Abaddon battle is lost forever

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Kasrios.7548

Kasrios.7548

quoted from facebook : ‘Exit polls show that Ellen Kiel is still in the lead with 52%, while Evon Gnashblade has 48% of the support out of 9,575,484 tokens cast’
:( looks like community favors asura blow ups.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Charr fuzzball or hot human chick? tough choice…the male community has spoken!

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Vote for Evon! We have cookies.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

More like greedy dishonest businessman or hard-working law enforcement officer. Has little to do with male to female ratio or the gap would be much larger, as last I checked the gaming community is male dominant by much… much more than 50%.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Victory is at hand! Support Kiel!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I wish they would have given us the best of both world and stuck Abbadon with the Human, people can obviously relate to a human more than a Charr.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

they will just put it in some novel or a page worth of essay or something..
its not lost forever..
its just so that we will not have to see evon forever more in our screen for future events.!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

its just so that we will not have to see evon forever more in our screen for future events.!

Which is a good thing.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

More like greedy dishonest businessman or hard-working law enforcement officer. Has little to do with male to female ratio or the gap would be much larger, as last I checked the gaming community is male dominant by much… much more than 50%.

Wait a minute…did you take that comment seriously? lol, just lol

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i am pretty sure they are adding both abaddon and reactor fractals regardless who wins. it’s just which one is going to come out first is being determined now.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

i am pretty sure they are adding both abaddon and reactor fractals regardless who wins. it’s just which one is going to come out first is being determined now.

I think they mentioned something about wanting the players feel like their votes matter and will not be developing the losing fractal in an interview somewhere.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think they mentioned something about wanting the players feel like their votes matter and will not be developing the losing fractal in an interview somewhere.

Correct. It was stated very clearly on the Living World forum somewhere. It’s one chance only – they will not be making the losing fractal (which is the right thing to do considering – it would devalue the whole concept to do otherwise)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Player’s who don’t pay attention to the main site or forums likely don’t even know about the new Fractal, which I wouldn’t be surprised if more than half the players have no idea about the fractals. So for all they know the only thing coming out of the vote is someone winning an election.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

More like greedy dishonest businessman or hard-working law enforcement officer.

Hard working ? Oh please, we are hard working, she’s just a slacker.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Player’s who don’t pay attention to the main site or forums likely don’t even know about the new Fractal, which I wouldn’t be surprised if more than half the players have no idea about the fractals. So for all they know the only thing coming out of the vote is someone winning an election.

I think this is likely very true, although I suspect those people probably have no vested interest in which fractal anyway, as they either dont do fractals or are happy with any new content they are given

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Sad simply due to I already hate the asura fractal we have now, you know…the one with harpies and golems.

Vote for Evon nubs.

Fight a God or fight a fire.

p.s. would have been a nice pun if evon had the reactor meltdown: Charrnobyle!

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Why not both? :v

I ? Karkas.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i still have hundreds to toss… for evon of course

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I wonder how different this would have been if Evon had his own living story content before hand.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I wonder how different this would have been if Evon had his own living story content before hand.

Or if the entire player base knew who Abaddon was. I only know from what I’ve read on here.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This. It was entirely lopsided in Ellen’s favour. I called it from the start.

Hot chick.
Player is familiar with character.
Seen as hero.

It’s a no brainer for the ones with no brains.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Votes are rigged. They’re just trying to get people to waste currency.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Isn’t the charr guy the one with short term discount on BLKs and the woman short term discount on WP costs? I have not been following it really so I can’t recall. If that is the case I think I can see why.

The Burninator

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Spendingallmytime.7249

Spendingallmytime.7249

This is the main reason I’ve been voting for Kiel—to make sure the Abaddon Fractal never gets made.

Why you bein’ cute?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

All this proves is that it’s the rich human lovers that are working the polls. He who has the most gold wins the most votes. Always the rich running behind the scenes.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

More like greedy dishonest businessman or hard-working law enforcement officer.

We’re not voting for police chief – we’re putting someone into a council of PIRATE LORDS.

A LEO is gonna be like a fish out of water in that crowd. Evon would get some actual traction in his dealings.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

To be honest, Evon is lucky to have 48%. There are too many humans playing humans on GW2, and zero Charr purchased the game. Moreover, some humans have a quasi-Ascalonian ghost hate for Charr after playing GW1. That plus the “hero” vs greedy merchant makes it very improbable that Evon-and the Abbadon fractal with him-has a chance.

Since I missed many of the temporary content quests, Kiel was “new” to me, as much as Evon. She doesn’t inspire confidence in me… much like I also don’t care about Logan’s “heroics”, but Evon really comes off as a charming, marketing liar. The latter is not really a likable Charr (unlike MANY other storyline Charr) and I can see many disliking him even without the Human player bias element. Still, I voted Evon because a)this is a game, and as much as I role-play I b) can’t vote for anything other than the-admittedly greedy-underdog, which is what he is; pIus I also wanted the Abbadon fractal out of lore curiosity, but I guess that will never see the dawn of day.

Note to Kiel lovers: nothing wrong in voting for her, especially if you have reasons other than she being the human you can relate to, but all I am saying is that many people will vote for her JUST BECAUSE she’s that human alternative, even if you do so for your own, right reasons. Asura vs Sylvari would have probably been a more balanced election (though lore wise, I imagine they couldn’t care less about it.) I guess at least we’ll get cheaper WP costs for a bit, though I doubt that amount of money is a concern to anyone but the newest of players.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Calling it this early, especially within 4 points, is a bit silly.

Tons of players haven been sitting on their votes and will only use them on the last day or two.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

400k votes is a very hard margin to make up. If you asked me a week ago when it was only 100k votes I would think the race wasn’t over, but so little time and lack of interest in doing old content it be hard to make it up.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Kiel is winning because **** RNG boxes.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

I was going to have each character decide for themself who to vote for with the tokens that each of them obtained… and then I realized that dragging all 16 alts up to the Zephyr Sanctum would be a colossal pain in the butt and banked the whole stack for my main to deal with.

He’s a Human Elementalist, a Nobleman who has stern views about Honor and Honesty. When he received the first attempted bribe from Gnashblade, his votes were decided. He would have thrown his support behind pretty much anyone else if it meant striking down the dishonest coward who thought his vote could be bought. Lucky for him, Kiel presents the kind of reputable persona that very much appeals to him in contrast. I didn’t play GW1, so him being a Charr is no biggie to me… and my main’s best friend and longtime research partner in the Durmand Priory is a Charr Engineer. Melchior doesn’t obsess over Ascalon these days any more often than I raise my fist to the sky and curse Canada in memory of the war of 1812.

Also, I don’t do fractals and don’t buy from the Black Lion store any more, so I couldn’t care less about the outcome beyond the RP aspect.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I was going to have each character decide for themself who to vote for with the tokens that each of them obtained… and then I realized that dragging all 16 alts up to the Zephyr Sanctum would be a colossal pain in the butt and banked the whole stack for my main to deal with.

He’s a Human Elementalist, a Nobleman who has stern views about Honor and Honesty. When he received the first attempted bribe from Gnashblade, his votes were decided. He would have thrown his support behind pretty much anyone else if it meant striking down the dishonest coward who thought his vote could be bought. Lucky for him, Kiel presents the kind of reputable persona that very much appeals to him in contrast. I didn’t play GW1, so him being a Charr is no biggie to me… and my main’s best friend and longtime research partner in the Durmand Priory is a Charr Engineer. Melchior doesn’t obsess over Ascalon these days any more often than I raise my fist to the sky and curse Canada in memory of the war of 1812.

Also, I don’t do fractals and don’t buy from the Black Lion store any more, so I couldn’t care less about the outcome beyond the RP aspect.

Even in video games, we don’t vote for the candidate we like. We vote against the one we hate.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Calling it this early, especially within 4 points, is a bit silly.

Tons of players haven been sitting on their votes and will only use them on the last day or two.

This isn’t like real elections where it’s done by area. This is bit by bit by everyone, so we already know how the levels of support are. Only thing that makes a difference is a change in peoples efforts and stocking votes for the last day.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

Sure, I’d rather have the Abadon fractal, but seriously, everybody is traveling multiple times every day and you’re going to save so much gold, so this bonus is far superior to any discounts on things you have to purchase with real life currency.

I don’t think Kiel is going to win because of drooling males voting for her. She’s ugly, to me she’s also unlikable but the bonus she is going to provide is so good, gets you to save a lot of gold and doesn’t cost you real money.

I’d rather vote for the Charr since he makes me laugh and I’d rather have the Abadon fractal than a boring reactor explosion, but unfortunately he got the rather weak bonus that is going to cost real life money in order to benefit from it ( and honestly, i don’t like Black Lion Chests anyway since they’re full of stuff I don’t really need while travelling is something everybody does so many times during a day), which is very very saddening.

in Cutthroat Politics

RedStar.4218

How much are you actually going to save ? Even if it was a 100% reduction (doubt it will), what kind of traveling do you even do that will save you a few golds ? Do you like to WP back and forth from Rata Sum all the way to CoF ? Do you somehow manage to jump to every meta event multiple times a day ?

If I were to imagine that everyday I’d pay the same WP fee I did today, I would barely be near 2g…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

I dislike Kiel, but I dislike even more how people are brushing aside the reactor fractal before even truly knowing anything about it.

So basically, I’m voting Kiel to stick it to all the Abbadon voters. Sorry guys, but I’ve already seen Abbadon die. Captain Jack Harkness did him in real good.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Have 500+ tokens for Gnashblade but there are no collection points outside the mini-game platformer. Voting seems important in this release; just wish they had considered there will be non-platformers playing and desiring to vote.

in Cutthroat Politics

shedim.8504

How much are you actually going to save ? Even if it was a 100% reduction (doubt it will), what kind of traveling do you even do that will save you a few golds ? Do you like to WP back and forth from Rata Sum all the way to CoF ? Do you somehow manage to jump to every meta event multiple times a day ?

If I were to imagine that everyday I’d pay the same WP fee I did today, I would barely be near 2g…

Let’s assume you’re teleporting around for 1 gold/day. That’s still ~30 gold saved in a month, whereas the discount on keys is worthless to players who don’t want/need them. Quite honestly, it’s very stupid to implement a bonus that is free while the other requires you to invest real life money in order to benefit from it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Let’s assume you’re teleporting around for 1 gold/day. That’s still ~30 gold saved in a month, whereas the discount on keys is worthless to players who don’t want/need them. Quite honestly, it’s very stupid to implement a bonus that is free while the other requires you to invest real life money in order to benefit from it.

You don’t have to invest real life money since you can buy gems with gold.

in Cutthroat Politics

RedStar.4218

How the hell do you even WP around for 1g. The biggest travel fee is around 4silver…that’s 25 WP from one corner to the opposite, then back… I have trouble believing someone abuses of WP that much.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Abaddon is Captain Harkness. One day…. He’ll return.

Lies, lies and slander D=<

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I dislike Kiel, but I dislike even more how people are brushing aside the reactor fractal before even truly knowing anything about it.

So basically, I’m voting Kiel to stick it to all the Abbadon voters. Sorry guys, but I’ve already seen Abbadon die. Captain Jack Harkness did him in real good.

Abaddon.. One day…. He’ll return. And when he does the blood of innocence will rain upon the broken earth, and young souls will be sacrificed and skulls will be MOUNTED on spears, city’s will be destroyed and the weak will PERISH! Burn, BURN them ALL! CRIMSON SLAUGHTER!!!!! The threshold is DEATH! HAIL ABADDON!
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

This. It was entirely lopsided in Ellen’s favour. I called it from the start.

Hot chick.
Player is familiar with character.
Seen as hero.

It’s a no brainer for the ones with no brains.

Not really, for me it was cheaper way points. I don’t really care about a stupid fractal that people might, or might not, get through a run. Which later on leads to skipping trash, and finding exploits to finish it as fast as possible.

In fact, the only reason Evon got so many votes is because of that fractal. If you gave that to Kiel she would have won already….

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Vote for Evon! We have cookies.

Vote for Kiel we got beer!!!
Beer>cookies.
It’s a no brainer.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

I’m over this whole “election” already. Bring me Quaggan Cuddle Hour instead.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Kiel is a flawed character. Its reminds me that saladhead called Treaharne.
I don’t understand why ppl vote for her but i guess they love virtual “chicks” bc its all they can touch. Poor guys

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

So many morons voting for cheaper waypoints over black lion keys. Are you really struggling that hard for gold??

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Kiel is a flawed character. Its reminds me that saladhead called Treaharne.
I don’t understand why ppl vote for her but i guess they love virtual “chicks” bc its all they can touch. Poor guys

I voted for her because flawed or not, she’s honest. She wanted to give the treasure back to it’s rightful owners. That’s more in line with what my main characters want. Mind you I have one main character that is a Gnashblade supporter, but she’s more profit oriented.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Still have to use all my vote tokens. Which I’ll use on the last day using a banner. For Evon.

in Cutthroat Politics

shedim.8504

You don’t have to invest real life money since you can buy gems with gold.

Funny, I barely have any gold to spend and I am definitely not going to waste that little bit of gold on worthless keys.