I have done map completion 4 times.
I have 2 legendaries.
I have full ascended gear.
I have done every dungeon path.
I have done every fractal.
I have done every jumping puzzle.
I have done every guild mission.
I have unlocked every mastery in wvw.
I have done every living story season 2 achievement.
I have rerolled a new character and unlocked all the traits manually.

Anet, I know you don’t want a traditional MMO “end-game,” but I need something to do. Something to log on and work toward. Living story achievements that I can do in a few hours by myself or items in the gem store I equip once and forget about aren’t doing it for me.

I can’t even sit around lion’s arch anymore with the shiny stuff you expect me to buy on the gem store, because you made lion’s arch ugly and spread people out over 4 different areas.

I need something to do other than grind gold for items I don’t even really care about anymore. I need a long term goal.

ANet, I need a goal.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

I need something to do other than grind gold for items I don’t even really care about anymore. I need a long term goal.

You have chased the carrot, caught the carrot. Make your own fun, do not expect them
create rules/guidelines for you to play by. The only one that can set your own goals at this point is you.

Teh Ouchies

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

You have chased the carrot, caught the carrot. Make your own fun, do not expect them
create rules/guidelines for you to play by. The only one that can set your own goals at this point is you.

So they want us to play this game like it’s a sandbox mmo without giving us the elements of a sandbox mmo?

ANet, I need a goal.

Telemin.7380

This is still very much a theme park, but just because you have been on every ride, it does not mean there are no other ways to have fun within the park.

Teh Ouchies

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

You could play something else for a while until there is a new goal in GW2.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

You could play something else for a while until there is a new goal in GW2.

I mean, c’mon. He presumably posted this in the forums because he wants to play this game, but for those of us who have been around since launch, content has dried up. Suggesting he play another game is frankly stupid and irrelevant since he’s offering constructive feedback on what he’d like to see in this game.

(edited by xev.9476)

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

This is still very much a theme park, but just because you have been on every ride, it does not mean there are no other ways to have fun within the park.

Typically in a theme park when you’ve been on every ride (some multiple times) you either shop or go home. I guess you’re telling people to have fun shopping then.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Solo a dungeon. That’s a good next step goal. Bring your skill level up!

ANet, I need a goal.

Telemin.7380

Shopping at the booths, visiting the attractions, watching the parade are all very common things to do a theme park. Many of which are found entertaining by people (which may or may not include you).

Teh Ouchies

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

That’s why I would love if they improved PvP more.

In GW1 I could spend a few hours every single day for years without ever being bored because they had all those great modes/skills/maps. It’s different every single time since your opponents are other players and not bots. The rewards were pretty meh which they could improve in GW2.

It’s probably the best way to create endless endgame content without the need to release something new every few weeks (except for balance patches ofc).

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

You could take the completionist’s/hardcore route towards it.

Get to 80 on all 8 professions, and deck them with full Ascended equipment.
Reach the stat-cap (WoodenPotatoes has a video on how to do this.)
Get all Legendary Weapons (This might be a bit over-the-top/unobtainable.)
Obtain every non-infinite, non-time-limited achievement. (Minus Skritt Burglar)
Reach Rank 80 in sPvP
Reach Rank 9945 in WvW
Complete the wardrobe (excluding one-time skins that are no longer available.)

Or, if you’re into it, you could explore the lore and storyline of this game. Theres plenty of mysteries that need unravelling, many speculative points that need speculating on, and plenty of stuff to read.

Or, you could give roleplaying a go to see if you like it. Ive met plenty of players who’re in your position, and say that roleplaying really revitalized the game for them, and kept them playing. I know it did for me.

See, theres plenty…Now just finding the motivation and/or time/in-game money to do it…

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

I feel the same this game got no end game after 2 years NO zero nada end game just grind the DRESS up game

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

Players: “Anet, give me something to do.”
Anet: “Alright, here.”
Player: [plays content]

…………

Player: “Anet, I’m done. Give me something to do.”

This, it’s always going to be this. No matter how much they add you’re always going to finish it and be asking for more. So you have two choices. You either leave because you realize that no matter what game (Guild Wars is not excluded) you’re always going to get to a point where you’ve finished what you want to do. Or, you can do as Telemi said and find something to do to kill the time while they make more.

This is unavoidable regardless of what game you play. Everyone should be aware of this by now if they’re played games for more than a week…

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

This is something that happens in every single mmorpg. Regardless how it’s oriented.
At the end of the day it all comes to 1 simple conclusion, if ANET doesn’t want to lose a huge portion of their playersbase, they will have to do something about it. They will HAVE to keep us entertained same as in every single other mmo.
It doesn’t matter what YOU think think about it and how you perceive the people that aren’t happy with the game, since you’re still playing it. What matters is why those people aren’t happy with the game. If anet wants to stop this player sink as well as bring old players back (in other words, increase the amount of potential customers) they WILL HAVE TO do something about it.
That’s how business work.

ANet, I need a goal.

SnubdubLuskon.1795

A business can only create so fast. The players that understands this will stay like they have for the past two years. The ones that don’t will leave and will move on to another game that they’ll leave too when it doesn’t appeal to their instant gratification.

ANet, I need a goal.

Spira.4578

Or, they would go to play a mmorpg that actually has late game oriented updates with features and repeatable content that would give players hours of fun, especially after 2 years of runtime.
If you take Legendary weapon crafting for instance. It doesn’t take much to create a system like that, but it still offers players a lot to do ingame.

ANet, I need a goal.

SnubdubLuskon.1795

Except that game doesn’t exist. All things eventually grow tiring. If it did, they would already be playing that game instead of complaining on the forums for more content that they’ll get bored of too and return to complain more.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

This may sound a bit weird, mostly because I have no say or influence on in whether it’s delivered upon, but…

What would you like to do? Did you enjoy all of that? What would like like to see more of, if anything? If you want something new, what is it?

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

ANet, I need a goal.

Spira.4578

Except that game doesn’t exist. All things eventually grow tiring. If it did, they would already be playing that game instead of complaining on the forums for more content that they’ll get bored of too and return to complain more.

Not true personally I was sticking to GW2 because of some real life friends that played this game with me. However they left already for the same exact reason and I’m thinking of leaving as well as doing the same thing 2 years straight is boring.
Players who left are not wasting their time on a games forum that they don’t play anymore. Players who still care about the game do. You say games like that don’t exist? Check Secret world for example. It was released more or less at the same time and check what kind of updates it’s getting. Want another example? How about Lineage 2, the game is old 11 years now, and they got 32 big updates. Every single update brought something good. For example.. new skills, new areas, new bosses, later on they implemented dungeons, new races, new classes, class upgrades, reborn system, new armors, new weapons, I could go on.
I can give you many more mmorpgs as an example if you want since the list is HUGE.

(edited by Spira.4578)

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Well, I’m split on the OP. On one hand, I’m down for more – there needs to be more.

On the other hand – seriously? You’ve done a kittenload. How can you complain about burning out on goals when the amount you’ve described is what most players will only accomplish after 4-5 years, let alone 2.

Unless most of what you’ve obtained is only on one character (and the other 3 that you used to complete the map 4 times aren’t as prestigious), I don’t see how your ambition to play the game that much is their fault. You could always get legendaries for your other characters and get them ascended, unless you simply don’t want to play them – in which case, fair enough.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

Very much in the same boat here. Just finished my third legendary. 10 lvl 80’s. Bank full of tonics and other crap from the gemstore. Done every dungeon and lots of fractals. All decked out characters with builds and tons of skins. I’ve become convinced at this point that the only thing that will get me interested again is something on the scale of an expansion, which LS will never be. That and ive become extremely cynical towards anet, theyve all but convinced me they only care about gemstore cashgrab. At some point they figured out they could get a lot more money from the gemstore than actually releasing large amounts of content through an expansion. Which is why I doubt we’ll ever see one. They arent working on SaB. They arent working on new Dungeons. It doesnt look like theyll be doing legendaries or new precursor crafting soon. What is supposed to keep me interested? Playing pvp or wvw over and over and over? Collecting skins and doing every little achievement used to be enough for me but that changed at some point. I dont know why.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Short term goal for you Blix, see how many keys you can farm before the update! gogogo!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: gobax.6185

gobax.6185

Make more legendaries. 2 is not enough.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ Yep. Make at least 5 Legendaries for the achievement, and create a double copy of one for “Twice Told Legend”.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I think the key here is to have significantly more sandbox features. As people have pointed out, Anet (and any other company) can only put out themepark / story content so fast ..never fast enough to keep up with how fast players burn through it, especially the hardcore ones like the OP.

So what other option is there to keep players engaged? This — give the players more control over the situation, over at least some aspects of the game. Player made/influenced content has FAR more “life” and longevity than content from Devs that can simply be “finished” and then it’s done until there’s a little bit more eventually.

Housing, Halls, GvG, territory control, player-run “governments” of some sort. A morality system where you can be “bad”, maybe even actually play and have story lines from “the other side of things”. There are all sorts of things that could be added to make the game more fleshed out and full of options for us ..options that are deeper and more long term than “you can only be a hero for our story. And the story is on hiatus for weeks / months, so uh ..just grind stuff lol”.

I also don’t understand the players who call for “more repeatable content”. REPEATABLE? That’s grinding, guys. To each his own but really I don’t see the appeal. Repeatable != new / different and honestly I think that sort of thing should try to be avoided by Devs. As players, sure we do it because what else are we gonna do? But wouldn’t you rather have activities where the players have some control over what happens? The closest we have to that is WvW, but that’s so short-term and doesn’t even make any difference in the world.

It’s definitely more dynamic than anything else; you never know exactly what’s going to happen in there. But even that is pretty limited on options which does make it pretty predictable. So it’s too limited in the things people can do, and it doesn’t really matter for anything as far as who is winning, who controls what, etc, and it’s just getting reset on Friday anyway.

What if WvW was more long-term?

What if your server winning or controlling certain castles affected your having access to certain desirable parts of the game so it actually mattered what happens there?

What if a guild holding a castle was publicly recognized and hailed as heroes in the rest of the world so everyone knows who is responsible for getting them access to something?

What if there was an in-game option for servers to vote on if they want to be allied/friendly with another server vs the other? (This is important for when there’s one that’s clearly dominating. Could be if you’re already dominating you’re not allowed to ally)

What if in the capital cities we had the option to elect players as “government officials” and there are decisions they’d be able to make that would matter for the city and possibly surrounding areas?

What if we had Housing / Guild Halls?

What if there were Guild Missions that could could give them recognized ownership / influence over a town or something and there would be some benefit to that or decisions they could make? Similar to WvW, perhaps if a guild owned a town, they would have x, y, z options for unlocking some aspect of the game for players, or an otherwise inaccessible part of the map. And it would be very clear who to thank.

There is SO much player-oriented stuff that could be done that would feel like it mattered and have long lasting appeal and wasn’t merely “grinding repeatable content for a shiny”.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I have 2 legendaries.

Create and grow a guild. Make it as you want a guild to be
Organize Teq/3-H worm events with your guild
Explore the World with all 8 classes and each of the 5 races
Play PvP
Form a PvP Team
Play EotM
Command EotM
Play WvW
Command WvW
Create and grow a WvW Guild
Switch to a no so great WvW server, help to grow it

There are more things to do in GW2 than on your list.

The trend I see between whyt you’r done and what you’ve missing: Interact more with the community, that’s what an MMO is good for.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

I have 2 legendaries.

Play PvP
Form a PvP Team
Play EotM
Command EotM
Play WvW
Command WvW

The trend I see between whyt you’r done and what you’ve missing: Interact more with the community, that’s what an MMO is good for.

Done it all. Now what?

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Bring Vabbi/ET to rank 1

And (if you’ve really done all that. In just 2 years)
Go a little bit more out to real life
Found a Gaming company

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

. A morality system where you can be “bad”, maybe even actually play and have story lines from “the other side of things”. .

and all the quaggan in the game would be effectively permanently dead.

“No, I don’t.”

ANet, I need a goal.

Kartel.2561

. A morality system where you can be “bad”, maybe even actually play and have story lines from “the other side of things”. .

and all the quaggan in the game would be effectively permanently dead.

Literally LOLed a little bit. Thanks.
Solution: play as a quaggan and defend your people. Quaggan-enrage – activate!

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Join a hardcore WvW guild and raid in WvW daily.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I think the key here is to have significantly more sandbox features. As people have pointed out, Anet (and any other company) can only put out themepark / story content so fast ..never fast enough to keep up with how fast players burn through it, especially the hardcore ones like the OP.

So what other option is there to keep players engaged? This — give the players more control over the situation, over at least some aspects of the game. Player made/influenced content has FAR more “life” and longevity than content from Devs that can simply be “finished” and then it’s done until there’s a little bit more eventually.

Housing, Halls, GvG, territory control, player-run “governments” of some sort. A morality system where you can be “bad”, maybe even actually play and have story lines from “the other side of things”. There are all sorts of things that could be added to make the game more fleshed out and full of options for us ..options that are deeper and more long term than “you can only be a hero for our story. And the story is on hiatus for weeks / months, so uh ..just grind stuff lol”.

I also don’t understand the players who call for “more repeatable content”. REPEATABLE? That’s grinding, guys. To each his own but really I don’t see the appeal. Repeatable != new / different and honestly I think that sort of thing should try to be avoided by Devs. As players, sure we do it because what else are we gonna do? But wouldn’t you rather have activities where the players have some control over what happens? The closest we have to that is WvW, but that’s so short-term and doesn’t even make any difference in the world.

It’s definitely more dynamic than anything else; you never know exactly what’s going to happen in there. But even that is pretty limited on options which does make it pretty predictable. So it’s too limited in the things people can do, and it doesn’t really matter for anything as far as who is winning, who controls what, etc, and it’s just getting reset on Friday anyway.

What if WvW was more long-term?

What if your server winning or controlling certain castles affected your having access to certain desirable parts of the game so it actually mattered what happens there?

What if a guild holding a castle was publicly recognized and hailed as heroes in the rest of the world so everyone knows who is responsible for getting them access to something?

What if there was an in-game option for servers to vote on if they want to be allied/friendly with another server vs the other? (This is important for when there’s one that’s clearly dominating. Could be if you’re already dominating you’re not allowed to ally)

What if in the capital cities we had the option to elect players as “government officials” and there are decisions they’d be able to make that would matter for the city and possibly surrounding areas?

What if we had Housing / Guild Halls?

What if there were Guild Missions that could could give them recognized ownership / influence over a town or something and there would be some benefit to that or decisions they could make? Similar to WvW, perhaps if a guild owned a town, they would have x, y, z options for unlocking some aspect of the game for players, or an otherwise inaccessible part of the map. And it would be very clear who to thank.

There is SO much player-oriented stuff that could be done that would feel like it mattered and have long lasting appeal and wasn’t merely “grinding repeatable content for a shiny”.

You realize that a lot of what you talk about here was in GW. We had Hero’s Ascent and whoever had control of it opened up FoW/UW. Then in Factions we had Alliances that controlled certain towns and outposts depending on your Alliance Ranking which also determined which Alliance got access to Urgoz/The Deep.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I have 2 legendaries.

Play PvP
Form a PvP Team
Play EotM
Command EotM
Play WvW
Command WvW

Done it all. Now what?

There is a Universe outside of Tyria. You can get a hobby outside of video games, or if you want there are other mmorpg out there you can play.

ANet, I need a goal.

Kartel.2561

You realize that a lot of what you talk about here was in GW. We had Hero’s Ascent and whoever had control of it opened up FoW/UW. Then in Factions we had Alliances that controlled certain towns and outposts depending on your Alliance Ranking which also determined which Alliance got access to Urgoz/The Deep.

As a GW1 vet, I’m well aware of things we USED TO have, and I’ve brought it up fairly extensively before. But this is GW2, not 1, and we don’t have those things. I’d still love to, but actually I’d like them to take things even further. For GW2 to be a worthy successor, it shouldn’t lack anything we had before. It should build on it and take things further with even more features and options.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I have 2 legendaries.

Play PvP
Form a PvP Team
Play EotM
Command EotM
Play WvW
Command WvW

Done it all. Now what?

you’ve done all that! I don’t say this much but how are you not burnt out already? perhaps take it a bit more slowly. Anet cannot sustain a level of new playable content as fast as people like you burn through it. No MMO can, its unrealistic to expect it.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

This is something that happens in every single mmorpg. Regardless how it’s oriented.
At the end of the day it all comes to 1 simple conclusion, if ANET doesn’t want to lose a huge portion of their playersbase, they will have to do something about it. They will HAVE to keep us entertained same as in every single other mmo.
It doesn’t matter what YOU think think about it and how you perceive the people that aren’t happy with the game, since you’re still playing it. What matters is why those people aren’t happy with the game. If anet wants to stop this player sink as well as bring old players back (in other words, increase the amount of potential customers) they WILL HAVE TO do something about it.

In other words, you want ANet to do the impossible.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Asking for something to work for is a legitimate request. There are a lot of goal driven people in the world, and some of them play online games. However, if I were an ANet dev and read this, I’d be asking, “What sort of goal(s) would you like?” It would be hard to add goals to his liking if he doesn’t say what he’d prefer.

As a consumer, the OP may have to face the same issue I’ve had to face with GW2. ANet put in a lot of things at launch that could serve as goals, just as they put in lots of explorer content for those like me who like that sort of thing. They seem disinclined to add substantially to the explorable side of the game, and new goals seem to be limited to those attached to the LW releases, or perhaps the WvW tournaments(?). I’ve accepted that ANet is not taking GW2 in a direction that I appreciate. The OP my have to do the same.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Spiderwick.1879

Spiderwick.1879

Stop substituting your life with a game and do some living.

Don’t leave your life through a game, you’ll never be trully satisfied.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

Stop substituting your life with a game and do some living.

Don’t leave your life through a game, you’ll never be trully satisfied.

+1

I was going to say the exact same thing (I think I did in another thread). I don’t know if its just kids today (sorry to sound old) but I can’t believe what they are expecting. A computer game cannot substitute your real life; there’s a million things to do, learn and discover in the real world. Don’t waste it all sitting alone in your room staring at a flickering screen living in a virtual world that does not really matter or exist.

ANet nor any other games company has the resources to feed you a virtual world to live in. What you’ve listed is already an amazing amount of entertainment you’ve had for next to nothing. Go ride a bike, learn an instrument, learn to surf, swim in the sea …. in the real world I mean ;-)

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

At the end of the day it all comes to 1 simple conclusion, if ANET doesn’t want to lose a huge portion of their playersbase, they will have to do something about it.

What you mean is, if they don’t want to lose you as a player, they will have to do something about it. I’m still waiting for this supposed mass exodus of players that some posters on here keep blackmailing Anet with to happen.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

Go in-game, type /age, tell us how long it says you’ve played.

Now tell me the amount of hours played is less than sufficient for a game which doesn’t force you to pay after the initial fee. Also please enlighten us how you expect a game to satisfy your needs forever.

I have 500 hours on a game that I spent £20 on and have optionally bought a few gems since playing. I have got more than my money’s worth.

Find a new MMO, take a break, play a different genre.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

This…the biggest problem for all veteran players…

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

See, it’s at this point where I would say that you should start a guild OR host events within your own guild.

When you have gained a certain level of experience, the next thing to do would be to leverage your knowledge and become a valuable member of another guild or create a guild that is valuable to the community.

It also sounds like you are very much a PvE player. Have you tried PvP or does that not appeal to you?

I personally am going after unlocking all dungeon skins and all skins available through the game. Also still need to work on Mawdrey II which is another decent challenge.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Holy kitten, you have done ALOT. :O

How many hours have you played?
Do you have ANY other hobbies

Wow, just wow.

No game can really keep for those who game like it’s a full time job. May it is time to take a break? log in every 2 weeks to get your update, but go and doe something else, after a few months, come back and play all the content you’ve unlocked.

Or find something you enjoy.
Get all fractal weapon skins?
Collect all mini’s?
Collect all wardrobe skins?
Try role playing? nothing like role playing to teach you to make your own fun.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

There are plenty of people in my Guild who have done the equivalent or more than OP has. They spend their days now building the Guild community and helping others with things like Dungeon Master, etc. They play for the community and for fun and don’t waste time with goals anymore, they run dungeons they think are enjoyable like CoE, SE and Arah rather than the boring generic ones that are just for gold farming.

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Here’s TeamSasa’s GW2 workout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LimQgiLg9E

Try that while playing Guild Wars

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Those ‘tips’ ‘do something else’, ‘you burn through too fast’ etc. are pathetic. It’s clearly Anet’s fault to release such low profile, casual, gem store driven non-content. The examples of other MMOs in this thread were good. Even a game like The Secret World – a tiny company – manages to release a kittenload of content: new raids, dungeons, classes, races etc. Or look at the one year old FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, they have a massive huge update with so much content, it’s about 50 pages of release notes! Even the biggest fanboys have to admit now that the lack of content in GW2 is significant for industry standards and the causes are in the management. Read the glassdoor comments; almost every dev tells that.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

I have done…

I am impressed.

If there’s nothing left you want to do… I don’t mean this is a snarky way at all, but perhaps it’s time to say that you’ve had your money’s worth from this (subscription free) game and move on? If you stick around with nothing to do, it’ll leave you with bad memories of a game that’s given you a lot.

Divinity Original Sin, Wasteland 2, The Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity… I think there’s a good year ahead for RPG players.

(edited by Morte.5916)

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Illuminati.2431

Illuminati.2431

Those ‘tips’ ‘do something else’, ‘you burn through too fast’ etc. are pathetic. It’s clearly Anet’s fault to release such low profile, casual, gem store driven non-content. The examples of other MMOs in this thread were good. Even a game like The Secret World – a tiny company – manages to release a kittenload of content: new raids, dungeons, classes, races etc. Or look at the one year old FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, they have a massive huge update with so much content, it’s about 50 pages of release notes! Even the biggest fanboys have to admit now that the lack of content in GW2 is significant for industry standards and the causes are in the management. Read the glassdoor comments; almost every dev tells that.

This, just this.

I moved over to FF14 ARR a couple of months ago. The content they already have + add is just mind blowing. And then I dont mind paying a couple of bucks per month to gain that amount of content. I’ve played GW2 since beta but I stopped a month ago. I still check the forums on a regular basis to see what’s going on in the community and what kind of update’s the game gets. September feature pack dissapointing as hell. I know it’s no CONTENT update, but still, it is an update, one of the few updates this game get’s, aside from the useless crap they call living story.

It’s a shame to see how they can destroy a beautifull game. I still have the opinion this games feeling, controls etc. are the best, but there is nothing to use it on. Such a shame….

ANet, I need a goal.

Posted by: Novalitus.7382

Novalitus.7382

If there will be no new content in the size of an expension within the coming year I fear GW2 will not recover.

There are many great games being released left and right. All games are more ‘modern’ than GW2 and there will be a time where GW2 cannot compete with them anymore.