About legendaries and where they went wrong

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Ok so… i love legendaries and i have one myself, thats why im creating this thread.. To make legendaries more “Attractive”

So, i just want a single explanation from Anet on this…

1. Most legendaries are BUGGED and have been since launch. I have incinerator and i know that whenver its like… 5+ people around me the fire hand DOES NOT SHOW! (Look at attached screen on how it SHOULD look, but how it looks) This is kind of… The MAIN effect for me, since im an asura and the fire hand is so big and amazing on me, but i have to unequip it around 10-20 times for it to show most of the time… This should be fixed

2. Why is it soulbound? I know this has been discussed many many times, but can Anet just please tell us WHY its not account bound? Whats the logic? I love my thief and necro, and i decided to bind it to my necro since thats my main. But i love playing my thief aswell, but since i have my legendary on my necro it just… i cant play my thief. it would be much better to have it account bound.

After 7 months of hard to work to get it… i find out that it bugs out 80% of the times (I play alot WvW so im around people all the time) and i can only use it on one of my characters (I knew this the whole time, but it shouldnt be like that)

So, 7 months of work for ONE character only doesnt sound right.. right Anet? Is there a fix for the effects incoming soon?

Here are the pictures: First one is with the effect, the second without

Attachments:

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

These effect bugs are really annoying. Personally i have the bifrost(legendary staff), and its aura effect is the only reason why i liked it and crafted it. But, it doesn’t work all the time. in most situations these effects disappear and thus making it look like an exotic worthless stick. There is a thread which is created 8 months ago about legendary weapon effect problems, and as you see these problems are still not solved yet. it’s sad to have a bugged item after grinding hard to craft one. these aren’t like any other item, these are most valued items of the game. at least they have to fix them with more importance.

I also agree with you, they should be “account bound on use” so they would stay still tradeable before use. this way we would be able to use it on our alt characters. they are constantly nerfing and buffing classes so i don’t see a point to stick to one character just because i have all my valued items on it…

Attachments:

(edited by Umut.5471)

ShadowMaster.5708

Thats terrible :O The bifrost is amazing, i would have made that one if it wasnt for the arah tokens… I Seriously hope Anet fix it…

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I’m still annoyed to this day that I’m still throwing a wooden shield.

I’m not sure about all of the throwable weapons, but I’m pretty sure I see flying Twilights and Sunrises when they get tossed around by those who can wield them.

Attachments:

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I love my juggernaut, but the metallic effects keeps vanishing, for example if something stealth you. Then you need to swap weapons before it comes back

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

ShadowMaster.5708

i think we should all spam Anet with hate mails so they can see the problem here… Legendaries take so much effort and time to get, yet Anet doesnt care about it.. “OHHH!! Legendaries are bugged?! Who cares, we cant fix it. We should add a new NPC in lions arch that doesnt even do anything usefull, and remove him after 2 weeks instead!”

well.. maybe not… But if there is some bugs they should fix, this is some of them. Legendaries are suppised to be cool, not bugged

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

I think the aura problem is shared between legendaries, iirc my sunrise also lose it.
Even if it would be nice if fixed, your points 2 is more interesting. The chance to give them to different characters would be really amazing.

I also think some legendaries arent really appealing but those are my tastes. I remember a thread of suggestions where a guy wrote about a black kudzu with roses, oh id create a ranger only to equip it.

ShadowMaster.5708

I think the aura problem is shared between legendaries, iirc my sunrise also lose it.
Even if it would be nice if fixed, your points 2 is more interesting. The chance to give them to different characters would be really amazing.

I also think some legendaries arent really appealing but those are my tastes. I remember a thread of suggestions where a guy wrote about a black kudzu with roses, oh id create a ranger only to equip it.

Thats true, but no point adding new ones, before they fix the current ones first

Umut.5471

Every legendary with aura have this problem. Bolt, Sunrise, The Bifrost, The Predator, Quip etc. etc. And some others with extra effects(like op’s example) These are most valuable items of the game, yet their effects are bugged.
People are crafting these expensive items for visual/cosmetic reasons and these effects. This is why these bugged effects should be fixed immediately. Legendary greatsword users don’t complain that much btw, because these weapons’ trail effects are still good enough, but if some of these weapons lose their aura or other effects they look like standard exotic weapons as they don’t have any other “shiny” trail effects.

ShadowMaster.5708

Every legendary with aura have this problem. Bolt, Sunrise, The Bifrost, The Predator, Quip etc. etc. And some others with extra effects(like op’s example) These are most valuable items of the game, yet their effects are bugged.
People are crafting these expensive items for visual/cosmetic reasons and these effects. This is why these bugged effects should be fixed immediately. Legendary greatsword users don’t complain that much btw, because these weapons’ trail effects are still good enough, but if some of these weapons lose their aura or other effects they look like standard exotic weapons as they don’t have any other “shiny” trail effects.

Excacly… Its the most valuable item in game and people get it for the visuals.. when its been bugged since release just shows how much Anet care about their players. We spend hundreds of hours getting these items and what do we get? A bugged item

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I still think it’s horrible that Legendaries are even Soulbound on Use, so people can put them up on the trading post.

I’ve seen people running around with 4 Legendaries, and I have asked them, the answer always seems to be ‘’Credit card, yes.’’

That is what annoys me a lot.

There really are nothing in this game yet that can be gained through dedication, skill and long time playing, except PvP perhaps and their titles to some degree.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Kudzu has a bowstring that hangs suspended in midair.

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/64241/gw062.jpg

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Farzo.8410

It’s the same with almost every bow.

I can’t provide a screenshot but look for yourself if you find another bow :P

Quarktastic.1027

The only other bow that has this issue is the verdant longbow.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/25/gw2-longbow-gallery/

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Farzo.8410

Destroyer Longbow got a flying string as well.

http://i.imgur.com/3BUFFQK.jpg

Quarktastic.1027

Ok, but most bows have properly placed strings. And Kudzu is a freaking legendary. A little attention to detail would be nice.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Farzo.8410

Ok, but most bows have properly placed strings. And Kudzu is a freaking legendary. A little attention to detail would be nice.

Never talked against that, was just saying that many bows got the same problem, it should be fixed :P

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

I’d say the real place they “went wrong” with legendaries was when they decided all legendaries should be available only as PVT.

Umut.5471

I still think it’s horrible that Legendaries are even Soulbound on Use, so people can put them up on the trading post.

I’ve seen people running around with 4 Legendaries, and I have asked them, the answer always seems to be ‘’Credit card, yes.’’

That is what annoys me a lot.

There really are nothing in this game yet that can be gained through dedication, skill and long time playing, except PvP perhaps and their titles to some degree.

As long as they can’t prevent 3rd party gold sellers, and don’t ban both buyers/sellers they’ll buy 6-7 legendaries with the holy credit card’s power I don’t think any of them buying their weapons through converting gems to gold(via gw2 gem store), it would be very expensive. So it’s not profitable for anet or ncsoft too, just 3rd party sellers are getting richer.
But this is not the case, they may want these weapons to be sold in tp, but they can still add “account bound on use” system for legendary weapons only. I think, lack of visual effect fixes and account bound system are the most important two problems of legendaries.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

The biggest problem I have with legendaries is (even more so than the RNG Precursor that costs 100s of gold) the fact that they can be bought and sold like any standard weapon.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

i think we should all spam Anet with hate mails so they can see the problem here… Legendaries take so much effort and time to get, yet Anet doesnt care about it.. “OHHH!! Legendaries are bugged?! Who cares, we cant fix it. We should add a new NPC in lions arch that doesnt even do anything usefull, and remove him after 2 weeks instead!”

well.. maybe not… But if there is some bugs they should fix, this is some of them. Legendaries are suppised to be cool, not bugged

Sure. Fix critical bugs, make content that everyone enjoys?

Naaaah, let’s fix a problem 5 legendary owners are having instead.

ShadowMaster.5708

I never said they shouldnt fix critical bugs, and please dont say “everyone” enjoy the events that will keep you interessted for like 20-30 minutes. Dont tell me you have been playing Moa races 24/7 since it came out… Legendaries are something you probably use 90% of the timr you are online, and its EVERYONE with a legendary that has this problem

You are just jelly you dont have a legendary, since this is a big problem if you have one

ShadowMaster.5708

No fix for this in this patch… Not that i expected, but if they will fix it… It has to come sometime!

Anet, please

Umut.5471

There aren’t so few legendary weapon owners as you think. Crafting a legendary weapon is currently the main endgame target of this game. (as this is a cosmetic game where you try to get best looking stuff in pve)
So regular and high-playtime players get affected by these cosmetic bugs. I don’t say that they shouldn’t fix other general issues, but come on, there aren’t so many legendary weapons to fix(1 for each weapon type and 3 for gs and not all of them are bugged btw), they could have fixed them at some point in 9 or 10 months of this game. There’s even a thread about it in this forum created 8 months ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Legendary-sword-Bolt-effect-not-always-showing

It’s an one-time fix, and would make hardcore/dedicated players happy.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

I’d say the real place they “went wrong” with legendaries was when they decided all legendaries should be available only as PVT.

You can transmute them. They even fixed the problem with transmuted legendaries not counting as legendaries a couple patches ago.

To be clear, I’m not here relying on second-hand reports or something (though you’ll have to rely on a first-hand report :P). I transmuted my bolt before equipping it, so I never got the achievement or the chest on the character select screen. After the patch that put the cosmetic damage types on legendaries (e.g., (lightning) on bolt), I had the achievement and the chest. My bolt also got the cosmetic damage type.

(I don’t have a twilight or sunrise, so I can’t tell you if transmuted versions of those can be turned into eternity. I’d expect they could now, but that’s the only thing I can think of that I can’t test for myself.)

Another complaint, which has been made on these forums before: why don’t mesmers get the shark effect on autoattack crits with kamohoali’i kotaki? We only get it on the 2 skill, not the 1 skill. :(

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

There aren’t so few legendary weapon owners as you think. Crafting a legendary weapon is currently the main endgame target of this game. (as this is a cosmetic game where you try to get best looking stuff in pve)
So regular and high-playtime players get affected by these cosmetic bugs. I don’t say that they shouldn’t fix other general issues, but come on, there aren’t so many legendary weapons to fix(1 for each weapon type and 3 for gs and not all of them are bugged btw), they could have fixed them at some point in 9 or 10 months of this game. There’s even a thread about it in this forum created 8 months ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Legendary-sword-Bolt-effect-not-always-showing

It’s an one-time fix, and would make hardcore/dedicated players happy.

Maybe so, but within the last one-two months they apparently fixed a nasty crash that was in the game since launch. I don’t know about you, but I’m glad it was worked on (finally) at a higher priority then some graphical glitch on rare weapon skins.

Don’t worry, they’ll get to your legendaries eventually.

Posted by: Unholey.3264

Unholey.3264

Thought I’d post my 2 cents about the auras for Frenzy and Kamohoali’i Kotaki having similar issues as the weapons noted above. Also, for Kotaki, the shark animation effects only work on 1 skill when used on a ranger. It should be noted, however, that you can get these auras to work and appear on land and stack them underwater. So, double the “misty” effect and Frenzy’s fish while wielding Kotaki, for example. But again, the auras don’t always appear.

I’d assume the same holds true for Kraitkin.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

If they fix those bugs, then they also need to add appropriate and similar effects to the legendaries that don’t have them. Where’s my aura and footsteps on Meteorlogicus, hmm?

ShadowMaster.5708

They said they are going to rework legendaries, hopefully that will fix this issue… i would just LOVE AND ANSWER from Anet, about why its soulbound and why they havent fixed this issue

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Something seems inherently broken about the legendary weapons in general. As ridiculous as some of the steps are to get the materials to make one, Arenanet sure has failed on making them “legendary”.
If you spend that much time (and/or money) to get this “legendary” weapon, it should work seamlessly.
Marketing is done using legendary weapons, the weapons are talked about a lot (not just in bad light), promoted almost as end-game content (which, if you are into crafting, is almost accurate).
Yet Arenanet seems to have done a rather kitten job.
It would seem that the popularity of legendary weapons is bringing in a lot of cash for Arenanet, yet apparently they don’t bring in enough to warrant any dedicated attention. Or, more likely, they just don’t care. As long as something sells, who cares if it’s broken, right Anet?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Umut.5471

Have you guys tried your legendary weapon effects after the patch ?
My aura now works better(not disappeared till now), but i’m not sure it’s completely fixed or not.

Posted by: Grumwulf.9602

Grumwulf.9602

The main problem I have with “legendaries” is that there is no story about them. I wish it was something like a questline where you get the precursor and then you do further quests where you infuse it with X, take it to an alter somewhere and cleanse it with Y. And so on. WoW did something like this with the Rogue legendary. Quests and story plus some grinding. This game’s legendaries could have had so much story and instead it was just basically a big gamey economy driver, a sort of huge dustbin for all the various bits of rubbish the game generates. No romance to it at all. In a fantasy game. Why don’t they care? This is MMO without RPG. But without the illusion that RPG creates it all starts to feel absurdly pointless, like reading a book to count the number of words, or to circle every use of ‘the’ or underline every period. Sometimes I look at Elder Scrolls and I think RPG must be important because really that series had pretty bad gameplay. 12 million copies Skyrim sold. That’s because it was immersive. Anyway I think they probably just ran out of time like they did with zhaitan dungeon. They can do some good writing when they want to.

(edited by Grumwulf.9602)