About That_shaman

About That_shaman

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Poisonwell.1209

Poisonwell.1209

First of all I do not intend to create a controversy, I am impressed to know who is really the that_shaman..

I like all the kind of information that he gives to the players, sometimes bringing spoilers and information of potential interest.

However, How this person may know all this before it is announced in the game?

Many people must know him by his comments on reddit, I’m not to put this information here to not violate any kind of rules.

This is only to know how this guy can get all this information, does he work to anet or something?

About That_shaman

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

They do something called data-mining.

On occasion there’ll be files of things in the .dat file of things that haven’t actually been implemented in the game, such as models and item descriptions.

Of course, you shouldn’t take these files at face-value.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

About That_shaman

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

He is a dataminer.

What that means is he combs through the DAT files for anything changed and works on that data until he can find out what it is. This is a highly simplified explanation because I am not someone who can do things like that . . . well, no, not since the days when I was trying to learn Ansi-C.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

About That_shaman

Posted by: Poisonwell.1209

Poisonwell.1209

oh ok thanks for the clarification