ANet, why isn't the price same for everyone?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Miskar.6723

Miskar.6723

I’ve noticed there’s been some difference between prices when it comes to different currencies. Can anyone explain why?

GW2 sale (small difference, no problem):
10 USD
10 EUR (~11USD)

Pre-order for HoT (doesn’t seem right anymore):
100 USD
100 EUR (~112USD)
80 GBP (~125USD)

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Because exchange rate? Prices across countries will never be the same, it always depends on the exchange rate. For whatever product you buy.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

exchange rates, taxes, tariffs. its more complicated than saying it should be 100 USD in every country. pretty much every product sold internationally does this

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Just change your ip address and buy it from america. Or wait chinese expansion that will cost 50 yuan = 8$
and buy it from china.

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

I’d say we also pay for the future updates since there is no subscription model.

Imagine another season of living story that would only be accessible for HoT players like the 8 chapters we had regarding Mordemoth. However, if they make everything into expansions from now on, I’d get my pitchfork and be angry with the rest.

I am a little annoyed though we can’t buy a edition without the base game. I think if they made a deal for 60$ with core game and 50$ with the expansion we would see considerably less complaints then now, haha.

Posted by: Miskar.6723

Miskar.6723

Then how come the standard version costs the same in euros and dollars? I bought GW1 trilogy with a friend years ago. I paid 20EUR and she paid 25USD, was pretty much the same.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Then how come the standard version costs the same in euros and dollars? I bought GW1 trilogy with a friend years ago. I paid 20EUR and she paid 25USD, was pretty much the same.

http://www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=fxcalculate&action=convert&amount=20&from=EUR&to=USD&btn=Convert

Because of exchange rates.

1 Euro = 1.1$ by current rates.

so 100USD = 112 EUR.

Plus tax(No clue if ya pay tax on that or not, i know i will, so ill be paying 109 USD)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

A small difference is still a difference. Are you that poor?