Abaddon gemstore outfit

Abaddon gemstore outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hyble.4271

Hyble.4271

Just sayin’. Done right I’m pretty sure this would sell like hotcakes.

Picture for reference – Abaddon statue

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

But he’s been dead over 200 hundred years. Why bother? They should at least finish out the rest of the six gods before bothering with defunct deities.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Idk. ANet has shown itself to have difficulty with the concept of moderation when it comes to the shoulders. I can just see those 2 (dragon?) heads as being gigantic compared to a much smaller person wearing the outfit. It will look like two mobile dragon heads walking around. /shudders

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

I’d be happy with just the mask, which is arguably his best and most practical aspect. Two dragons are cool but they’d probably be difficult to incorporate into the outfit, which is painfully dull without them. Don’t hold your breath on this one. Wouldn’t rule it out but there’s four more gods to go, as well as the seasonal outfits and so on.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

As an armour yes as an outfit imo no. I mean who even wants outfits? I think its just a lazy option for the trader. Make them armour so you can use pieces and make sets with what you want, as for a costume which is all outfits are wtf?

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

But he’s been dead over 200 hundred years. Why bother? They should at least finish out the rest of the six gods before bothering with defunct deities.

i’ll see your point and raise you one revenant.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

As an armour yes as an outfit imo no. I mean who even wants outfits?

Outfits do sell well. Otherwise Anet wouldn’t continue doing them.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

As an armour yes as an outfit imo no. I mean who even wants outfits? I think its just a lazy option for the trader. Make them armour so you can use pieces and make sets with what you want, as for a costume which is all outfits are wtf?

I want more outfits! I love them, and i love more options to customize! But i want to be able to earn my armor in the game! Not through the gemstore!

Edit: As its been stated it will be!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

What does revenant have to do with anything? Revenants don’t channel gods and they don’t channel Abaddon. The worst they have is Shiro and Mallyx. Both were powerful, sure, but Abaddon was a god. You can’t really compare them.

So I will dismiss your point and raise you the fact that we already have a Balthazar and Dwayna outfit. Pretty logical extension to think we would get the others at some point. Grenth would sell amazingly well. Though I don’t think Kormir would fair well unless it looks amazing.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

What does revenant have to do with anything? Revenants don’t channel gods and they don’t channel Abaddon. The worst they have is Shiro and Mallyx. Both were powerful, sure, but Abaddon was a god. You can’t really compare them.

So I will dismiss your point and raise you the fact that we already have a Balthazar and Dwayna outfit. Pretty logical extension to think we would get the others at some point. Grenth would sell amazingly well. Though I don’t think Kormir would fair well unless it looks amazing.

oh, they only channel dead legendary warriors.
your tl; dr post kind of ignored that fact, aka, no reason they can’t bring the outfit into the game.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Hyble.4271

Hyble.4271

Never said they shouldn’t finish the current series. But once they do, I don’t see why not other than lore junkies (and I don’t mean that negatively, just not sure of the proper term…) possibly being up in arms. The cool factor is just huge here and I think they would get a ton of sales.

Also, I think those dragon things are just part of the statue, not his outfit. Those definitely would look a bit silly :P

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Just sayin’. Done right I’m pretty sure this would sell like hotcakes.

Would if done properly. But take a look at the Dwayna outfit and its lazy and boring design. The Balthazar outfit is great – it has nice particle effects without being a light show, it gives a consistent look, and it fits perfectly with the god its depicting.

Meanwhile, the Dwayna outfit is a joke. The helmet and the shoulders are aberrations, the skirt clips with nearly anything (isn’t one of the main reasons why outfits are not used as armor pieces the fact that they would clip a lot), and it should at least have an effect similar to the zodiac armor instead of bare skin.

No, ArenaNet is not going to work on the other outfits. They will likely follow the same pattern we have seen in the Dwayna one, and so your idea of an Abaddon outfit would lead only to a sad, little parody of the god’s concept art.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I came here to comment because I thought the OP spelled abandon wrong.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

oh, they only channel dead legendary warriors.
your tl; dr post kind of ignored that fact, aka, no reason they can’t bring the outfit into the game.

Legendary warriors =/= defunct deities. It’d also be hard to channel a defunct deity that is, iirc, in a realm that’s not even part of the Mists, or a realm that is actively defended from interlopers.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Grenth first or riot!!!

And dont forget the weapon He is holding in the concept art too.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I would definitely buy an abaddon armor skin set/outfit if it looked good. I would hope there’d be the 6 glowing eyes bit on the face/mask for starters (and, this is wishful thinking… but also have the glowy areas dyeable?). I love the whole ‘6 eyes’ theme that abaddon has – much like the mallyx legend elite form on the revenant, or the margonites pictured below.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

What a wonderful idea!

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Torrent.7380

Torrent.7380

since no other threads came up in search results I’ll bump this one just for support. Since playing the Mallyx rev during BWE I am hungrily awaiting full release. I’ve been planning out the look as I find it paramount to my enjoyment of a spec. Of course margonites are the theme. But you can only get so close with the available gear. I would seriously pay 5k gems for an abaddon or margonite outfit or armor set at this point. I’m somewhat confident they will eventually get around to one after the other gods.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I really hope they release the remaining wardrobe of the gods! My bet is on Grenth, then Lyssa, since we already have craftable backpieces for them.
By the way (I haven’t seen it posted on the forums but I may have missed it), I recently noticed there is a wardrobe slot for a Balthazar backpiece! I can’t wait to make that one
I’d post a pic or chat code but I’m at work right now.
For the sixth God outfit, if it happens, who do you think ANet will model it after? Abandon or Kormir?

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Just a flesh wound.3589

How about a Margonite outfit? (Pictures of players using the Guild Wars 1 everlasting tonic)

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Just a flesh wound.3589

I really hope they release the remaining wardrobe of the gods! My bet is on Grenth, then Lyssa, since we already have craftable backpieces for them.
By the way (I haven’t seen it posted on the forums but I may have missed it), I recently noticed there is a wardrobe slot for a Balthazar backpiece! I can’t wait to make that one

:)
I’d post a pic or chat code but I’m at work right now.
For the sixth God outfit, if it happens, who do you think ANet will model it after? Abandon or Kormir?

I just checked. The only Balthazar backpiece I can find in the bank wardrobe is the Fires of Balthazar backpiece. It’s a PvP reward track backpiece and fairly easy to get. It has the heads of 2 Flaming Dogs of Balthazar.

ANet may give it to you.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I just checked. The only Balthazar backpiece I can find in the bank wardrobe is the Fires of Balthazar backpiece. It’s a PvP reward track backpiece and fairly easy to get. It has the heads of 2 Flaming Dogs of Balthazar.

Blast! I didn’t know that was a PvP reward, I almost never go in there. I guess I got too excited and didn’t check the wiki :/

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

A margonite outfit would be nice , but I’d prefer to see it as an addition to the makeover kit

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Just a flesh wound.3589

Blast! I didn’t know that was a PvP reward, I almost never go in there. I guess I got too excited and didn’t check the wiki :/

Just do your PvP dailies in the daily rooms. You’ll get it in about a week.

ANet may give it to you.

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Abbadon…. Margonites…. whatever u want.

Armor? Outfits? Hell even just a headpiece….

Attachments:

Abaddon gemstore outfit

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Hats off to all the people in this thread who actually know about Abaddon and the. Margonites. <3