ANet Communicating may be bad...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

But kitten , their customer service is amazing.

5 tomes of Knowledge, 2 crafting boosts, a kill streak boost and their sincere apologies for being affected by their level 29 bug.

Thanks GM Talon ?

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

They do their job fine. Least they aren’t like Steam in which they do get back to me asap.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They’re communicating a lot better lately. It still needs improvement, but it’s definitely better.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Anet’s CS is the best, no question about it. I will rage and criticize everything I dislike, but I’m yet to find fault in how they handle my tickets. <3 In every other game I play, Anet’s CS is the benchmark.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

My account got hit with a game-breaking bug that’s been plaguing people for close to five months. Over the course of three weeks, every attempt to get the issue resolved was met with copy-and-pasted (word-for-word) reply. After six such messages over the course of three weeks, I decided it was time to move on. The lack of an earnest attempt to communicate, not the bug itself, was the deal-breaker. In my book, that’s not exactly what I’d consider “amazing” customer service. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My account got hit with a game-breaking bug that’s been plaguing people for close to five months. Over the course of three weeks, every attempt to get the issue resolved was met with copy-and-pasted (word-for-word) reply. After six such messages over the course of three weeks, I decided it was time to move on. The lack of an earnest attempt to communicate, not the bug itself, was the deal-breaker. In my book, that’s not exactly what I’d consider “amazing” customer service. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I’m not sure what you expect customer service to tell you about bugs that developers aren’t fixing. It’s definitely a legit complaint you have. But customer service aren’t the people to put the blame on here.

Customer service cant’ really fix game bugs, and they can’t tell you what devs are doing about bugs, particularly if the devs can’t find those bugs.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

The few tickets I have sent thus far have all been personalised responses dealing directly with my issue. I’ve not yet encountered the dreaded copypaste response, and the GW1 tickets I’ve sent in the past (of which there are a large number) have all been very swiftly dealt with. I’ve never yet had a ticket issue with ArenaNet where I wasn’t happy with the outcome.

Sorry for your experience though.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

The few tickets I have sent thus far have all been personalised responses dealing directly with my issue. I’ve not yet encountered the dreaded copypaste response, and the GW1 tickets I’ve sent in the past (of which there are a large number) have all been very swiftly dealt with. I’ve never yet had a ticket issue with ArenaNet where I wasn’t happy with the outcome.

Sorry for your experience though.

My personal experience is that it really depends on the issue in how it’s dealt with.

For instance:
Had to re-apply 18 armor skins because they chose to add ascended armor when we were promised exotic was going to be best in slot. Was met with copy-paste responses multiple times from several people. Absolutely no attempt to have customer satisfaction.
Account issue:
Personal approach to discover why authentication was wonky.

It seems that whenever customer service can’t (or is not allowed) to help you, they seem to resort to copy-paste answers a lot. Which can be very infuriating.
A lot of people got super upset because of the Infinite Continue Coin and asked for refunds. They got met with a lot of copy pasta, while I think a more personal approach would’ve been better. (This is hearsay keep that in mind)

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

Arenanet has quite possibly the worst developer-community synergy I have seen in a long time.
But as previously stated, the customer service does a wonderful job in all of their tickets. I have had several graphical bugs with armor packs and hair kits in the past and they have kindly made sure, with due persuasion involved, to refund appropriately any gems spent.

They deserve the cookies others that do a more lackluster job are getting.