About the Labyrinthine Horror

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I played my little heart out this weekend, even took a day of PTO to get in more Labyrinth time. And given the confusion with the undersea creature, I’m hoping we can all agree to call the Labyrinthine Horror by the name of… ~drum roll~ … Cecil. It… just seems fitting, and players seemed to agree.

I dunno. I’d vote for… Colin. Here’s why:

• People want to blame him for ruining their loot run and dying too often.
  • Other people love breaking his defiance and forcing him to stand still for 2 seconds.
  • He swings a sword; he swings it again.
  • Big grin.

Colin, the Labyrinthine Horror

ANet, between this post and the pancakes suggestion in the other thread, I implore you to hire this man and pay him whatever he asks.

~EW

I agree with you EW except she may take exception to being called a man. Just sayin’…

Good catch. Post is now fixed to be more internet gender-neutral friendly.

~EW

Posted by: Willow Smythe.8573

Willow Smythe.8573

He really does answer to Steve. It’s happened more times than not.

When we do our run through the labyrinth, ie Candy Corn Boarder lands or CCBL for short we call out for him at his home. If we don’t reach him there, i know that we can find him at his friends King candy’s home, (Candy Corn viscount) telling him how the tart Aggie that broke his heart. I can always hear Steve say AGGIE!!!! YOU DIDN’T CALL!!!!!!!! Everyone he charges us with that chainsaw spinny attack.

We’ve tried letting him down easy, but man dude can’t take a hint.

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

I call the Horror: Our Special fran/Special guest
And I call the Lich: Miss Tyria 2016 …. She’s beauty, she’s grace…she don’t gotta faceee~

(Idk why I turn the lich into a chick, it’s a set of bones though so w.e LOL)

Posted by: mikethepwnstar.2905

mikethepwnstar.2905

You mean to tell me that who myself and the many others I’ve been running with in the labyrinth have been calling Steve (because that’s his name) for YEARS should now call him Cecil?

:\

Refused.

:)

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

The community has been calling him Steve for more than 2 years now.

This.

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Been calling him Freddie since first time I saw him.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

The community has been calling him Steve for more than 2 years now.

This.

but why?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This must be an NA thing. Everyone on EU seems to just call it The Horror.

We’re not very imaginative I guess…

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I played my little heart out this weekend, even took a day of PTO to get in more Labyrinth time. And given the confusion with the undersea creature, I’m hoping we can all agree to call the Labyrinthine Horror by the name of… ~drum roll~ … Cecil. It… just seems fitting, and players seemed to agree.

• Other people love breaking his defiance and forcing him to stand still for 2 seconds.
  • Big grin.

ANet, between this post and the pancakes suggestion in the other thread, I implore you to hire this man and pay him whatever he asks.

~EW

I agree with you EW except she may take exception to being called a man. Just sayin’…

~EW

Gender neutral is a good choice. It could be that IWN has never confirmed or denied a gender.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

No, this makes you normal. Apparently, we are having trouble over here figuring out what to do with ourselves or what to call things. Even things that already have names.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

• Big grin.

~EW

~EW

Gender neutral is a good choice. It could be that IWN has never confirmed or denied a gender.

+1. That was my point. Gender neutral is always best since we generally don’t know who we are addressing.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No, this makes you normal. Apparently, we are having trouble over here figuring out what to do with ourselves or what to call things. Even things that already have names.

Everything has many names. Formal names, common names, nick names, local names, names in different languages. Humans have always loved naming things, which is why rich people have 27 words for ‘snow’ and Proctor & Gamble has 58 kinds of detergent with the same ingredients.

It’s normal not to care about coming up with “pet names” for things, but it’s equally normal to enjoy doing so.

Which is why someone might unfairly refer to someone who discounts naming That-Which-Might-Already-Be-Named as Debbie Downer, Sourpuss, Nattering Nabob of Negativity, Grumpy, Captain Literal, or, you know, Steve.

tl;dr nothing wrong with having no interest in nicknames; nothing wrong with enjoying trying to find one that goes viral.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Over these last few days my nickname for the LH has developed pretty organically.

It’s: “Holy-kitten, where’s a zerg to save me!?”

I say it every time I see ’em.

~EW

edit: JaFW, the sensitivity training didn’t help at all. But, the punch and pie they served was good.

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Over these last few days my nickname for the LH has developed pretty organically.

~EW

Mine’s “eeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee!” as I run past trying to escape.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

Totally agree with the op, also I want to suggest to change Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn into Alan…much easier to write and remember…

EphemeralWallaby.7643

~EW

Mine’s “eeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee!” as I run past trying to escape.

It wouldn’t surprise me if some people call it “wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww” just before they die.

I’m tempted to start calling the LH “kitten” for short.

~EW

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

This makes a lot more sense now. I was in a zerg the other day and they kept talking about Steve, and I had no idea who or what they meant. So I kept making Chuck Norris type jokes about Steve.
I’ve been here since the beginning, and this year is the first I have heard of the LH called Steve.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

now i feel like i wasted my time never call him a name! i mean it is my favourite, i litterally love it to the point i have to kill it and i never bothered to knew how it was called. i feel guilty. and i’m sorry for cecil, but steve is so fitty i don’t even understand what we are talking about

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride