About the Recent Player Feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wreknar.5076

Wreknar.5076

Q:

Good morning,

I’ll keep it short and sweet, considering the sheer volume of feedback being provided about the recent patch (and the game design decisions implemented within), will there be another announcement from a developer or studio chief acknowledging/addressing the common points?

Edit:
The announcement that was given last week has been ineffective, considering the proportion of feedback given since then. It would seem that continual developer communication is sorely needed.

(edited by Wreknar.5076)

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

What do you want them to say?

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Screw you guys, we are going Wow

Wreknar.5076

@Omega

Sorry I thought I was clear in my question earlier. I am asking if there is any intention from ANet to openly acknowledge/re-address the negative feedback presented by the official patch feedback thread and the ascended gear thread. It shouldn’t have to be said, but a brief explanation of what they are going to do (or not going to do depending on their intent) is sorely needed.

Posted by: DegoLocc.5976

DegoLocc.5976

There is just as many ppl who want gear progression as those who don’t. Anet clearly made their decision, and they already have your money, so it’s up to YOU if you still play or not.

I know I will be.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

As long as players give them money why should they care?

Posted by: lexdead.7610

lexdead.7610

If you went wow why do you care anyway?

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

What do you expect them to say? ‘You have been PUNK’D! We were just messing with ya! Ha Ha!’

But yeah, at least grow a pair and make it official.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

That is where you are wrong – they dont have my money – it is coming back to me.
I will also dissuade anyone from purchasing the game.So it hurts the bottom line.

I have been supporting and singing the praises of Anet. Now I will be adding negative PR everywhere I go. It is not a smart move really – if you think about.

I really hope they do come out and take a stand one way or another I still have time before I get my money back but I dont know if it would be enough.

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

I expect acknowledgement from ANet that the direction they are taking GW2 isn’t even close to being universally popular.

Whistling past the graveyard of MMO’s doesn’t help.

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Because caring cultivates loyalty, which drives a successful title.

MMORPGs aren’t a commodity market. MMORPGS are online communities that compete intensely for player investment. Strong communities lead to stable revenue and steady growth.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Wreknar.5076

There is just as many ppl who want gear progression as those who don’t. Anet clearly made their decision, and they already have your money, so it’s up to YOU if you still play or not.

I know I will be.

I would like to know your source, from where did you discern that half the playerbase is happy with the progression and half the playerbase isn’t? Furthermore, I would know why is it okay, from your response it seems that way, to upset half of your existing playerbase? If this is a no win situation for ArenaNet which requires a choice, I still don’t believe that there is a way where you can’t have both, then what made them chose to add this type of progression? These are all questions that should be addressed.

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone,
please refrain from making staff call outs in your thread title. We understand that you wish your thread to receive the attention it is due, however using ArenaNet in your thread title does not aide in making this happen. Therefore, that part has been removed from the thread name.

Greetings

Posted by: pyronix.4081

pyronix.4081

Because caring cultivates loyalty, which drives a successful title.

MMORPGs aren’t a commodity market. MMORPGS are online communities that compete intensely for player investment. Strong communities lead to stable revenue and steady growth.

Very well said. +1 to you. ANet would do well to continually remember this.

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

Hello everyone,
please refrain from making staff call outs in your thread title. We understand that you wish your thread to receive the attention it is due, however using ArenaNet in your thread title does not aide in making this happen. Therefore, that part has been removed from the thread name.

Greetings

Wow, you couldn’t even say no or yes. I belive Wreknar was aking a question, you could at last give him an answer.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Wreknar.5076

@Meinke

Honestly, sorry if the title thread violated any of the forums rules. We are, however, putting you folks on the spot, looking for something, anything, that tells us we are, or not, wasting our breath.

Posted by: Gombar.7324

Gombar.7324

Hello everyone,

Greetings

This has been getting on my nerves. 90% of A-net posts on this forum are completely useless like this one. They really need to hire better Community Coordinators.. the ones on the WoW forums ACTUALLY take the time to address player concerns and discuss the game instead of this petty nonsense.

Much as I hate to say it, it is because they, at Blizzard, have over the years learned it the hard way that this pays off in the long run. Something they could learn from at ANet and take to heart.

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Hello everyone,

Greetings

This has been getting on my nerves. 90% of A-net posts on this forum are completely useless like this one. They really need to hire better Community Coordinators.. the ones on the WoW forums ACTUALLY take the time to address player concerns and discuss the game instead of this petty nonsense.

Honestly, he’s lucky he didn’t get an infraction. I received one once for using the word “developer” in this thread title:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Can-a-developer-please-clarify-condition-mechanics/

..and then, to make things worse, the thread was locked rather than the title simply being edited so a discussion could occur.

I’d say he was fortunate. It gets a bit odd at times.

(edited by Edge.4180)

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Hello everyone,

Greetings

Wow, you couldn’t even say no or yes. I belive Wreknar was aking a question, you could at last give him an answer.

Just as I will state that animators and most other content creators don’t fix code bugs, Community Reps/CCs are not Developers and do not have the ability to state dev intentions. The best they would be able to do is 1) link to any existing threads and 2) pass on to the debs common concerns (via Gaile if I read her position correctly).

Posted by: NastyPiggy.2046

NastyPiggy.2046

That is where you are wrong – they dont have my money – it is coming back to me.
I will also dissuade anyone from purchasing the game.So it hurts the bottom line.

I have been supporting and singing the praises of Anet. Now I will be adding negative PR everywhere I go. It is not a smart move really – if you think about.

I really hope they do come out and take a stand one way or another I still have time before I get my money back but I dont know if it would be enough.

I don’t know what you wish to accomplish with spreading negative PR. Just don’t praise it anymore. Is it a great MMO, sure, is it no monthly fee, for right now yes it is till they cross that line too. But Arenanet has crossed 1 of their lines that they said they wouldn’t because they were different, we’re finding out they’re not. They’re now just a company that doesn’t stick to their principles.

My question is… why didn’t they talk about this before release? Obviouisly it was in the works when Guild Wars was released 3 months ago. Why just come out of nowhere with this when it’s such a huge change to the way they’ve said their creating the game… other then to get the money from people who supported their non-progression gamestyle.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

The reason this thread even exists is because of the total vacuum when it comes to someone in authority addressing very legitimate concerns.

@ Meinke to post such a reply shows a lack of understanding of the current situation and asking for a response from Devs is not a call out, nor is it attention seeking.

At this point it is really needed.
I do not expect CC’s to state company intentions but I do expect them to pass on the information to the relevant people, being Gaile or whoever.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

they engaged in a type of criminal fraud called bait and switch. file a complaint with the federal trade commision. when have scam artists ever made good after bilking people?

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/baitads-gd.htm

i hope they get nailed to the wall for this. seeing them made an example of is better than any refund.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Posted by: don ring.2793

don ring.2793

they engaged in a type of criminal fraud called bait and switch. file a complaint with the federal trade commision. when have scam artists ever made good after bilking people?

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/baitads-gd.htm

i hope they get nailed to the wall for this. seeing them made an example of is better than any refund.

I think this might be the only way to get anything through their thick skulls..
Love the game, hate the kitten who came up with this idea.

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

Hello everyone,

Greetings

Yeah, ANET needs to change their policy, it has the overt tendency to hamper open discussion. It’s one thing if actual abuse is being focused at an ANet staffer, it’s quite the other if they are simply being addressed. The chilling effect and backlash to such policies will eventually spiral outward into circles of discussion outside of ANet’s control.

(edited by Kuldebar.1897)