ANet, why do you do this to me.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shiraya.4012

Shiraya.4012

Anet, I trusted you. I believed in you.

Because of the lack of Magi stat exotic upgrade components, you’ve made my desire to maintain a balance of stat an impossible dream.

I open my character stats, and always sigh in thorough disappointment.

1,265 Power, 1,265 Toughness
1,262 Precision, 1,262 Vitality

My attention is then drawn to the upgrades I have slotted in my trinkets… Three of which contain Rare upgrades, not exotics, which would grant an extra +1 in Vitality and Precision…

Anet. You’ve destroyed my trust. I was so close to achieving perfect balance and harmony, and you’ve gone and trampled over it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

OCD is strong with this one?

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

RIP 14/14/14/14/14 OP build.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

…..really?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Shiraya.4012

…..really?

To be fair it is a little silly that Magi upgrades don’t exist for exotic rarity.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

…..really?

To be fair it is a little silly that Magi upgrades don’t exist for exotic rarity.

Well with that I can agree.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Shiraya.4012

…..really?

Well with that I can agree.

I actually wonder why that is. There’s Apothecary, which as far as I can tell just about no one uses, but no Magi.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

It was never meant to be a build – jeez – get over it.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

(That was a joke.)

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

How do you know? Do you work for ArenaNet and have access to confidential information that the rest of us do not? Or are you assuming that it it were intended it would be in the game?

There are literally billions of different ways different items can combine in this game. You’re saying that one of them was not intended implies that every other one was?

I don’t think you know anything, but are instead just being mean-spirited.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Dusty Moon.4382

Because of the lack of Magi stat exotic upgrade components, you’ve made my desire to maintain a balance of stat an impossible dream.

My attention is then drawn to the upgrades I have slotted in my trinkets… Three of which contain Rare upgrades, not exotics, which would grant an extra +1 in Vitality and Precision…

Anet. You’ve destroyed my trust. I was so close to achieving perfect balance and harmony, and you’ve gone and trampled over it.

What was your build ? Unless you post everything about it – it means nothing and is just another whine post.

Dusty Moon.4382

How do you know? Do you work for ArenaNet and have access to confidential information that the rest of us do not? Or are you assuming that it it were intended it would be in the game?

There are literally billions of different ways different items can combine in this game. You’re saying that one of them was not intended implies that every other one was?

I don’t think you know anything, but are instead just being mean-spirited.

That is WHY they changed the way the builds are done because many people made mistakes A.Net felt those builds are not viable (they said this).

Read the notes and pre-April 15th developers blogs.

Shiraya.4012

What was your build ? Unless you post everything about it – it means nothing and is just another whine post.

The point of the post is questioning why there aren’t any exotic rarity upgrade components for the Magi stats, when that combo is available in both exotic and ascended armor and weapons.

Dusty Moon.4382

The point of the post is questioning why there aren’t any exotic rarity upgrade components for the Magi stats, when that combo is available in both exotic and ascended armor and weapons.

There is – from Dungeons. Also the Magi Exotic and Rare inscriptions/insignias are salvaged using a Black Lion Kit. There is an Ascended armor Hronk’s. It took me 2 minutes on Google to find that out but people would rather complain that actually look for information.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Shiraya.4012

There is – from Dungeons.

Exotic rarity. There are /rare/ rarity (Crest of the Magi), but nothing for exotic rarity with the stat combo +Healing power, +Precision, +Vitality. There’s Cleric (Exquisite Sapphire Jewel) and Apothecary (Exquisite Passion Flower), but again, no Magi.

Dusty Moon.4382

Exotic rarity. There are /rare/ rarity (Crest of the Magi), but nothing for exotic rarity with the stat combo +Healing power, +Precision, +Vitality. There’s Cleric (Exquisite Sapphire Jewel) and Apothecary (Exquisite Passion Flower), but again, no Magi.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats – learn to READ!!

There is no Dire, that you can make, you have to salvage them.

Shiraya.4012

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats – learn to READ!!

There is no Dire, that you can make, you have to salvage them.

I don’t think you’re reading what I’m saying.

The Magi stat combination is available in Ascended Armor and Weapons, in Exotic Armor, Weapons and Trinkets, but is /not/ available in exotic /upgrade components/ for trinkets.

My question is why isn’t there an upgrade component of exotic quality that gives Magi stats. We have Crest of the Magi (A Rare rarity upgrade component), but that’s the highest it goes.

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

The OP is not talking about the equipment, but rather the upgrade, the thing that goes in the slot labeled Unused Upgrade Slot. You might have noticed on the page you posted that there is not an icon for Jewel next to Magi. That means that there is not and upgrade item available for it.

Shiraya.4012

The OP is not talking about the equipment, but rather the upgrade, the thing that goes in the slot labeled Unused Upgrade Slot. You might have noticed on the page you posted that there is not an icon for Jewel next to Magi. That means that there is not and upgrade item available for it.

This.