they do keep raids hard in this game, ive never seen a game stick with it, people (general majority) don’t like difficult no matter how much they cry on the forums for it. Just like how a lot of mmorpg gamers will bemoan the lack of good full loot pvp sandbox games yet every game of that type is a ghost town. People want to fit in to the elite clique of every game, but often when push comes to shove, they just want easy success.

So ill be shocked if raids are hard, really hard, and they stay that way.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Actually it will likely be like past content. It will come out, be brutally difficult, no one succeeds, everyone complains, then a few weeks go by and people figure out the strategy, start succeeding. Then a few months go by and now most people have completed it, and those that figured it out early will start saying how stupid easy the content is and that you must be terrible if you can’t complete it.

Such is the cycle of difficult content. It’s only difficult until you figure out how to beat it regularly. But that’s how pretty much anything difficult works.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Oh ho ho ho ho, so Anet just made it real huh? Calling us out and throwing down a challenge. Challenge accepted, well as long as it does not go for too long (a typical Fractal run right now) or is yawn boring, then challenge accepted.

Now the only thing that could make this 100% better would be if the NPC’s also taunted us during the raid or Anet staff in their taunting us for reals! O.O :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Zerkers will still be important, remember the enrage timer. Just that the rest of the team will have to keep them alive to maximise the dps

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m confident that on release it will be difficult.
Just like the teq rehash, dungeons originally, etc.
But they need to keep up with the players ability to consume, breakdown, and share strategies that turn content into faceroll easy.

Hopefully by racketing up the difficulty for future raids rather than by buffing the existing ones. Assuming the raid is actually difficult to start with, nothing could be more disheartening for the community than figuring out how to beat it and then having the rug pulled out from under us.

Unless it’s removing AI glitches. I’m totally fine with Anet removing ways of glitching out boss mechanics, like by stacking in a specific location. Those glitches need to go.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

I was in queensdale with an Anet employee, the producer. Knyghtblade.

He said raid servers are going to be powered by the Tears of Players.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Raid servers will be permanently offline?

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

+1

This for sure, the elitist QQ will grow as we never seem before

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Envy.1679

+1

This for sure, the elitist QQ will grow as we never seem before

I dont think so. All other games usually make their content “more accessible” through the games life, but thats a euphemism for “making it easier so the noobs can do it too”

But in rift, WoW, etc they all have the gear treadmill, where even harder content replaced the toned down content. I dont think that’ll be the case in GW2.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Underwater Raids Confirmed.

(edited by Linfang.1087)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I have some zealot’s gear and in the process of making ascended zealot’s so I can DPS and heal ^_^

I wanna do a char only raid run! :D Starts leveling my warrior who will main soldier’s gear with rifle and hammer

Envy.1679

Underwater Raids Confined.

I read that as confirmed. Didnt notice until 3 looks that it was confined

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Actually it will likely be like past content. It will come out, be brutally difficult, no one succeeds, everyone complains, then a few weeks go by and people figure out the strategy, start succeeding. Then a few months go by and now most people have completed it, and those that figured it out early will start saying how stupid easy the content is and that you must be terrible if you can’t complete it.

Such is the cycle of difficult content. It’s only difficult until you figure out how to beat it regularly. But that’s how pretty much anything difficult works.

Hmm I must think of Teq and TT after Reading this Post. Both were impossible for most Players at the Beginning and ( with Teq ) the Forum was flooded how stupidly hard this Bosses were. after a bit of time more and more players could do the Bosses ( or in Case of TT after Scale Fixing )

The same will happen with the Raids. They will be more difficult then what most Players have seen in GW2 but after a few Months the Raid will be Easy for the ones who are experienced with the mechanics