ANet and social networks

ANet and social networks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Can ANet please stop announcing important stuff or releasing critical answers on Reddit, Twitter, etc. only?

I see more and more frequently stuff like “oh a dev gave an answer on Twitter” or “ANet replied on Reddit” or “There was a post on Reddit”, etc.., without anything posted on the official page or on forums regarding said matters unless players mention them.

Post important stuff on your official platforms then just link on Reddit, Facebook, Tumblr, Craigslist, eHarmony, etc. if needed.

Thank you.

ANet and social networks

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Agreed.

I understand everyone has their own favourite formats, including developers and other Anet staff. But all it would take is someone in their communications team (or whatever it’s called) copying it over to the forum topic, or something on the official site.

Or even a page with embedded feeds so we can read whatever they’ve said on other sites even if we don’t have an account there.

(However they are, so far, better than some companies who insist on doing customer service through 3rd party sites, including some you can’t actually sign up to without purchasing an account and/or a product completely unrelated to the one you’re contacting them about.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

ANet and social networks

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

to be fair, social media sites tend have to a much better joke thread/whine thread ratio

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3rypyz/when_he_sees_anet_employees/

now which employee is muk

ANet and social networks

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Something to consider: What qualifies as “important” information?

If they’re making a formal announcement about something, like a new release or something, it’ll probably go up on the official website. If it’s just someone popping into a Reddit thread to say “We’ll be announcing our Halloween plans on Monday, so look forward to it!” does that need to be cross-posted? What if the post is something like hints on how to get Nightfury? Does that require cross-posting?

I generally don’t read Reddit or Twitter unless someone links to it from the forum, so I appreciate all the official information I can get being posted here. At the same time, however, I don’t think it being the official website means everything of interest that a dev says needs to be posted here as well. That could be unrealistic, depending on how thorough you want the policy to be.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

ANet and social networks

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I am assuming they have a communications department. You ALWAYS should put information through your official channel (forum, website, etc) first then issue releases to social media. You should never post something to social media and never even mention it on your official channel.

As to what is important …. use your brain. If it is something you would put in a press release it should go on your own site. If it is something getting 100s of replies per minute your posting it to social media first and only was a mistake. When in doubt, cc your own channel where you can control the message.

ANet and social networks

Redenaz.8631

I think this thread would benefit from a few concrete examples of things that have been posted elsewhere (and not here,) but that people think should have been posted here as well.

ANet and social networks

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

I think this thread would benefit from a few concrete examples of things that have been posted elsewhere (and not here,) but that people think should have been posted here as well.

Giant merge thread about SAB for long time. No response from dev but Colin post on reddit about it instead and not in SAB forum thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3bqhaf/infinite_continue_coin/csoszn5

One example I think of.

;)

ANet and social networks

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

64 bit client was first posted about on reddit aswell nothing on offical forum

ANet and social networks

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

This is an old issue that Anet has been ignoring for 2 years or so. There appears to also be a lot more dev interaction on sites like Reddit than here on the official forums.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

ANet and social networks

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Bifrost III Needing the shatterer to turn you into crystal, they announced they are looking it at on Reddit.

Seriously, post on the forums, these are the official forums for a reason, i dont know about others, but i dont go to reddit, at all.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

ANet and social networks

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

ANet needs a central clearing house for information of interest their customers. I have nothing against Anet employees or management posting elsewhere, but any new info about the game posted on a 3rd party platform should also appear on the official platform. ANet’s communication with their customers is a disorganized mess.

ANet and social networks

Redenaz.8631

With those answers, I’m okay with it as-is. The community isn’t just on these forums, so I don’t mind them interacting with the community elsewhere, without worrying about whether they’re stating anything that’s not on the forum already, or worrying about cross-posting it. If it becomes too much of a hassle, or everything needs to be turned into an official news release, some questions, like those examples, might not get answered at all.

It’s a perfectly valid complaint, and there are areas where communication could stand improvement. I’m pretty down on these forums, however, (their organization, their software, etc.) so I’m a little pessimistic about them being the solution without a major overhaul.

ANet and social networks

Posted by: pants.1379

pants.1379

Can ANet please stop announcing important stuff or releasing critical answers on Reddit, Twitter, etc. only?

I see more and more frequently stuff like “oh a dev gave an answer on Twitter” or “ANet replied on Reddit” or “There was a post on Reddit”, etc.., without anything posted on the official page or on forums regarding said matters unless players mention them.

Post important stuff on your official platforms then just link on Reddit, Facebook, Tumblr, Craigslist, eHarmony, etc. if needed.

Thank you.

This is a bit weird for me to see, about two days ago i had the same rant to a friend on steam about this.

This goes for all game developers, why indeed post on other social networks when they have their own forum for that EXACT SAME REASON, yet not use it, totally F****s me right off tbh.

Twatter is my ultimate pet hate – and no, that is not misspelt if your from england you’ll get it

ANet and social networks

Posted by: Bosco.2680

Bosco.2680

“Communication” is not a word Anet knows the definition of. It’s pure Hebrew to them. I stopped expecting professionalism from this joke of a company years ago.

ANet and social networks

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I know it’s fall of 2015, but the heck is Twitter or reddit?

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.