About The World map and unopened areas

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PowerDrilz.6571

PowerDrilz.6571

I Will Admit I really love this game more than any game I have ever played (and yes even World of Warcraft), But places like Ring of Fire and so on that aren’t accessible yet drives me crazy because I can only imagine what that area is going to look like and the World boss that Areanet will probably put over there since its an Endgame Area. Can someone please tell me if Areanet has any future plans for these areas like the Charr homelands and so on (and Ring of Fire) because I swear at times it almost makes you want to find a cheat way to get over to see it,…..adding the areas to the map but not allowing people to go there is like putting a child in front of a candy store with candy in the window and making him stare at it O_O and trust me sooner or later the Urge always WINS! lol

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

In time

I’m personally more excited to see the crystal desert.

Here’s what I hope.

Living story season 2 brought us dry top, and SW along with the start of learning all about the big bad dragon we are able to now kill, I didn’t like that model exactly.

I hope our next living story introduces something such as ring of fire, and the next expansion is taking us to crystal desert, or the rest of char lands. So it’s not like before where we get to fight plants in a jungle, get an expansion and fight plants in a jungle.

Posted by: Redattack.7836

Redattack.7836

Also really excited for when they release the Crystal Desert. I’ve been dying for a good desert map like Stygia in DAoC or the Desert of Ro in Everquest. And it was a fun area in GW1 as well with tons of lore in it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think I’ve had enough Jade Scarabs to last a lifetime.

On the other hand Crystal Desert would be more interesting than Ring of Fire.

Posted by: Snarftastic.6709

Snarftastic.6709

Crystal Desert gets my vote, I’d love to see it in GW2.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I know it’s not the same but you can see the Crystal Desert, Charr Homeleands, and the Ring of Fire islands in the original Guild Wars.

In GW2 the shape of the fire islands will have changed. I can’t think of any reason we’d go there at this time unless we needed to access the Door of Komalie again. The Crystal Desert will definitely be a focal point if and when we ever go after the crystal dragon (not going to try to spell his name!). Major change there is the Elon River now running through the southern part of it. Finally the Charr Homelands…not sure what would take us there as the dragon that used to be there isn’t there anymore.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I had a geek moment when I realized where I was from the Guild Wars 1: the waterfall area. Seeing the spirit druid again was also a bonus. Nice touch.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

imagine if a mastery they give us for the crystal desert is sand surfing…. wouldnt that be sweet

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Snarftastic.6709

Snarftastic.6709

imagine if a mastery they give us for the crystal desert is sand surfing…. wouldnt that be sweet

Sand surfing?

Devs… take notes.

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

I just want to make my way to Cantha.