ANet's sollution to 5000 Ascended Rings?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Q:

I would really like to know if anything is going to be done with the hoards of Ascended Rings and other unnecessary Ascended Jewelry that are stockpiling on our characters?

Make it salvagable, MF-able or something 3rd we don’t care just don’t let us have to delete our efforts done in FoTM.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

i can understand buy another set for different stats but how many do you have? that you don’t have space for make an alt and there you have it partially geared up (unless its soulbound then idk)

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

i can understand buy another set for different stats but how many do you have? that you don’t have space for make an alt and there you have it partially geared up (unless its soulbound then idk)

if you fotm a lot you get a ton of rings. Since rings arent exactly the easiest things to get lots of people save even the ones with trash stats, especially if infused, in hopes of getting some exchange for them.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

The problem isn’t the rings you buy, it’s the one’s that drop. I personally have only gotten like 4 unnecessary rings, but then I don’t fractal everyday. My understanding is that for the people that do they become quite common.

To OP: currently all you can do is vender them… But I hope they do something with them. (Personally I want to be able to salvage them for the mats needed to make the rings infusable)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

If you have 5000 ascended rings. Just vendor them. That’s 250+ gold right there!

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Yep, vendor is the best option at present, and that’s not changing in the foreseeable future. You’re just gonna have to bite the bullet and sell them all.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: FenixFire.1673

FenixFire.1673

Yeah, I have a TON of rings as well. Unsellable and salvageable. What would be GOOD is if we could pop four of them in the MF and get a Asc Ring Chest. When we open the chest, we get to choose the stats we get. 4 infused ones would get a Fused Asc Ring Chest, etc.
.. or something.

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

sorry maybe i’m confused aren’t the rings rewards for turning in prestine relics? so don’ t you choose the stats you want from there?

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Just vendor the rings.

Dasenthal.6520

sorry maybe i’m confused aren’t the rings rewards for turning in prestine relics? so don’ t you choose the stats you want from there?

Yes… And no. The rings are rewards, but they also drop randomly, so it’s certainly possible to buy the rings you want, while also getting a pile of rings you don’t need.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Sell the ones you don’t need to a vendor. The end.

Dasenthal.6520

Yeah, I have a TON of rings as well. Unsellable and salvageable. What would be GOOD is if we could pop four of them in the MF and get a Asc Ring Chest. When we open the chest, we get to choose the stats we get. 4 infused ones would get a Fused Asc Ring Chest, etc.
.. or something.

Unfortunately, you can sell them. For 4.95 to any vender but that’s it.

Nabuko Darayon.9645

.. or something.

Well I wouldn’t mind trading in 4 at MF for 1 with selectable stats or something. Or even turn them in for Pristine or Relic.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I would really like to know if anything is going to be done with the hoards of Ascended Rings and other unnecessary Ascended Jewelry that are stockpiling on our characters?

Make it salvagable, MF-able or something 3rd we don’t care just don’t let us have to delete our efforts done in FoTM.

I had to make a storage character just for ascended rings XD.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

I thought it would be cool if instead of dropping ascended rings, they dropped ascended TICKETS/TOKENS. That way, you can choose what you want, if you want to use them, and the tokens would STACK. Hell, even make it another type of currency in the wallet. Include accessories and amulets from the vendor. Elegant, permanent solution.

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

i throw rings away

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I thought it would be cool if instead of dropping ascended rings, they dropped ascended TICKETS/TOKENS. That way, you can choose what you want, if you want to use them, and the tokens would STACK. Hell, even make it another type of currency in the wallet. Include accessories and amulets from the vendor. Elegant, permanent solution.

But doesn’t Pristine do just that?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Arena Net has already shown how much they care about the Fractals, might as well merchant them.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Arena Net has already shown how much they care about the Fractals, might as well merchant them.

Well, Fractals are likely the only “dungeons” to ever get attention.

They’re getting their own Mastery line, for whatever that’s worth.
At least Masteries will be account-wide (yes, Ascended gear is now account-bound… but it’s still a hassle to trade gear between characters.)

I’m kind of hoping HoT brings other types of Legendary gear (as Colin had teased back in 2013…)

Legendary rings would basically make Ascended rings worthless… (Though, maybe they’ll do some crazy Mystic Forge recipe requiring you to have one of each Infused Ascended ring to make a Legendary ring.)

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Yeah, but I think SonOfJacob wants an “Ascended ring box” to drop rather than a ring itself. Wherein if the RNG deems you lucky enough to receive a box, you get to choose any ring (rather than having to save up 10 Pristine Fractal Relics.)

I, personally, think Pristine relics are a great compromise. After 10 sets of Fractals, you can choose whatever un-infused ring you want. (Or, if you get lucky and have your ring drop, you can convert them to regular fractal relics to help you afford the Gift of Ascension.)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

10 fractals are 2½ full runs so its not that bad.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

i throw rings away

Why destroy them? You can get some coin for them from any merchant.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

SonOfJacob.7396

Yeah, but I think SonOfJacob wants an “Ascended ring box” to drop rather than a ring itself. Wherein if the RNG deems you lucky enough to receive a box, you get to choose any ring (rather than having to save up 10 Pristine Fractal Relics.)

I, personally, think Pristine relics are a great compromise. After 10 sets of Fractals, you can choose whatever un-infused ring you want. (Or, if you get lucky and have your ring drop, you can convert them to regular fractal relics to help you afford the Gift of Ascension.)

Yes, this was my point. So, for example, if Pristine Relics are the answer…just substitute Pristine Relics for Rings. So anytime you WOULD get a Ring drop, you get a Pristine Relic instead. The point is that the “currency” has more value merely because it’s stackable and you get a choice of the attributes you choose.

Now don’t get me started about not being able to convert Relics BACK to Pristine Relics…the whole thing is ridiculous…just make everything purchasable priced in regular Relics, and Pristine Relics just get double-clicked to add to the wallet. It’s net is the same effect, except they get to be stored in the wallet.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yes, this was my point. So, for example, if Pristine Relics are the answer…just substitute Pristine Relics for Rings. So anytime you WOULD get a Ring drop, you get a Pristine Relic instead. The point is that the “currency” has more value merely because it’s stackable and you get a choice of the attributes you choose.

Now don’t get me started about not being able to convert Relics BACK to Pristine Relics…the whole thing is ridiculous…just make everything purchasable priced in regular Relics, and Pristine Relics just get double-clicked to add to the wallet. It’s net is the same effect, except they get to be stored in the wallet.

whats stoping you from having 250 pristine relics in the bank thats 1 bank slot if they ever add anything you need to buy for pristine relics?

SonOfJacob.7396

whats stoping you from having 250 pristine relics in the bank thats 1 bank slot if they ever add anything you need to buy for pristine relics?

Nothing is stopping me. It’s just QoL. I think they did such a great job with the wallet, I’d like to see it either expanded or simplified. Relics vs Pristine Relics is an example of a simplification opportunity. Plus, this has been floating around for a while now:

http://swalsh81.github.io/gw2improvedwallet/