About Guild Wars

About Guild Wars

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jon.5761

Jon.5761

out of curiosity why is this game called guild wars 2 ? because thus far, there has been no wars of the guilds in this game, I dissapoint, i want my E- peen to shine through dominating other guilds, BUT U DONT LET ME, will there be some sort of guild activity in GUILD WARS 2 ? ~hit me up just to chat, your biggest fan, this is stan

About Guild Wars

Posted by: I Fuzion I.2546

I Fuzion I.2546

Stan this game has no relevance to guildwars1 other than characters and the name.. LOL

on a plus side you can jump now.. and run around with 50+ members spending 10 minutes slogging at a wooden gate.

About Guild Wars

I Fuzion I.2546

Very good point though… Guild Wars would imply a fight of guilds.. This should have been called World wars.. or while they are there.. World of… wait.

About Guild Wars

Posted by: Gorwe.9672

Gorwe.9672

They should have just named the game World of Tyria.

There is NO point calling something Guild Wars TWO, when the first game was named after historic event.

It’s like having Battle of Alamo 3 or Prague Defenestration 2. It makes no sense.

About Guild Wars

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

out of curiosity why is this game called guild wars 2 ? because thus far, there has been no wars of the guilds in this game, I dissapoint, i want my E- peen to shine through dominating other guilds, BUT U DONT LET ME, will there be some sort of guild activity in GUILD WARS 2 ? ~hit me up just to chat, your biggest fan, this is stan

Dear Stan, I meant to write you sooner but I just been busy, we all want GvG.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

About Guild Wars

I Fuzion I.2546

I wouldnt mind if it had any relevance to what guildwars 1 was..

About Guild Wars

Posted by: Hadson.5024

Hadson.5024

Well that lore expanation is so kittening CHEAP.
Gw was called so because there was guilds fighting each other (mostly in gvg but even puggy was most guild-related than wvw or spvp). Noone cares about lore.
It’s like pandaria without pandas but with some NPCs holding some books about pandas and full add-on about, let’s say, space marines fighting green pigs in their castles.

About Guild Wars

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

In the main story, you aren’t really fighting any guilds. The only thing I can think of is in one of the personal story instances, where Trehearne explains the history of Orr:

They say that Orr was once beautiful. A nation to rival Kryta, Ascalon, and Elona.
The human gods lived in the city of Arah, and the people here were blessed.
After the gods left, the humans banded into guilds and warred upon each other.
The Guild Wars caused great devastation, and the nations faltered.

Sorry Stan, that’s all I got.

About Guild Wars

Posted by: Alf.9137

Alf.9137

I also wondered why it’s called Guild Wars 2 as there seems to be none of that in the story or lore except some references to 250 years past..

BUT,

Hoping in future they’ll extend the lore and add events & factions that bring this in to he game so that it will indeed be the Second Guild Wars.

I live in hope as this game is still very early stages of release so I hope they’ll add lots more relevant & deeper fun stuff in the right direction in future years.