About Ultra Requirements

About Ultra Requirements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Qnkicha.1570

Qnkicha.1570

Hello, I think to buy/upgrade my PC with those specs, for now im sure about these:
GPU: Sapphire R9 270X Toxic 2GB
16GB Ram 1,600Mhz
MB: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 or ASROCK Z77 PRO4-M ( Depends on CPU )
Finally, the main question. I’m not sure which CPU to buy. For now I’m focused on intel core i5 3570k, but I heard this game is running better on AMD, so I’m not sure which to buy AMD FX 8350 or I5 3570k. I’m looking for some suggestions please. If possible I need some help with PSU too. Thanks !

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

gw2 is just one of those games that requires a stupidly powerful cpu.

you will not get 60 fps on ultra anywhere with a sizeable number of people around with that build or any build.

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Get an i5. This game requires strong single core performance, which is something AMD lacks. 16 GB of RAM is expensive and not really worth it, drop to 8 GB and get a better GPU.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

That’s very similar to my current set-up.

I have the Sapphire R9 280x Vapor-X GPU (because I couldn’t find the Toxic anywhere) and an i5 CPU. I only have 8GB RAM though, and I’ve never felt like I needed more.

I’m able to run GW2 at max settings, and Dragon Age Inquisition too (only throwing that one in because it’s the newest game I have). I haven’t tried AMD CPU’s so I can’t really compare, but I think you’d be fine with the i5.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I run a hex core i7 (3930K @3.8Ghz) w. 32 Gb RAM, on a ASUS Rampage IV Extreme, 2 Nvidia GTX 780 (nonTi @ stock) in SLI with a 1920*1200 game screen and a 1920*1080 secondary screen. (Yes Rampage IV has a X79 chipset and thus 40 PCI-E channels and has 2 slots for PCI-E 16x (and 2 additionals for lower end speeds (1crd16; 2crd16,16; 3crd16,8,16; 4crd 16,8,8,8)

Full 60 FPS permanently seems impossible during prime time (17:00-02:00 CET) due to the other party considerations by the game engine: needing to send & receive data regarding those players. Not so much CPU or GPU. The amount of other players seem to cap the game, not the computer.

I’m using Windows 7 Ultimate, so I have modded the registry (and need to do so each time I update the drivers) to have my rig use 2x PCI-E 16x v3.0 , as Windows 7 doesn’t support PCI-E v3.0 and defaults to PCI-E v2.0 (losing half of the possible bandwith in the process.) simple change to registry removes this problem.

For a huge performance increase put reflections to water & sky instead of ALL. It gives me about 15-25% more FPS
And I always use my second screen, so I’m playing windowed full screen… Which tends to lower FPS
I am capped at 63 the better part of the time, due to the fact I can heat my room cheaper other ways. But when unleashed I get:
(At all max settings:)
35-80 FPS in LA (depending on crowd) avg 40-60
60-140 in maps (depending on crowd) avg 80
up to 200+ FPS in enclosed areas without crowd (peak 224 (well highest was 278 but standing with my character against the wall))
(but watching the walls is boring.)
24-140 FPS at boss fights depending on crowd avg 35-70 (
16-45 in WVW (huge) zerg fights depending on crowd. avg 24-30 (generally running high/high instead of highest/highest)
45-70 during running in wvw avg about 54 (in zerg)
100-180 during solo in wvw avg about (115)
ALL on WINDOWED FULLSCREEN mode while using 2nd screen (browser(s)/video players)

I agree 16 GB is mostly overkill, but I prefer to have instant swaps, and I tend to have more software in memory then just gw2, a videoplayer and a browser… 32Gb is overkill (And I tend to use 12-16 Gb as Ram disk when needing ultra fast loading times.)

CPU wise I tend not to get above 40%, generally when playing gw2 I do not even get above 30% , Gw2 is 32 bit so the program will not use 4 Gb’s + as it cannot be adressed. Your own system if running 64bit can adress more of course, but gw2 will not use more then 4 Gb. Never.

When at full force the pc does what it should do. The videocards do so as well.. They sometimes reach max , but it’s mostly when big changes occur, zerg direction swaps, big zerg vs zerg fights. a blob engaging a boss fight. and they will be at lower loads quite soon after (read seconds max.), leaving the PC overpowered or the gw2 engine to inept to fully use the systems potential. Using other post processing seems to make the load a little higher, but I prefer to keep everything as A-Net made it.
Also keep in mind I tend to watch video while playing quite often. Full screen, mostly Mkv. It also put some load. Still no maxing-out of system.
Only when running scans and doing video recording and conversion at same time as playing and watching video I tend to usereally use some power (70-85% CPU), and use some memory (8-12 Gb’s) and reach GPU limits. but Gw2 alone will not stress the system.

i7 3930K @3.8 Ghz (running Win 7 Ultimate)
32Gb DDR3 1866mhz
2 Gigabyte Geforce GTX 780 (stock) 3GB (SLI) PCI-E 16x v3.0.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mainboard
1 OCZ Vertex 4 256Gb (system/programs)
1 WD Velociraptor 10kRPM 250Gb (swaps )
2 WD Caviar Red 7200 RPM 1 Tb (RAID 0) (storage/users)

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

My current setup, will still give me only 10 fps at Full Karka Queen:
i7 47790k @4,6ghz
16GB DDR3 2400mhz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 WindForce OC 2GB
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb

while playing GW2:
CPU never goes over 80% use
RAM never goes over 50% use

So i5 + 8gb is sufficient.
Though I’d recommend a last gen card like the 970 or 980 from nVidia (not a fanboy but unfamilliar with AMD cards)

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Hello, I think to buy/upgrade my PC with those specs, for now im sure about these:
16GB Ram 1,600Mhz
Finally, the main question. I’m not sure which CPU to buy. For now I’m focused on intel core i5 3570k, but I heard this game is running better on AMD, so I’m not sure which to buy AMD FX 8350 or I5 3570k. I’m looking for some suggestions please. If possible I need some help with PSU too. Thanks !

I have almost the same set up.
CPU: i5 3570k (@4.0 GHz)
GPU: XFX R9 270X
RAM: 8GB 1600 MHz
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H

For CPU Intel still works better for real, only in some benchmark softwares the AMD have better results.
For GPU both AMD and Nvidea works well, I like the AMD hardware but the AMD drivers are kinda meh, Nvidea is the opposite.

With my setup I run GW2 on Ultra in average 85 FPS and in really clustered places like in a few World bosses and in big zerg fights in WvW it drops to 20~30 FPS, but there is no setup in the world that will change that ;D

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: knives.6132

knives.6132

gw2 is just one of those games that requires a stupidly powerful cpu.

you will not get 60 fps on ultra anywhere with a sizeable number of people around with that build or any build.

True this.

I have an i5, amd r9 video card and 16gb of ram plus my gw2 is installed on SSD, and I still get 15fps on world bosses. :|

About Ultra Requirements

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

- SSD: wil only affect loading times.
- RAM: Memory will only affect the game play if you have less then 2.5 Gb for gw2 and less then 1.5 Gb for the OS, resulting in frequentloads from swaps.. anything above 4 Gb should suffice as long as you keep your system clean, else get 6 or 8 Gb, when making vids, I’d suggest 16 Gb, but with modern GPU’s 8Gb should still work reliably
- CPU: will affect play if inadequate, most people already stated they do not have full CPU-load on mid to high end i5’s and i7’s
- GPU: load isn’t maxed for my setup at least. It is generally working at the speed ALLOWED by the engine.
- LAN: Network isn’t the problem as long as you have decent ping, a wire and bandwidth.

Leaving the game bottlenecked by it’s own engine. It isn’t able to flood the system with enough data, due to the fact it’s waiting for data. People playing wireless, or lagging, or affected by network lag due to their friends/family /radio taking a moment of peak bandwith, brothers loading his new anime, breaking news, natural disasters and weather influences whatever. LAG. When the server lags out due to players I’m awaiting data from I notice cause my game tends to slow down. I notice because I sometimes have frame drops /FPS drops, Then a couple (of fractions) of a second later I see a character running by, mostly when coming from behind. A WvW-commander I know always says: “I notice lag, here comes the enemy zerg.”

And still people try to tell me: “Well I have the best wireless in the world.” And I still think: “YOU should buy 25 m of CAT 6E !! You are lagging my game!”

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

This game most definately does NOT run better on AMD processors. TBH, this game doesn’t seem to like AMD processors very much at all.

Go with an i5 or i7.

About Ultra Requirements

Qnkicha.1570

Thanks for fast answers guys. So, now I’m confused which CPU to buy between i5 3570k or i5 4690k. Can you give me a good MB too, because I have very low experience about it. And what do you think about 12GB Ram on 1600Mhz or just 8GB on same Mhz. Plus, I just made a mistake in my theme. I won’t play on ultra, just Render Sampling on Native or maybe Super Sample, Shaders: High, Textures: High, Best Texture Filtering On, Character Model Limit on High ( maybe Medium or Low in WvW ) and Character Model Quality on High. I think its high settings, but not sure. I don’t need that high fps in WvW but not less than 15-18 in huge fights. Thanks for supporting to everyone!

About Ultra Requirements

Belzebu.3912

Thanks for fast answers guys. So, now I’m confused which CPU to buy between i5 3570k or i5 4690k. Can you give me a good MB too, because I have very low experience about it. And what do you think about 12GB Ram on 1600Mhz or just 8GB on same Mhz. Plus, I just made a mistake in my theme. I won’t play on ultra, just Render Sampling on Native or maybe Super Sample, Shaders: High, Textures: High, Best Texture Filtering On, Character Model Limit on High ( maybe Medium or Low in WvW ) and Character Model Quality on High. I think its high settings, but not sure. I don’t need that high fps in WvW but not less than 15-18 in huge fights. Thanks for supporting to everyone!

The i5 4690k is better for sure, it runs on lower voltage and runs some more instructions than the 3570k.

About the RAM, try to not use odd numbers of memory sticks, 12GB mean 3×4GB sticks, so one side won’t have dual-channel so the system will keep at the slowest bit-rate possible, resuming: go for 8GB or 16GB, triple channel is used in some MBs for i7, and not even most have it.

I won’t be able to suggest a MB since I don’t read about it have a while (read a few months) so I don’t know which one have the best chipset for the 4690k.

About Ultra Requirements

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

shouldn’t we be looking at the i5 5690 now at the moment? Thought the 5th generation was arriving already? Nice DDR 4 and support for new hardware?

Of course everything will be a bit more expensive though…

Well we’ll see. I bought my i7 3930K when it was a good moment to buy. even though the 4930K was already available (just 3oo euro’s more expensive for 100 Mhz gain at the time…)

-corrected processor number, fumbled it good. looking for a possible upgrade…. being a i7 5960X -.- -

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

Don’t feel like you have to get one of the Ultra-Extreme-Super-Snazzy-Edition motherboards. They may give slightly more headroom for overclocking or be a little more stable at extreme overclock speeds, but you’re not going to notice much — if any — difference outside of synthetic benchmark tests. Save your money and put it into a better graphics card or CPU, or upgrade to a solid state hard drive — those are the places where you’ll get the most bang for your buck.

Pick a motherboard based on what features you need, not performance — because any decent motherboard from a major manufacturer will perform pretty much the same. Asus has been my manufacturer of choice for over a decade, and I build about 1 – 2 PCs a year for friends, family or self. I’ve also used Gigabyte and ASRock on occasion and have had good luck with them too.

Basically, figure out what CPU you want. Then pick a motherboard family that supports it. Then pick the specific board model that includes the extra features you want.

As a point of reference, my system is:

MB: Asus Z97
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k
RAM: 8GB DDR3-1600
GPU: NVIDIA GTX780
Drives Corsair Performance 3 128GB SSD (OS and favorite games) + Western Digital Black 650GB SATA-III HD (data drive)

The game runs very smooth at ultra settings, even during crowded boss events. However, I don’t think an i7 is necessary for gaming. I got it because I’m a software engineer and I’m running development applications which do take advantage of it. Unless you’re going for an extreme-gaming setup, a high-end i5 will serve you just fine.

One thing I didn’t see you mention was the power supply. Make sure you don’t skimp on this! A flaky PSU is very difficult to troubleshoot, and a cheap unit can actually damage your other components if it shorts or surges. Go with a major name brand, 650 – 850 watts, at least 80PLUS Bronze certified, with a multi-year warranty.

Good luck with the new build, and have fun! :-)

About Ultra Requirements

Qnkicha.1570

Hello to everyone again. My final decision is to buy Intel Core i7 4770k and my final question is shall I stay with 8GB Ram ( 1.600Mhz ) or 16GB of Ram same Mhz? Thanks

About Ultra Requirements

Belzebu.3912

Depends on how many things you want to run at the same time on your PC.
If you gonna play GW2 and maybe open a media player and some web pages, then 8GB will handle it fine.
If you usually open a 2nd game while you wait for something in GW2 and also listen or watch all at the same time, then you’ll need 16GB.

PS: The amount of RAM won’t make the game faster or slower, unless the game occupy the whole RAM, so if you have 2GB free or 10GB free will barely makes any difference, but as soon as the RAM is totally consumed and the applications start to use the HDD you’ll notice a HUGE difference.

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

About Ultra Requirements

Qnkicha.1570

Okay, thanks for information. I hope this theme helped on many ppl, not only for me. Thanks for everyone who answered and shared some useful information.

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

shouldn’t we be looking at the i5 5690 now at the moment? Thought the 5th generation was arriving already? Nice DDR 4 and support for new hardware?

Well we’ll see. I bought my 3960 when it was a good moment to buy. even though the 4960 was already available (just 3oo euro’s more expensive for 100 Mhz gain at the time…)

Not until later in 2015. Also, DDR4 memory is horribly expensive compared to the relatively small performance boost. There is a reason gamers don’t overclock their memories much anymore. There is just no real benefit.

4960 costs around 300€, so did you get your 3960 (you mean 3570? because 3690 does not exist) free? If you did, it was certainly a good deal.

One – Piken Square

About Ultra Requirements

Tom Gore.4035

Hello to everyone again. My final decision is to buy Intel Core i7 4770k and my final question is shall I stay with 8GB Ram ( 1.600Mhz ) or 16GB of Ram same Mhz? Thanks

Good choice, especially if you got a good discount compared to the newer 4790k (which has 400Mhz faster base clock and has more overclocking potential). 8GB memory will be plenty for GW2, but if you can afford 16GB it won’t be overkill either. Some of the (new generation) games we will be seeing in the future can be very memory-intensive.

What graphics card you got? It will also make a big difference in GW2 performance, although it looks like the game is pretty CPU bound when there are a lot of players around.

EDIT: I see you’ve got a R9 270X. It’s decent, but you won’t be running at Ultra with good FPS. That’s the next part you should upgrade after the CPU. I would recommend checking out the upcoming GTX 960 from Nvidia. It’s bound to be a monster at its price, and no one knows how the upcoming AMD cards will line up against the current Nvidia offerings.

One – Piken Square

(edited by Tom Gore.4035)

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

An I5 4690K, 8GB of 1600Mhz RAM, R9 270 (or better) graphics card and a motherboard capable of overclocking (Z97 chipset) will give you the best results without costing too much.

Minimal diminishing returns.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

About Ultra Requirements

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well we’ll see. I bought my 3960 when it was a good moment to buy. even though the 4960 was already available (just 3oo euro’s more expensive for 100 Mhz gain at the time…)

Not until later in 2015. Also, DDR4 memory is horribly expensive compared to the relatively small performance boost. There is a reason gamers don’t overclock their memories much anymore. There is just no real benefit.

4960 costs around 300€, so did you get your 3960 (you mean 3570? because 3690 does not exist) free? If you did, it was certainly a good deal.

i7 3930K, 3960X and i7 4930K, 4960X used to be more expensive 2 yrs ago… i7 5930K(560euro), i7 5960X(~900-1000 euro….) are available now, so even the i7 4930K a (~450-550 euro) and i7 4960X (850 euro)is more cheap now

I bought my 3930K for 300 euro. It was on sale at the time. and I mean just the CPU…

-I corrected my post above, I fumbled the numbers, have been looking into a 5960X and 2011-v3 mainboard…. -

About Ultra Requirements

Novuake.2691

For ANY sort of gaming, anything above an I5 4690K is a waste of money.

Better off spending more on a graphics card.

About Ultra Requirements

Tom Gore.4035

i7 3930K, 3960X and i7 4930K, 4960X used to be more expensive 2 yrs ago… i7 5930K(560euro), i7 5960X(~900-1000 euro….) are available now, so even the i7 4930K a (~450-550 euro) and i7 4960X (850 euro)is more cheap now

I bought my 3930K for 300 euro. It was on sale at the time. and I mean just the CPU…

-I corrected my post above, I fumbled the numbers, have been looking into a 5960X and 2011-v3 mainboard…. -

Ah you were talking about the Extreme edition CPUs. That’s nice and all but I don’t think those would fall into the OPs budget. Also, their single-core performance is not that much better than the 4-core i5 and i7s, so again no performance gain in GW2, unless they some day redo their engine to properly utilize more than 1-2 cores

One – Piken Square

About Ultra Requirements

knives.6132

I think 8gb would be sufficient. I have 16gb and I barely go above 6gb used. :|

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Amd is just crap for gaming.

Go for i5.

About Ultra Requirements

Novuake.2691

Go for i5.

Not true, yes AMD is NOT AS GOOD at the moment.
But its not outright crap.

However when it comes to GW2 specifically, AMD does not perform well at all.

About Ultra Requirements

knives.6132

Go for i5.

I played BF3 using amd before and it was ok.:|

About Ultra Requirements

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Please make a difference and state if you mean GPU’s or CPU’s in relation to AMD.

About Ultra Requirements

Belzebu.3912

Please make a difference and state if you mean GPU’s or CPU’s in relation to AMD.

Indeed.
AMD CPU is noticeably inferior to Intel.
AMD GPU is on par with Nvidea.

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

16GB Ram 1,600Mhz

the only thing doing holding back that build is the GPU at least get a 280x/285 or if you got patience and like looking around try find a r9 290x with discount i seen em about 232$ average 260$

PS. instead of the 8350 get the 8370, then again intel makes the better CPUs

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

I generally run the game on ultra settings/highest settings. Some situations may require you to lower the settings to reduce frame rate drops or disconnecting.

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Destreza.5149

Destreza.5149

Sorry to Necro this thread, but I need some help…

I’m on super-tight budget, but would like to enjoy Tyria the way it was meant to be seen; perhaps not in Ultra, but at least very high settings. I’m currently running GW2 on a 2011 Macbook Pro and it just can’t handle it. So, here’s the question – can this $400 build run the game at high settings? (Yay for Black Friday sales!)
– Windows 10
– AMD FX 4300 processor
– 8GB memory
– 1TB HD
– AMD Radeon R7 240 GPU, 2GB memory
– Stock CPU cooling and stock PSU

Other considerations:
– I don’t have the time or interest in playing any other games right now, so I only need to meet the requirements for GW2.
– I already have a Ultrawide monitor (2560×1080), mechanical keyboard and a gaming mouse. The only thing I need to spend money on is the PC.
– I have a spare 120 GB SSD I can install to run the game from.
* And most importantly, if this won’t be a significant improvement in performance over the Macbook, I can wait another 6 months and save up the money for a better machine.*

Thanks in advance!

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

Been looking to upgrade as well, anyone know about this MOBO?

GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX Motherboard

also been thinkin aboutthis combo deal… any advice?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2449187

(edited by JaddynnStarr.5201)

About Ultra Requirements

Belzebu.3912

- Windows 10
– AMD FX 4300 processor
– 8GB memory
– 1TB HD
– AMD Radeon R7 240 GPU, 2GB memory
– Stock CPU cooling and stock PSU

Other considerations:
– I don’t have the time or interest in playing any other games right now, so I only need to meet the requirements for GW2.
– I already have a Ultrawide monitor (2560×1080), mechanical keyboard and a gaming mouse. The only thing I need to spend money on is the PC.
– I have a spare 120 GB SSD I can install to run the game from.
* And most importantly, if this won’t be a significant improvement in performance over the Macbook, I can wait another 6 months and save up the money for a better machine.*

I don’t think it will handle High settings well enough, you may be able to run at high, but the FPS won’t be that good, I’ll guess will be around 35 FPS at high settings (maybe less at 1080p)
You seem to have a really good monitor and keyboard for a kinda bad PC :p

Been looking to upgrade as well, anyone know about this MOBO?

GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 ATX Motherboard

Looks like a high end MoBo, so if you are not thinking in doing OC and manually fine tuning it may end as a waste to buy such MoBo, but if money is no issue then go for it.

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

My setup currently consists of-

Amd black edition fx835 4g 8 core

Sapphire tri-x radeon 290x 4gb

16gb ddr4

Running on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit using 64 bit client

Game is installed on my ssd by itself.

In WvW I’m getting 30-40 fps but would love more.

Any suggestions for optimizations?

About Ultra Requirements

JaddynnStarr.5201

My setup currently consists of-

Amd black edition fx835 4g 8 core

Sapphire tri-x radeon 290x 4gb

16gb ddr4

Running on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit using 64 bit client

Game is installed on my ssd by itself.

In WvW I’m getting 30-40 fps but would love more.

Any suggestions for optimizations?

only thing I can see that would increase significantly would be to swap to an i5 or i7 setup… so prob new core and mobo

About Ultra Requirements

Destreza.5149

I don’t think it will handle High settings well enough, you may be able to run at high, but the FPS won’t be that good, I’ll guess will be around 35 FPS at high settings (maybe less at 1080p)
You seem to have a really good monitor and keyboard for a kinda bad PC :p

Thanks so much for the quick response! The monitor, keyboard and mouse were purchased for a separate system for work and I’m excited to re-purpose them. If the FPS is going to be poor, I’d rather save up and get something better. Perhaps I’ll take advantage of online Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales to get some components.

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I have a full tower with ASUS Motherboard – ATX, LGA2011-v3 with a I7 5820 6 core, 16 GB DDR-4 2800mhz, RAID SSD samsung and GTX 970 running 5600×1200 triple monitor.
GW2 looks awesome on a surround environment hitting 100 FPS +.

About Ultra Requirements

JaddynnStarr.5201

I have a full tower with ASUS Motherboard – ATX, LGA2011-v3 with a I7 5820 6 core, 16 GB DDR-4 2800mhz, RAID SSD samsung and GTX 970 running 5600×1200 triple monitor.

Thats weird… all the specs Ive seen on the GTX 970 say max res is 4096 × 2160. What card are you using that goes higher then that?

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I have a full tower with ASUS Motherboard – ATX, LGA2011-v3 with a I7 5820 6 core, 16 GB DDR-4 2800mhz, RAID SSD samsung and GTX 970 running 5760×1200 triple monitor.

Thats weird… all the specs Ive seen on the GTX 970 say max res is 4096 × 2160. What card are you using that goes higher then that?

4096×2160 is a 4k ultra single monitor resolution, 5600×1200 surround is different that goes on acrross 3 monitors.

About Ultra Requirements

JaddynnStarr.5201

Ahh ok, I understand now, thnx for the info.

About Ultra Requirements

Destreza.5149

Hey guys, what if I changed the configuration to upgrade the GPU to a AMD Radeon R7 250 and the CPU to a AMD FX 8320? Would that be enough of an improvement over the AMD FX 4300 and the AMD Radeon R7 240?
As I mentioned before, I’m only trying to meet the requirements for GW2. The game will be running off of an SSD and although I don’t need to run the game on Ultra, it would be really great to at least run it smoothly on High settings, with a decent FPS.

About Ultra Requirements

Belzebu.3912

Not much.
For GPU I recommend at least the R9 270
For CPU go for an i5-4590, AMD’s CPU for gaming have a good gap of quality behind Intel

But if you can’t pick both, I would pick the i5-4590 and the r7 250, that way you can turn down a couple graphical settings but the overall performance would be good since GW2 is more of a CPU bound game.

About Ultra Requirements

Destreza.5149

Not much.
For GPU I recommend at least the R9 270
For CPU go for an i5-4590, AMD’s CPU for gaming have a good gap of quality behind Intel

But if you can’t pick both, I would pick the i5-4590 and the r7 250, that way you can turn down a couple graphical settings but the overall performance would be good since GW2 is more of a CPU bound game.

Thanks! That config is what I’ll aim for then! I appreciate the time!

About Ultra Requirements

Posted by: EnidLarr.1478

EnidLarr.1478

I saw on Youtube that people’s videos were very smooth… how to set it up that way?

My computer specs:

i7 950
GeForce GTX 950 2GB
12GB ram DDR3…. forgot
256 SSD
all on ASUS Rampage